Mac OS X 10.4.8

calmesal

468 posts in this topic

kiko ive installed ur final version works fine but still having the error at the end of the installation....WWWHY?????????

It does? Darn it...

You can get around it by installing with pacifist. Pacifist tell you what the problem is and you can continue after the error.

BTW, in RC2, the error was in "private/tftpboot/private/tftpboot". This is not serious because it was just a link.

Kiko - You rock! At least for now....So far, so good in applying your update. As far as I can tell, everything works like a charm.

Although, I don't use this box for professional apps so I have not tested any. Most of my development is done in Windows XP. I have the Hackintosh as a result of needing to test apps/pages in Safari and really being dissappointed in the PearPC emulation.

Thanks again for the update!

10.4.8 Kiko Final SSE3 INTEL work fine.

Final Cut Pro 5.1.2, Motion 2.1.2 work fine.

My computer: Intel P4 3.0 (model 640), motherboard Intel 915GAG, memory DDR400 2Gb, video ATI Palit X1600Pro (borismetod - QI,QE supported).

ALL WORK FINE!

10.4.8 Kiko Final SSE3 INTEL work fine.

Final Cut Pro 5.1.2, Motion 2.1.2 work fine.

My computer: Intel P4 3.0 (model 640), motherboard Intel 915GAG, memory DDR400 2Gb, video ATI Palit X1600Pro (borismetod - QI,QE supported).

ALL WORK FINE!

Sounds...Fine!

Problem, which a lot of other people will encounter I think:

Installed Kiko's 10.4.8 update on another machine which was running 10.4.7 and which was orginally installed from JaS 10.4.6 install-dvd and upgraded from 10.4.6 to 10.4.7 via JaS's update and Semjaza's decrypts. Graphics of this machine was running with Koverg and Callisto b03 patch. After update and reboot there was only a black background with mouse and some artifacts...

I started into shell and mounted root fs. First I tried to apply the Koverg patch on the new extensions, but that did not work. Finally I removed all ATIRadeon9700* directories in /System/Library/Extensions and placed the ATIRadeon9700* extensions from the backup (/System/Library/Extensions_1047) back on their original location. After that the system's graphics worked again, with full resolution but without the QE and CI. Trying to enable those features again with Callisto didn't worked, no QE and CI anymore....

*Edit:

SMB network connections are also not possible anymore from GUI, commandline (mount_smbfs) still works. Same problem as with JaS's 10.4.7 install DVD

First I tried to apply the Koverg patch on the new extensions, but that did not work.

If you didn't install the GMA900 package, then no video kexts (extensions) are installed by the update. In fact, only 2 extensions are installed and none have anything to do with video.

Plus, which Kiko update did you apply? There are 3 of them now: Update, Update RC2 or Update Final.

What error are you getting CycloneFR? becuase i get absolutley no errors on any of my 4 machines

EDIT: HE told me about the error, and it is insignificant, it still insalls fine, even look int he error log

Ok, im adding one or two files into a zip archivewhich i will post here they include mof-x's patch and neopheus installer

you download them and my update and then run the cript and it will place those files into my update

Do you have problems with 10.4.8 ?

In my hackintosh as in my Powerbook I if I click on About This Mac and then I close it resets itself, like login out and login in, I cant shutdown or Restart from the Apple Menu, only in Terminal, it makes the same as the About this Mac, sometimes it hangs in the shutdown procedure when the screen goes to blue.

Ok, I installed Jas' 10.4.8 update and the only hitch I have is the inability to connect to SMB servers, I have tried running {censored}-X SMB patch but I still get an error -36. I tried to repair permissions from terminal to no avail... any help is appreciated.

Nofences

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=26956 - {censored}-X Patch for SMB

P.S. When I first rebooted after the update I tested this and it was working, after a subsequent reboot, I get the fix alias message in finder and the error -36 when I try Go/Connect to server

EDIT: You're looking at a real retard.... forgot to allow access to the mac in Norton Security on the Windows PC. Got it solved!

I updated my OSX86 (not the normal way - but got the update from demonoid). Every time that I try to boot up in OS X, it goes for about 3 minutes and then it freezes with the circular curson and doesn't let me do anything but move the cursor around.

Does anybody know if there is a "system restore" like thing that I can do? I should never update anything

Do you have problems with 10.4.8 ?

In my hackintosh as in my Powerbook I if I click on About This Mac and then I close it resets itself, like login out and login in, I cant shutdown or Restart from the Apple Menu, only in Terminal, it makes the same as the About this Mac, sometimes it hangs in the shutdown procedure when the screen goes to blue.

I have that on 10.4.7 ;) it's a fresh install of jas 10.4.7 with the difference it doesn't even open the "About this mac" pane it directly does the logout/login.....

I have that on 10.4.7 :D it's a fresh install of jas 10.4.7 with the difference it doesn't even open the "About this mac" pane it directly does the logout/login.....

It was my mistake :) , the problem had to do with StoptLight, I uninstalled it and now shutdown and restart works, the only thing that doesnt work for me right now is the GUI for connect network shares, but I manage to do it with Terminal.

SSE3 Kernel only works within VMware, native only SSE2 kernel.

ok guys forget about NEo's 3.3 package , in fact new 10.4.8 drivers check for kernel dependency during games...which gives bad errors running Wow etc...

im reverting back to .7 using Neo 3.2 + QUartz and Quartzcore.fk

k guys some fresh new about kernel dependency !

ive tried WOW using 3.3 neophus package that uses 10.4.8 ATI Drivers and guess what : big f***ing : kernel dependency error so here it is : .8 is really kernel protected

while only switching back the OPENGL.FK and kexts from 10.4.7 (keeping my .8 install) Wow was working miracly so im really hoping .7 kernel will work on .8 but it prouves that .4 kernel gives us full access under 10.4.7