OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Well yeah it has one but it just had the APPLE folder in it until just now when I checked and Oz magically appeared. It wasn't there initially, it was only on my external backup drive, which also still has an Efi/Oz folder.

That is better ...

You aren't gonna freakin' believe this. Everything works. Every problem I was having is now fixed. Both displays are working from the 690 and I'm not even on the web drivers at the moment. All from unplugging that RAID drive. HOW? I don't know whether to be happy or angry. But either way I'm very grateful for you gentlemen's help. Long journey to such a stupid ending but barring anything else stupid happening I think we're good. I wonder if it's a thunderbolt thing or a RAID thing that caused it?

Thanks to everybody who chimed in but especially IronMan and crusher. On the bright side I learned a bit about DarwinDumper and UEFITool. Much, much thanks.

Edit: Got it. Apparently it should be run from the Applications folder. Corresponding lines to yours:

00:000 00:000 Ozmosis X.MASS-master-50-iNDi gb6f70d7 DEBUG (2016-06-15 12:02:20 VS2015x86) on 2016-08-31 14:22:31

00:000 00:000 Found Firmware UEFI Spec  :2.31:

00:000 00:000 Found Firmware Vendor     :American Megatrends:

00:000 00:000 Found Firmware Revision   :4.653:

11:043 00:000 BootOrder 00 01 0D 0E 0F 10 11 12 13 14 15 0C

11:095 00:000 Found Storage PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,A0DD8FDD-BB19-46E7-87AF-24AB61FAA461,0x28,0x64000)

11:096 00:000 Found Defaults 99F2839C-57C3-411E-ABC3-ADE5267D960D

You aren't gonna freakin' believe this. Everything works. Every problem I was having is now fixed. Both displays are working from the 690 and I'm not even on the web drivers at the moment. All from unplugging that RAID drive. HOW? I don't know whether to be happy or angry. But either way I'm very grateful for you gentlemen's help. Long journey to such a stupid ending but barring anything else stupid happening I think we're good. I wonder if it's a thunderbolt thing or a RAID thing that caused it?

Thanks to everybody who chimed in but especially IronMan and crusher. On the bright side I learned a bit about DarwinDumper and UEFITool. Much, much thanks.

00:000 00:000 Ozmosis X.MASS-master-50-iNDi gb6f70d7 DEBUG (2016-06-15 12:02:20 VS2015x86) on 2016-08-31 14:22:31

No wonder when you are using a BETA DEBUG TEST  that was not supposed to be released to public and for some reason some idiots continue to spread it on german forums!

I see now is spread here too...

Stick with "official" releases if you don't want headache...

• Like 2

Well some of these problems I was having back on El Cap on the X-MASS bios. Could never get defaults.plist working from EFI. The GPU problems were a new wrinkle. I thought this was just a patch to the X-MASS bios they cooked up over on the Ozmosis thread. Consider this beta feedback ;) 

When the next release of Ozmosis will come to this Motherboard?

There will be no more Ozmosis release.

Development of Ozmosis is currently in frozen state, all efforts are guided to Ozmosis open source successor: Open Core.

When that will happen(release) only time can tell, and guess someone maybe will prepare a BIOS for this board as for others.

Just a hint, keep your nVidia cards and ditch ATI. There will be also a release of full UEFI nVidia GOP driver based on reversed apple rom as other UEFI rom's.

• Like 1

For Ozmosis EFI partition being loaded and recognized you have to plug your OS X drive to Sata 0 port on the motherboard. Otherwise will not work.

Yeah we worked it out. I did have my boot drive in SATA0, but something about my thunderbolt RAID backup drive was causing Ozmosis to create the Efi/Oz folder on one of the disks making up the RAID, and I assume look there for the Oz folder. I unplugged the drive and voila, it worked like a champ. Not sure if it was RAID thing or a thunderbolt thing. Was also wrecking havoc on my graphics card functionality. Either way, as The King pointed out, it's an unofficial beta or patch or whatever. I just gotta stop going for unconventional peripherals and keep it simple. Just causes me problems.

There will be no more Ozmosis release.

Development of Ozmosis is currently in frozen state, all efforts are guided to Ozmosis open source successor: Open Core.

When that will happen(release) only time can tell, and guess someone maybe will prepare a BIOS for this board as for others.

Just a hint, keep your nVidia cards and ditch ATI. There will be also a release of full UEFI nVidia GOP driver based on reversed apple rom as other UEFI rom's.

And The King with a BOMBSHELL. Very interesting. RIP Ozmosis. Long live Open Core.

No wonder when you are using a BETA DEBUG TEST  that was not supposed to be released to public and for some reason some idiots continue to spread it on german forums!

I see now is spread here too...

Stick with "official" releases if you don't want headache...

Well THe KiNG, you got me confused here ...I mean no disrespect but  

@ Post 2813  you tell us that we should  a Sierra friendly Oz  instead of 'back scratching with hammers'  and provide a link into the Oz forum

@ Post 2817 Kynyo publish a Sierra friendly QUO ROM with the Oz that comes from the link on that post (unless there was some manipulation error or the link was wrong)

@ Post 2903 you now telling us that that Oz is a piece a {censored} spread by some idiot ...

