OS X 10.9 DP's builds

fantomas

634 posts in this topic

The big problem I've noticed with DP5 - is when you set up your main monitor - if using multiple monitors - when you restart - it doesn't save the settings at all.  Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Did you try unplug and plug additional monitors after restart. I also noticed unpleasant bugs with that on DP5

The big problem I've noticed with DP5 - is when you set up your main monitor - if using multiple monitors - when you restart - it doesn't save the settings at all.  Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Same here. I do swap the monitor connectors on graphics card. I have boot messages on "wrong" screen now, but it's bother me less than change monitor order everyboot. Information about system screen configuration is in /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist but quick workaround this file gave me no luck - looks like os didn't read this settings on startup somehow...

Another DP5 misbehave - my mackintosh takes about 30 seconds when going sleep. pmset -g log shows the slow response processes related to apsd (5 or 6 different process names).

Running 3 monitors here and when I restart I don't experience any issues with the screens playing with themselves and changing places.

Also resuming the machine from sleep works for me rather quickly, no noticeable delays when waking from sleep.

• Like 1

Update DP 5
Booting with -v "cpu halted"

Fabio

:hysterical:

No Problem's here

what do you think, are there any small/tiny/microscopic hope for some UI changes? Because if they leave this thing as it is, it will be really awkward... I still don't get why they changed the fonts some places to thin if they leave the rest of it with the old fonts. Also I don't like this old iOS style with some replaced background... This looks so cheap. And the glassy-matte icon mix... And don't forget the OS logo which have the minimalistic ios7 design while the OS itself doesn't....

• Like 1

what do you think, are there any small/tiny/microscopic hope for some UI changes? Because if they leave this thing as it is, it will be really awkward... I still don't get why they changed the fonts some places to thin if they leave the rest of it with the old fonts. Also I don't like this old iOS style with some replaced background... This looks so cheap. And the glassy-matte icon mix... And don't forget the OS logo which have the minimalistic ios7 design while the OS itself doesn't....

They can't re-design OSX while almost all of the design teams (including Johny Ive) work on iOS7. I think Apple are saving a major UI changes for 11, as Mavericks is just an import of the current iOS tech and performance tuning.

Just updated to DP6 and everything is practically the same. It seems snappier everywhere, but it may simply be the result of a cache cleanup (or placebo effect). I think they're fixing all the small things now, like the font smoothing that failed on open/save dialogs, which for me never worked properly since DP1, but now it does.

It also includes a small iPhoto update.

Just updated to DP6 and everything is practically the same. It seems snappier everywhere, but it may simply be the result of a cache cleanup (or placebo effect). I think they're fixing all the small things now, like the font smoothing that failed on open/save dialogs, which for me never worked properly since DP1, but now it does.

It also includes a small iPhoto update.

Same here. Was Airdrop there before? I didn't notice it until now.

-MH

They've finally fixed the window list view in Finder. The columns now resize to show the complete filename (within reason) (or rather, the set column widths are now remembered) and not stay at a fixed width forcing me to manually resize the column. A small but important change (for me). :)

• Like 2

The graphic corruption I was getting with png and jpg files in Preview is fixed.

My 670 still runs at 1GHz on the desktop.

I still have this issue where the volume names aren't sorted alphabetically in the Finder sidebar. Is anyone else getting this? I don't know if it's a side-effect of running 10.9 from an external USB drive but it's been like this since the first DP. Cougar and Mavericks are my 10.8 and 10.9 drives, the others are NTFS.

7tkn.png

I updated as usual without problems. But for my computer and probably not only mine. Mac is Mac. It can't work so well as Windows.

I has many little bugs which is almost impossible to fix.

For instance. Very super mega twinkling after boot on LDVS. It happens very seldom. I boot seven or ten times normally.

But after a certain time my Graphics get into a wax like kinescope or venerable telivision tube with very bad tuning.

Usually it happens after several boots in a row. It is possible to fix only after sleep or reboot.

At the Windows it never happens.

• Like 1