Clover Themes

Slice
1,844 posts in this topic

I'll take a look on it, but I think need @xenatt permission to make change for this theme on repo.

If you have permission for the whole repo (which you do) then edit it appropriately to make a standard of themes, you know? Once their theme is added to the repo it is now part of the project and may be changed appropriately for updating/standardizing.

EDIT: You can always ask him though, and maybe he will have a different change to make it more visible and easier to read the text.

• Like 3

Well, it maybe sounds funny especially after I've uploaded many themes on the repo.

But this was my question since long time ago (oh not so long, just 2 years ago when I started using Clover for 1st time);

"Which one is Clover official logo, left or right one?". I remember it changed soon after SF used a new web interface.

Thanks.

GYpUYQv.jpg

#EDIT: Not so important bcoz user could replace it to another one, or even delete it (I mean, logo.png on Clover theme). But, I just wanna standarize my uploaded themes on the repo so it's not confusing some users.

Good question.

There's no clear answer really.

I was going to point you to a link at the projectosx archives but it seems the links are no longer working. I did archive the files though so the download link at the foot still works. 

Kabyl originally suggested the name Clover and the use of the four leaf clover icon.

post-331032-0-08708300-1518338301_thumb.png

The idea was then put forward to include the word clover to the icon.

post-331032-0-30009100-1518338469_thumb.png

Then I remember creating this version.

post-331032-0-42262000-1518338508_thumb.png

Here's what I was using in 2012

post-331032-0-01608200-1518338949_thumb.jpg

But it's Slice's project and his metal theme uses this

post-331032-0-73126800-1518339091.png

And then Sourceforge uses this

post-331032-0-04329900-1518339202.png

A single logo to unify everything would be good and I vote to use the design you've come up with which you use in your themes. It's clean, simple and modern. :D

• Like 3

There's no clear answer really.

I was going to point you to a link at the projectosx archives but it seems the links are no longer working. I did archive the files though so the download link at the foot still works. 

A single logo to unify everything would be good and I vote to use the design you've come up with which you use in your themes. It's clean, simple and modern. :D

@blackosx,

Thanks for the link, I should give my respects to all of them; my bad is know nothing about the history.

IMHO my created logo version was for "design concept" only (not an idea), to make my themes become different and I never intended to change the official logo of the project.

I my self, am lack of consistency with that design concept..  :angel: that's why I'm asking about these fyi

Badruzeus, I like your version with the four loops but modified into a knot but I think one color more like a clover would be sufficient. Make up some mockups guys, you can change stuff, especially you blackosx, you can modify the sourceforge page (just don't go getting crazy). Plus I want to see some of what you guys come up with first before I let you go drinking and hunting on four wheelers, haha.

EDIT: I {censored}ed that grammar up badly.

EDIT2: I should also say I like the four cornered clover leafs without the stem though too....

• Like 2

Badruzeus, I like your version with the four loops but modified into a knot but I think one color more like a clover would be sufficient.

Thanks, BTW I redesigned the default ⌘ modifier key into a knot after reading this wiki for using on my themes.

(I re-open my Sept. '17 archive) There're another three different design concepts that I've found from some unicode fonts.

About logo color, IMHO #4caf50 (Material's Green color) is suitable for light, gray or even dark background (SS: Top Right).  :)

6YOg0KU.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks, BTW I redesigned the default ⌘ modifier key into a knot after reading this wiki for using on my themes.

(I re-open my Sept. '17 archive) There're another three different design concepts that I've found from some unicode fonts.

About logo color, IMHO #4caf50 (Material's Green color) is suitable for light, gray or even dark background (SS: Top Right).  :)

I'm not sure where that link to the wiki was supposed to go, but it points to the image. I like the color of the top right one like you said but I'd like to see the top left, top right, and a size between in that color (like the strokes)? Also there is nothing wrong with have an icon style image and a banner image, so having both is fine, the loops/knots can be used for the 'o' in clover.

• Like 1

I'm not sure where that link to the wiki was supposed to go, but it points to the image. I like the color of the top right one like you said but I'd like to see the top left, top right, and a size between in that color (like the strokes)? Also there is nothing wrong with have an icon style image and a banner image, so having both is fine, the loops/knots can be used for the 'o' in clover.

