HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

So you tried to ran the ML on a "real" machine? VMWare emulates devices etc, so the APU can actually cause the restart. Virtualization is totally different from running a live machine.

Yes on a real machine now, I know VMWare is different but as far as I know nothing is emulated when it comes to the CPU (indtruction sets). Anyway I tried with the kernel that Bitcore posted (which I guess is Sinetek's?) and that one just gives me black screen after Kexts are loaded rather than a reboot.

Your link says its invalid.

I did What you said I was able to install ML in under 15 minutes on my FX-8150. but i get the boot loader screen and it reboots even when using "-v -f -x npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0" I was able to install with the kernel you gave me with the above Boot Flags but not boot into the actual desktop. Sad :(

you will also need to put that kernel on your ML HDD, so you can boot with it.
  • Like 1

you will also need to put that kernel on your ML HDD, so you can boot with it.

So then I need to use macdrive on my windows hdd and add the kernel to the root of the hard drive?

And will I need to have a specific boot flag to tell the system to use it and to tell it where the specific location of the kernel is or does it just default to root Device

Sent from Google Nexus 10 Tablet

I tried AnV's latest kernel with myhack on my A8-3850 but I cannot get it to boot. It loads kexts and then restarts regardless of the various bootflags. I have the older legacy kernel working fine in VMWare and Snow Leopard so the fact that this is an APU is not the cause I guess...

So you tried to ran the ML on a "real" machine? VMWare emulates devices etc, so the APU can actually cause the restart. Virtualization is totally different from running a live machine.

Yes on a real machine now, I know VMWare is different but as far as I know nothing is emulated when it comes to the CPU (indtruction sets). Anyway I tried with the kernel that Bitcore posted (which I guess is Sinetek's?) and that one just gives me black screen after Kexts are loaded rather than a reboot.

I have a Acer with an apu it runs snow leopard in virtual box. And I can install it too. But I can never get it to boot. Full usage with the APU's at harder to get a full functioning kernel to use.once I get my fx desktop up in running I will start developing a kernel after I learn how.

Sent from Google Nexus 10 Tablet.

So then I need to use macdrive on my windows hdd and add the kernel to the root of the hard drive?

And will I need to have a specific boot flag to tell the system to use it and to tell it where the specific location of the kernel is or does it just default to root Device

Yes, just somehow put the kernel to the root of ML HDD. You can use Linux Live CD or something, MacDrive should be okay too.

And when booting, specify the kernel's name as first boot flag like this:

amd_kernel -v npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0

It can also be "legacy_kernel" or something else, just use the right name. :)

I'll just clarify that this section isn't for "omg how to get mountain lion / lion / snow leopard running on AMD".

The section is named "AMD Development". This basicly means that this section is dedicated to developing, not asking help.

I know I've done this even by myself, but now it's kinda out of control, everyone asking about installing ML on AMD etc.

The 3 threads (SL / L /ML) should be dedicated to development of kernels and other related stuff and reports of the developments, not asking "how to get it running i get error".

If you need help with AMD on SL for example, you should post on the installation help or if you followed a tutorial, ask the tutorial thread.

However, I do not suggest asking with PM, because then other people can't get the same information as easily, and it's not funny to see inbox full every minute. :)

Also, if you need help with the test kernels for SL / L / ML, you can post on this thread, I'm sure there are people ready to help you with your errors.

Let's just keep the "development" threads clean of the "spam" / stupid questions (even if there isn't any).

For real-time help, download an IRC client and join us:

chat.osx86.hu #LegacyKernel

And when you get your build running, please post here!

Thanks! :)

Hello

I have gigabyte 880gm-d2h

amd phenom ii x6 1090t

and 8GB ram

i successfully stand up the installation but my SATA HDD and the SATA DVD cant be detected in Disk utility !!!!!!

i did the IDE to AHCI in bios but still same...................

Hello

I have gigabyte 880gm-d2h

amd phenom ii x6 1090t

and 8GB ram

i successfully stand up the installation but my SATA HDD and the SATA DVD cant be detected in Disk utility !!!!!!

i did the IDE to AHCI in bios but still same...................

You must use AHCI mode in your BIOS. Are you sure you set everything to AHCI?

With some motherboards you can make your 1 - 3 AHCI and 4 - 6 IDE, for example.

Not sure if someone found solution to the problems, but this is how I understand it:

ATI = Native resolution, full QE/CI, graphics glitches

NVidia = Boots only to safemode, without QE/CI, some has got it booting without -x, but still no QE/CI, no information about glitches

So I think ATI is kinda "the winner" atm, but it still has some glitches.

Like I said, try disabling the power management in the ROM, you can find instructions somewhere on the AMD Development section. :D

For Nvidia Fermi (Maybe Kepler) disable GeforceGA.plugin and GLDriver.bundle in System/Library/Extensions. This will allow you to boot without -x (safe mode), however no acceleration. My 9500GT works just fine, the GTX560 is the b*tch.

