Mac OS X 10.4.8

calmesal

468 posts in this topic

PLEEEEASE HEEEEELP!

I installed JaS upgrade and the installer couldn't finish the installation, it ended reporting an error... now after rebooting I get a message saying:

/System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow: Login WIndow Application Started INIT_Processeses(), could not establish the default connection to the WIndowServer.

Is there any way to go back and restore my system?, it would be really painful install again and loose all my customizations :-(

Or is there any way to try the upgrade again?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I just install Kiko Final SSE3 into "DELL SC430 (CelD) 10.4.4Myz".

It seems working fine.

But one small thing - I got "There was an error while gathering this information." message at System Profiler>Hardware.

So I can't see any Hardware status.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks Kiko and fellow for offering 10.4.8 update and hardwork to make it work.

It seems working fine.

But one small thing - I got "There was an error while gathering this information." message at System Profiler>Hardware.

Follow this link: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...8937&st=20#

It seems working fine.

Replace /System/Library/SystemProfiler/SPPlatformReporter.spreporter with the previous version, prior to your installation.

yes or even copy the entire folder ;)

worked fine for me..

Lamer0 i agree with u but not only new instructions were implemented : u cant try and see that some error are related to kernel. Anyway we are telling the same thing cause if u could run the 10.4.8 hacked u would get rid of this errors...

Replace /System/Library/SystemProfiler/SPPlatformReporter.spreporter with the previous version, prior to your installation.

Billy, TOpazBar, cyclonefr,

I copied from 10.4.4Myz DVD and it works!

Thank you very much.

About Unknown CPU in about when using JaS 10.4.8 delta update.

Will it be possible to correct that by saving /System/Library/SystemProfiler/SPPlatformReporter.spreporter from 10.4.7, then overwriting same in 10.4.8?

im using /System/Library/SystemProfiler/SPPlatformReporter.spreporter (and the whole folder) from .4 .5 DVD and having the same problem so i guess it comes from something else

macgirl u can fix the network using the mofor's x patch = 1Mo

Thanx Cyclonefr,

I am a perfectionist so am reluctant to upgrade until we find out about this...

A question: do you know the purpose of the kext that says "do not steal apple" or so?

It is interesting that it was put in...

im using /System/Library/SystemProfiler/SPPlatformReporter.spreporter (and the whole folder) from .4 .5 DVD and having the same problem so i guess it comes from something else

macgirl u can fix the network using the mofor's x patch = 1Mo

Thanks, I already did it.

Still in VMware I can't connect to an AppleShare volume :P

macgirl did you enable sharing in Sustem Preferences and set up an authorized account?

Turbo50t, I used your advice, and I still have processor unknown in About box.

I went further and re-installed the whole System Profiler folder using pacifist, still Unknown, but what was surprising is that it now reports 2 processors (i do not have core duo, but have HT) :)

intriguing as Mr Spock would say :)

I looked through the forum and can't find a solution.

Had JaS 10.4.7. Everything working well.

Installed JaS 10.4.8. Now it is hanging forever when I try to open any Application, Drive, etc. Also it is acting like I don't have root access. I just get the pinwheel mouse cursor over and over again.

Any ideas?

Thanks all.

Boot your install DVD and go to Disk Utility and repair permissions on your OSX partition.

I did repair permissions from the JaS 10.4.6 Boot disc.

The problem still there.

Does repair permissions not work sometimes? Should I do it again?

What about SSE2? This only works with SSE3 right?

I've been out of the whole os x on x86 thing for a while, but did Apple do something to slow down the progress? I would really like a more stable build of os x for my laptop (after a while, the keyboard stops working as does the mouse, and I need a dongle to start up.)

Yes it should work from the 10.4.7 one. Yes since you have an HT it will report 2 virtual processors. I don't understand why it won't recognize your P4 and an intel. Mine does.

But I have other issues since updating with JaS 10.4.8 so I am going to reinstall 10.4.7, That one was very stable and all my programs worked flawlessly, with the update a lot of things are scwoowee dang dat wabit.