Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

On 4/18/2018 at 12:40 PM, Aigors said:

Hi Ammoune , you need a infrared rework statotion to desolder and solder a new onw socket.
I remember my first job in IT, i fixed Amiga, Spectrum, commodore and so on, i have fixed a lot of fat agnus socket :D

Hi, 

the resoldering complete socket would kill the board totally in couple month (as the guys from super-duper repair shop told me). It's all because of gygabite layered silicon grade. The layers are so thin, that they give 90% chance, that board would work correctly only a couple month until it would die. Even with IR equipment they have, gygabite silicon starting to get micro-bubbly 10-20 C before target desoldering temperature. So they not recommending to do it with this particular z97 lineup.

About pins - they are corrected with a microscope and skilled technician. As they broke right near the start, I won't be able to do it with looking glass I have). He did it quite good, visible that they were repaired, but esthetically looking super good. 

As for build and Oz in it. 

Current configuration is:

• Xeon e3 1245v3 CPU
  • Z97hd3 Mobo
  • Msi gtx 1050ti gaming X GF

1) Before pins problem, after I flash anything infused with Oz - it won't work with the graphics card installed. If I pull it out, flash, get bios setting right, boot and reset NVRAM (or clear CMOS, bios setting, NVRAM) than install graphics card - it freezes every boot.  

2) If I press the CPU cooler a little bid, just give it a solid push - it kinda boots without a freeze, but not correctly. Bios go flickery. 

3) After I pushed CPU couple times, I started to get random BSODS on windows, so I tested RAM. One dim would give me errors. I don't know, is this went after pushed a bid CPU cooler, or it was like that, but using totally different ram would give same freezes with OZ. 

4) Tomorrow I would go again to this repair shop, they would try to perform another round of magic tricks. As this mobo work correctly (fully) with windows 10 - they not recommending it for full socket resolder. damaged pins were reserved. Maybe OZ uses them after all, but they were repaired. It's all looking magic, but there is no magic. If swapping not XEON CPU won't help it (but I saw builds with OZ and XEON), then I would search for another board or platform. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, changing the motherboard didn't do much, except I'm using clover as daily driver bootloader, but it's nothing near with Oz. 

With a new motherboard, I have all same symptoms.

Currently using z97x-ud3h (v 1.1).

Now I'm definitely out of options, so any ideas? 

*updt*
here's the video of how it works, Oz not even loading: 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DXOqrx_Jmf4abYYbtsUF1aB5U8MZA-IV

Edited by firefly_can_fly

3 hours ago, firefly_can_fly said:

This is screens of bios settings:

https://imgur.com/a/Kau87ck

Use IntelGraphicsFixup and NvidiaGraphicsFixup on common folder, and set all graphics disabling to OzDefaults to yes!

Do CMOS reset

Flash your mobo from windows, it appear that flash wasn't done 100%

Disable CSM!

On the third screen from up to down, set Windows features to: Other OS

Cross your fingers and see if it work

• Like 1

Hi all. I really would love some guidance here!

I have been reading loads about Ozmosis - its sounds like an amazing tool!

So I wanted to flash my BIOS (GA-Z77N-WIFI) for Windows 10 & El Capitan to dual boot. I already have booth dual booting with F2 Bios of my motherboard.

I downloaded the Ozmosis rom with HighSierra Support from Hackintosh-Forum.de 

I extracted the Rom to the usb and flashed the bios.

When the computer restarts I loaded ‘Optimised defaults’.

Then I tried to boot into Windows OR OSX and nothing happens. I created a vanilla OSX installer USB (with No clover) but even this will not boot. 

All I see is a black box or something similar. See the image attached!

I tried to boot into a Windows Rescue USB and I just got a grey box on the screen - nothing else.

I can boot into BIOS but nothing else?

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help everyone 

IMG-1592 (1).JPG

reset system from case button then rapidly hit esc till screen flashes red and then rapidly hit DEL. That will temporary disable ozmosis so you could Deactivate discrete graphics, save settings and try to boot your install. Everything should work normally after that.