For anyone with bootdisk / Installer issues:

I would try to just download a clean VMWare image. I downloaded 10.8.2 and mounted it to desktop. I then cloned that drive to my partition using disk utility. It makes it easier and faster. Then you can do some real troubleshooting. I am going to worry about a boot disk later. I have my snow leopard boot partitions.

Here are the VMware mounting things. Put them in Library folder in the same labeled folders. If it does not work then google for VMWare image mounting os x.

For_VMWare_Mounting.zip

Gismo, google for, download and run the and_insn_patcher from Andy Vandjick. Use this link for further instructions: http://www.osx86.net/desktops/14304-guide-use-more-than-4gb-ram-amd-32-64-bit-apps-working.html

Then you must apply the Xpchelper fix:

1) Wait for xpchelper to crash

2) Open terminal and type these in:

"sudo su"

"cd /private/var/folders"

"find /private/var/folders/ -type f | grep -i com.apple.xpchelper.cache"

3) cd to the first one that shows up on the list (it will be in a separate folder from the other xpchelper caches)

"rm -r com.apple.xpchelper.cache"

"pico com.apple.xpchelper.cache" ---> hit ctrl+o to save and ctrl+x to exit

"chflags uchg com.apple.xpchelper.cache"

4) Reboot and you're done!

I assume you're using a FX CPU, right? That should give you a fully working 10.7.5 system.

Good luck.

You must use AHCI mode in your BIOS. Are you sure you set everything to AHCI?

With some motherboards you can make your 1 - 3 AHCI and 4 - 6 IDE, for example.

Thanx for the reply

But when i set AHCI in Bios then my windows not working The main issue is this

I try then i reply

Yeah, when Windows is previously installed with IDE mode, it ain't work with AHCI. My advice here is backup data/reinstall Windows/put data back (Easy Transfer tool, Windows equivalent of Migration Assistant).

Best regards.

Thanks for the reply but when i make it AHCI then my SSD is not detected in bios...............

that's the main issue............i am using SSD 256 GB

Thanks for the reply but when i make it AHCI then my SSD is not detected in bios...............

that's the main issue............i am using SSD 256 GB

Change SATA port on your motherboard. ;)

Trying to install ML on my machine Foxconn A74ML(-K) v3.0 AMD Athlon II X2 250, everything goes OK but in the last 2 minutes the installation freezes so i have to do a reset.My last massage from installation log is (PackageKit: update_dyld_shared_cache)

i have this config can i install mountain lion on it

i did try with all amd_kernel but i got instant restart every time..........

Guy's i really need help......................!

CPU : AMD Athlon LE-1640 2.7GHZ

MOBO :Assus M2N8-AM SE2

GPU :Nvidia Geforce 9400GT 1GB

SSD :250 GB

Ram :8 GB

Just a question, is it recommended to make a partition for chameleon/clover?

so make your hdd 2 partitions, first one to install bootloader, second for OS X.

Or is doesn't it make any difference?

Hey guys... Ive been looking throught this site for any fixes but none worked so this is what i would love ya to help me with.

I got instant reboot with amd kernel by anv, so i used the one which is harcoded to TSC 18. I could boot up but had an ACPI panic. I then rolled back the AppleFSDriver, IOACPI and AppleACPI kexts from 10.8 installation media to my 10.8.2 installation...but it didnt help... if i try to boot either one i get this panic.

post-856378-0-29163300-1359912819_thumb.jpg

From what i understand the kernel fails to load some symbols which of course then lead to a panic...however if somebody could explain it a little better, I would appreciate it.

My CPU is AMD FX 6100

My GPU is AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHZ edition.

I have default bios cpu settings.

I boot with flags: arch=x86_64 -v -f busratio=17 or 155 fsb=200 GraphicsEnabler=No(need to use this) and both with and without -force64

Thanks in advance!!!!

this is my config

CPU : AMD Athlon LE-1640 2.7GHZ

MOBO :Assus M2N8-AM SE2

GPU :Nvidia Geforce 9400GT 1GB

SSD :250 GB

Ram :8 GB

guys i am using this kernel for mountain lion

https://www.dropbox....dy Vandjick.rar

https://www.dropbox...._sse42_only.rar

https://www.dropbox....etek test 1.rar

https://www.dropbox.... amd_kernel.rar

i got suck sometime in

" still waiting for root device"

and sometimes got instant restart

and when i use

this kernels

http://www.osx86.net...10.7.3_amd.html

i got stuck in still waiting for root device and

this my screenshot

https://www.dropbox....ae/03022013.jpg

Guys please help me.......................!

As far as i know there is a KEXT for ml to get around the still waiting for root Device think! I would try that and/or npci=0x2000 bootflag!

Yes i did

" -v npci=0x200 & 3000 arch=i386 "but same