OS X 10.9 DP's builds

fantomas

634 posts in this topic

i am having 10.9 dp6 on my hackintosh and its working pretty well.
there i have no problems with following:
Final Cut Pro X - Media Library Scrolling
Safari - Facebook Upload Fotos 

Now i am on my Macbook Retina and i updated from DP1 to DP7, so i didn't test on DP6 those things. On DP7 on macbook 15 retina i have 2 issues:
Final Cut Pro X - Media Library Scrolling has graphic glitches (when i scroll down, it stays, after that i have to minimize fcpx and maximize again and i see the correct media library position)
Safari - When i want to upload a picture on Facebook, it would open the finder window, it stays on documents folder and freeze. When i force quit to safari, finder window keeps for a while open and gets graphic glitches until it disappear.

In the meanwhile i tested it on DP6 on my Hack.

now i am a bit worried to upgrade my Hackmac to DP7.

Can somebody confirm if those issues are working somewhere else?
Otherwise i would try to take DP6 Graphic Drivers on DP7 System. I am just worried to kill my macbook system. And i don't want to reinstall the Beta :/

Thank you very much for helping me out.

Safari bug still present in DP7 (since DP1):

post-150972-0-98041500-1378473272_thumb.jpg

It only happens if I open a page in new tab, it doesn't happens when I just click on a link. Also I only see this bug on insanelymac website. All other websites appearing nicely.

I'm using a mouse with scroll wheel. Before DP7 (DP1-DP4) if I moved my mouse over a stack of windows in mission control, and scrolled up with the scrollwheel, then I could peek into that windows stack. Now It's not working... it's scrolling the window's content inside mission control  :(

Still having graphic issues in safari since DP1 ... work fine on HD4000 gpu....on ati 4870 or amd 7950 i have problems with safari.

Not only Safari here but all package installers. They will show a blank window. Not sure about Safari but the package installer glitch will show up even on HD 4000 GPU.

All the best.

SystemUIServer is always going "Not Responding".  Killing it in Activity Monitor brings it back to life for a little while, but it will just fall over again.  I can't seem to find any logs on why it is crashing though.Ed

Edit:

Fingers crossed it might be fixed. 

Removed /Library/Application Support/com.apple.systemuiserver.plist and also got rid of a couple of crappy menu extras.  Seems to be going better now with no hangs and I can bring up the Spotlight search bar that previously would cause it to become non-responsive.

Using clover on DP7 and same DSDT from ML. I do not think it is a configuration issue with either .. it is just Safari  that has the problem.. It might be an issue with dual graphics?

Perhaps it is: have three cards side by side here (HD 4000, 9800 GT, G210). But i must confess i simply installed Mavericks over Snow Leopard in first place, so i need to test first how a clean installation goes before saying my final verdict on the question.

All the best!

Notes and Known Issues

Installation

- Network migration from earlier versions of OS X requires the Migration Update for Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion, available from the Mac Dev Center.
- Migration from Windows requires Windows Migration Assistant 1.0.3.4, available from the Mac Dev Center.

Other

- Moving a full-screen Aperture window to a secondary display may prevent the app window from being visible in subsequent attempts to use full screen.
- In Full Screen in Aperture, some menus and thumbnails aren’t immediately available until interacted with by the user.
- When in Full Screen in Aperture, the toolbar at the top of the window may not be usable until it is locked.
- Purchased music may not show cover art in Preview. To resolve, run the following command in Terminal: qlmanage -r cache

I second this, the new DP7 has Nvidia and AppleHDA drivers marked as final.

DP6 Nvidia driver 310.40.05b22 (beta 22) and DP7 310.40.05f02 (final 02)

DP6 AppleHDA 2.5.2a61 (alpha 61) and in DP7 2.5.2fc02 (final 02)

I think at least on the drivers side of the system they seems satisfied, the next DP will focus on correct some bugs on the applications side of the system.

Just my opinion

Good Luck

So, no new Nvidia or AppleHDA drivers. As I say before this release is just correcting bug and tuning apps.

GM is near, I think maybe two more builds.

So, no new Nvidia or AppleHDA drivers. As I say before this release is just correcting bug and tuning apps.

GM is near, I think maybe two more builds.

Yep. Since Mavs is said to be released officially in late October, together with the two weeks one beta rule, maybe one more beta and finally comes the GM. :D My guess. LOL