[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

i follow the guide, use 0.5 files without usbxhci kext get panic, use the one out of 0.4.

dsdt+ssdt and config also by 0.5 pack, but no QE. then i reinstall the hd4000 kext via vietnam tool but now changes..

You dont need the vietnam tool in this setup. Start all over, start with 10.9.2 (10.9.0???) - maybe make a new usb-installer... as i recall it even worked worked with the 0.2 files and with the 0.25 files...but the 0.4 or 0.5 files should be great to...get 10.9.2 running with QE... then care about the updates.

@caleidosCope

you did a clean install again?

I am willing to... but just for the try. Maybe i'll take the little surface with me on vacation... I need the Win8.1 install so bad, because i have some business software running on it...and the licensing involved in all this keeps me OFF... but i will play a little with SF ... do a single OSX install. I will report it back... since that, i boot a couple of times more.

... i read about a couple of posts ago (yes there are people around here that even read ALL posts of this thread... sorry i am straggeling..ähm) someone mentioned that there are torrents of 10.9.2 alive... if you are lucky/brave :)

• Like 1

... i read about a couple of posts ago (yes there are people around here that even read ALL posts of this thread... sorry i am straggeling..ähm) someone mentioned that there are torrents of 10.9.2 alive... if you are lucky/brave :)

Yes i got mine from a torrent at the pir*teb*y, I'm on my holiday though so I can't send it to you.

@caleidosCope luckily I'm not the only one reading everything then ^.^.

@jahstories and everyone who helped patching the applehda.kext

Great job, I'm gonna apply the fix as soon als I'm home, though with only OS X on the pro1 I haven't had any problems with the voodoohda except for the "not auto switching" plug problem that was known :) (no not even a cracking sound on the speakers)

• Like 1

thanks midi, already discussed here,

the pen works perfectly but sadly the Apple digitizer driver its one point touch (no multitouch) and left clicking only.

It's surely something for who don't wanna invest money on buying multitouch drivers, but keep in mind that TouchBase drivers are a lot better...

and there will be an update this weekend specifically for Yosemite.

SP2 Testing

Deleted VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler kexts, and loaded AppleHDA (for SP1) and HDAEnabler3. worked after the first boot, but not on boots 2 and 3. deleted both kexts, installed with kext utility (skipped first time), and sound is working on 3 straight boots. seems to be a little louder then VoodooHDA (not much), but the auto-switching is working properly!

(I'm on 10.9.4)

• Like 2

Since last update I only have 1/10 tries normal audio. Rest of the time audio switching is wrong now. To get even some sound out of it I need to switch audio output twice to get glitched sound. Also, bluetooth is not working anymore.

Boot is superfast though. Earlier, initializing all my screens (2 connected via Displaylink USB) took about 15 seconds, now it gets it done within 2 seconds after boot.

I've tried 10 boots and multiple kext drops on 0.5. Have reverted back to 0.4 and on first boot audio works and bluetooth works again.

thanks midi, already discussed here,

the pen works perfectly but sadly the Apple digitizer driver its one point touch (no multitouch) and left clicking only.

It's surely something for who don't wanna invest money on buying multitouch drivers, but keep in mind that TouchBase drivers are a lot better...

and there will be an update this weekend specifically for Yosemite.

Yeah! Thanks for the clarification :D :D

@cfb44

thanks for testing, i'll wait for a couple more tests and then i'll update the sp2 pack to v0.5

@three2five

you probably messed up something, it could even be a permission problem.

@Vudo

Please don't ask and answer questions all by yourself. XD

everyone should use V.0.5 and follow the guide without any alteration. (if usbxhci is not working for you, use the older one)

@everyone

many guys already updated to V.0.5 without issues and without even asking for help.

here sadly only those who are getting problems are posting.

• Like 1

50 downloads and 5 comments on V.0.5

750 downloads and 20 comments on V.0.4

:P

I think that most people don't read new thread's posts anymore,

probably they just use new files when shared.

...ahhh i see. You did a great job, offered your knowledge for free, showed that it can be done, provided your "collection" and your hard work. So many complaining about the "guide"... but no one tried to do it "right"... there is enough space on insanelymac  :yes:

Hey, you got 277,811 views on this guide... how does it feel?!?! :thumbsup_anim:

50 downloads and 5 comments on V.0.5

750 downloads and 20 comments on V.0.4

:P

I think that most people don't read new thread's posts anymore,

probably they just use new files when shared.

This is like reading the Harry Potter books, an missing the two inbetweeen...

Thanks, "a bit of fresh air" :D

it's like everyone in my city have seen the guide (in my city we are around 260.000) :P

By the way, today hackintoshing is becoming easier, and thats better and worse at the same time...

Cause i learned a lot of things, when guides were harder to understand, every error was "a door" to learn and understand how OS X was working and found solutions.

And this is surely how its should still be. 

