HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

@spakk Thanks for the information, I installed the attachment you gave, now I get "unable to find driver for this platform acpi..." error and even if I replace the original kexts back from Windows it won't boot because I can't repair permissions from Windows, however I can boot to my USB Installation for Yosemite and I can use the terminal there. Is there a command that I can use in terminal to rebuild cache and repair permissions?

In Terminal:

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches

or use kext Wizard

now I was able to update to the newest enorch chameleon bootloader and the osx boots but at the beginning I get a error message that saids

Error encountered while starting up the computer

starting in 5 seconds and then it starts and it works normally any ideas??

now I was able to update to the newest enorch chameleon bootloader and the osx boots but at the beginning I get a error message that saids

Error encountered while starting up the computer

starting in 5 seconds and then it starts and it works normally any ideas??

I think that the problem is caused by an incorrect install-settings of Enoch.

check how do you have installed Enoch, check according to which content in /Extra/ modules/ is installed.

• Like 1

I think that the problem is caused by an incorrect install-settings of Enoch.

check how do you have installed Enoch, check according to which content in /Extra/ modules/ is installed.

Thanks for the reponse but this happen after I format one of the partition in the same hard drive after the error it boots fine and everything works fine any ideas?

boot your system with an USB flash drive, choose the Yosemite partition, give manually the boot flags and start your system, when you are successful in the system, then open the terminal and give the following code:. diskutil list

Then upload the table of diskutil list

boot your system with an USB flash drive, choose the Yosemite partition, give manually the boot flags and start your system, when you are successful in the system, then open the terminal and give the following code:. diskutil list

Then upload the table of diskutil list

here it is and the partition that is giving me errors is the mac 2.

thanks

post-1538537-0-18622100-1446992387_thumb.png

post-1538537-0-28500200-1446994546_thumb.jpg

You can correct me, but I mean that should be the setting for AMD so:

PatchAPIC key>

No string>

because if I want to start my system with chameleon bootloader with ACPI Patcher.dylib (in folder modules) then my system, does not work. Therefore, take this change in your config.plist and start again your system. Your partition is active, I was assuming that the partition is not active.

• Like 1

You can correct me, but I mean that should be the setting for AMD so:

<key>PatchAPIC</ key>

<string>No</ string>

because if I want to start my system with chameleon bootloader with ACPI Patcher.dylib (in folder modules) then my system, does not work. Therefore, take this change in your config.plist and start again your system. Your partition is active, I was assuming that the partition is not active.

I cant find the config.plist and im not using clover im just using enorch chameleon bootloader only.

do you know where it is?

thanks for all the help!!

That's easy. The ACPIPatcher.dylib In the folder /Extra/modules/ if should there, then be removed and restart

• Like 1

hmmm. I do not understand. Please load your org.chameleon.boot.plist here.

and I start my computer, on the phone display is not all easy to recognize.

• Like 1

I would modify the flags in: -f -v kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 ....... (make the first boot with -v -f .. later then you can remove these flags)

...chouse your osx ..... throw out the {censored} ... uninteresting

but your system booted earlier, what have you done for changes?

Note once, never test on the main partition! only on a test partition or better on a external hdd!

because the {censored} work to fix the problems you have later.

• Like 1

I would modify the flags in: -f -v kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 ....... (make the first boot with -v -f .. later then you can remove these flags)

...chouse your osx ..... throw out the {censored} ... uninterestingbut your system booted earlier, what have you done for changes?

All I did was delete a maverick partition because I realized that the maverick chameleon boot loader was the one that was booting the Yosemite partition and I didn't want the maverick partition anymore so I delete it.

If you have formatted your Main Partition "also Mavericks Partition" in this state can your system not boot, this is logical

... so you have now to install Enoch bootloader on your Yosemite Partition, so that your system can be booted.

If you have formatted your Main Partition "also Mavericks Partition" in this state can your system not boot, this is logical

... so you have now to install Enoch bootloader on your Yosemite Partition, so that your system can be booted.

That's What I did and it works but at boot I get that error and after 5 seconds then it boots normally!!

@jaylex what partition shown here is Enoch installed on? Bootloader should be installed on the first partition in your case its "DISCO" (disk2s2)

I don't want that partition anymore can i change MAC 2 Partition to disk2s2?

Thanks in advance!

All the newer kernels seem incomptible with VoodooHDA in my Hackintosh.

Why not hex edit latest AppleHDA binary and create your own mapping so you get better sound (Chances are someone has already created one for ALC-887)? i.e. do a linux dump of ALC 887, convert verbs to a readable format then do abit of tweaking and testing (yes process is a little more detailed then what I have said).

Why not hex edit latest AppleHDA binary and create your own mapping so you get better sound (Chances are someone has already created one for ALC-887)? i.e. do a linux dump of ALC 887, convert verbs to a readable format then do abit of tweaking and testing (yes process is a little more detailed then what I have said).

that will not work with any internal sound card on AMD Hackintosh!

put your second partition active, similarly is described here. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/22844-how-to-setting-your-partition-active-using-fdisk-in-macosx/or create a clone of your second partition on your first partition, and finally install the bootloader on it.

put your second partition active, similarly is described here. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/22844-how-to-setting-your-partition-active-using-fdisk-in-macosx/or create a clone of your second partition on your first partition, and finally install the bootloader on it.

I really don't know what is going on I erase the whole disk to start from Scratch and it still showing the same error. Please help!!!

Screen record a video of what your doing with say obs (open broadcaster software).