OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Any news about open core ?

Nope, it is a project so i don't expect any news soon. You have better chance of getting updates in the Ozmosis forum. It is unclear if the Quo motherboard will meet the requirments of Opencore. I'll see when they'll distribute it.

Disclaimer : I am not a 'in the know person'

That is by design, that image has -v (verbose) kernel flag in its OzmosisDefaults.plist into the ROM.

Any progress on this ?

Hi IronManJFF. Not yet tested with bios provided by TOSK .. I am out of home traveling and I will test as soon as possible and post results. Thanks for your help always. 

Very good to know you got the system up and running with the AMD card! There were a couple people on here saying that AMD cards would not work with the new OS so this brings hope for me. Can you send me a link of the specific BIOS you used to get this working? Thank you!

Friends, Good Morning for all.

Now I have my system QUO working out of the box with MacMiniServer Bios and  SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 TRI-X WITH BOOST (UEFI)  external Video Card like this working . No problems at all with fresh installation from USB. Core i7 overclocked to 4.3GHz and memory 1600MHz . Very fast and stable. 

Thanks all for usual help.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-09%20at%2010.30.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-09%20at%2010.30.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-09%20at%2010.33.

Hi guys,

I've tried the bios provided by Tosk. I can boot on el capitan, but my gtx 980 is listed as a 14 Mo Nvidia chip model. So the overall performances are really bad.

Any idea ?

Install Nvidia Web Drivers. Remove -nv_disable from boot-args and add -nvda_drv=1.

That should do it.

Very good to know you got the system up and running with the AMD card! There were a couple people on here saying that AMD cards would not work with the new OS so this brings hope for me. Can you send me a link of the specific BIOS you used to get this working? Thank you!

Hi dwddrummer0 . I am using the BIOS  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=194740(minimac server) . I have problems with sleep and shutdown but these problems is not related to video Board. 

Good evening. Someone has installed the new version 10.12.1 ?? If ok ran smoothly ?  I'm afraid to install and have endless problems ... Maybe this new version solve my shutdown and sleep problems ...  Thanks again ..

Good evening. Someone has installed the new version 10.12.1 ?? If ok ran smoothly ?  I'm afraid to install and have endless problems ... Maybe this new version solve my shutdown and sleep problems ...  Thanks again ..

I have just tested it on my MacPro5,1. Screen wake from sleep is still a bug. I have reset NVRAM and SMC without any success. It must be an operating system bug. There are many complains on the net.

• Like 1

Installed smoothly, no problem whatsoever.

• Like 2

Build from macOS Appstore installer looks different from direct update.

macOS 10.12.1 appstore installer (16B2657)

Direct update (16B2555)

I had to update macOS using new installer to solve all Skype related crashes and other minor bugs. Took about 30 minutes to update.

Here's the link for build 657.

• Like 1

I am trying to install macOS Sierra.

I have tried it with the current XMAS BIOS, and am met with a prohibitory sign when I boot of the usb installer.

Try removing your video card, and restarting from your built-in video. Alternatively, play in BIOS turning the iGFX off, or setting the Graphics initialize to iGFX (even when leaving your video card in).

• Like 1

I recreated the installer on a different flash drive.

I no longer get kernel panics, but now I am getting a screen like when you boot into verbose mode.

It appears to have issues mounting the installer

"Could not set environment: 141 Reentrancy avoided"

I am going to try booting again without any additional drives connected.

Leave the vid card in, obviously if you get a prohibitory sign then the vid card is being handled correctly. Removing the card will most likely render your working setup unbootable ... yes it almost always start by  "I tried removing the card and now I can't boot "

Please make a detailed signature so we don't have to look for your original post to find your system specs. 

From which version of OS X are you upgrading from ? 

What system definition are you using ?

Do you have a Defaults.plist file in EFI ? 

Have you disabled SIP ?

Did you plug the USB installer in a USB 2.0 port (it is more reliable that way) ? 

• Like 1

Leave the vid card in, obviously if you get a prohibitory sign then the vid card is being handled correctly. Removing the card will most likely render your working setup unbootable ... yes it almost always start by  "I tried removing the card and now I can't boot "

Please make a detailed signature so we don't have to look for your original post to find your system specs. 

From which version of OS X are you upgrading from ? 

What system definition are you using ?

Do you have a Defaults.plist file in EFI ? 

Have you disabled SIP ?

Did you plug the USB installer in a USB 2.0 port (it is more reliable that way) ? 

I reflashed the bios with Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS.SIERRA.ROM. I was able to successfully boot off USB and go through the install for Sierra. Now when I boot up I get no display.

From which version of OS X are you upgrading from ? The drive was wiped, but I was successfully running El Captain previously.

What system definition are you using ? I did not make any changes after flashing the bios, does the bios have a default definition?

Do you have a Defaults.plist file in EFI ? I did not add a plist.

Have you disabled SIP ? Yes.

Did you plug the USB installer in a USB 2.0 port (it is more reliable that way) ? I successfully went through the install using a USB 3 port, but did previously try it in a USB 2 port.