OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

That is what I asked you.

1. You have asked him to patch a ROM. The ROM attached had Oz RELEASE.

2. He uploaded the patched ROM. The ROM attached had Oz RELEASE.

3. You uploaded the ROM, saying you only changed the sysdef. The ROM attached had Oz DEBUG.

Don't ask me how this happened, I verified it 3 times to be absolutely sure.

EDIT: What I said is true for yesterday... he might have originally uploaded a ROM with Oz DEBUG and later replaced it with a RELEASE ROM. I can't know.

That is what I asked you.

1. You have asked him to patch a ROM. The ROM attached had Oz RELEASE.

2. He uploaded the patched ROM. The ROM attached had Oz RELEASE.

3. You uploaded the ROM, saying you only changed the sysdef. The ROM attached had Oz DEBUG.

Don't ask me how this happened, I verified it 3 times to be absolutely sure.

EDIT: What I said is true for yesterday... he might have originally uploaded a ROM with Oz DEBUG and later replaced it with a RELEASE ROM. I can't know.

How this affect my rig?

Maybe before posting is best to verify what I said.

Like DownloadFritz said, the link I suggested to use in my post is the original Ozmosis X-MASS RELEASE with Sierra patch made by cecekpawon and "aproved" to be released.

What caught my attention was the bdmesg post by InteliMac Pro.

The rest you can investigate by yourself, extracting Ozmosis from BIOS'es that are floating around in this topic lately and checking with hex editor for DEBUG...

Yeah I had no idea. I couldn't boot with the patched xmas bios, but I could with the Mac mini bios. I figured it was the same bios with a different sysdef. I'm gonna give the patched xmas one a try again. This one works great except when I restart (via menu or case button) on startup the display comes on but hangs at a black screen before the board info even comes up (with the sata info before f12 option or Apple boot logo). I have to either shutdown from menu or hold the power button down to kill it.

Quite simple, use it at your own risk, or flash a RELEASE ROM. Not all experimental changes are tested in depth while in pre-release stage, obviously.

What I did now, go to the Quos wiki page and download the 167x-XMASS from that link, go to the post of cecepawn and download the Oz.ffs ( the same THe King linked ) convert the Mac mini Server 2012 Defaults.plist to OzmosisDefaults.ffs, patched the 167x-XMASS downloaded with the Oz.ffs and the OzmosisDefaults.ffs and flash my rig with it...everything is working the same. By the way I extracted the Oz.ffs from the file deemed DEBUG and checked with Hex Editor and didn't find any debug anywhere. I ask if it is OK to post the new made ROM here and if Download-Fritz could make me the favor to check it, I will appreciated. :)

IMHO, you (or others) are free to post any new QUO rom (mod) package as long as you kept the version number as is to avoid confusion among people. Just label it "Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.OZ167X-MASS-SIERRA-V1" / "base on ..." for example. No need to change/replace anything (including default.plist) except Ozmosis.ffs to boot 10.12.

This is great! So I read the above post about replacing "Ozmosis.ffs" to boot into 10.12. Where can I find that and where does the file need to be directed to? I assume that ill be able to boot Sierra and El Capitan with a partitioned hard drive?

Thanks for the hard work that was put into making this!

This is great! So I read the above post about replacing "Ozmosis.ffs" to boot into 10.12. Where can I find that and where does the file need to be directed to? I assume that ill be able to boot Sierra and El Capitan with a partitioned hard drive?

Thanks for the hard work that was put into making this!

You can find the file and the way to mod on the Ozmosis tread and yes you can use it to boot El Capitan with F12 at boot.

Third post... I'm looking for recommendations on the best upgrade path to Sierra and running a dual-boot 10.9.5/10.12 system at 2560 x 1440.

I originally posted this in it's own thread but it was suggested I put it here.

