OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Thanks for the help offered. Mine is XFX 5770 Device Id: 1002 68B8. 2 DVI 1 DP 1 HDMI. Are you able to boot single screen with the external card only and BIOS set for initial display first=Auto?

Same  setup and device id as mine. Both i\Init Display first and Internal Graphice are Auto, IGPU 32M, DVMT Max. I'm using both DVI connectors, but have a screen that can take HDMI as well. It boots fine with just one DVI connection (the one on the main plate). Any combination you want me to try?

Same  setup and device id as mine. Both i\Init Display first and Internal Graphice are Auto, IGPU 32M, DVMT Max. I'm using both DVI connectors, but have a screen that can take HDMI as well. It boots fine with just one DVI connection (the one on the main plate). Any combination you want me to try?

I haven't try it yet on Sierra EC only, but I doubt it the results would be different. Do you have the default settings in the bios or you have changed something? What computer personality are you using MacPro or Imac?

BIOS changes - I'm using the Sierra modded version courtesy of elviejo. I just have optimised defaults with an overclocked i5-3570k, overclocked RAM to 1867, Virtualisation Tech. for Parallels (no VT-d with an i5). Legacy boot  and I think that's it.

What do you have in BIOS for OS type and CSM Support?

Now I had overclocked core i7 to 4GHz and Memory to 1600MHz my system with MacMiniserver bios and Yosemite. Still working very well. 

I am still some help about the best BIOS for Sierra and external NVIDIA card. Someone informed that elviejo modded bios works out of the box. Can someone confirm it please ?

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-30%20at%2021.04.

What do you have in BIOS for OS type and CSM Support?

OS Type is Other OS, don't have a CSM option. If you mean Internal Graphics Standy Mode and Deep Standy Mode, they are both enabled as per default. My Defaults.plist is set up for an Imac 13,1 late 2012 27".

@Toastie Have you verified that your MLB serial is a vaild iMac Serial ?

Hey, sorry for the slow reply, I don't get a lot of time to work on this.  In any case, I believe the serial is valid.  Output of '4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB' gives me a 17 digit number, the first 12 digits are a valid serial number based on the tool at EveryMac.com.  It checks out as a late 2012 iMac 27".  I recall using an app to generate the number for a model similar to the hardware I have.

Hey, sorry for the slow reply, I don't get a lot of time to work on this.  In any case, I believe the serial is valid.  Output of '4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB' gives me a 17 digit number, the first 12 digits are a valid serial number based on the tool at EveryMac.com.  It checks out as a late 2012 iMac 27".  I recall using an app to generate the number for a model similar to the hardware I have.

Review carefully your Defaults.plist, there might be a simple typo that prevents it from being set right

Now I had overclocked core i7 to 4GHz and Memory to 1600MHz my system with MacMiniserver bios and Yosemite. Still working very well. 

I am still some help about the best BIOS for Sierra and external NVIDIA card. Someone informed that elviejo modded bios works out of the box. Can someone confirm it please ?

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-30%20at%2021.04.

Sorry guys, been afk a lot lately ..

What you call 'ElvieJo modded BIOS' is in fact the XMAS BIOS patched for Sierra with a built-in Defaults.plist set as MacMini 6,2.

It works. You may need to customize your Defaults.plist depending on specific needs and hardware.

Have you tried to disable Nvidia Injection ?

In Terminal ...

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableNvidiaInjection=%01

and Restart

• Like 1

Since the macOS Update my bluetooth card lost it's function.

Only the WLAN module works fine out of box.

I own following PCIe module:
BT: BCM94360CD

WLAN: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0

I have the card installed on the second x1 slot (below gpu).

My system definition is: iMac 13,1

In the systemprofiler under USB I can't see the bluetooth card.

The card only works actually under Windows 10.

What I have already tried:

• Install a fresh copy of El Capitan/macOS Sierra
  • Install the card in the x8 slot
    --> WLAN also lost it function
  • Renaming USB ports through DSDT patch
  • Remove plists file to reset the BT adapter
  • BrcmPatch

But the bluetooth still not work...