Btw i'm really glad i was messing with hacks when everything started on Tiger.

Back then even just seeing the Apple boot logo on a PC screen was driving me crazy.

Today we are using Microsoft HW and Apple OS on a X86 Tablet Computer.

this thing came from the future, a weird future.  :D

delorean-toy-replica.jpg?874fb4

• Like 2

@modacular:    try to update over app store... works like a charme (on SF1)

Many thanks @caleidosCope and @JahStories for the guidance! I'm back and booming in 10.9.4! Everything works properly now. I've also enabled HiDPI 720p with SwitchResX and Quartz Debug and it's a totally new machine. 

PS. I still got an issue with the sound though.. I installed the patched AppleHDA.kext from 0.5 but it's kind of a hit and miss if the sound will work after each reboot. The audio cable plugin-plugout recognition works a charm though, and the audio quality is very good. Sweet!

I'd like to help debug this issue if possible. Is there any specific log that can shed some light to the mystery of the corrupt sound?

• Like 1

Many thanks @caleidosCope and @JahStories for the guidance! I'm back and booming in 10.9.4! Everything works properly now. I've also enabled HiDPI 720p with SwitchResX and Quartz Debug and it's a totally new machine. 

PS. I still got an issue with the sound though.. I installed the patched AppleHDA.kext from 0.5 but it's kind of a hit and miss if the sound will work after each reboot. The audio cable plugin-plugout recognition works a charm though, and the audio quality is very good. Sweet!

I'd like to help debug this issue if possible. Is there any specific log that can shed some light to the mystery of the corrupt sound?

I tried to look at the kexts beeing loaded after a "good" boot and after a "bad" boot... only thing i got so far is that the order the kexts are loaded (in time) differ.

IMHO there are (maybe) initialisation problems due to my dual boot system, it get worse if i boot win and go back to osx. FUNNY: My first daily boot is mostly without sound problems... then it’s a funny game (boot - messed up sound - boot again) i created a sound that is started automaticaly after boot (use automator... its fun!!!) via system - user - programs started after boot (sory system language: german ;) )... that saves a lot of clicks.

Some people reported to have no problems while having a single boot osx-surface. It could be a EFI problem...i am not sure. Digging in the dirt....

I tried to look at the kexts beeing loaded after a "good" boot and after a "bad" boot... only thing i got so far is that the order the kexts are loaded (in time) differ.

I've also noticed that if the sound is about to work properly, the boot time is very quick, whereas when the sound is glitchy the boot takes some time to complete.

I don't know what logs to pick.. 

Let's hope Mirone knows :D

thx y very mutch for this guide!

whitout no way to become charmed about my surface and OSX.

In history many little problem's at my side, but now i'm on the way;)

just some last things i need help again and report here.

1. app store access?

(done, by guide)

@Jahstories
Just came home from my holiday today, I've installed the new appleHDA.kext. It works like a charm on a single boot OSX 10.9.2 SP1. Pluging in and out works perfectly, even with a song on it switches the audio output source without delay.

Also, despite the number of people that keep asking for a fix of the not working app store and such at their installation. Might it be a smart move to place a few solutions on the FIRST post of this topic. since half of the people asking only read your first post guide and not the rest of the topic in which it has been discussed at least 10 times in the past 10 pages...

And all thats left now is the internal wifi right :)

i'm waiting for Mirone to found a fix to those getting glitches or sometimes no audio on dual boot configurations...

and already keeping this thread along with the first post updated.

It's better to leave it as it is, it's already big enough.

Most errors we are helping to fix today are user generated, and this makes finding a solution harder... 

and since everyone can do any kind of error we should add an incredible number of "solutions" on the first post.

And btw since this is a forum the users can always use the beloved search button,

or better simply take time to read 113 pages that's surely gonna teach something more about OS X running on the SurfacePro. 

• Like 2

I have a  surface pro 2 , I tried to set it up with Mav. 10.9.2 yesterday and all it was reboot back to windows. Then I deleted all partitions and did a fresh install  with Mac Only and I got the same results.  I read thru many earlier posts all week prior to attempting to install did not find anything. 

"I am not sure if I am doing the last commands before it restarts on terminal , do i press enter after each command?, this is using the latest pack v.04

5. Copy the extension
• cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/"NEW OSX PARTITION"/System/Library/Extensions/
• cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext /Volumes/"NEW OSX PARTITION"/System/Library/Extensions/
• cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/ACPIBatteryManager.kext /Volumes/"NEW OSX PARTITION"/System/Library/Extensions/
• cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext /Volumes/"NEW OSX PARTITION"/System/Library/Extensions/
• cp –R /mach_kernel /Volumes/"NEW OSX PARTITION"/
6. Quit terminal and Shut Down the installer"

Any Help Regarding this would be appreciated.

IN the mean time Ill try again with mac 10.9 and not 10.9.2