OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Here my whole Defaults.plist iMac13,2 as it lives in the EFI partiton

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Version</key>
<string>1.0.1</string>
<key>Date</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Defaults:4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
<dict>
<key>BiosVersion</key>
<string>IM131.88Z.010A.B05.1210121459</string>
<key>ProductId</key>
<string>Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4</string>
<key>ProductFamily</key>
<string>iMac</string>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>iMac13,2</string>
<key>SystemSerial</key>
<string>YOUR_SERIAL_GOES_HERE</string>
<key>BaseBoardSerial</key>
<string>YOUR_SERIAL+5_DIGITS_GOES_HERE</string>
</dict>
<key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
<dict>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>-v nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>csr-active-config</key>
<integer>103</integer>
</dict>
<key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
<dict>
<key>BootEntryTemplate</key>
<string>$label</string>
<key>DarwinDiskTemplate</key>
<string>$label $platform.$major.$minor</string>
<key>DarwinRecoveryDiskTemplate</key>
<key>DisableNvidiaInjection</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</dict></plist>

Hi IronManJFF. Thanks again for your help. You are the best helping us all the time

Simply doing my best. Still learning.... I intend to keep on using this mobo for a couple more years, so we got help each other to the best of our abilities.

He need iMac14,2 because he have a Haswell machine.

If you're talking about me, I'm using an iMac14,2 system definition on my Oz'd Z97-HD3, but I'm trying to get the system definition changed on my QUO board.

Yes but I look your signature. My mistake....

Yeah, sorry about that. I don't keep my signature very up-to-date. I also don't like including builds that are unfinished. No worries.

To clear NVRAM boot with F12 and then ( not before ) press Command+Option+P+R keys the screen must flash red and you are done. :yes:

Hi "elviejo" . Thanks for your fast help. Your explanation is very clear and I had followed it. Work great for NVRAM clear, but do not solve my problem related to wakeup from sleep and power off (after power off the machine power on again). Maybe is another problem not related to CMOS and NVRAM. Appreciate your continued and usual very good support. If you have any additional information that can help me appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Mmmm...don't expect to see anything by doing this but weirder things have happended so ...in Terminal

pmset -g

Another good way of clearing both nvram & BIOS settings is to remove the battery for 10 minutes 

I see you have a Razer Nostromo .. I do own one too but I remember way back I had the Belkin Nostromo and the 9 key was defective and always sending it's ON signal ...something like that could trigger the re-wake from sleep  ... It is a long shot but test it without the Nostromo just to rule it out.

• Like 1

Hi "elviejo" . Thanks for your fast help. Your explanation is very clear and I had followed it. Work great for NVRAM clear, but do not solve my problem related to wakeup from sleep and power off (after power off the machine power on again). Maybe is another problem not related to CMOS and NVRAM. Appreciate your continued and usual very good support. If you have any additional information that can help me appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Try rebuilding the kext cache with this command as root=  kextcache -prelinked-kernel. Could be a good idea to check the Energy Save pane in Activity Monitor to see what is waking your computer.

• Like 1

Here my whole Defaults.plist iMac13,2 as it lives in the EFI partiton

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Version</key>
<string>1.0.1</string>
<key>Date</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Defaults:4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
<dict>
<key>BiosVersion</key>
<string>IM131.88Z.010A.B05.1210121459</string>
<key>ProductId</key>
<string>Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4</string>
<key>ProductFamily</key>
<string>iMac</string>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>iMac13,2</string>
<key>SystemSerial</key>
<string>YOUR_SERIAL_GOES_HERE</string>
<key>BaseBoardSerial</key>
<string>YOUR_SERIAL+5_DIGITS_GOES_HERE</string>
</dict>
<key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
<dict>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>-v nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>csr-active-config</key>
<integer>103</integer>
</dict>
<key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
<dict>
<key>BootEntryTemplate</key>
<string>$label</string>
<key>DarwinDiskTemplate</key>
<key>DarwinRecoveryDiskTemplate</key>
<key>DisableNvidiaInjection</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</dict></plist>

Yours worked. I put it in the BIOS and reflashed it and it worked just fine. Still worked after I tweaked it to mirror the plist I attached to my original post. Not sure why yours worked and mine didn't, but thanks.

• Like 1

Yours worked. I put it in the BIOS and reflashed it and it worked just fine. Still worked after I tweaked it to mirror the plist I attached to my original post. Not sure why yours worked and mine didn't, but thanks.

Hi Tosk . I supposed that you are using the new Bios in QUO MB ?? I am using minimacserver with problems in sleep and power off, is it possible to you to share the BIOS that you are using in this MB ?  Thanks in advance for any suggestion or help. 

Hi Tosk . I supposed that you are using the new Bios in QUO MB ?? I am using minimacserver with problems in sleep and power off, is it possible to you to share the BIOS that you are using in this MB ?  Thanks in advance for any suggestion or help. 