Background

I'm a long-time Quo user running F2N starting with 10.7.x and upgraded without incident thru 10.9.5. The only thing that is not plain vanilla is that I've had to patch audio kexts and I use a Bluetooth dongle. No bootloaders. No nothing. I've read most of this thread and have a few questions about upgrading. I'm currently running Core i7 3770 w/16G RAM and integrated HD 4000 graphics pushing dual 24" monitors via DVI and HDMI at 1920x1080. I was never able to get the mDP ports to work reliably. They DID work, but I don't remember the details of the problems I had. My main drives are all internal SSD (3) with extra storage on internal/external spinning rust drives. No fusion drives. 

Goals
  • Be able to run 10.9.5 on my existing SSD (development/testing purposes).
  • Be able to run 10.12 as my main system on another SSD. Not sure if I'll clone/upgrade or do a clean install.
  • I need to run both 10.9.5 and 10.12 at 2560 x 1440 -- I just picked up a 32" HP monitor to run alone without a second monitor. From what I've read I need to do this via mDP, which currently does not work at 2560 x 1440 under my current setup. I don't care if it's via HD 4000 or if I have to buy an new nVidia card to make this work. I want the path of least resistance and I need it to work under 10.9.5 and 10.12. I suppose having a decent nVidia card might make video editing work less painful, so there's that.
  • Having the latest/greatest/fastest is NOT a goal.

I'm Assuming
  • I'll need to flash up to the latest BIOS (H20.167X-MASS) -- with this give me any problems with 10.9.5?
  • I'll need to run video via mDP/DP for it to work at this resolution?
  • Maybe installing a dedicated graphics card might be easier all around?

I'm hoping someone can give me some good advice that's running a similar setup?

Hey

So my webcam broke and I figured I'd give an old external iSight a try. Plugged it into the firewire port and I get nothing. I've never used the firewire port, but as far as I know it should be functional, right? I guess I'm just wondering if A) the firewire port should work, B )  if it works under Sierra, or C) if the external iSights are SOL under Sierra or earlier versions of OS X. It could also be that the iSight is just broken. I don't have any other firewire peripherals to test the port, but the firewire bus is showing up in System Profiler. I'm mostly just wondering if I'm wasting my time with it. I sure do miss the nice industrial design it has. I don't really care about the image quality, but it'd be nice to be able to use Siri.

iSight -> it did work for sure under Yosemite ... Haven't plugged it in in a long while

Background

I'm a long-time Quo user running F2N starting with 10.7.x and upgraded without incident thru 10.9.5. The only thing that is not plain vanilla is that I've had to patch audio kexts and I use a Bluetooth dongle. No bootloaders. No nothing.

Are you sure about ... The F2N BIOS cannot boot OS X natively.

Third post... I'm looking for recommendations on the best upgrade path to Sierra and running a dual-boot 10.9.5/10.12 system at 2560 x 1440.

I'm hoping someone can give me some good advice that's running a similar setup?

Least resistance -> Latest BIOS, GTX 700 series (no web drivers required) connection thru Dual-Link DVI

• Like 1

10.11.6 Audio works all the time , Video -> Works only if you open the lens BEFORE logging in, once logged on it works as it is supposed to do. 

Brb .. going to test Sierra

Sierra PB -> Same behaviour EXCEPT Messages and FaceTime doesn't want to use it as a camera .. You can prove that the camera works by going into System Preferences and taking a pic of yourself.  Heck there is not even an Audio/Video tab in Messages Preferences (or is it only me ?)

Well, it's more than I get. I'll see how it goes with the new cable and thunderbolt adapter on the off chance this firewire cable is bad, but it's probably just a dead camera. Even if it works, sounds like it's not really functional under Sierra. Disappointing but I suppose it's to be expected. It's decade-old tech, after all. Guess I'll have to buy an ugly but superior current webcam.

Thanks for checking it out for me. Much appreciated.

As @THe KiNG

said: 

There will be no more Ozmosis release.

Development of Ozmosis is currently in frozen state, all efforts are guided to Ozmosis open source successor: Open Core.

When that will happen(release) only time can tell, and guess someone maybe will prepare a BIOS for this board as for others.

Just a hint, keep your nVidia cards and ditch ATI. There will be also a release of full UEFI nVidia GOP driver based on reversed apple rom as other UEFI rom's.