Clover Themes

Slice
1,844 posts in this topic

On 6/17/2018 at 1:31 AM, arsradu said:

I see! I'm currently on a 2K display. So I guess I don't need 256 version (it looks way too big on my monitor, and now I understand why).

Hi, I just updated Nightwish theme with smaller icons for MainEntries. But since I've gotten problem when it syncing on server...

remote:  4 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

remote:  rewrite themes/Nightwish/screenshot.png (99%)

remote:  rewrite themes/Nightwish256/screenshot.png (99%)

remote: Syncing themes theme.git's

remote: Theme /Nightwish/ was changed - Syncing

remote: Recreating themes/Nightwish/theme.git

// Stuck here for almost an hour WTFFun.

... so plz use git to download the latest version. Thanks

cd ~/Desktop && git archive --remote=git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes HEAD themes/Nightwish | tar -x -v

Tkbxncz.png

Edited by Badruzeus

2 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Hi, I just updated Nightwish theme with smaller icons for MainEntries. But since I've gotten problem when it syncing on server...

Reveal hidden contents

remote:  4 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

remote:  rewrite themes/Nightwish/screenshot.png (99%)

remote:  rewrite themes/Nightwish256/screenshot.png (99%)

remote: Syncing themes theme.git's

remote: Theme /Nightwish/ was changed - Syncing

remote: Recreating themes/Nightwish/theme.git

// Stuck here for almost an hour WTFFun.

... so plz use git to download the latest version. Thanks

cd ~/Desktop && git archive --remote=git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes HEAD themes/Nightwish | tar -x -v

Tkbxncz.png

You know what's funny? I was just about to redownload it to see if anything changed. When I saw your post and thought I'd stop by to see what's new. LOL

So yeah, I'll let you know in a second.

Update: yep, definitely better. :) Thank you very much!

Now, I was wondering, did you also change the size of the selection circle? Cause, now since the icons are smaller, that circle looks bigger. :)) I'm sure it's probably the same size as before. But, by comparison, it looks larger.

Also, one suggestion, of course, if you think works for this theme...is maybe to remove the circle altogether and keep the selection by just changing the color of the icon from grey to white...? Would that be too..."minimalistic"? :)) Actually, I'm looking for a very minimalistic theme for so long. There was one someone posted a screenshot of...I don't remember the name. But the original author took it off. And it was a pretty old theme anyway. But it was perfect in my opinion. 

I'm sorry if this is somehow coming as rude from my side. I assure you it's not my intention. And, as I said before, you are the artist here. Not me. I'm just a guy with a personal preference. Might work or might not work for this case. So you don't have to take my feedback into account if you think it's not appropriate for this theme or if you simply have another vision for it. It's perfectly fine with me. And I do appreciate the awesome work you've done and continue doing here. :)

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/21/2017 at 1:07 PM, arabesc said:

I have an issue with themes that have a fullscreen scaled background picture. Each such background is splitted in a half. It's better to show how it looks on the screenshots.

I'm using Clover r4259. Is it a bug?

post-1719952-0-30724700-1508551302_thumb.png

post-1719952-0-14338400-1508551311_thumb.png

post-1719952-0-01220200-1508551320_thumb.png

Wow! What are those beautiful themes? :) Please tell me the names!

3 hours ago, zpoo32 said:

Wow! What are those beautiful themes? :) Please tell me the names!

First one is HighSierra by Badruzeus

Second one is BeautyDark by Badruzeus

Third one I don't know... Still looking. Will update the post when I find it.

Update: third one looks like One by Badruzeus. Probably a slightly different background, but that's the one. Literally. :))

Edited by arsradu
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, arsradu said:

First one is HighSierra by Badruzeus

Second one is BeautyDark by Badruzeus

Third one I don't know... Still looking. Will update the post when I find it.

Update: third one looks like One by Badruzeus. Probably a slightly different background, but that's the one. Literally. :))

Thank you! :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 4:30 PM, arsradu said:

@Badruzeus I was about to drop you a line about the Nightwish theme and the new Mojave for which the drives were not recognised as OS. 

I'm a bit confused.

Now I understand what did you mean with this issue; yes.. I'm confusing too, why if boot with Clover Legacy Mojave uses os_moja.icns (properly) but with UEFI, it uses os_mac.icns (or not recognized?). FYI, I just migrated to UEFI recently on my laptop (sig) but maybe will rolled back to Legacy soon (bit offTopic here) bcoz some strange behavior with not loaded Lilu & it's plugins (legacy work just fine on my mach). Thanks.

screenshot1.png

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Now I understand what did you mean with this issue; yes.. I'm confusing too, why if boot with Clover Legacy Mojave uses os_moja.icns (properly) but with UEFI, it uses os_mac.icns (or not recognized?). FYI, I just migrated to UEFI recently on my laptop (sig) but maybe will rolled back to Legacy (bit offTopic here) bcoz some strange behavior with not loaded Lilu & it's plugins (legacy work just fine). Thanks.

screenshot1.png

If you're on Mojave, don't forget to add -lilubetall to your boot args. :)

I see no other reason why it wouldn't be loaded... Works fine here.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, arsradu said:

If you're on Mojave, don't forget to add -lilubetall to your boot args. :)

I see no other reason why it wouldn't be loaded... Works fine here.

