Clover Themes

Slice
1,844 posts in this topic

Hello,

Enjoy two new Clover themes; "Smooth" and "SmoothDark".

Happy hackintosh!  :) (No SourceForge release yet #atm)

#EDIT: Released on SF, but not indexed with CloverThemeManager.app

1. Smooth (Light version):

BNuEYJE.png

2. SmoothDark (as it's name):
wcYFfmF.png

Smooth-Theme-v1.0.zip

SmoothDark-Theme-v1.0.zip

• Like 8

Great work with these themes Badruzeus  :D

With regard to the theme repo since the Sourceforge server migration, it's functioning okay as far as cloning/committing stuff but the backend hooks are not working properly and that's affecting the CloverThemeManager.

When the post-update hook fires after a commit and push we're seeing the following error.

remote: fatal: Unable to create '/git/p/cloverefiboot/themes.git/./index.lock': File exists.

I created a ticket for this which they resolved but the problem has returned. I cannot ssh in to the server to take a look as I currently get the same issue as this ticket. So at the moment, waiting on SF to fix.

In the mean time, if anyone wants to download themes from the repo then the command line option is working.

git archive --remote=git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes HEAD themes/xxxxxx | tar -x
  • Like 2

Hello,

BNuEYJE.png

wcYFfmF.png

Congrats for another awesome theme! I love the dark one!

Question: are the fonts part of the theme itself? Can I have the same font with other themes?

I've used the LightUp theme (congrats to the author) for years now. And I still love it. Probably my favorite theme ever. But the fonts are not as sharp, for some reason. I was wondering if there's any way to have these fonts with that theme... Looks like the font itself might be also different... But I might be wrong. Looks incredibly well in my opinion.

• Like 1

Congrats for another awesome theme! I love the dark one!

Question: are the fonts part of the theme itself? Can I have the same font with other themes?

I've used the LightUp theme (congrats to the author) for years now. And I still love it. Probably my favorite theme ever. But the fonts are not as sharp, for some reason. I was wondering if there's any way to have these fonts with that theme... Looks like the font itself might be also different... But I might be wrong. Looks incredibly well in my opinion.

Try using this. Thanks.  :)

Font_KawkabMono_16pt_White.png.zip

Oops, really sorry for double committing this and this; I previously added "Neon" theme to the repo but strange was; on first succeeded "push" I got no commit msg on SF. I then did "git status" and saw that my local vs remore were divorced for unknown reason. "git pull" suggested me to merge, but after pushing it I get two same commits on SF (And yes, I did "git commit -m" twice with a same msg, I think caused of this. So, it was my mistake).

#EDIT: I remember; when did 1st "push" I by mistake pressing Ctrl+C instead of Cmd+C to copy some messages from Terminal window; my bad..

MacBookPro:cloverefiboot-themes badruzeus$ git push origin master
Password: 
Counting objects: 83, done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (83/83), done.
Writing objects: 100% (83/83), 334.27 KiB | 6.96 MiB/s, done.
Total 83 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: You have permission to modify themes/*
remote: Checking permission to change themes/Neon/theme.plist
^CKilled by signal 2. 

• Like 1

Try using this. Thanks.  :)

Thank you! That worked perfectly!

Also, the font is an image?! I never knew... I wonder how does that even work...

Anyway, now I've got another question, if you don't mind: if I want the original color of the font, I need to edit the png itself and color the letters in that image with the original color?

I'm only curious. As I said, I've never done this before.

Also also...it looks like this theme is using some sort of color transition for the font. From green to blue. Which makes it very interesting to me. I wonder how that has been done.

post-1303722-0-34337300-1519549565.png

• Like 1

Hello,

Very impressive themes. Thanks man :)

Another new simple Clover dark theme; "Neon". Enjoy!  :)

#EDIT: v1.0 is uploaded to the repo. Thanks.

• Like 1

Also, the font is an image?! I never knew... I wonder how does that even work...

Anyway, now I've got another question, if you don't mind: if I want the original color of the font, I need to edit the png itself and color the letters in that image with the original color?

Also also...it looks like this theme is using some sort of color transition for the font. From green to blue. Which makes it very interesting to me. I wonder how that has been done.

FYi, @blackosx has simplified the way for designing a font with his "createFont" script here.

But I use image editor method to produces it with manual allignment and more available effects.

Attached file below is *.psd document with KawkabMono-Font (*.ttf and rasterized version are included as well).

For font's background color; it depends on theme's background color (dark or light).