Brcmpatch I have already removed because the card should work OOB imho.

I've plugged the USB connector in F_USB1.

I think you mean with no DSDT, the vanilla DSDT.

DSDT is used always ;)

The DSDT patch only renames EHC1 and EHC1 to EH01 and EH02.
After applying USBInjectAllKext to L/E bluetooth works fine.

Yes I meant vanilla .. On El Cap & Sierra Apple imposed some USB ports restrictions for some models. F_USB3 is not the target of those restrictions.

On El Cap, you can use the kexts I posted here to remove restrictions (if you need those ports). I haven't published for Sierra yet since I have not upgraded.

• Like 1

if you plug the USB connector into FUSB_3, you don't need any kext, don't need to rename ports in DSDT either.

If you want to use FUSB_1 or F_USB2 you have to remove port restrictions (or change your System Definition to Mac Mini 6,2 on which Apple imposes no restrictions)... I had already made the 'DummyKext' for El Capitan saving you the trouble (don't install it on Sierra. it will not work).

Why not use USBInjectAll.kext.. Rehabman the creators of the kext advise against using it as a remedy, he created it so you can debug/investigate what you had to do to remove port restrictions; I will not debate on his wisdom's he is a lot more knowledgeable than me on these matters.

That being said, you are free to do whatever you will....

If you wanna look at the whole thread about 'lost USB ports' it start at page #135 and goes on and on ...

Review carefully your Defaults.plist, there might be a simple typo that prevents it from being set right

Sorry guys, been afk a lot lately ..

What you call 'ElvieJo modded BIOS' is in fact the XMAS BIOS patched for Sierra with a built-in Defaults.plist set as MacMini 6,2.

It works. You may need to customize your Defaults.plist depending on specific needs and hardware.

Have you tried to disable Nvidia Injection ?

In Terminal ...

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableNvidiaInjection=%01

and Restart

Friends, Good Morning for all.

Now I have my system QUO working out of the box with MacMiniServer Bios and  SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 TRI-X WITH BOOST (UEFI)  external Video Card like this working . No problems at all with fresh installation from USB. Core i7 overclocked to 4.3GHz and memory 1600MHz . Very fast and stable. 

Thanks all for usual help.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-09%20at%2010.30.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-09%20at%2010.30.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-09%20at%2010.33.

Hi All,

Well ... After long time tests I can confirm that we have just problems with wakeup after sleep mode and sometimes after shutdown the motherboard power on again (do not stay in power off mode). Still trying to find a solution. Helps will be very much appreciated.

Thanks all in advance

Best regards from Rio de Janeiro 

Hmm.  As has been said on Mythbusters:  "Well, there's your problem".  I don't seem to have one.  Should be in /efi/efi/oz on the boot device, correct?

Not necesarilty ... but if you want a foolproof 100% garanteed to be in the right place...  I will say it like this.

It should be placed in /EFI/Oz on the EFI partition of the drive that is plugged into the port labeled SATA3 , connector 0 on the motherboard (re-using image that I had posted from the 'missing USB ports' saga ..)

Headers.png

• Like 1

Gennerally caused by NVRAM corruption.. Clearing nvram usuallly fix this.

Hi IronManJFF . Thanks again for your continued support. Tried to reset NVRAM via keyboard key Option+Command+R+P  unsuccessful . Can I try BIOS CMOS reset ??  Thanks in advance . 

Doesn't hurt  ... but note that clearing CMOS will also clear BIOS configuration. So if you have anything that is not 'default value'  (like Intel Virtualization Technology), you will need to re-apply it.

16) CLR_CMOS (Clear CMOS Jumper)
Use this jumper to clear the CMOS values (e.g. date information and BIOS configurations) and reset the CMOS values to factory defaults. To clear the CMOS values, use a metal object like a screwdriver to touch the two pins for a few seconds.