Spoiler

I got problem with Lilu & PlugIns, only on UEFI 10.11.6 (15G22010) with or w/o -lilubetaall. With Mojave all are just fine (Legacy/UEFI). Ha haa, my bad.. I feel like an oldstyle one whom just tried UEFI on 2018 #LoL.

Thanks. So, your issue about GUI with Clover UEFI is same with mine; Clover doesn't point macOS Mojave to os_moja.icns properly. But, I have no idea why.. sorry.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a list on how clover match a given boot with the icons? I see there are a bunch of icons on each theme, not sure how they are detected nor how to modify them.

Great work on Nightwish256! I'm using it on a 1440p screen and it looks great. I can also help identifying issues with themes on 1440p if needed.

• Like 1

Still have no idea why using Clover UEFI, almost all of my themes are look terrible. Below is "Smooth" theme, but it looks properly if using Legacy. I use "AptioMemoryFix + CsmVideoDxe" drivers64UEFI. My Nvidia vesa is limited to 1360 on Clover GUI, w/o Csm~ it shown properly, but stuck at max. 1024 disp reso. :rofl:

screenshot0.png

1 hour ago, Badruzeus said:

Still have no idea why using Clover UEFI, almost all of my themes are look terrible. Below is "Smooth" theme, but it looks properly if using Legacy. I use "AptioMemoryFix + CsmVideoDxe" drivers64UEFI. My Nvidia vesa is limited to 1360 on Clover GUI, w/o Csm~ it shown properly, but stuck at max. 1024 disp reso. :rofl:

Hi

According of different web site, GT 520 don't supported UEFI mode. Sorry, I don't known if I understand well or not: In found that for patchVBIOS, below:

Spoiler

55 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

According of different web site, GT 520 don't supported UEFI mode. Sorry, I don't known if I understand well or not: In found that for patchVBIOS, below:

Reveal hidden contents

Uhmb, but strange is.. all are fine if boot with Clover UEFI over USB..!!! GUI is ok, Themes rsc are good, Lilu is loaded, Csm also works well. So, I did full erased my Internal ESP, install Clover for UEFI only, moving USB contents to ESP, then voilla.. issues are occurred again. Already tried with diff. Clover revs, with same result. Really strange.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

(I just wiped my whole disk to figuring out what caused prev. strange issue with this, but nope.. EFI ef00, pure gpt, hybird gpt, whatever gpt I still get this issue if booting from internal EFI. But it shown properly fine from USB Clover [UEFI]. .though my GF119 is not UEFI capable graphics (with or w/o CSM got same problem). I even flashed my BIOS twice for this, as well as fully disassembled my machine).

Try not using Custom Entries, does os_moja shown properly?

No luck even with out custom entry.

screenshot1.png

• Sad 1

Hi guys,

I was wondering, could anyone make a dark/black version of this theme? Simple black and white theme, nothing fancy. Same design, just different background, and white icons & text?

And would it be compatible with the latest Clover versions? Not necessary svg version, since I'm sure that will probably take a lot of effort and the implementation of svg themes is not yet ready on Clover side either. But just...regular theme.

687474703a2f2f692e696d67626f782e636f6d2f346773734c6453492e706e67.thumb.png.4bea6adf1a563e1deccc9854a3355e8d.png

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 2

This is a really long thread so forgive me if this issue was addressed somewhere else in this thread.  

I have tried several different themes hoping that I could see a badge over my recovery volumes (I have one shown for each partition that has macOS on it.)  None of them show up like they used to (a long time ago.)

Is there some change that causes the theme not to use the vol_recovery.icns?  The same is true with os_recovery.icns.  If I disable badges or swap them, my recovery volumes are not recognized as recovery volumes - only as macOS volumes.  Thanks for your help.

Edited by mnfesq
  • Like 1

@Badruzeus great themes you have here!

The *only* thing missing (especially from the DarkBoot/DarkBootX themes, among others) is an icon for Antergos. There's Arch Linux and Manjaro icons, but no Antergos.

Example: https://www.shoplinuxonline.com/media/catalog/product/cache/8/image/650x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/a/n/antergos.sh_1.png

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Awesome Donkey said:

The *only* thing missing (especially from the DarkBoot/DarkBootX themes, among others) is an icon for Antergos. There's Arch Linux and Manjaro icons, but no Antergos.

Can you give me EFI structure of Antergos? For example, Ubuntu:

\EFI\ubuntu\grubx64.efi

Thanks. :)