[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

See attached.

On an unrelated note, also on attached screenshot you can see some of the visual corruption that appears on my SFPro2 sometimes... (see dock).

I saw drawing errors on my SP2 when using 1600x900 screen resolution.  For example, when using the Mac mail tool reply window, the send button was drawn directly over top of the red/yellow/green buttons at the top left corner of the window.  This made aborting an email reply with the red button rather tricky as it would often send the mail rather than abort.  I gave up on that resolution.

Support request:

Looking for help to update and support sp2 on the guide, pm me if you wanna update something or integrate the work of pokenguy to the SP2 pack

UPDATE TO SP2 MAIN GUIDE:

Thanks to Pokenguy 

SP2 10.9 10.10 DP1 Guide:

supported by Pokenguy

(no help and support for 10.10 on the forum since official release)

Same rules, no signature and no badge = no help.

1. Create a MBR USB with 2 partitions:

- "CLOVER": FAT32, size > 300MB

- "MacUSB": HFS+

2. Extract the package here and copy to EFI partition: http://www.insanelym...90#entry2026406

3a. For Mavericks: Run this in terminaL

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MacUSB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app --nointeraction

3b. For Yosemite:

Mount InstallESD image 

Mount from terminal open /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg

using disk utility restore BaseSystem.dmg to the 10gb partition 

delete the packages link in the installation partition /System/Installation and replace it with the package folder inside installESD

copy BaseSystem.dmg and basesystem.chunklist to the root of the installation partition

4. Restart and pressing volume down, select OS X installer then install like normal.

5. Restart and pressing volume down, select OS X and boot like a pro.

6. Download https://dl.dropboxus...k_r2696.pkg.zip

Install with these options:

-Install For UEFI Booting

- Install Clover in the ESP

- Themes

- Drivers 64UEFI > EmuVariable-64 + OsxAptioFix

- Install RC Script

- Install Clover Pref Panel.

7. Go to EFI partition (or System partition), copy EFI/Clover/config.plist from CLOVER USB to EFI/Clover of EFI partition (or System partition).

8. Copy all kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other from USB to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9 or 10.10 of EFI (or System partition)

9. Download dsdt.aml and ssdt*.aml (in your 3.2 bootpack) to EFI/CLover/ACPI/patched/ of EFI (or System partition)

10. Go to /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/ folder and rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi

• Like 1

@srn9001 @fuyuwasugu

Please read the main guide, update your signature and use badges as explained there if you wanna get help...

@srn9001

Probably we will never get Internal WiFi to work.

If it will come out the guide will be updated in seconds...

@fuyuwasugu

saw something like that online, but i don't remember the name of the app and i couldn't find it on google.

I saw drawing errors on my SP2 when using 1600x900 screen resolution.  For example, when using the Mac mail tool reply window, the send button was drawn directly over top of the red/yellow/green buttons at the top left corner of the window.  This made aborting an email reply with the red button rather tricky as it would often send the mail rather than abort.  I gave up on that resolution.

I was using that one indeed, in HiDPI, but I get the same issue even in 1080p :(

I was using that one indeed, in HiDPI, but I get the same issue even in 1080p :(

I don't see HiDPI on 1600x900 on my SP2.

I'm not having that issue with 1600x900 did you try the switchresx 1366x768 HiDPI trick?

This is what looks best on my SP2.

(surface2osx)

I searched for this, but found nothing.  My clock keeps losing time, about 3 minutes a day.  NTP doesn't see to be able to skew it.  Has anyone else seen this?  I'm using MacBookAir6,2 in my Clover config.plist.

(surface2osx)

I searched for this, but found nothing.  My clock keeps losing time, about 3 minutes a day.  NTP doesn't see to be able to skew it.  Has anyone else seen this?  I'm using MacBookAir6,2 in my Clover config.plist.

This turns out to be a known Mavericks bug.  Apple made local mods to ntp and added pacemaker to save battery life.  It only effects some users.  The solution is to move /usr/libexec/pacemaker out of the way, then download a new ntp and install it.  Move the ntp* binaries from /usr/local/bin/ to /usr/sbin/ and reboot.  It fixed the problem for me. 

• Like 1

I kindly mentioned RDM.app before. Sooooooo much better for this than switchres is and it's thankfully free!