• Always turn off your computer and unplug the power cord from the power outlet before clearing the CMOS values.
• After system restart, go to BIOS Setup to load factory defaults (select Load Optimized Defaults) or
manually configure the BIOS settings (refer to Chapter 2, "BIOS Setup," for BIOS configurations).
  • Like 1

Doesn't hurt  ... but note that clearing CMOS will also clear BIOS configuration. So if you have anything that is not 'default value'  (like Intel Virtualization Technology), you will need to re-apply it.

16) CLR_CMOS (Clear CMOS Jumper)
Use this jumper to clear the CMOS values (e.g. date information and BIOS configurations) and reset the CMOS values to factory defaults. To clear the CMOS values, use a metal object like a screwdriver to touch the two pins for a few seconds.

• Always turn off your computer and unplug the power cord from the power outlet before clearing the CMOS values.
• After system restart, go to BIOS Setup to load factory defaults (select Load Optimized Defaults) or
manually configure the BIOS settings (refer to Chapter 2, "BIOS Setup," for BIOS configurations).

Hi IronManJFF. Thanks again for your help. You are the best helping us all the time.  Tried to CMOS reset and still have the same problem for sleep and power off the system. I had this problem in the past and I do not remember the way used to solve it with Yosemite. Maybe I am doing the wrong NVRAM clear process ?? I am using the combination key Option+Command+R+P  during the boot. Is this the correct process ?  Thanks in advance for any help. Marcoscc

Hey folks.

I've updated my BIOS to H2O.167X-MASS, but I'm having trouble modifying my system definition.

I've tried creating a Macmini6,2 and an iMac13,2 system definition. Neither will work once converted to FFS and inserted in to the BIOS. With either of those definitions in the BIOS, when clearing NVRAM, the values in the plist are ignored and NVRAM is loaded with the Ozmosis fail-safe configuration (MacPro3,1).

I've also tried using both definitions from the EFI partition (Efi/Oz/Defaults.plist) with no success either. The plist is simply ignored.

I have a working iMac14,2 definition that I use on another system and I can modify that plist in Xcode, convert to FFS, insert in to BIOS and it works fine. When using this definition, resetting NVRAM loads the correct values as defined in the plist.

Can someone take a look at the plists? Maybe I'm missing something or they're malformed in a way I'm not seeing.

Macmini_6_2_Defaults.zip

iMac_13_2_Defaults.zip

iMac_14_2_Defaults.zip

Hi IronManJFF. Thanks again for your help. You are the best helping us all the time.  Tried to CMOS reset and still have the same problem for sleep and power off the system. I had this problem in the past and I do not remember the way used to solve it with Yosemite. Maybe I am doing the wrong NVRAM clear process ?? I am using the combination key Option+Command+R+P  during the boot. Is this the correct process ?  Thanks in advance for any help. Marcoscc

To clear NVRAM boot with F12 and then ( not before ) press Command+Option+P+R keys the screen must flash red and you are done. :yes:

Hey folks.

I've updated my BIOS to H2O.167X-MASS, but I'm having trouble modifying my system definition.

I've tried creating a Macmini6,2 and an iMac13,2 system definition. Neither will work once converted to FFS and inserted in to the BIOS. With either of those definitions in the BIOS, when clearing NVRAM, the values in the plist are ignored and NVRAM is loaded with the Ozmosis fail-safe configuration (MacPro3,1).

I've also tried using both definitions from the EFI partition (Efi/Oz/Defaults.plist) with no success either. The plist is simply ignored.

I have a working iMac14,2 definition that I use on another system and I can modify that plist in Xcode, convert to FFS, insert in to BIOS and it works fine. When using this definition, resetting NVRAM loads the correct values as defined in the plist.

Can someone take a look at the plists? Maybe I'm missing something or they're malformed in a way I'm not seeing.

Try this one.

Mac mini server (Late 2012).plist.zip

• Like 1