[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

Yeah that's normal.

You need to rename the bootmgr64 file to bootmgr64old and copy the file from clover into it.

That is a rubbish description but I will try to find the proper post to explain.

Edit: look at post #1832 can't link through phone.

• Like 1

Hello, I have a problem with the sound. Almost every time I boot from shutdown state, the sound is glitchy. After I restart a couple of times it's automagically fixed. 
I've also noticed that when there isn't a sound problem the system has booted up almost instantly, whereas when the sound is glitchy the boot time was about half a minute. Can someone point me to the right direction so I fix this mostly annoying problem? 

Using VoodooHDA can cause such problems, i'm working with Mirone to patch the AppleHDA, it should just be a matter of time, then even autoswitch when plugging and unplugging headphone should work too.

The FilesPack will be probably updated to 0.5 soon.

i'll keep you guys updated as always

• Like 1

How does this handle scaling? After all, Surface's screen is too small to just run it at standard 1080p. Is is possible to use MacBook Retina-style scaling?

Hello!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292645-guide-surfacepro-1-2-osx-android-windows-multiboot/?do=findComment&comment=1955062

This was already covered. Try a search (up right - this topic) for "switchresx".

UPDATE:

SurfacePro 1°Gen Files Package V.0.5

This time, thanks to Mirone who patched the kext, we can enjoy higher quality audio, plug auto detection and even more system stability.

includes only one set of DSDT and SSDT.

Clover installer have been updated to the latest ver.

This Pack is compatible with:

Maverick from 10.9.0 up to 10.9.4 

Yosemite Both DP and PB every ver. (new usbxhci included)

P.s.

the last step for us is to get the internal wifi to work, but it's still to yet for it.

P.p.s.

Testers wanted for the applehda kext on SP2, if it works, i'll update the files pack for sp2 asap.

to update from 0.4 to 0.5:

delete applehdadisabler.kext and voodoohda.kext from system/library/extensions

install applehda.kext with kextdrop from drivers folder.

Happy hackintosh tablet :lol:

• Like 1

the dsdt provided with the pack is already patched :)

thanks for your work, that's will sounds good to everyone here.

:yes:

it's 5 in the morning in Italy, I'm going to sleep :P

• Like 2

UPDATE:

SurfacePro 1°Gen Files Package V.0.5

This time, thanks to Mirone who patched the kext, we can enjoy higher quality audio, plug auto detection and even more system stability.

includes only one set of DSDT and SSDT.

Clover installer have been updated to the latest ver.

This Pack is compatible with:

Maverick from 10.9.0 up to 10.9.4 

Yosemite Both DP and PB every ver.

P.s.

the last step for us is to get the internal wifi to work, but it's still to yet for it.

P.p.s.

Testers wanted for the applehda kext on SP2, if it works, i'll update the files pack for sp2 asap.

to update from 0.4 to 0.5:

delete applehdadisabler.kext and voodoohda.kext from system/library/extensions

install applehda.kext with kextdrop from drivers folder.

Happy hackintosh tablet :lol:

Good Work. BUT: My first boot was fine... now got the same results as before... 3 out of 5 boots the sound is messed up... WHY???!!!

Tho the headphone "autoswitch" works fine!!! Thank you JahStories and Mirone!!

After replacing VoodooHDA with v0.5 Patched AppleHDA I have no sound at all. The volume control on the task bar is greyed out, and in System Preferences > Sound it reports "No device". 
I restored the sound files from previous pack (0.4 fixed) and it works just like before, 50-50 chance of sound working on boot.

On another note, can anyone provide me with kexts for graphics from an install other than 10.9.4? I'm not sure whether this happened before or after updating to 10.9.4 (I was on 10.9.3 before and graphics were working perfectly with QE/CI), but now my graphics are glitchy.

Is there any other solution to this that doesn't involve reformatting the drive and installing 10.9.2?

After replacing VoodooHDA with v0.5 Patched AppleHDA I have no sound at all. The volume control on the task bar is greyed out, and in System Preferences > Sound it reports "No device". 

I restored the sound files from previous pack (0.4 fixed) and it works just like before, 50-50 chance of sound working on boot.

On another note, can anyone provide me with kexts for graphics from an install other than 10.9.4? I'm not sure whether this happened before or after updating to 10.9.4 (I was on 10.9.3 before and graphics were working perfectly with QE/CI), but now my graphics are glitchy.

Is there any other solution to this that doesn't involve reformatting the drive and installing 10.9.2?

If you install your old drivers you should be set - dont forget to erase applehda.

My suggestion is to use diskutility and repair  permissions (then it worked for me)

How did you update? combo-update or via appstore?

... and you did a backup before installing 10.9.4 ??? You should have done.

@modacular

you surely did something wrong, format the drive, do a clean install as suggested.

if you don't want to do that just try to find a way to fix it by yourself or wait for help since you have already asked for it.

the new audio kext its tested and working perfectly.

@caleidosCope

it's working every boot for me.

but  since we are messing with our surfaces for a long time now, maybe it could be time for a clean installation :P

i personally did it a month ago.

@modacular

you surely did something wrong, format the drive, do a clean install as suggested.

if you don't want to do that just try to find a way to fix it by yourself or wait for help since you have already asked for it.

@caleidosCope

it's working every boot for me.

but  since we are messing with our surfaces for a long time now, maybe it could be time for a clean installation :P

i personally did it a month ago.

Guess what... super good idea!!! And with all of my backups it’s a nobrainer... ;) - R U still on OSX solo?!

If you install your old drivers you should be set - dont forget to erase applehda.

My suggestion is to use diskutility and repair  permissions (then it worked for me)

How did you update? combo-update or via appstore?

... and you did a backup before installing 10.9.4 ??? You should have done.

Yes, I have a backup so the reinstall is the only solution. As for the update, it was a combo-update. Somehow I thought it was the correct solution.

@modacular

Most probably I did something wrong, I didn't mean to accuse anyone of anything. Plus I'm super grateful for your hard work. I hope I'll be able to use your latest drivers very soon.

Use SP1-0.5 and install HD4000 kext by Vietnam Tool, but no QE/CI.. any idea?!

---

Intel HD Graphics 4000,,,,,,,:

Chipsatz-Modell: Intel HD Graphics 4000,,,,,,,

Typ: GPU

Bus: Integriert

VRAM (dynamisch, max.): 512 MB

Hersteller: Intel (0x8086)

Geräte-ID: 0x0166

Versions-ID: 0x0009

Monitore:

Farb-LCD:

Monitortyp: Retina LCD

Auflösung: 2560 x 1600

Retina: Ja

Pixeltiefe: 32-Bit Farbe (ARGB8888)

Hauptmonitor: Ja

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Integriert: Ja

i follow the guide, use 0.5 files without usbxhci kext get panic, use the one out of 0.4.

dsdt+ssdt and config also by 0.5 pack, but no QE. then i reinstall the hd4000 kext via vietnam tool but now changes..