[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

keyboard brightness works like before by pressing fn + F1 or fn + F2.

i swiched fn and F buttons a while ago

u can do this by a shortcut but i cannot remember which one.

edit : here u got

Lock Function Keys - The top row of keys on Touch and Type Cover (1 or 2) are shortcut keys by default. Pressing Fn + Caps will swap the functionality to the F1-F12 keys

Cool thanks for the shortcut. It's still not working for me for some reason. I'll try reinstalling the patched drivers.

Its from a surface pro 1 and its totally unuseful if you correctly installed clover and osx with the latest v0.4 pack!

How crazy is that: installed the kexts and the dsdt and ssdt of the v0.4 pack (without the config.plist) - now clover swallowed my Win8 boot-option... :no: WTF. (its lost...)

tüdelüdelü... sorry, my fault. "cleaned" my efi and messed up the Win-bootloader.

Went in a little deeper: the DSDT and SSDT from v0.4 are no good for my system... it "hangs" on the grey-apple screen, but is loaded in background (i can hear it...); same booting without c./with i.k. - was there some change on the dsdt or ssdt since 1.0.2.5?

About brightness control:

Brightness works since v0.3 using the System Display pref panel

but shortcuts differs from the first (on the right) and the second (on the left) type or touch covers.

ws2nw8.jpg

To use function keys instead of F keys you have to press FN+CAPS to switch or just use fn + the desidered key.

the first type/touch cover is without brightness keys, but on windows fn+del is brightness up and fn+backspace is brightness down.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Hi, I have a surface pro 1

I do the installation appears in English, and will not let me choose language.

At system startup (after installation), this message appears:
Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport

Thanks and sorry my english, im a Spanish.

(SURFACEOSX)

Hi, I have a surface pro 1

I do the installation appears in English, and will not let me choose language.

At system startup (after installation), this message appears:
Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport

Thanks and sorry my english, im a Spanish.

Hi Sergio

I had the same issue with the install language, mine was coming up French, if you click the left arrow on the screen, it allows you to select a different language, just takes a minute to load up.

The Bluetooth controller missing would suggest you have missed something in the preparation of the USB stick, maybe a Kext not copied correctly? I am sure Jahstories will be along to guide shortly, but in the meantime make sure you have the kexts all on there and the kernel - i missed that first time, you then need to copy these over in terminal at the end of the install.

Keep going with it, you will get there and its worth it!

Cheers

• Like 1

(SURFACEOSX)

Hi Sergio

I had the same issue with the install language, mine was coming up French, if you click the left arrow on the screen, it allows you to select a different language, just takes a minute to load up.

The Bluetooth controller missing would suggest you have missed something in the preparation of the USB stick, maybe a Kext not copied correctly? I am sure Jahstories will be along to guide shortly, but in the meantime make sure you have the kexts all on there and the kernel - i missed that first time, you then need to copy these over in terminal at the end of the install.

Keep going with it, you will get there and its worth it!

Cheers

The language problem is solved. Thanks! But no bluetooth

Not that I am wrong, I copy the files from the pack (include AvastarFwLoader.kext) in /System/Library/Extensions (USB)

After installation, I enter in the terminal:

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/Hackintosh/System/Library/Extensions/
cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/ACPIBatteryManager.kext /Volumes/Hackintosh/System/Library/Extensions/
cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext /Volumes/Hackintosh/System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AvastarFwLoader.kext /Volumes/Hackintosh/System/Library/Extensions/

Thanks and sorry my english

(SURFACEOSX)

The language problem is solved. Thanks! But no bluetooth

Not that I am wrong, I copy the files from the pack (include AvastarFwLoader.kext) in /System/Library/Extensions (USB)

After installation, I enter in the terminal:

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/Hackintosh/System/Library/Extensions/
cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/ACPIBatteryManager.kext /Volumes/Hackintosh/System/Library/Extensions/
cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext /Volumes/Hackintosh/System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AvastarFwLoader.kext /Volumes/Hackintosh/System/Library/Extensions/

Thanks and sorry my english

If you booted from your USB into OSX on your HDD, just use KEXT DROP or KEXTHELPER to install the kext's (open the APP, and drag and drop your kexts-all 9). So you dont need to terminal. OTHERWISE: if those were your only terminal inputs, you missed some...AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext, ACPIbacklight.kext, Apple ACPIPlattform.kext, AppleHDADisabler.kext, genericusbxhci.kext (the last one should fix it, but you need all nine (9)). I would prefere the Kext Drop-way. After that (kextdrop or manual) feel free to "touch" your S/L/E in terminal (sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions) - refreshes the kext-cache.