I must have missed something because I am having a hard time believing you're an idiot.. 

@ Post 2813  you tell us that we should  a Sierra friendly Oz  instead of 'back scratching with hammers'  and provide a link into the Oz forum

@ Post 2817 Kynyo publish a Sierra friendly QUO ROM with the Oz that comes from the link on that post (unless there was some manipulation error or the link was wrong)

@ Post 2903 you now telling us that that Oz is a piece a {censored} spread by some idiot ...

I must have missed something because I am having a hard time believing you're an idiot.. 

Lol this is not Ok. He did not say that you're an idiot... He said that some idiot let the public debug version of Ozmosis...

Ozmosis X.MASS-master-50-iNDi gb6f70d7 DEBUG (2016-06-15 12:02:20 VS2015x86) on 2016-08-31 14:22:31

You missed the irony if it...or I am really missing something.

If indeed there was no manipulation error and the link was good .. 

The Sierra friendly BIOS that Kynyo made from the link provided by THeKiNG contains the 'idiot' Oz.

or you could read it  ..

How do I get a 'Sierra friendly Oz' that is not a debug version ?

This is a mess because someone is an idiot (not 100% sure who) and someone doesn't know what he is publishing...

Patched Ozmosis: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/page-204?do=findComment&comment=2244623

This is X-MASS RELEASE with the Sierra patch made by cece.

Someone who asked his ROM to be updated with the patched Oz, got his ROM updated with the patched Oz. Once he re-published it with a different SMBIOS, it suddenly had the Beta version...

The Beta version != the patched version THe KiNG suggested.

• Like 1

This is a mess because someone is an idiot (not 100% sure who) and someone doesn't know what he is publishing...

Patched Ozmosis: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/page-204?do=findComment&comment=2244623

This is X-MASS RELEASE with the Sierra patch made by cece.

Someone who asked his ROM to be updated with the patched Oz, got his ROM updated with the patched Oz. Once he re-published it with a different SMBIOS, it suddenly had the Beta version...

The Beta version != the patched version THe KiNG suggested.

The more I read about this controversy the more I get confused. At the end do you recommend we use the patched version for Sierra in the             #4064             link or not?

Maybe before posting is best to verify what I said.

Like DownloadFritz said, the link I suggested to use in my post is the original Ozmosis X-MASS RELEASE with Sierra patch made by cecekpawon and "aproved" to be released.

What caught my attention was the bdmesg post by InteliMac Pro.

The rest you can investigate by yourself, extracting Ozmosis from BIOS'es that are floating around in this topic lately and checking with hex editor for DEBUG...

Maybe before posting is best to verify what I said.

Like DownloadFritz said, the link I suggested to use in my post is the original Ozmosis X-MASS RELEASE with Sierra patch made by cecekpawon and "aproved" to be released.

What caught my attention was the bdmesg post by InteliMac Pro.

The rest you can investigate by yourself, extracting Ozmosis from BIOS'es that are floating around in this topic lately and checking with hex editor for DEBUG...

The ROM with the DEBUG build has been removed... I don't know why it suddenly appeared, the author said that it was the same as some other ROM + changed SMBIOS. That other ROM has patched Oz though.

Well, we have to finish this useless charade:

Post made by me which contains latest efi modules with binpatched version approved into forum, which I'm currently using. In fact i didn't knew that it's a DEBUG version available, because that obviously isn't intended for public use. Then elviejo asked me to put his mac mini definition into rom, the same binpatched rom which everyone it's using. 

My bootlog says: 

My OS: macOS El Capitan 10.11.6

In other way, thanks to all the HermitCrab Labs  great developers for this great Firmware based bootloader.

00:000 00:000 Ozmosis 1.03.167X-MASS RELEASE (2015-12-24 09:12:07 VS2013x86) on 2016-09-01 20:25:53

Well, we have to finish this useless charade:
Post made by me which contains latest efi modules with binpatched version approved into forum, which I'm currently using. In fact i didn't knew that it's a DEBUG version available, because that obviously isn't intended for public use. Then elviejo asked me to put his mac mini definition into rom, the same binpatched rom which everyone it's using. 
My bootlog says: 
My OS: macOS El Capitan 10.11.6

In other way, thanks to all the HermitCrab Labs  great developers for this great Firmware based bootloader.
00:000 00:000 Ozmosis 1.03.167X-MASS RELEASE (2015-12-24 09:12:07 VS2013x86) on 2016-09-01 20:25:53

Your ROMs were totally fine. The ROM elvejo posted after you posted the mod had the DEBUG version, yours had RELEASE. I don't know what he did... or what someone else did.

Your ROMs were totally fine. The ROM elvejo posted after you posted the mod had the DEBUG version, yours had RELEASE. I don't know what he did... or what someone else did.

To be clear, the ROM I asked Kynyo to patch with Mac mini SysDef was the original 1677-XMASS patched with the Oz.ffs The King pointed in this forum made by ccepawn, I don't have and don't even know about any "debug" ROM before all this, so somebody explain me how the heck it magically appeared in that ROM.