Sure.

Things you should know about this BIOS image:

• Based (somewhat loosely now) on the original H2O.167X-MASS release.
  • I've rebuilt the image by removing all of the Oz-related modules and re-adding them one at a time in a specific order, compressed.
  • DisableNvidiaInjection = TRUE
  • DisableVoodooHda = TRUE
  • System Definition: iMac13,2
  • boot-args = -v kext-dev-mode=1 -nv_disable = 1

This is my procedure for each BIOS flash:

1. After flashing, you enter setup immediately and then power down.
  2. Clear CMOS and start back up.
  3. Restore setup defaults and reboot.
  4. Enter setup and make your usual changes.
  5. Save and reboot.
  6. F12 to enter boot selection and reset NVRAM (Command-Option-P-R).
  7. Repeat step 6 once more for good measure.

My setup:

• i7-3770k @ 3.5 GHz
  • 8 GB of DDR3-1333
  • Intel HD Graphics 4000

What works:

• Sleep/wake
  • All USB ports on the back of the board (haven't tried internal headers yet since the board is on my test bench).
  • Audio (after you enable VoodooHDA in NVRAM)
  • Native power management (I think. Still need more testing on this.)
  • iMessage/App Store

I've attached the BIOS image as well as the OzmosisDefaults.plist I used.

Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS.IMAC13_2.zip

OzmosisDefaults.zip

• Like 3

Hi TOSK. Thanks very much for your very good and detailed information about the procedure to be followed to flash the BIOS. 

I supposed that OzmosisDefauts.plist must be copied to EFI partition in EFI directory ?

I will try and revert results for you. My ideia is to use this board for long time.

Best Regards -

I am trying to install macOS Sierra.

I have tried it with the current XMAS BIOS, and am met with a prohibitory sign when I boot of the usb installer. The installer was created on my macbook via Disk Maker X, and confirmed to be working as I used it to install on two macbooks.

I have tried the IMAC bios posted by Tosk as well, and in that case I get a kernel panic.

Any advice for me?

I am running the following:

i7-3770k with 16GB ram

ASUS GTX660

4 LG 24" Monitors

Intel 520 for Windows 10

Samsung Pro 840 for macOS

If any additional information is needed please let me know.

I am trying to install macOS Sierra.

I have tried it with the current XMAS BIOS, and am met with a prohibitory sign when I boot of the usb installer. The installer was created on my macbook via Disk Maker X, and confirmed to be working as I used it to install on two macbooks.

I have tried the IMAC bios posted by Tosk as well, and in that case I get a kernel panic.

Any advice for me?

I am running the following:

i7-3770k with 16GB ram

ASUS GTX660

4 LG 24" Monitors

Intel 520 for Windows 10

Samsung Pro 840 for macOS

If any additional information is needed please let me know.

The official release uses the MacPro3,1 system definition which isn't supported by Sierra.

The BIOS image I provided uses the iMac13,2 system definition. Using the official 167X-MASS release, I also experienced trouble with Sierra. For me though, the installer didn't panic, DSMOS just never arrived. The reason DSMOS never arrived was because FakeSMC wasn't being correctly injected in to the kernel cache.

What's the cause of your kernel panic? Is it FakeSMC related? Some other kext not loading properly?

The official release uses the MacPro3,1 system definition which isn't supported by Sierra.

The BIOS image I provided uses the iMac13,2 system definition. Using the official 167X-MASS release, I also experienced trouble with Sierra. For me though, the installer didn't panic, DSMOS just never arrived. The reason DSMOS never arrived was because FakeSMC wasn't being correctly injected in to the kernel cache.

What's the cause of your kernel panic? Is it FakeSMC related? Some other kext not loading properly?

I recreated the installer on a different flash drive.

I no longer get kernel panics, but now I am getting a screen like when you boot into verbose mode.

It appears to have issues mounting the installer

"Could not set environment: 141 Reentrancy avoided"

I am going to try booting again without any additional drives connected.

You mean Ivy Bridge Power Management ?

for that you need this

Ah yisssss. This one works much better than the one I created with ssdtPRgen. The one I created wouldn't drop frequency below 2 GHz. This one drops nice and low to ~1.2 GHz. Temps and wattage are much better at idle now.

Thanks for this! Works great with my 3770k.

Here's my DarwinDumper report if anyone is curious.

Suggestions are welcome.

DarwinDumper_3.0.1_17.10_18.45.26_iMac13,2_Apple_X64_Sierra_16A323_user.zip

I no longer get kernel panics, but now I am getting a screen like when you boot into verbose mode.

That is by design, that image has -v (verbose) kernel flag in its OzmosisDefaults.plist into the ROM.

problems in sleep and power off

Any progress on this ?

• Like 1