Jump to content

safar

Donators
  • Content count

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About safar

  • Rank
    InsanelyMac Protégé
  1. Hi Clover limits the number of gpus to 4 : from Clover source code : rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/Settings.c : GFX_PROPERTIES gGraphics[4]; //no more then 4 graphics cards Anybody knows why? This number is limiting for me : - 1x gpu is AMD display GPU - 1x gpu is Supermicro's built-in vga IKVM output (Matrox 0x532102B) - 3x gpus Nvidia for Cuda I At present, I have to take off one Nvidia (but I'm trying to disable the build-in vga IKVM output through software, so that it's available for other operating systems : I'll make another post on that topic, to keep things clean)
  2. safar

    Disable/Delete Integrated Graphics from DSDT?

    hello Rampage any update on this ? One can find everywhere how to disable the external card, but nothing about disabling the integrated graphics ! Would come usefull for me, as it would be useful for me to keep the vga output of the board enabled, so as to use Supermicro kvm, but don't be embarrassed by this extra loosy graphics card in os x ! thanks
  3. safar

    [Guide] AIO Guides For Hackintosh

    just wanted to say how amazing the guide is, many thanks
  4. hi thanks again for being there. Actually, I presented the problem the wrong way here. It's esata that works with the caldigit, and USB 3 that don't. All the other cards I tried behave the other way round (usb 3 works, no esata). Today I did a chat today here, and I was advised to try GenericUSBXHCI… which did work ! But all the cards I tried should be recognized by OS 10.8.3+ without any drivers. So now it clearly seems that the problem is one of "double chipset pci-cards". I wish I understood why on the hackintosh and some version of OS.X, os X instantiates only one of the two chipset without "external help".
  5. okay, I've tried two other cards : NewerTech MAXPower USB/eSATA 2x2 Host Adapter, and HighPoint RocketU 1144E. And I think I'm beginning to "understand" : what all these cards have in common is to have two chips : 1 for esata (generally Marvell), the other chip for USB-3. Some versions of OS X only "see" one of those chip, not the two of them. I'm sure this could be solved with some kexts. If you who are reading this do not know the answer, but do know who I could talk to about a custom kext development… please chime in !
  6. Thanks for the suggestions, but I did try on fresh vanilla systems (all the ones that I mention don't work were fresh installs), I did wait > 30 seconds, and I was not using USB at the same time ! It looks like a combination of hardware (mb + the card) and software problem !
  7. hello first post here, though long time reader ! For years, I've had a Supermicro X8DAH hackintosh (very good beast, no dsdt necessary). I installed in it a Fasta-6GU3 by caldigit (a card that has both USB-3 and Esata, which is important because I'm tight on pcie ports). It worked good (no driver necessary for the esata part) : 10.6.8, 10.8.2, 10.8.3, 10.8.4 It fails to work (whatever efforts are put into it) : 10.8.5, 10.10.1 (my present system). I've fought like crazy on this, to no avail ; I contacted the card manufacturer, who told me to get lost (and get a mac pro). The problem I face is the card is inside the system, I can see it with ioreg, but the drives attached to it do not show up at all. The card by caldigit has two chips : an esata one, and a usb-3 one (which is working good). The esata Chip is a Marvell 1b4b,9123 I tried : AHCI_3rdParty_SATA, AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA, IOAHCIStorage Injector, Intel Generic AHCI SATA, voodoo prayers, every bios settings I could find, bios settings of the Marvell. AHCI_3rdParty_SATA and AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA should work, because they specifically mention that chip. <key>Marvell 88SE9123</key> <dict> <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key> <string>com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort</string> <key>Chipset Name</key> <string>88SE9123</string> <key>IOClass</key> <string>AppleAHCI</string> <key>IOPCIClassMatch</key> <string>0x01060100&0xffffff00</string> <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key> <string>0x91231b4b</string> <key>IOProbeScore</key> <integer>15000</integer> <key>IOProviderClass</key> <string>IOPCIDevice</string> <key>Vendor Name</key> <string>Marvell</string> </dict> I made an ioreg dump of the card (on a vanilla 10.10.1 system), it's attached. One can clearly see the chip is in the system… but it should have drive attached. It's not a cable or external device problem, that's guaranteed (if only because it works by rebooting on 10.8.4) Also, because I know the update from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5 breaks the card, I looked at what relevant system extensions were modified by the update… there are a lot, but of those pertaining to ahci or storage, it's only a few. Running a folder diff between the new extensions and the old, I found nothing interesting. I hope somebody will chime in ! Attached files : ioreg : the same type of card, working in another computer on 10.8.3 : ioreg_from_10_8_3_other_computer_working.txt ioreg : the card not working on my main computer, on 10.10.1 : ioreg_from_10_10_1_not_working.txt
×