[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

if it does run you should have qe/ci enabled, it's strange, i never experienced any graphic glitches...

btw since users are often using the wrong dsdt & ssdt i made this little update to the main guide:

zip.gif  SP1 0.4 (Re-FIXED).zip   29.61MB   648 downloads (one full files pack)

[use dsdt & ssdt from the dsdt ssdt folder in the root replacing those in to efipartition]

If I go about trying to acquire the 10.9.2 installer from a source other than the app store to try and get the install back to how it was, would the 0.4 file pack be compatible with the 10.9.2 installer or would I have to use the 0.2 and 0.3 file packs?

the pack its tested and work on maverick from 10.9.0 up to 10.9.4

now i'm on Yosemite Pb1, but i had even 10.9.4, it was working great and many users in the thread reported that its working.

i've found yosemite pb1 really stable and you can install it on top of your actual install using just the app (just move all the kexts to efi and inject them with clover)

the pack its tested and work on maverick from 10.9.0 up to 10.9.4

now i'm on Yosemite Pb1, but i had even 10.9.4, it was working great and many users in the thread reported that its working.

i've found yosemite pb1 really stable and you can install it on top of your actual install using just the app (just move all the kexts to efi and inject them with clover)

Thanks for helping me, I will download the 10.9.2 installer now and post back with the results later to let you know how the install goes.

• Like 1

Sorry for mixing into this conversation:

@jahstories, I've tried twice at the time to get qe-ci working in 10.9.4 with both sets of ssdt and dsdt. But never got that working properly. I'm having my surface 1 running on 10.9.2 now WITH qe/ci.

@miles400, a good start is the piratebay if you can access it. I might not be allowed to say this but I got my 10.9.2 installer from a torrent from there... Though I'm not at home so I can't give you a link ....

Sorry for mixing into this conversation:

@jahstories, I've tried twice at the time to get qe-ci working in 10.9.4 with both sets of ssdt and dsdt. But never got that working properly. I'm having my surface 1 running on 10.9.2 now WITH qe/ci.

@miles400, a good start is the piratebay if you can access it. I might not be allowed to say this but I got my 10.9.2 installer from a torrent from there... Though I'm not at home so I can't give you a link ....

yes that’s the way i did... and then gradually upgraded via appstore to 10.9.4 with QE/CI being still fine.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Many thanks to the people coding this stuff, and the users testing it! To think, I don't have to pay a couple of grand for a ModBook...

I have gotten my OS X system to install, and brought it up, with these problems:

* No way to recognise external USB devices (internal USB devices are detected just fine)

* No wifi

I am using v0.4 (ie, latest version) of the software to load OS X.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks again!

Hi all,

Many thanks to the people coding this stuff, and the users testing it! To think, I don't have to pay a couple of grand for a ModBook...

I have gotten my OS X system to install, and brought it up, with these problems:

* No way to recognise external USB devices (internal USB devices are detected just fine)

* No wifi

I am using v0.4 (ie, latest version) of the software to load OS X.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks again!

Hi

Wifi doesn't work without a dongle.

The USB, obvious thing to check is have you put the kext in the s/l/e folder and repaired permissions?

Update:

Have gotten the Surface to boot off the SSD, using a manual setup in the Clover boot. USB works. However, my crappy USB wifi doesn't. Joy. Recommendations of USB wifi cards will be taken.

Some thoughts:

* How do I get the Clover boot to permanently store my graphics injection parameters and "dart=0"?

* Recommendations on the USB wifi would be great, thanks!

* Will have to purchase a licence for the touch driver. When it works, it works really well, if needing calibration (slightly off, I got used to it)

* My Asus Xtion Pro works with Skanect - ready for my demo... later today, cripes, is that the time?
* Got all of my little software tools on the Surface, haven't installed Arduino or Processing yet though

* Looks like my DisplayPort doesn't work - shame, I was looking forward to mirroring what I was doing with the touch interface, and Sculptris (it could be my adapter too, the adapter works fine on my MacBook)

Many thanks again to everyone who has made this software, tested it, and helped get me running. Much thanks to my best friend, Kingoddball, for supplying the Surface, and the USB stick set up ready to go! Really saved my bacon!

I have (had) the same here. But my UUID is stable. To get rid of the UUID-changing, just put your costum UUID in "System Parameters" of the config.plist ONLY (using Clover Configurator or manually - if you know how to.) As i recall i used the UUID for OSX shown in the clover bootscreen (hit space bar), dont get confused, the UUID shown later in the system profiler is different, but should be stable.

Audio is sometimes distorted. I am dualbooting Win8.1 and OSX. So far i think the sound problem is related (in my case) to different "activations" of the hardware. Same thing with bluetooth. If i register my BT-Mouse in Win8.1, the mouse will be recognized with no problem on every boot. If i register the BT-mouse in OSX the mouse will not be recognized in Win8.1 - have to register it again. An vice versa.

Courious: On my first daily boot in OSX, sound is fine 99% of boots. If i boot a little around, chances are 50/50 for nonglitchy sound.

As Jahstories told a couple of posts ago ;) not experiencing any of those soundglitches (well ... rare!) BUT as i recall, he was single-booting OSX.

Dont know a solution, you are the first (beside me) that experienced audioglitches, and report here. Seems rare. Tried some different voodoo.kexts. No success. I live with it. Sometimes it helps, if you boot up and shut your system down BEFORE the clover bootscreen appears, wait 10 sec., reboot, boot OSX. But only sometimes... ;)

You got two easy options to install kexts. Kext Drop or Kext Utility (maybe there are more options...). What happens if you try to use these tools. Schinkengott = german native speaker??? :) Oh, and btw maybe it helps if you boot in SAFEMODE and inject kext with kext drop, repair permissions...

To be clear, should I tick the box next to "Inject System ID" or not when I have entered my UUID manually (found in the clover boot during boot)" 

My installation is a single OSX installation so the random sound thing has nothing to do with any Windows installation. On my installation it is more like 50-75% of the time that my sound is not working. Video is not that smooth either but I guess that is something to be expected when having 4* 1920*1080 running :P. Also quite some video glitches but I guess that is due to me using displaylink drivers for two monitors.

(surface osx)

I can't find the option to boot without cache. Now I'm stuck at a turning wheel.

Since the guide is unclear about this, can anyone help?

Highlight whatever option you want to boot to, press space, will give you further boot options.

Got it. Just safe mode but it's a start.

(surfaceosx) Grmbl.

Safe: Unsupported ITE but boots. But no USB. So no Clover install etc.

No cache:

Found unsupported ship ITE. Missing Bluetooth controller transport.

No cache/kexts:

Same as above.

No kexts:

Cpu panic, driver ACPI missing.

Verbose:

Same as above.

Any ideas?

Got it. Just safe mode but it's a start.

(surfaceosx) Grmbl.

Safe: Unsupported ITE but boots. But no USB. So no Clover install etc.

No cache:

Found unsupported ship ITE. Missing Bluetooth controller transport.

No cache/kexts:

Same as above.

No kexts:

Cpu panic, driver ACPI missing.

Verbose:

Same as above.

Any ideas?

Have you tried injecting eid, video bios and adding address in the guide? It's under clover options, graphics on the boot screen.

Might work?