[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

So, I gave up on getting AppStore/iCloud/iMessaging working. But I would like to have wifi.

Tried the Edimax util, but it doesn't load. Same as Sitecom. So somewhere there is something blocking something. ;)

System info tells me I have no ethernet devices and I can't find a network plist or something like that. 

This is sooooo annoying.

Only thing I'm getting from the console when starting Edimax app is: 19-08-14 23:14:38,151 Dock[137]: no information back from LS about running process LSASN:{hi=0x0;lo=0x2f02f}

Thomas, the AppStore/iCloud problem can be easily fixed by resetting your network settings.

I had the same problem. But after resetting the Network Interface, it is working well now.

1) remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist, and System Preferences->Network, remove all adaptors,

2) reboot and let the system add all adaptors back.

If im correct, this should work. Ive done it myself on SP1 using 10.9.2. My iCloud and store work fine. Ive not tester my iMessage though.

Thanks Svenator, that worked. Kinda. iCloud is whining that my account isn't an iCloud account. iCloud.com lets me login with ease.

System shows rehabmans fake ethernet adapter now.

But I have no idea why my wifi doesn't work. AirPort Fix doesn't do anything. Same as Lan fix. Any ideas? Any?

Thanks Svenator, that worked. Kinda. iCloud is whining that my account isn't an iCloud account. iCloud.com lets me login with ease.

System shows rehabmans fake ethernet adapter now.

But I have no idea why my wifi doesn't work. AirPort Fix doesn't do anything. Same as Lan fix. Any ideas? Any?

which wifi-dongle do you use...the edimax-dongle?

Just followed Ethan's suggestion, trying out the utility.

I use the Sitecom OS X drivers included with the Wifi adapter. But the included utility doesn't even load. Shows up in my menubar but that's it.

Oh, tried the touchbase drivers but it registers hovering over the screen as click+hold.

is it osx suported??? I mean, if you use the edimax-software-tool you should use the edimax dongle. Jahstories uses Marvel Avastar 88w8798 ... i am using the Edimax EW-7811Un

:P the Marvel Avastar 88w8798 is the integrated wifi card !! :P

I'm using a nano usb wifi adapter branded Edup don't remember the chipset, but is one of those common with many others mac compatible adapters.

• Like 1

:P the Marvel Avastar 88w8798 is the integrated wifi card !! :P

I'm using a nano usb wifi adapter branded Edup don't remember the chipset, but is one of those common with many others mac compatible adapters.

So You need to correct your SIG !!! --- i give up. ;)

@thomas0

have you ever really read the thread?

because who did that should know which Wifi device to buy, that pen & touch are working with touch base drivers and even audio without any issue.

i really can't even imagine what you guys are doing (or not) to end up with all those issues...

:/

• Like 1

@thomas0

because who did that should know which Wifi device to buy, that pen & touch are working with touch base drivers and even audio without any issue.

i really can't even imagine what you guys are doing (or not) to end up with all those issues...

you probably build some jokes inbewtween the first 30 pages...and you can ask for the specific joke, then you know if the USER have read all that stuff we wrote ages ago.

... or some nude girls.

Comeon guys... if the last few people with weird problems would go deep inside, they have to admit that their problems were

a) caused by the user,

b ) caused by not reading the thread and

c) caused by not using the searchfunction (topic-search).

Do all this stuff... and we got a happy noncluttered thread.

@thomas0

If the guide was really a guide, I shouldn't have to read all the posts. I had to do this 3 times to get it right. Nowhere in the guide is spoken of two sets of dsdt and dddt files, not included was the kext for faking an ethernet connection for the Appstore(the link elsewhere redirects to the source, not to a kext), nowhere is written how to get iMessage working, nowhere is written what to do if X isn't working, nowhere is written you need a specific wifi adapter. It's Vanilla mac so in my logic any usb wifi with Apple drivers should work. Well, not. Also, Clover link isn't working. Google was my friend. Clover configuration? Not spoken of. I had to ask. Link to Touchbase? Nope, and if, you get trial stuff that is expired already.

It's really (really!) nice you wrote this guide but don't complain if questions come up that aren't answered in the OP.

For example, I did everything as written in the guide and I still don't have iMessage to annoy my father. I downloaded drivers from Touchbase (fill in mail, get a unique driver) but still, only pen, no fingers. Anyway, that sort of questions are coming up. I read elsewhere in the thread someone made a few edits, but they weren't added to the OP.

Personally I hate asking for help. But if I don't know it anymore I'd like to have the option to ask and not directly getting judged for it.

what should i write?

There are thousands of people who got OS X on their surface pro using this guide, i'm personally using the latest filepak without any extra modification apart using a different serial for App Store access.

I can even understand that there are thousands of different problems happening to you guys, but everything has been already discussed, and as even caleidosCope said most times are caused by different "configurations" or user mistakes.

And we are almost helping just users with those problems, and since that, a facepalm sometimes comes naturally.

don't take it personal, i hope you find out a way to get a perfectly working installation.

• Like 2

If the guide was really a guide, I shouldn't have to read all the posts. I had to do this 3 times to get it right. Nowhere in the guide is spoken of two sets of dsdt and dddt files, not included was the kext for faking an ethernet connection for the Appstore(the link elsewhere redirects to the source, not to a kext), nowhere is written how to get iMessage working, nowhere is written what to do if X isn't working, nowhere is written you need a specific wifi adapter. It's Vanilla mac so in my logic any usb wifi with Apple drivers should work. Well, not. Also, Clover link isn't working. Google was my friend. Clover configuration? Not spoken of. I had to ask. Link to Touchbase? Nope, and if, you get trial stuff that is expired already.

It's really (really!) nice you wrote this guide but don't complain if questions come up that aren't answered in the OP.

For example, I did everything as written in the guide and I still don't have iMessage to annoy my father. I downloaded drivers from Touchbase (fill in mail, get a unique driver) but still, only pen, no fingers. Anyway, that sort of questions are coming up. I read elsewhere in the thread someone made a few edits, but they weren't added to the OP.

Personally I hate asking for help. But if I don't know it anymore I'd like to have the option to ask and not directly getting judged for it.

Very constructive commentary, thank you.

I dont want to be the attacking type Thomas0, but this is not really the way of asking help by building a hackintosh out of your surface.

- First of all, you should be glad that there is a guide, and that people are willing to help you if you run into any problems. Ive been building a few completely from bottom up... youre gonna regret it if you have to start it by yourself.

- Second, many others have succeded their Surface mavericks installation before you. so the guide should be fine. 

- Third, double check if the USB Wifi dongle youre using is compatible with the OS X version you are using. 

If you think it should, check the drivers and the WIFI dongle on a real mac to be sure. I've had problems before with the software of my USB-AC51 because the software was only compatible with 10.6.8 - 10.9.0

Happy hacking

• Like 3

(surfaceosx)

Hello! I am grateful (seriously) for all of this incredible information.

I'm having a minor problem with my Surface Pro (1st gen) 64GB not booting after a successful Mavericks install using your wonderful guide. Please see the video: http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2rxb66h%3E&s=8#.U_UnIVNdUZc.

I've tried my best to follow the guide exactly and troubleshoot this myself, but at this point, I would greatly appreciate some help.

When I try to boot, the system just reboots. I've tried safe mode, verbose, booting without kexts and cache. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated!

i made a strange comparison video :D

take a look.

Sp1 vs MBP retina :P

:P

I've done a small test with my iPad Air, both let them do a cold boot starting at the same time :P my surface outran my ipad air XD (but it was jailbroken so it can be that it was a bit slower then a non jailbroken ipad)

• Like 1