Oops, sorry it was my mistake with a wrong link; edited lol. I thought bcoz now is 1:xx am on my place, so I'll try different combinations tomorrow. Thanks.

Badruzeus, I like your version with the four loops but modified into a knot but I think one color more like a clover would be sufficient.

There're another three different design concepts that I've found from some unicode fonts.

Yep. The top right one is great :)

Make up some mockups guys, you can change stuff, especially you blackosx, you can modify the sourceforge page (just don't go getting crazy). Plus I want to see some of what you guys come up with first before I let you go drinking and hunting on four wheelers, haha.

Ha ha :)

Good design should be simple, especially for logos, so I would leave it at that top right one that Badruzeus has show in his spoiler and not over complicate it. It's instantly recognisable and can be easily re-coloured for different applications, like white out for a mono design or tinted back for installer backgrounds.

I unfortunately cannot devote much time to this presently as all my free time is currently being taken up with another project, though of course I'll help when time allows with stuff like applying the logo to SF etc. Having said that Badruzeus has proved himself as a graphic designer with great attention for detail and I'm inclined to trust his skill so if he want's to pursue some different designs then great, but while different designs could be drawn up I think we'll ultimately return to something like this design anyway because it's clean, simple and modern as I said before plus it's also staying true to the original Clover logo from back in the day.

Regards

(Always lurking just not always replying)

• Like 2

Uhmb, I have 2 designs concept atm;

1. Mac app inspired, but IMHO it' s suitable for an icon. However it has more than one colors (gradient) and shadow effect as we could see on AppStore.icns, iBooks.icns, etc.

2. Material design with long shadow effect for main symbol.

XUSdLbg.png

#EDIT: SF screenshot is for preview only.

• Like 1

Can you actually combine them? Like the colors and styling of the bottom with the circle, not sure about gradient, can you do with/without gradient?

w/o gradient and shadow effect arround the layer.

(also thanks @MICKHAEL for similar idea  :) )

post-826765-0-69882400-1518630459.png

• Like 2

Haha that was fast.... I think I like that styling the best. However, for some reason the site doesn't have a transparent background for the icon.... 

EDIT: Also it's 90 x 90... lol

EDIT2: I opened a ticket on sourceforge to see if they can allow changing the icon background with the new styling they have, it's set to white by default and you can't change it....

EDIT3: Can you make this an SVG?

• Like 2

I prefer the Orinal Clover Logo on SF

Why command Key ?

Thi is my suggestion  :) AppleLife and Insanelymac on the Logo

LoL, but U're also using "Command" key on ur logo concept (bottom right) :D .

I think we just guessing @apianti for Clover v3 with another new thing, perhaps? Besides vectorized icons for GUI, duno why it seems we need to also make the logo simpler (though I still not hear yet what @Slice think about this).

Haha that was fast.... I think I like that styling the best. However, for some reason the site doesn't have a transparent background for the icon.... 

Yeah, that's why I replaced the transparency with #333333 solid background.

• Like 1

I prefer the Orinal Clover Logo on SF

Why command Key ?

Thi is my suggestion  :) AppleLife and Insanelymac on the Logo

That is actually the original clover logo, the command key, because it looks like a four leaf clover. I mean there is a post explaining it like a few back, from projectosx. There's nothing wrong with using the clover in themes and stuff still but I want to make all the basic stuff look exactly the same.

LoL, but U're also using "Command" key on ur logo concept (bottom right) :D .

I think we just guessing @apianti for Clover v3 with another new thing, perhaps? Besides vectorized icons for GUI, duno why it seems we need to also make the logo simpler (though I still not hear yet what @Slice think about this).

Yeah, that's why I replaced the transparency with #333333 solid background.

Haha read my edits. Yeah might have to have that dark color as background for the site, but that's stupid...

EDIT: That does not work either because it still puts a weird border around it then....

• Like 1

Haha read my edits. Yeah might have to have that dark color as background for the site, but that's stupid...

EDIT: That does not work either because it still puts a weird border around it then....

Duno why my PSD keep crashing when I try exporting my design to *.svg, using illustrator I was able to.. but I lost shadow effect.

Clover-Command-Logo-01.svg.zip