[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

look for an updated driver for maverick, that is caused by a buggy driver.

http://www.edimax.us/download/drivers/MAC/EW7811Un_MacOS10.9_Driver_83.27.07_UI_2.0.2.zip 

this is the last version that I installed, I'm the only one having this problem? for me it works out (iMessage / FaceTime / app store / icloude) except eject usb wifi / Sleepe surface pro 2 10.9, thank you 10,000 times for all the works

Though I'd share this one with you guys. After updating to 0.51 my bluetooth stopped working. It showed up in system profile, in the system tray it also showed, but in bluetooth preferences it said something like "do not initialize name not available".

Fixed it by removing my bluetooth preferences (removing /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist). This removes your paired devices and appearantly fixes above issue.

Funny thing is, during the process of fixing my bluetooth I have rebooted 10(ish) times, all those times my audio worked correctly. But after I have gotten my bluetooth fixed, my audio is again glitchy half of the time. Guess it's a coincidence. Still have no idea how to fix that issue but have learned to live with it. Have done probably everything in my power to fix it. (and for the record, have been using an osx86 machine for the last 6 years, so I am not a noob like someone earlier kinda insinuated)

@jahstories, is our DSDT for SP1 Patched for the battery in the powercover? or does it need to be edited in some way. i have the PC hanging on the SP1, it can use its power (surface OS X M 10.9.2 thinks its on an external powersource) but i cant see the % data or the filled cels in the system management under the "Power" Tab. 

You might, at this point, wish to stop recommending the Touch Base drivers for this build, as their customer service sucks the big one.

The "evaluation" V4 drivers you download work perfectly fine. Until they internally sabotage themselves to not work. The "improved" V5 drivers are a piece of junk, do not work and not worth the AU$150 I paid for them.

This also means I've paid AU$1,000 for something that doesn't work the way I expected it to. Good going Touch Base...

how could we use a touch device without multitouch drivers?

This is not touchbase support, no one in touch-base will read this post, contact them if you have troubles,

and keep in mind two things:

that a lot of people are enjoing their Surface Pro thanks to this guide and the multitouch drivers.

and that no one ever forced you to buy the SurfacePro or the TB drivers. If you don't like it, sell it and ask for a driver refund.

BTW if you have more to say open a thread under Tablet/Microsoft about the issues you are having with the drivers, maybe you'll find some help.

but please don't keep posting in this thread.

• Like 2

(surfaceosx)

I need some help guys!

I updated from 10.9 to 10.9.4 from App Store and I lost graphics acceleration, I have full resolution and brightness control etc but I suffer a lot of glitches (Launchpad). Reinstalled clover, kexts from 0.5.1 with no result. From kextstat I cant see AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext loaded.

From system report:

Intel HD Graphics 4000,,,,,,,:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000,,,,,,,

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 512 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0166

Revision ID: 0x0009

Displays:

Color LCD:

Display Type: Retina LCD

Resolution: 2560 x 1600

Retina: Yes

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

Clover config.plist : 

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x01660004</string>

Why is that different? Sorry for the possible dumb questions but I'm new to hackintosh. Thanks :(

Yes I copied the provided dsdt & ssdt to the efi partition. All worked perfectly before the update!   :(

Let me guess... you did the combo-update and did not use the update via App Store?

You got a backup? Start from your last working backup. Upgrading step by step to 10.9.4 using the App Store.

happyHacking

• Like 1

I updated via App Store, notification from updates, downloaded about a 1Gb. Unfortunately I don't have a backup. I've done 3 clean installs to make things working the way it should! :( Can I somehow load the hd4000 kext again without formating?

Oh... then it is really unpleasant. That’s the way i did it (update over the AppStore, 10.9.3 later 10.9.4), and it works for me. And everything is fine with grafx. So, you better backup before doing "major leaps" with a hackintosh. Look for Clonezilla. You need an External-HD, a USB-Hub, a external keyboard, and a USB-Thumb for Clonezilla. You will love it and you will get used to "backup" your "hard work".

Sorry.

Oh... then it is really unpleasant. That’s the way i did it (update over the AppStore, 10.9.3 later 10.9.4), and it works for me. And everything is fine with grafx. So, you better backup before doing "major leaps" with a hackintosh. Look for Clonezilla. You need an External-HD, a USB-Hub, a external keyboard, and a USB-Thumb for Clonezilla. You will love it and you will get used to "backup" your "hard work".

Sorry.

Thanks for the tips, I used Time Machine for this time!

I have news! I did a clean install of 10.9 then updated to 10.9.4 all went fine! No graphic glitches. Only problem the external monitor doesn't work. Then I installed AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext from the zip and boom! All graphics a mess again! But the MiniDP works!! Thankfully the Kext Utility keeps a backup of the kext so I rolled back. 

Now I have a fully working 10.9.4 installation without an external monitor. I am afraid to touch anything for now.. Any help would be appreciated!  :)

http://www.edimax.us/download/drivers/MAC/EW7811Un_MacOS10.9_Driver_83.27.07_UI_2.0.2.zip 

this is the last version that I installed, I'm the only one having this problem? for me it works out (iMessage / FaceTime / app store / icloude) except eject usb wifi / Sleepe surface pro 2 10.9, thank you 10,000 times for all the works

I have the same big problem!

Same configuration e same driver!

Crash when i remove WiFi dongle USB EW7811Un.

Can you update the correct driver?

Thanks!

Hey guys n gals,

Long time listener, first time caller. I have a pretty sweet setup going on, working perfectly on 10.9.0 with the touch-base drivers. One thing that bothers me is the fact that the volume buttons no longer work. I know this has been an accepted 'limitation', but I may have stumbled upon something that will help...

If you use the surface pro pen in proximity mode and hover it over the screen (without actually tapping it), and push the volume down button on the side of the surface pro, the right click context menu comes up. To me this means that the driver for the touch base pen is also taking control of the volume buttons, thinking it is part of the pen.

I have read a great deal of the forum, and haven't come across this yet. Is this known, or something we can all talk to Dave about?

TL; DR: volume down button acts as pen "right click" button when pen is in proximity.

Cheers,

Thoimis

• Like 2