OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

iSight -> it did work for sure under Yosemite ... Haven't plugged it in in a long while

Are you sure about ... The F2N BIOS cannot boot OS X natively.

Least resistance -> Latest BIOS, GTX 700 series (no web drivers required) connection thru Dual-Link DVI

My bad... I'm running H3A.1307271205.

I've upgraded to Sierra successfully using elviejo's ROM and booted using internal HDMI graphics BUT I cannot boot using my external graphics card a GTX 760. I have followed the BIOS settings for OSX/LINUX (which I haven't had to use for years) but still no go. Can anyone help here?

Hi All

Quick question which I think I know the answer to if I update to the mac mini xmas Rom do I need to clear all of my nvram vlaues eg: serial number. If so whats the best way to get messages/facetime working again? Also is it really worth it is macOS Sierra any good. Maybe wait for 10.12.1? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks

I think the best solution is to have a Defaults.plist with all your preferred settings in EFI/Oz. Then, when you load a new BIOS, you can do Cmd-Option-P-R to load the contents of the Defaults.plist into NVRAM. That way you're never bothered by whatever the BIOS defaults are. Do the same to make it pick up any changes in your Defaults.plist.

After update to Sierra, with Elvejo's BIOS, no input or output sound devices, although bdmesg shows all the right stuff going on. Kextloading slice's new 2.8.9 VoodooHDA gets it working.

Did you reboot again and check?. Usually it is no sound on the first boot, but everything load ok after second reboot.

Hey guys,

I need some emergency help. I was booted in my mavericks partition then tried restarting then booting into my El Capitan partition. When I restarted, I had a message from the quo board saying that the bios needed to be set back to factory defaults ( or something like that). I figured it was a bios crash. I reset the bios and then tried booting into El Capitan. When the boot screen came up for El Capitan, the computer would either restart as soon as the apple load screen came up or I would not get a loading progress bar and it would hang there. Odd thing is that I can still boot up in the Mavericks partition.. Ive tried resetting NVRAM also with no luck.

Not sure what is going on but if anyone could help me out, I would love you forever..

Edit: I just did a complete reinstall of El Capitan and still had issues booting with Ozmosis, same issue as above. I was able to boot the volume with clover though... Anyone know what I can do to get Ozmosis to boot the OS?

Hey guys,

I need some emergency help. I was booted in my mavericks partition then tried restarting then booting into my El Capitan partition. When I restarted, I had a message from the quo board saying that the bios needed to be set back to factory defaults ( or something like that). I figured it was a bios crash. I reset the bios and then tried booting into El Capitan. When the boot screen came up for El Capitan, the computer would either restart as soon as the apple load screen came up or I would not get a loading progress bar and it would hang there. Odd thing is that I can still boot up in the Mavericks partition.. Ive tried resetting NVRAM also with no luck.

Not sure what is going on but if anyone could help me out, I would love you forever..

Edit: I just did a complete reinstall of El Capitan and still had issues booting with Ozmosis, same issue as above. I was able to boot the volume with clover though... Anyone know what I can do to get Ozmosis to boot the OS?

SIP ....

Boot from RecoveryHD and then in Terminal

csrutil enable --without nvram

if you have non-signed kexts

csrutil enable --without nvram --without kext

Hey guys,

Try to disable sip : recovery partition -> terminal -> csr disable

SIP ....

Boot from RecoveryHD and then in Terminal

csrutil enable --without nvram

if you have non-signed kexts

csrutil enable --without nvram --without kext

This worked! 

Odd that this whole time having SIP disabled was working on boot. I wonder what changed for me to have to reenable it. 

Thank you!

Installed sierra. So what you need to install it?

you must flush the H2O 1671 ROM otherwise sierra will stuck on boot processing.

you must install the second macOS that can boot with no sip e.g. yosemite to disable SIP

you must simulate iMac because the minimac cannot use pluggable video card

maybe you need a partition to make a installation source.

LOL So many tried