[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

create a small ntfs partition, even 512mb, format it to hfs+ via disc utility from osx installer and install Clover on it, that will give you a sort of "bootloader partition" that could fix your problems :)

The problem is that I cannot get to the OSX installer!

A crazy test (before backup as i sugested as 3rd mantra). Wipe the disk! From my point of view you did everything right - try to mess around with a clean disk , (or even try another laptop... just for the booting to check) - i think there is confusion between efi partitions...

but check on a pc or different laptop!!!

A crazy test (before backup as i sugested as 3rd mantra). Wipe the disk! From my point of view you did everything right - try to mess around with a clean disk , (or even try another laptop... just for the booting to check) - i think there is confusion between efi partitions...

but check on a pc or different laptop!!!

I just tried booting the USB stick in an Lenovo Yoga 13 (i5 processor) and a desktop with EUFI support on and no go.   How can I wipe the SSD without getting into the OSX installer?

Thanks for the help!

you are probably doing something wrong preparing the stick...

or maybe a damaged usb drive, use another one.

i guess that too... try a different  usb-stick or else... dont do nothing to your drive its not involved.

@JahStories: Okidoky. :D

...Lenovo Yoga 13 (i5 processor)... this could be another cool hackintosh... tablet...hybrid...ähhh..

The Yoga 13 is one of our machines at work.  I have been thinking of picking up the 11 inch i5 version if the Surface doesn't work out.

i guess that too... try a different  usb-stick or else... dont do nothing to your drive its not involved.

I found an older 8GB pen drive and it seems to be working.  I'm installing OSX now.  

The Yoga 13 is one of our machines at work.  I have been thinking of picking up the 11 inch i5 version if the Surface doesn't work out.

I found an older 8GB pen drive and it seems to be working.  I'm installing OSX now.  

as stated: always a "experience"... :D

no, it works even with the driver, but just under display preferences, i've tried fn+end and fn+backspace (surface pro windows brightness shortcuts) but those don't work.

post-354868-14001037681995_thumb.jpg

@ JahStories,

I'm not sure what you mean in display settings.

I thought the brightness adjust was via the windows key + volume buttons

The f keys adjust keyboard brightness on my typecover 2

An alternative that has been working for me is an apple keyboard in an origami case. Full native brightness and audio control from keyboard

Also brightness slider app from the App Store is a good alternative. You can map a combination of keys for shortcut and allows for finer degree of brightness control.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1400103761.986289.jpg

@ JahStories,

I'm not sure what you mean in display settings.

I thought the brightness adjust was via the windows key + volume buttons

The f keys adjust keyboard brightness on my typecover 2

An alternative that has been working for me is an apple keyboard in an origami case. Full native brightness and audio control from keyboard

Also brightness slider app from the App Store is a good alternative. You can map a combination of keys for shortcut and allows for finer degree of brightness control.

i only have to press F2 to increase brightness and F1 to decrease. i am using Type cover 2 and the files i mentioned already

Please, hamido this could cause confusion, this brightness slider under monitor means that brightness is working.

WITHOUT EXTRA FILEs.

to everyone, please don't keep posting images, this should be the last one...

34hw521.png

keyboard brightness works like before by pressing fn + F1 or fn + F2.

i swiched fn and F buttons a while ago

u can do this by a shortcut but i cannot remember which one. 

edit : here u got 

Lock Function Keys - The top row of keys on Touch and Type Cover (1 or 2) are shortcut keys by default. Pressing Fn + Caps will swap the functionality to the F1-F12 keys

• Like 1