[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

i am on 10.9.2 and tested both, the crackle goes on. There is a member who managed to get the audio working fine on his SP2 just using the SP1 AppleHDA and HDAEnabler3 but he is on 10.9.4.

Could this be related to the upgrade to 10.9.4?

Please test, install AppleHDA + EAPDfix + HDAEnabler. 

and let me know if it worked well for you.
Note: There are 2 versions one for 10.9.4 and one for yosemite-DP6.

please Vudo, post there if you are having issues, but belive me when i say that you are doing something wrong.

Jahstories is right, I spent ages on this problem, you have missed doing something, probably serial / main board number etc in the config file. Google 'imessage hackintosh fix' and there is a lengthy guide with troubleshooting, there are too many possibilities to go back and forth.

i am on 10.9.2 and tested both, the crackle goes on. There is a member who managed to get the audio working fine on his SP2 just using the SP1 AppleHDA and HDAEnabler3 but he is on 10.9.4.

Could this be related to the upgrade to 10.9.4?

yes, one AppleHDA of 10.9.4 should never be used in 10.9.2 
if it were otherwise there would be no problems.
  • Like 1

I just installed Maverick on a Surface pro 1 gen with 4gb ram and 128gb ssd. The OS boot up fine but I noticed that I can only see usb devices if they are plugged in to a USB hub. If I take my usb wifi card or usb pen drive and plug it right in to the surface pro, it will not see it. But if I have the hub connected to the surface pro I can plug anything in and the OS see it perfectly. 

Is this normal?

Fixed!

I just installed Maverick on a Surface pro 1 gen with 4gb ram and 128gb ssd. The OS boot up fine but I noticed that I can only see usb devices if they are plugged in to a USB hub. If I take my usb wifi card or usb pen drive and plug it right in to the surface pro, it will not see it. But if I have the hub connected to the surface pro I can plug anything in and the OS see it perfectly. 

Is this normal?

No, usb should work without any of the described issues, it could be caused by a driver, maybe the usbwifi...

btw are you sure you are using the right usbxhci for maverick?

try the one in the v.0.5.1 pack.

Fixed!

No, usb should work without any of the described issues, it could be caused by a driver, maybe the usbwifi...

btw are you sure you are using the right usbxhci for maverick?

try the one in the v.0.5.1 pack.

Thanks. The v.0.5.1 pack seemed to work. I was able in install maverick and reboot after the install back in to the usb pen drive and then boot in to maverick and everything seems to be running fine. I can take out the pen drive and install the usb wifi and go back to the pen drive without using the hub. 

The only issue now I have is installing clover to the ssd drive. I keep getting a error and it is not able to install like it can on the usb pen drive. In terminal I can see the disk0s1 EFI partition and the Maverick OS partition on disk0s2. I even tried using the EFI Mounter-v2 and can then mount the disk0s1 EFI but nothing shows folder. 

I am going to experiment a little today and see what I can do. I am thinking about making a new usb pen drive with just the EFI installed with clover and then plugging it in to the surface and copying the files over to the surface EFI partition and seeing if that helps. (I might also need to use terminal to make sure that the surface EFI disk0s1 partition is active and set as the boot. (maybe that is also the issue?)

So close. I am almost taste it.

@shadx 

we don't need voodoops2 since the SurfacePro doesn't have ps2 at all. :)

@MrBB75

if i remember correctly to fix that issue you have to manually format the efi partition to FAT32...