After U've done with designing; (on this case using Photoshop):

File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy) > PNG-8 (Perceptual, Diffusion, Transparency unchecked)

Use Colors: 256 if font contains gradient (so U don't lost color transition effect) << ofc, a little bit bigger in size.

Use Colors: 16 if font only contains one solid color << for a smaller size.

Image Size in pixels is: 176x288. Then compress *.png with pngquant (IMHO ImageOptim.app GUI is good enough) for even smaller size.

Good luck. :)

#EDIT: I think for gradient effect it's better with per-line on font and not whole font; that's why I rasterized it and made them separated to different layers on the psd. Apply Styles for one of them, Copy-Paste it to another layers.. that is.

Clover-Font-Design.zip

• Like 1

FYi, @blackosx has simplified the way for designing a font with his "createFont" script here.

But I use image editor method to produces it with manual allignment and more available effects.

Attached file below is *.psd document with KawkabMono-Font (*.ttf and rasterized version are included as well).

For font's background color; it depends on theme's background color (dark or light).

After U've done with designing; (on this case using Photoshop):

File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy) > PNG-8 (Perceptual, Diffusion, Transparency unchecked)

Use Colors: 256 if font contains gradient (so U don't lost color transition effect) << ofc, a little bit bigger in size.

Use Colors: 16 if font only contains one solid color << for a smaller size.

Image Size in pixels is: 176x288. Then compress *.png with pngquant (IMHO ImageOptim.app GUI is good enough) for even smaller size.

Good luck. :)

#EDIT: I think for gradient effect it's better with per-line on font and not whole font; that's why I rasterized it and made them separated to different layers on the psd. Apply Styles for one of them, Copy-Paste it to another layers.. that is.

Well, I guess that worked out beautifully.

post-1303722-0-10237800-1519567274_thumb.png

Many, many thanks. :)

post-1303722-0-36375100-1519567388.png

• Like 1

Another new simple Clover dark theme; "Neon". Enjoy! :)

oJCfqk7.png

#EDIT: v1.0 is uploaded to the repo. Thanks.

Can you add DeepinOS icon too .I can add manual icons for different os by setting custom entries for each os but does clover support auto load different os icons and entries ,it currently support for Ubuntu only for me.if you know how to add different icons to different os ,and made clover recognise other os too ,pls elaborate .thanks for awesome theme
  • Like 2

Can you add DeepinOS icon too .I can add manual icons for different is by setting custom entries for each os but does clover support auto load different os icons and entries ,it currently support for Ubuntu only for me.if you know how to add different icons to different os ,and made clover recognise other os too ,pls elaborate .thanks for awesome theme

Hello,

here's "os_deepin.icns" as ur request.

To make it appears on Clover GUI (w/o Custom Entry), try providing us with ur EFI structure of deepin bootloader here (screenshot, etc). Thanks.  :)

os_deepin.icns.zip

• Like 1

Hello,

To make it appears on Clover GUI, try giving ur EFI structure of deepin bootloader here (screenshot, etc). Thanks. :)

Cool will try ,out of curiosity ,how you make neon icons .

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Hello,

To make it appears on Clover GUI (w/o Custom Entry), try providing us with ur EFI structure of deepin bootloader here (screenshot, etc). Thanks. :)

There is nothing different than Ubuntu or any other Linux distro ,it's pseudo grub.cfg config redirect config to its installed partition /boot/grub/grub.cfg ,there is a 'deepin' named folder created by it in efi folder beside 'ubuntu' which contains grubx64.efi and pseudo grub.cfg file.clover just has to detect 'deepin' folder like 'ubuntu' folder in efi folder of efi partition (esp).

Note:- folder name is case-sensitive ,BTW ,I am currently boot phoenix is with systemd.efi method to add custom entry .Any better suggestion for phoenix ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cool will try ,out of curiosity ,how you make neon icons .

Simple glowing effect with PS or GiMP did the trick; but since the OuterGlow has color gradient; we make them separated to different Layers. Just apply Styles to layer, Select pixels, rasterize it, cut selected pixels, then re-apply gradient for OuterGlow. That is.  ^_^

iUdaTe5.jpg

• Like 2

SourceForge is down actually  :)

Yeah, I think the idea here was to reupload the actual theme somewhere else (in this case he suggested to attach it to a post on the forum, but that might be too big, I don't know how big is Nightwish (the theme) :)) ) so he can download it from there. :) Or...at least I think that was the idea. Could be wrong.

And I would actually like to give that a try, as well, if somebody has it.

At some point, I had the entire repo downloaded offline. But I don't anymore. Cause otherwise I would have uploaded it myself.

• Like 2