Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Both CPWN & XMAX is an Oz UNOFFICIAL (patched) version based on XMAS.

CPWN: Try to fix Oz internal patch by CHANGING their search pattern to allow kext inject on >= 10.12 + Smbios fix.
XMAX: Will completely DISABLE Oz internal patch above + same Smbios fix.

By using XMAX:

- You will need KernextPatcher as previous (disabled) Oz internal patch replacement + any addional patches (if needed) to run any Oz supported macos.
- For example, you can grab such as 'allow kext inject' patches pattern from Clover (PLEASE BOOKMARK), or do it by your self, by inserting those patterns into KernextPatcher.plist.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, matthorne86 said:

I do get black screen maybe 2/10 times on boot and have to restart to boot into OS

At what point in time do you get that black screen? Is it after you select an OS in the Ozmosis-GUI or does the black screen appear directly after you press the power button?

3 hours ago, TypeThree said:

At what point in time do you get that black screen? Is it after you select an OS in the Ozmosis-GUI or does the black screen appear directly after you press the power button?

After power button. I don't use ozmosis GUI just default boot menu (F12). So sometimes after power and pressing F12 I get black screen but know I'm getting to boot menu as can do NVRAM reset (colours show). Forgot to mention I'm using gtx 1070. Might be something in the defaults as just copied my SystemSerial,BaseBoardSerial over to one you provided. I will do some testing now and see what I can find out.

Thanks

Edited by matthorne86

23 hours ago, matthorne86 said:

After power button

And when you get that black screen, can you shut your computer down by shortly pressing the power button or do you have to press the power button for a longer time to force the computer to shut down?

In the defaults that I provided, the Ozmosis GUI/UserInterface is enabled. You should disable it if you don't use the GUI...

On 2018/6/28 at AM8点46分, cecekpawon said:

- 您需要KernextPatcher作为之前(禁用)的Oz内部补丁替换+任何附加补丁(如果需要)运行任何支持Oz的macos。
- 例如,您可以抓取Clover(PLEASE BOOKMARK)中的'allow kext inject'补丁模式,或者通过将这些模式插入到KernextPatcher.plist中,由您自己完成

Inserting kernelxtpatcher.ffs into the rom, I can't enter the OS X El Capitan installation interface.

Inserting kernelxtpatcher.ffs into the rom, I can't enter the OS X El Capitan installation interface.

If you use this posted kernextpatcher you absolutely have to use the patched Ozmosis in order to have it working! You also maybe have to use acpipatcher for the EH01 and EH02 renaming under El Capitan to be able to boot into the installer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you use this posted kernextpatcher you absolutely have to use the patched Ozmosis in order to have it working! You also maybe have to use acpipatcher for the EH01 and EH02 renaming under El Capitan to be able to boot into the installer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

如果你使用这个贴出的kernextpatcher,你必须使用修补的Ozmosis才能让它正常工作!您也可能需要使用acpipatcher在El Capitan下重命名EH01和EH02才能启动安装程序

The problem still exists.

Is driver have successfully created log file ("\EFI\KernextPatcherLog.txt") ?

The driver will start looking for config plist with following order:

(1) NVRAM -> (2) ESP -> (3) ROM

So, if you may already have a fixed plist embedded into image (like the one provided by TypeThree), please remove your "\EFI\KernextPatcher.plist" (and also delete NVRAM, if any), and driver will read your config from ROM.

hello everyone, my system is with a motherboard asus maximus x hero and an i7 8700k
processor, where and how do I start using ozmosis?
I read the topic on jumps but I did not understand much. you are all advanced.
please help me understand the mechanism and I can integrate myself with 
the community. thank you

Edited by corint1

6 hours ago, cecekpawon said:

So, if you may already have a fixed plist embedded into image (like the one provided by TypeThree), please remove your "\EFI\KernextPatcher.plist" (and also delete NVRAM, if any), and driver will read your config from ROM.

I am sure KernextPatcher is working, but there is no KernextPatcher Log.txt in efi, only one AcpiPatcherLog.txt.
I tried to reset nvram (Alt + CMD + P + R), but still no KernextPatcher Log.txt.

Yes, I open it now, and KernextPatcherLog.txt also appears in efi.

Thank you very much, but I can't get into the El Capitan installation interface. My Chinese friend and I have tested it many times.

Only 10.11 has such a startup problem, only one Apple logo, no progress bar.

KernextPatcherLog.txt

Edited by luoliqing

Yes, after adding KernextPatcher.ffs, I can successfully install 10.10.x / 10.12.x / 10.13.x / 10.14. But I can't install 10.11.x.
After removing KernextPatcher.ffs from the BIOS, it successfully installed 10.10.x-10.13.x.
Unable to install Mojave.
Thank you very much for your reply, even though I did not use 10.11.x.
This is a great UEFTW:thumbsup_anim:

the ruin is the mother of wisdom ... you could answer that you can not, it's too hard or you
 do not want ... anything ... but do not take me into account I find it offensive ...
 everyone was born clever and intelligent ...

thank you ..

7 minutes ago, corint1 said:

the ruin is the mother of wisdom ... you could answer that you can not, it's too hard or you
 do not want ... anything ... but do not take me into account I find it offensive ...
 everyone was born clever and intelligent ...

thank you ..

Cool man.

Maybe look at https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/index.php/Thread/31640-Mod-für-das-Z97-Maximus-VII-Hero/

if it's you motherboard.

Fred

Edited by FredWst

21 minutes ago, corint1 said:

thank you for your answer  , how I say my motherboard is ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO ... is it possible to use ozmosis ?

if your motherboard is Aptio 4 it will work, if Aptio 5 will not work.

U don't need to put Oz in bios to try.

Use BCFG cmd from efi shell to load all u need.

Fred

Edited by FredWst

On 7/6/2018 at 9:33 PM, FredWst said:

if your motherboard is Aptio 4 it will work, if Aptio 5 will not work.

Fred

I have already the proof in my PM that Ozmosis are working on the 300 series, i do not want to update the 100 Series guide as it will be a rain of posts and i don't have much time for it right now. It works on some GIGABYTE boards, ASUS and especially on most of the ASRock boards

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Tusskan said:

How to convert this clover smbios style to ozmosis style?

here is a sample 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cegywcu3p1gfxr8/smbios.plist?dl=0

Man what you mean? Go download Ozmosis configurator and make your own and replace it by the same serials if you want. Are you kidding @Tusskan or what, you're old Ozmosis fun and you still post this :huh: ?