Edited by Kynyo
  • Like 1

GRIVEN from hackintosh-forum.de gave and advice that I should fully disable IGPU and stick with Nvidia as main and only graphics on the system. So after a flash of BIOS, I neede to load and hit ESC to enter bios, disable IGPU and enable CSM (currently it's working only with ON, but it's only test run and I will tweak and polish this build) and whoop, it's loaded

I want to say huge thanks to ammoune78 for mentoring and helping with basically everything, he's the guy who won't let you down and will patiently help understand bling gaps that occur in the process. 

Griven for this final tricks that were way beyond of understanding while I'm not to close familiar with Oz engine and why it's happening like that. 

Kynyo for advice about GPU and helping in moments when you f****up the boot system on couple SSD's and need quick kick while only thing to communicate right now is Skype. 

crusher. for helping to make first baby steps in Oz direction. 

All the community in this branch of the forum who help, maintain and breath life in Oz through the years.

And last, but not least - to that guy who made it possible, TheKing . Years are passing from the moment you first thought about Oz and you with team released it, but, it still works. You have not the biggest but very devoted community. I don't know what kind of voodoo magic you practicing while there is no magic in this world, but this tiny thing you made and effort you put in - made it alive. Even me, I couldn't use another bootloader, because it's just not the same. I was searching used parts just to make it work with Oz. You made hack equal to a real Mac. Hope you would come back some day and give Oz another life. 

p.s. after config would be fully made to a state of "100%" i will post EFI folder and couple hints that made this build work. 

Edited by firefly_can_fly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've been trying to create a bios for the MSI Z97 Gaming 7 for a couple days now. Every time I create a bios and flash it I get a corrupted bios warning F2 and it restores my old bios. I've tried multiple copies of Ozmosis, multiple flash files, and it just is not working. Nothing I create can be flashed... I also cannot flash the High Sierra ready file from the German forum as it has the same error.... :( I'm at a loss. And it looks like the IRC is gone now too?

Download first MMTool linked by xpamamadeus, use it to decompress and compress CORE_DXE

Download UEFITool 0.21.5.app to insert Ozmosis files, and don't forget to insert Ozmosis Hight Sierra compatible few posts a go

Download OzmosisConfigurator to make your own OzmosisDefaults

Download AcpiPatcher and KernextPatcher from cecekpawon GitHub repos, insert them in the ROM, but you have to modify them with your preferences

Download FakeSMC and stuffs from RehabMan, remove clover Dict from the info.plist, and change the keys to latest Mac model SMC you'll play with on your hake, convert them to ffs using again, cecekpawon YodKext2Ffs.sh from he's repos, insert them to ROM

Flash your mobo, and cross your fingers until macOS Login Screen ^_^

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:  DON'T CHANGE THE BIOS FILE NAME AFTER MODIFICATIONS, IT'S USEFUL TO UPDATE OROM'S AND CPU MICROCODES USING UBU BIOS UPDATER 

Edited by ammoune78
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

Download first MMTool linked by xpamamadeus, use it to decompress and compress CORE_DXE

Download UEFITool 0.21.5.app to insert Ozmosis files, and don't forget to insert Ozmosis Hight Sierra compatible few posts a go

Download OzmosisConfigurator to make your own OzmosisDefaults

Download AcpiPatcher and KernextPatcher from cecekpawon GitHub repos, insert them in the ROM, but you have to modify them with your preferences

Download FakeSMC and stuffs from RehabMan, remove clover Dict from the info.plist, and change the keys to latest Mac model SMC you'll play with on your hake, convert them to ffs using again, cecekpawon YodKext2Ffs.sh from he's repos, insert them to ROM

Flash your mobo, and cross your fingers until macOS Login Screen ^_^

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:  DON'T CHANGE THE BIOS FILE NAME AFTER MODIFICATIONS, IT'S USEFUL TO UPDATE OROM'S AND CPU MICROCODES USING UBU BIOS UPDATER 

All his links are broken in the first post.

