OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Installed sierra. So what you need to install it?

you must flush the H2O 1671 ROM otherwise sierra will stuck on boot processing.

you must install the second macOS that can boot with no sip e.g. yosemite to disable SIP

you must simulate iMac because the minimac cannot use pluggable video card

maybe you need a partition to make a installation source.

LOL So many tried

No ... but you don't have a proper signature ...

Problem was happening before resetting NVRAM...

Could be but don't be surprised that anything that needs you to re-flash BIOS would trash nvram ... that is why I keep my SIP in Defaults.plist

No ... but you don't have a proper signature ...

Could be but don't be surprised that anything that needs you to re-flash BIOS would trash nvram ... that is why I keep my SIP in Defaults.plist

But the problem happened before I re flashed... That's why I tried flashing the bios in the first place.. Unless a BIOS crash which I stated in the message above would modify NVRAM, then there should be no reason for the partition not to boot.. Makes no sense that I would go from one partition to another and not be able to boot when no significant modifications were made..

Hi guys,

I have bios Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS.SIERRA.MacMini.ROM.zip   installed and working very well with Sierra. This BIOS report as a MacMini, so, external NVIDIA video card do not work at all. I need to use Nvidia 740 external video card and I need some help about the BIOS to be used to have this configuration working. I am so sorry for my poor English. 

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards Marcos Silva - Rio de Janeiro - Brasil

Hi guys,

I have bios Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS.SIERRA.MacMini.ROM.zip   installed and working very well with Sierra. This BIOS report as a MacMini, so, external NVIDIA video card do not work at all. I need to use Nvidia 740 external video card and I need some help about the BIOS to be used to have this configuration working. I am so sorry for my poor English. 

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards Marcos Silva - Rio de Janeiro - Brasil

The closest one looks like imac14,2 http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i5-3.2-27-inch-aluminum-late-2013-specs.html 

For GeForce GT755M. So you need to modify the playlist using PandoraBox or CloverConfigurator and re-flash the bios.

• Like 1

The closest one looks like imac14,2 http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i5-3.2-27-inch-aluminum-late-2013-specs.html 

For GeForce GT755M. So you need to modify the playlist using PandoraBox or CloverConfigurator and re-flash the bios.

Thanks "zirkaiva" for your solution. My knowledge is not sufficient to modify a bios and re-flash it, so I will wait for a finished BIOS when available. Thanks again for your support.

Best Regards Marcos Silva 

Thanks "zirkaiva" for your solution. My knowledge is not sufficient to modify a bios and re-flash it, so I will wait for a finished BIOS when available. Thanks again for your support.

Best Regards Marcos Silva

no BIOS mod is needed, use Defaults.plist to change your System Definition
  • Like 1

no BIOS mod is needed, use Defaults.plist to change your System Definition

Thanks IronMan JFF for your continued support. I had made a test with the same BIOS version (MacMiniServer) and Yosemite and with Yosemite I can run an Nvidia External video Card without any problems. So, in my point of view Bios MacMiniServer and Sierra do not permit an external video card.   :) I have a screen shot of About my MAC, with this information, but I am trying to see the way to post it. Thanks again. Best Regards Marcos Silva

I was searching around and came across this software that would modify sierra osx installation to work with system definition 3.1 (mac pro). Do you guys think this would work while maintaining 3.1 system definition with hackintosh and new bios?

http://dosdude1.com/sierrapatch.html

I think that is a perfect recipe for disaster. especially if you are using pro software.. you won't fix any issue by throwing more complexity at it... 

I don't know about MacMini.. I haven't tried it. I have no experience with AMD cards.  But I can tell you that I can run Sierra iMac13,2 with Nvidia GTX 970 no problem.

@Marcos -  Are you trying a single monitor setup with Nvidia card or built-in + card ? 

• Like 1

I think that is a perfect recipe for disaster. especially if you are using pro software.. you won't fix any issue by throwing more complexity at it... 

I don't know about MacMini.. I haven't tried it. I have no experience with AMD cards.  But I can tell you that I can run Sierra iMac13,2 with Nvidia GTX 970 no problem.

@Marcos -  Are you trying a single monitor setup with Nvidia card or built-in + card ? 

Hi IronManJFF . Thanks again for your support. With only the onboard card the system work perfectly with Sierra. With GTX Board I can not boot (No image). The same BIOS with Yosemite and external Nvidia GTX750 work perfectly with two monitors . See pictures below with Yosemite / external card and two monitors . Thanks again

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-29%20at%2017.03.

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-29%20at%2017.04.

Hi IronManJFF . Thanks again for your support. With only the onboard card the system work perfectly with Sierra. With GTX Board I can not boot (No image). The same BIOS with Yosemite and external Nvidia GTX750 work perfectly with two monitors . See pictures below with Yosemite / external card and two monitors . Thanks again

Ok I swapped my HD5770 with a Geforce 210 from another rig, created a working imac14,2 plist and embedded it in the bios. Tested the operation with the Nvidia card in EC and Sierra and it works fine. So to conclude definitely AMD does not work on EC and Sierra whereas Nvidia does. My next step is to test the HD5770 on the other rig using chameleon bootloader. 

• Like 1

I have a Sapphire Vapor-X 5770, which is working fine on Sierra with 2 screens. It uses Vervet config. Let me know if there is any useful info I can pull out for you.

Thanks for the help offered. Mine is XFX 5770 Device Id: 1002 68B8. 2 DVI 1 DP 1 HDMI. Are you able to boot single screen with the external card only and BIOS set for initial display first=Auto?