[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

maybe i'm just lucky but i never had this issue, the only real "problems" i have are:

some time the boot get stuck at the apple logo, but a reboot fix that

some problems with the touch cover that sometimes stops working...

obviously no wifi

no less no more

you know that too, maybe it can be a different microsoft firmware you are running (i never updated mine), or a different ssd... who knows..? its hard to fix or address an issue that's not commonly present.

@aardvark23

Thanks for reporting your experience with the update to 10.9.3,

Every major upgrade of the surface pro 2 needs mach kernel and maybe voodoohda "reinstallation" we didn't knew anything about the remove of that kext ;) thanks

i'm adding this steps to the guide

Quick guideline to update the sp2 thx to aardvark23:

keep the installation pen and use it to reinstall the kernel and voodoohda and remove the appleauuc.kext have fun!

Hi All,

First I'd like to say thanks to everybody that's contributed to this project. Being able to run OSX on my SP2 has basically doubled it's value. I normally don't ask questions because I can normally find the answers in the thread but maybe this one is too new and nobody has come across it yet. I'm by no mean an OSX expert but have tried a few things to fix my problem but need some help. Everything was working fine with 10.9.2, but once I did the update to 10.9.3 things started to break. So far, I've been able to the kernel, sound, and bluetooth problem. But I'm now having problems with some menus and windows displaying with really weird colors and lines through it. It's not all windows and menus, just some. Both on my Surface display and on my 2nd monitor. I've also tried reinstalling the display port driver with the Vietnam utility somebody posted earlier and let kext utility rebuild the caches, but I'm still experiencing the issue. Here are some screenshots, anybody have any idea how to fix? It's not a deal breaker but it looks really weird! Thanks in advanced!

post-1335608-0-34320400-1400522944_thumb.png

post-1335608-0-03048100-1400522946_thumb.png

Hi All,

First I'd like to say thanks to everybody that's contributed to this project. Being able to run OSX on my SP2 has basically doubled it's value. I normally don't ask questions because I can normally find the answers in the thread but maybe this one is too new and nobody has come across it yet. I'm by no mean an OSX expert but have tried a few things to fix my problem but need some help. Everything was working fine with 10.9.2, but once I did the update to 10.9.3 things started to break. So far, I've been able to the kernel, sound, and bluetooth problem. But I'm now having problems with some menus and windows displaying with really weird colors and lines through it. It's not all windows and menus, just some. Both on my Surface display and on my 2nd monitor. I've also tried reinstalling the display port driver with the Vietnam utility somebody posted earlier and let kext utility rebuild the caches, but I'm still experiencing the issue. Here are some screenshots, anybody have any idea how to fix? It's not a deal breaker but it looks really weird! Thanks in advanced!

Hi. Any chance to get the 10.9.2 kexts for the HD4000 series?! Just to test if they were updated and cause the problem.

Hi. Any chance to get the 10.9.2 kexts for the HD4000 series?! Just to test if they were updated and cause the problem.

I didn't see any HD4000 kext in the 10.9.2 Macspike download package. I did see that Vietnam tool that someone else posted and installed the HD4000 display port hoping that contained the correct kexts but I'm not sure. Do you happen to have a link to where I can download the correct version and try? Thanks for your quick response! =D

I didn't see any HD4000 kext in the 10.9.2 Macspike download package. I did see that Vietnam tool that someone else posted and installed the HD4000 display port hoping that contained the correct kexts but I'm not sure. Do you happen to have a link to where I can download the correct version and try? Thanks for your quick response! =D

They are probably "not so open source". But sounds you have a "fixed" driver...did you test it? You may have a backup from where you recover them... or there are some nice SF2 owners on this thread, with still 10.9.2 running, and give you a PM.... ;)  - update your signature use badges.

Maybe some SF2 users share their experience with 10.9.3...

And another try... did you "touch" (terminal: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions) ... maybe, a little hope...

I tried the sudo touch command but to no avail. I also pulled the AppleHD4000.kext (version 8.2.4) from my USB installer with pacifist and kext dropped it, cleared caches and repaired permissions + a reboot but the problem is still there. Any other ideas? Thanks for all your help! (I'll update my signature soon, I'm at work at the moment)

thx for sharing Antilogic, we opened a thread to discuss about the sp3, here it is

@zer0gravity 

try a full disc format, and reinstall only osx.

LITTLE UPDATE TO THE FIRST PAGE GUIDE

THIS GUIDE ONLY COVERS 1ST AND 2ND GENS OF SURFACEPRO
3RD GEN STILL NOT SUPPORTED (BY THE GUIDE)
  • Like 1

(Surface PRO 1 OSX)

Hi. I install Touchbase driver (UPDD v5.0.2) at OSX 10.9.2.

It worked perfect with Surface Pen.

But after I update 10.9.3 , Surface Pen don`t work well.....

I reinstall UPDD v5.0.2 and Gesture App 2.0.29 , but can`t fix.

How to fix it ? Please tell me ....

[surfaceosx]

Hi, JahStories and All:

I follow exactly your step in the guide. The thing is, I could not boot into 10.9.3 osx after install to my HDD 160 external USB. So I enable injectededid, loadvbios and set fake id: 0x1660009. And it works and can boot into osx.

I have a problem here, after I install Clover to HDD, and install kexts using KextDrop.app, it still could not boot into osx, again I set 0x1660009 and enable injectededid, loadvbios, it could boot. I viewed config.plist, for graphics part, Intel set to yes, but its id is 0x0166004, seem different from what I set when boot.

Also I tried to install HD4000 patch using "http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296669-hackintosh-vietnam-ultimate-aio-tool-for-hackintosh/?hl=+hackintosh%20+vietnam". But in the end of installation(run script part), the installer hang there, could not finish the install.

What should I do to make HD4000 work, please help.

Yeah sometings wrong in tutorial for Surface Pro 1, after install on ssd drive Mac OS X can't boot without kext and inject. Only working safe boot but can't install Clover error. And kernal panic with only verbose boot. In safe boot finder didn't show my disk drives. 

I got Surface Pro 1 i5 4GB ram and 128GB disk.

There is definitely something wrong with the version 4 dsdt.aml file.  If used it boots to Apple grey screen and stops and does not show desktop.  If I switch it for the version 3 dsdt.aml file then it boots to desktop with no issues.  The only issue is that the bluetooth drivers/kext don't work with the version 3 dsdt.aml file.  Can someone please take a look.

Thanks.