Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

The problem with Ozmosis 1669 and a time machine.

After the upgrade Ozmosis 1669, the computer stops booting and hangs on boot BIOS. If turn off hard drive with Time Machine loading takes place without any problems.
If format the hard disk loading is done without problems. But if do one backup, when you restart the computer hangs at boot BIOS. 
When return to the Ozmosis 1479 such problems not observed.

The problem with Ozmosis 1669 and a time machine.

After the upgrade Ozmosis 1669, the computer stops booting and hangs on boot BIOS. If turn off hard drive with Time Machine loading takes place without any problems.
If format the hard disk loading is done without problems. But if do one backup, when you restart the computer hangs at boot BIOS. 
When return to the Ozmosis 1479 such problems not observed.

UglyJoe, myself and dwdrummer0 (maybe more .. ) have already confirmed this.

Hopefully an fix will be released soon.

Edit: THeKiNG beat me to it

Edited by IronManJFF

If your folders looks like you posted before then it is damaged.

Hm, neither OS X nor Linux couldn't find any filesystem errors.

Make sure you really replaced FileSystem properly as modbin suggested, it had happened to me too when using the stock driver in the past (reason unknown to date).

I extracted the filesystem from my current bios and tested it with diff to be sure that I didn't miss something. It's the current version from Z77MXQUOAOS.H2N.OZ1669M.ROM

I deleted a USB-Pendrive and used it to restore my EFI partition with: 

sudo dd if=/dev/disk2s1 of=/dev/disk0s1
If my EFI was damaged, it should be alright now.

I didn't placed any kext or other stuff inside the EFI, so no need to mount it from OS X.

Now I wait some days and we will see if it happens again.

Yes and I have done it like that. From first tests with oz1669 I wonder why EnhancedFat is now called FileSystem ...

But after your post I checked my files again and shame on me ...

All the time there was a wrong EnhancedFat version in my Oz1669 folder. I don't now (or can't remember) how this could happened.

Now I replaced it with the correct one:

File GUID: 961578FE-B6B7-44C3-AF35-6BC705CD2B1F
Type: 07h
Attributes: 00h
Full size: 343Ah (13370)
Header size: 18h (24)
Body size: 3422h (13346)
State: F8h 

Hi,

You just need as said IronManJFF to change that in your Defaults.plist with valid values   :yes:

BaseBoardSerial in Oz Defaults.plist = MLB in RTVariables Clover Config.plist.

HardwareAddress in Oz Defaults.plist = ROM in RTVariables Clover Config.plist.

Fred

Thank you for the input guys. The problem was with BaseBoardSerial, it was (null), so I fixed it by putting 5 random numbers after the System Serial number, and iMessage is working again :)

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BaseBoardSerial=XXXXXXXXXXXX(System Serial)XXXXX(five random numbers)

The weird thing is however, I don't have Defaults.plist in the Efi/Oz folder. How is that possible?

post-1372845-0-09129100-1450533577_thumb.png

Okay, it turned out all the values were in the NVRAM, but no Defaults.plist file. I used a template to assign the values form the NVRAM.

Cheers.

Thank you for the input guys. The problem was with BaseBoardSerial, it was (null), so I fixed it by putting 5 random numbers after the System Serial number, and iMessage is working again :)

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BaseBoardSerial=XXXXXXXXXXXX(System Serial)XXXXX(five random numbers)

The weird thing is however, I don't have Defaults.plist in the Efi/Oz folder. How is that possible?

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2015-12-19 12.39.58.png

Okay, it turned out all the values were in the NVRAM, but no Defaults.plist file. I used a template to assign the values form the NVRAM.

Cheers.

Lo,

Defaults.plist is in your bios. You can extract with UEFITools. Search for OzmosisDefault -> go into tree -> you'll see raw file -> extract body and save as Defaults.plist.

You can after put it in Oz Directory. and modify as you want to add keys i was talking a few post before.

Reboot, Clear Nvram , 4 fingers keys.

Fred

• Like 2

Having an interesting problem. Using latest Oz with HermitCSM (tried without too). Everything works except the Nvidia WebDriver 5k support. I can set the boot arg just fine, but the computer boots at 2560x1440 (not the full res of 5120x2880). The full resolution does not show up in System Preferences and is not seen by the OS at all; the monitor operates in the same way as it does with one of the two DP cables connected.

Replugging the cables does something interesting, I see a portion of the displayed output stretched across the entire monitor. 

The 5k functionality works absolutely fine under Clover. Can't figure out what is causing this.

Having an interesting problem. Using latest Oz with HermitCSM (tried without too). Everything works except the Nvidia WebDriver 5k support. I can set the boot arg just fine, but the computer boots at 2560x1440 (not the full res of 5120x2880). The full resolution does not show up in System Preferences and is not seen by the OS at all; the monitor operates in the same way as it does with one of the two DP cables connected.

Replugging the cables does something interesting, I see a portion of the displayed output stretched across the entire monitor. 

The 5k functionality works absolutely fine under Clover. Can't figure out what is causing this.

HermitCsm is not part of Ozmosis, Ozmosis set the max resolution availble.

Use the GOP driver of your graphics card not the Legacy CSM Video, if still does not work you are probably patching VBIOS with clover.

I managed to get the audio working with 10.11.2 and Ozmosis 1669m with my USB DAC (driverless), sort of. I tried all the patcher apps, scripts and the tomato software, finally AppleHDA Patcher 1.1 made it, but audio works only if I go to system preferences/sound, then it hangs a bit, and audio loads, but it happens when it just cuts after some seconds.

Could you help me how to patch audio for Ozmosis properly? (again, all the guides are for Clover, etc., and the ones I found for Ozmosis didn't work)

PS: audio with headphones seems to work fine.

UPDATE: The DAC actually loads, just need some time after system startup. No idea why, it had been working perfectly with 10.11 GM/Clover.

HermitCsm is not part of Ozmosis, Ozmosis set the max resolution availble.

Use the GOP driver of your graphics card not the Legacy CSM Video, if still does not work you are probably patching VBIOS with clover.

Tried GOP, doesn't work. I have no VBIOS patches with Clover, I checked.\

EDIT: Did not think to try DisableNvidiaInjection, will give that a shot next.

EDIT 2: DisableNvidiaInjection solves it. Don't know why I didn't think to try that.

You extracted FileSystem? You should take FileSystem and replace with EnhancedFat.

sorry for my bad english,there is not Filesystem in Z170 or Z150,i have try to insert oz to Z170,but ,it's over,please tell me which is the filesystem in z170 or z150,thanks

I looked at the ROM of a Z170 yesterday, it has 'Fat.efi'. I don't know for sure, but I'm quite certain it's EnhancedFat from TianoCore. You should be good to go without replacing, just try and see if you run into any errors.

thanks,i konw it hasn't to replace the fat with oz's EnhancedFat,

i just insert the ozmois ozmosisdefaust  and SmcEmulatorKext into the bios file,but it will  lagging at BIOS LOGO

by the way,i don't need to find filesystem and delete it?

thank you ,thank you,thank you 

Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.

:)

I always replace Fat.efi with EnhancedFat.efi

yes and you have a PartitionDXE in rom.

Was there a difference between using either? Fat.efi = EnhancedFat.efi imo (and no, don't bother to compare the two as they're built with different toolchains for sure).

Was there a difference between using either? Fat.efi = EnhancedFat.efi imo (and no, don't bother to compare the two as they're built with different toolchains for sure).

hmm Gigabyte have a error  if I replace but on AsRock no problem. I use UEFITool. For now I search who have a test.

so you do not know the answer to your question...