I already tested it, it bricked my board with internal memory unknown error, 3 long bip. Did it with UEFITool 0.21.5 and exactly the same files, after Backup bios restoring, board now flashed and it smell the good Oz :D !

On 5/18/2018 at 11:00 AM, ammoune78 said:

So using UEFITool was a savior. OZMTool kept breaking my BIOS image. I did however run into the firmware issues with High Sierra, but I think I figured out what the issue was there. I'm just going to stick with Sierra for now as its stable now.

53 minutes ago, MrTrip said:

So using UEFITool was a savior. OZMTool kept breaking my BIOS image. I did however run into the firmware issues with High Sierra, but I think I figured out what the issue was there. I'm just going to stick with Sierra for now as its stable now.

Update your signature please, because we don't know what hardware you're using! We can't suggest something for what we don't know!

Don't use OZMTool if you don't know how, the simple thing is to follow first post for how to decompress and compress CORE_DXE, once done, replace it with the existing one in the firmware, then, insert ffs files given! Download QUO firmware from the first post, to know where some files are inserted, I mean in the top of the nested volume and it's bottom, then do the same!

Finally you'll still have to do some settings in the OzmosisDefaults for graphics and boot args! 

27 minutes ago, davidm71 said:

Ammoune try this version of UEFiTool ver 22.4!

Only for Windows though..

UEFITool ROG 22.4

As the main developers of this tool are the group longsoft!

Who build this one?

6 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

As the main developers of this tool are the group longsoft!

Who build this one?

I made a fork of it a few months ago. Totally legal to do so according to the open source license.

Actually I am one of a hundred people: https://github.com/LongSoft/UEFITool/network/members

All I did though was skin it and add a few special effects. Its all UefiTool under the hood with

full credit to Coderush and LongSoft.

On 5/20/2018 at 2:15 PM, ammoune78 said:

Update your signature please, because we don't know what hardware you're using! We can't suggest something for what we don't know!

Don't use OZMTool if you don't know how, the simple thing is to follow first post for how to decompress and compress CORE_DXE, once done, replace it with the existing one in the firmware, then, insert ffs files given! Download QUO firmware from the first post, to know where some files are inserted, I mean in the top of the nested volume and it's bottom, then do the same!

Finally you'll still have to do some settings in the OzmosisDefaults for graphics and boot args! 

I've updated my signature. I didn't realize it was deleted...I had my rig in my sig previously. 

I used OZMTool and followed the documentation by the letter multiple times. It would always produce a bad BIOS flash. I gave up on using OZMTool and did it manually using UEFITool and have a good flash and I am currently running on macOS Sierra, Ozmosis bootloader, all graphics working.

The issue I'm having is with High Sierra and the Firmware verification issue. I have since updated my SMBIOS entries in my Defaults.plist and my OzmosisDefaults and should have no issue upgrading, but I have decided to stick with 10.12 as it is stable and working well right now.

I do appreciate the zip files you posted, when I said the links were broken before it was an SQL Server error from the forums preventing it. I did however use the links you provided and the Ozmosis you provided to create my current working setup. :) So I appreciate that kind sir.

I will probably make an attempt again at High Sierra later, and post a blog write up for how I got things going on my end.

Can anyone confirm if X86PlatformPlugin is being loaded on a real iMac13,2 (Late 2012) running High Sierra with the lastest  firmware upgrade ?

Reason why I am asking is because since High Sierra as soon as the plugin-type property=1  the system (QUO board, Ivy Bridge) will hang at boot when it tries to load X86PlatformPlugin. I suspect that Apple might have removed this property in the firmware for iMac 13,2. I think that this property migth now only be used to turn on xcpm mode but Ivy Bridge support has been remove from the xcpm kernel ...would also like to know for a real MacMini6,2 

Edited by IronManJFF
Added reason for asking