Use 1280 hidpi. Much better.

Any way to get reliable audio with no glitches on every boot consistently on sp1 with 10.9?

(really not a fan of applying the microsoft "simply reboot for unexplained reasons" concept to this much better os)

And is updating to 10.9.3 from the app store on an sp1 safe? Will reboot without usb stick and bluetooth will still work?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there Ryu Hayabusa,

there isn't any bluetooth issue (just keep in mind that even if you don't load jape's kext, bt&wifi will be powered but not working or appearing.) 

about the v0.4 there was just a damaged dsdt, i'm uploading it fixed now, will add the links later when i'll get back home (if you want it now just use the v0.4 and the patched tables linked in the sp1 files list.

@BRAHMAN

Please, if you want to take part of this community and get help, follow the well known thread rules, adding a signature and a badge it's just a matter of seconds.

I suspect that the reason it won't let you "turn off bluetooth" from the UI is because OS X thinks it's not a internal BT chip but a external USB BT dongle. (On a real Mac it also doesn't let you "turn off" USB dongles). Because it is seen as a USB device, it is true that it won't turn it off even if it doesn't know what it is (in the same way the system doesn't turn off e.g. USB-powered fans).

(surface2osx)

Just an update on my own Bluetooth issues I was tackling before--

They were resolved by simply choosing the standard boot method instead of 'without caches/with kexts'.

Is that the way we should be booting?

Booting normally also seems to be much quicker, and removes an odd hang/delay that I was facing after boot when the Touch-base utilities were kicking in (which seems to take place much quicker now).

The only problem that seemingly remains for me is that the Surface will not wake from sleep when it has been sleeping for longer periods of time, and some weirdness with plugging in and unplugging certain USB devices (I can unplug thumb drives, for example, but not my wifi key as mentioned before)

Thanks for the help!

not injecting kexts improves boot times, and its suggested.

(surfaceosx)

UPDATE:

V0.4 (fixed)

(no need to update if you have a working 0.4 already [bt working])

@JahStories, thanks very much, I am using V0.3 dsdt.aml now, I will try this later.

Update: Hi, JahStories, I think the new file should NOT work, as it is binary the same with the problem one that I used.

See the attachment image:

post-492938-0-50281600-1402627959_thumb.png

thanks, but i've tested it, and its working...

(it was corrupted and that test you posted don't check files corruption)

P.s.

you are using the right dsdt, and you are on what we call v0.4 (with jape's bluetooth) so don't worry about installing the v0.4 filespack (that's just a v0.3 but in a "one file package" for new users, with bt kext added)

(surfaceosx)

I've been here the last 5 days trying to get 10.9 installed on my Surface Pro. Great stuff by the way everyone! I'm so close to success but can't quite figure out what is wrong. On my first and second attempts (I started from scratch on the second attempt) I've gotten the same result and can't figure out what is wrong.

Basically, after install I can only boot to OS X in safe mode. Inside of safe mode I can run Kext Drop (and that completes successfully). However, I cannot run Clover successfully inside of safe mode.

Even after successfully installing the included kext files I still cannot boot to OS X without being in safe mode.

I'm not sure what more information I can provide that would be helpful. I do see that when attempting to boot Avastar gives about 11 warnings, most of which say it failed to read from pipe or the pipe stalled. The last 4 lines of output show:

Super IODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship ITE sequence ID=0x8519, Winbond sequece ID=0xffff

Super IODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship ITE sequence ID=0x8519, Winbond sequece ID=0xffff

CommandAbort: Timeout waiting for command to abort, 100ms

VM Swap Subsystem is ON

On my first installation I tried to install on a partition while keeping Windows installed. I thought the Windows partition might be causing problems so for the next install I completely wiped the HD and now only have the OS X partition.

I also saw in some of the replies that the USB stick could be to blame so I used a different USB stick on the second round. I made sure to follow the guide but cannot figure out what is going wrong.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome, please update your signature as suggested and thanks for using the badge :) 

are you sure you copied the dsdt to acpi patched on the efi partition?

try these if you downloaded the v0.4 before the file fixing

from the guide:

V 0.2 New Patched Tables *dsdt*ssdt*