[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

After update to 0.5.1 no more QE from HD4000! any ideas?

My gfx is now very slow..

I changed the kext files and dsdt/ssdt.

Now i copy the old one over, but still very slow gfx.

Update: what ever i do, nothing changed..

Hi,

Since updating from v0.4 to v0.5.0 iMessage and FaceTime no longer work. Also since updating from v0.5.0 to v0.5.1 by injecting the AppleHDA.kext and EAPDfix.kext I now no longer have any sound, as the volume menu bar icon is greyed out and there are no options in sound output in system preferences. Does anyone know how to fix either of these issues? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Hi,

Since updating from v0.4 to v0.5.0 iMessage and FaceTime no longer work. Also since updating from v0.5.0 to v0.5.1 by injecting the AppleHDA.kext and EAPDfix.kext I now no longer have any sound, as the volume menu bar icon is greyed out and there are no options in sound output in system preferences. Does anyone know how to fix either of these issues? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Sound, sorry, no ideas.

iMessage, did you replace your config.plist? If so the likely cause is the serial number / board number no longer being there or being inconsistent. If you have a copy of your old one, take the details from it and add to new one.

Hi everyone.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the installation of osx on the surface pro. I followed the guide step by step with the only difference being, there are more items in the surface pro 2 pack than what it says in the guide. I copied those extra files too. My problem is that when I boot my USB on the surface, it goes straight to loading and it hangs with just the apple logo on the screen. I'm obviously doing something wrong because it doesn't even give me the option to boot without cache and kekts. Where did I go wrong based on that information?

Hi everyone.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the installation of osx on the surface pro. I followed the guide step by step with the only difference being, there are more items in the surface pro 2 pack than what it says in the guide. I copied those extra files too. My problem is that when I boot my USB on the surface, it goes straight to loading and it hangs with just the apple logo on the screen. I'm obviously doing something wrong because it doesn't even give me the option to boot without cache and kekts. Where did I go wrong based on that information?

On the clover screen select the usb stick and press space not return, will open up the boot options for the drive including caches.

HTH.

On the clover screen select the usb stick and press space not return, will open up the boot options for the drive including caches.

HTH.

I was afraid I had to start all over again but that worked. Thank you, installing now. Hope your day is awesome! :D

Edit: This might sound like a stupid question but when they say copy and paste to terminal blahblah\"NEW OSX PARTITION", do I replace that with the name I wrote for my partition or do I leave it as "NEW OSX PARTITION" and it will automatically assume it's the default partition regardless of the name?

@outdo

Everything is awesome right :P

And yes you do place the name of your osx partition name there

@mirone/jahstories.

Did you guys notice that the sound device isnt showing up, when the tablet is booting with the appleHDA.kext and a headphone plugged in before booting?

Or is that something only occured to me?

Just wondering

Yes, I figured it out when the terminal said no directory found but I ran into another problem. After writing all the things for the terminal (I missed it so I went into USB again and did it in that terminal) but when I go to boot from my partition, it loads halfway, then boots normally into windows. Any help? I'm looking around the forums as I'm trying to figure it out so I'll edit this if I found the answer.

Edit: [surfacePro2 256gb OSX 10.9.2]

Yes, I figured it out when the terminal said no directory found but I ran into another problem. After writing all the things for the terminal (I missed it so I went into USB again and did it in that terminal) but when I go to boot from my partition, it loads halfway, then boots normally into windows. Any help? I'm looking around the forums as I'm trying to figure it out so I'll edit this if I found the answer.

Ok are you still booting with the usb stick in to get into clover then selecting the new drive, pressing space etc?

Ok are you still booting with the usb stick in to get into clover then selecting the new drive, pressing space etc?

Yes sir, using USB to get into clover, selecting the new partition and pressing space to load without cache and kexts. It goes through the process where there is a terminal looking GUI with lots of words and processes then halfway through, it boots into windows.

Edit: I know this wasn't in the guide but I started osx from the partition in safe mode and it worked. Is that a bad thing if I started it in safe mode instead of without cache and kexts?

Hmmm. Never seen it boot to windows before. There is a bit in the guide about injecting graphics and using safe mode, may want to try that?

Edit: sorry I took so long to post you already did. No no issue with safe mode to finish the install. Once all on and clover in just try normal way again.

Hello everyone, a quick question! when you say 10.9.2 update steps SP2 !!! it is with OSXUpdcombo 10.9.2 ?? is that there is someone able to activate parameter trackpad to choose without pressing the button ?

Update directly from the AppStore, NOT with Update Combo, because you will lose graphics acceleration.

• Like 1

Does anyone have an experience with Touchbase drivers and external displays? 
My current setup involves an external display which I have as the primary one. The TB drivers work only on the primary display (meaning that when I use the touch display the mouse movements occur on the external one), although I just want to use them for sketching purposes on the touch screen. Does anyone have a solution that doesn't involve me setting the touch display as the primary?

SP2 (u4300) Followed the guide, and upon first boot takes about 8-10 min, From the first account setup to the dock finally showing up is about 30 minutes Its slow, Celeron 1998 Slow.

No idea what could be going wrong but this is painful, Reinstalled twice same issue.

SP2 (u4300) Followed the guide, and upon first boot takes about 8-10 min, From the first account setup to the dock finally showing up is about 30 minutes Its slow, Celeron 1998 Slow.
No idea what could be going wrong but this is painful, Reinstalled twice same issue.

Which guide did you follow, macspike or pokenguide? I just installed it using macspike's guide this morning and it boots really quickly. Only problem is the menu on the desktop is faded for some reason as if there is a glitch but it works fine.

Another question, how do I get my surface to boot directly into clover from ssd so I can choose which os I want to use? I found a guide that says I need to install clover on my osx partition but the steps after that aren't very clear.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm blind. It seems pokenguy has some very clear instructions. Going to try that now.

Side note: My osx is working so far, haven't tried anything wireless yet such as icloud and imessage since I don't have the usb wifi yet but it's still very cool. I like the fact that it reads everything on my windows drive so I can just download something from my windows and open it on osx. :D

LATEST EDIT: Can someone help me with the fact that osx isn't reading my partition correctly? My osx partition shows a question and doesn't show up on the kext wizard when I go to update permissions. I managed to have my surface correctly boot into clover from ssd automatically but I'm trying to install voodoo but there are some items that aren't showing when I try to update through kext. At first, the voodoo.prefpane wasn't showing up but now when I start the kext wizard, it doesn't even recognize my osx partition. Any help?

[surfacePro2 256gb OSX 10.9.4]

Hi,

Thank you.

I also met this problem, when update to 0.5.1, no sound anymore.

are you guys removing correctly voodoohda & applehdadisabler?

Hi, yes both Voodoohda.kext and applehdadisabler.kext were removed fully when updating to v0.5.1 and the sound no longer worked. I even attempted a full reinstall using the latest v0.5.1 file pack and even then the sound was not working after a successful install. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.