-Please use BADGES and create/update your SIGNATURE. Thanks.

• Like 1

(SURFACE2OSX)

(surfaceosx)

OSX-Update 10.9.3 on SurfaceONE, is SAFE.  (as expected on the SF-One, because of the untouched kernal)

Not so much on Surface 2.  Have your USB stick ready.  You'll need to boot on the USB for the first reboot and reinstall mach_kernel.  Then, after the installation completes, delete /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAUUC,kext.  Then, reinstall VoodoHDA.kext from your USB stick.  Finally, run Kext Utility to regenerate the caches.  After a reboot, you'll be back in business.

• Like 3

(SURFACEOSX)

If you booted from your USB into OSX on your HDD, just use KEXT DROP or KEXTHELPER to install the kext's (open the APP, and drag and drop your kexts-all 9). So you dont need to terminal. OTHERWISE: if those were your only terminal inputs, you missed some...AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext, ACPIbacklight.kext, Apple ACPIPlattform.kext, AppleHDADisabler.kext, genericusbxhci.kext (the last one should fix it, but you need all nine (9)). I would prefere the Kext Drop-way. After that (kextdrop or manual) feel free to "touch" your S/L/E in terminal (sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions) - refreshes the kext-cache.

-Please use BADGES and create/update your SIGNATURE. Thanks.

I start in safe mode before the installation complete and use Kext Drop to install the kexts, its it ok?

Other question, I can install hackintosh on a memory card (microsd) for testing?

Thanks you, I've edited the signature.

I start in safe mode before the installation complete and use Kext Drop to install the kexts, its it ok?

Other question, I can install hackintosh on a memory card (microsd) for testing?

Thanks you, I've edited the signature.

no problem if you do it in safemode... but IMHO not necessary. (Simply boot your installed system, as it works for you, and use kextdrop - that’s it. No magic. Reboot and the kexts are loaded.)

You can install (anything) on the sdxc. but its not recommend, and not supported in this thread.

(surface2osx)

Well, this thing about power supplies going DOA may be a real thing.  My whole dock is now dead.  No ethernet, no USB, nothing.  Worst of all, no charging.  I took the surface out of the dock and connected the power supply that came with the surface and all is well.  However, that power supply cable doesn't fit the dock, so I can't directly compare power supplies.  10 demerits for design, Microsoft.  The good part is the 1Gb ethernet on the Juiced dongle kicks the dock ethernet's posterior.  It's way faster.  An 86G time machine backup runs in 45 minutes vs several hours  on the dock ethernet.

@jape

the kernel comed from an haswell thread here on the forum and it's not made specifically for the surface pro, don't remember the exact thread btw. (if you find it, let us know so i can put credits on it!)

@aardvark23

i've broken a lot of apples power adapters too, i think that it's just unluck.

(surfaceosx)

there is an updated voodooHDA

VoodooHDA 2.8.5 for Mavericks (Slice + AnV) (Signed!) - Developers ...

it works for me and so far no need to repair permissions

maybe some ppl can join and test it

I installed the VoodooHDA 2.8.5, the Prefpane and the Helper. All works fine, just the kext-utility argues that the developer is not a genuine one.

@all

On my install there are still some minor problems. My boots and shutdowns are inconsistent. While booting, i just see it in the bar where the clock is, how fast the icons pop up - fast means boot OK. Slow (were talking about under a second until the icons are all set) means sound is busted (i have created a startup sound that is played through an automator script. i load it with my startup things). The sound works - but it stutters.

On the shutdown side, i have (nothing in the USB) varying times from 5 seconds to 30-45 seconds on a bad shutdown.

Sound-stuttering is on about 4 boots out of ten. Shutdown is ...not messurable :D  - probably one out of ten is OK.

Anyone else?

@JahStories: strange...strangest... the v0.4 dsdt kills my grafx on boot... system boots but i can see only an grey aplle on a grey screen ... :D. Did you do the dsdt from scratch? Or "found" it somewhere?

There is a fix for slow boot where u got to insert the uuid into the config file by using clover configurator

Thanks for that hint. i already fixed that. Slow or fast... my uuid in system profiler is the same. had that before that it was corrupted after a "bad"-boot. uuid is good... sound stuttering is there.

(right now, with no stutter, i had one of those incredible "instant"-shutdowns (3 sec.)......booting...audio stutter...shutdown (30 sec)...booting...shutdown on the surface splash...booting... boot is stuck...shutdown (30 sec)...boot...audio stutter...shutdown (30 sec)...boot... ....just keep trying... it is just stuttering...no boot at all - need to USB-boot- kext-dropped all nine kext... reboot... NO STUTTER... what the fur!!!