[AMD] Working Builds!

theconnactic

255 posts in this topic

Thank you. I will try an external SATA. I think I might be able to get one out of an old Mac G5. 

I assume that I would use this as an external drive...

Do I use the BIOS load up options (when the computer starts) - to install OSX onto this external drive? ... is this how it starts ...

@Sinetek

Yes of course, I'll thank anyone who helps me - with pleasure :)

importance, as has been mentioned a thousand times here and in the other osx forums that you need to set in your BIOS AHCI to enabled, then the external SATA HDD in the BIOS to first place in the boot sequence . then you can install from the external HDD.

Better do you do once two partitions on your external HDD. the first partition is about 10 GB, the second you can leave the rest of space. Thus, you can test everything on the external HDD once

I have Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard, FX81xx CPU and  and Nvidia GT610 video card. Is there anything I need to make it work. I've been reading about DSDT but I'm unsure if I still need that. any other things I need to know? thanks

ps. I made a bootable USB stick using myhack (suggested by the online guide I found)

I have Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard, FX81xx CPU and  and Nvidia GT610 video card. Is there anything I need to make it work. I've been reading about DSDT but I'm unsure if I still need that. any other things I need to know? thanks

ps. I made a bootable USB stick using myhack (suggested by the online guide I found)

I think yes! looking times on the first page, (spakk) my working build! :yes:

CPU: AMD PHENOM II X4 965

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2
RAM: 4GB 1333 MHz

KERNEL: NAWCOM

GRAPHICS: ATI HD 6670 works without additional kext

USB: USB rollback kext. all working

INTERNET ETHETNET: LNX2MAC

AUDIO: VOODOOHDA pre-selected by nawcom MODCD

everything working and stable. except sleep doesn't work

i'm thinking of upgrading to lion or mavericks when support for snow leopard is dropped

zjc4sx.png

Operating System Mavericks 10.9.1 on amdfx

Config:

Sabertooth 990FX version 1. Fans are controlled by bios, set to silent mode.

Realtek Onboard Soundcare ALC 892, now fully working, I am able to set default input and output, and audio types set to 192khz.

Soundblaster Gaming Headset is working too, but their drivers are terrible, do not use the mavericks drivers use the ones for 10.6-10.8. No Static thanks to kexts!

AMD FX-8150 8 Core Processor 3.6Ghz even though only 75% of the processor instructions work, I haven't experienced any freezes/bottlenecks.

1600 Mhz ram

AMD HD Radeon 7970 full graphics acceleration, which is recognized as the upcoming D700 for the New Mac Pro! Full Graphics Acceleration, tested on Dota 2 Photoshop Trine 2 and Modo 701.

Generic USB Keyboard and Mouse, work out of the box.

Logitech 920 HD Webcam, works out of the box.

Samsung SyncMaster 2770FH 27 Inch, same technology as an IPS panel, works out of the box.

Bugs:

Source cannot be found after resuming from sleep, Logout results in permanent grey screen.

Restart, Shutdown, I can select which account to login during boot login screen.

Thanks to Niresh12495 10.9.0 Mavericks AMD/Intel Distro.

Flags used for initial installation amdfx kernel flag.

The two commands needed to reach the actual OS without freezes are, GraphicsEnabler=no -f, both of which could have been toggled during the custom install.

I suffered from an outdated VoodooHDA, causing static at the OS, which blew out one of my headphone speakers with a large static jolt,if you leave it on too long......

To fix it I had to install VoodooHDA 2.8.4 and AppleHDA ALC888 - LayoutID 888 using Kext Wizard

repair and rebuild kexts

restart

I'm running 10.8.5

CPU: AMD FX-8120
Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev1.1 
RAM: 2x 8GB
SATA: 128GB SDD + 1.5TB HDD + 165GB HDD
GPU: Gigabyte GT610
LAN: onboard Realtek RTL8111e (using this driver)
Audio: onboard Realtek ALC889 (using this driver)

The only other kext files I needed are FakeSMB and NullCPUPowerManagement.

using MacPro 5.1 template for smbios.plist (using Chamelion Wizard)

using GraphicsEnabler=yes npci=0200 for kernel flags

CPU: AMD FX-8350

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5

Video Card: EVGA Geforce GT 620

OSX: Mavericks 10.9.1

Used: mach_kernel

Bootloader: [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.0.1 / [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 6.0.1 Mavericks Edition

Create a [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] install USB Installer like normal, replace mach_kernel with the one linked above.

Copy [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] onto the USB drive as well.

Boot from USB Installer using the following Chameleon options each time:

-v npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

install, reboot into installer again, use Terminal to cp /mach_kernel to your new bootable drive.

Reboot again, from the USB Installer but this time pick the new drive as instead.

Edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist and add at least the following to make the boot arguments permanent:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v npci=0x3000</string>

NOTE: You must use the npci=0x3000 to get past the invalid rdmsr errors on boot, but doing this disables the built in audio, which should work as it is a supported chipset the ALC889. It is still to be determined how to get around this issue.

Finally got my first AMD Hackintosh

My system:

AMD Phenom II X2 555BE

ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO

8GB (2x4GB 1333Mhz)

GT620

Everything is working out of box with Niresh's Mavericks ( the ones I tested)

Just used amd64 -v tags to install. Using the default Bootloader.

Only thing difficult on this board was BIOS settings. Check out the BIOS settings which helped me at https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B73I9MNXsfVUUHlyM0F6VHFraWM&usp=sharing

Full working OS X 10.9.1, booting with "npci=0x2000" only.  Kernel and System Cache both functioning without K/P. No DSDT being used.

CPU: AMD FX-4170 QC @ 4.2GHz

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 r1605

RAM: 16GB @ DDR3-1866

Hard Drives: 1x 120GB SSD (with Trim Enabled), full NTFS R/W functionality with fuse4x and xCode. External Drives read normally

Sound: Fully Working (Front, Rear, and SPDIF) using VoodooHDA

Video: OOB GeForce GTX 560 1GB (QE/CI, OpenGL 4.1, Dual Monitor, and GPU Power Management with Patched AppleGraphicsPowerManagement kext)

Network: Realtek 8111E Gigabit (OOB with AppleRealtek kext)

USB 3.0: Working

USB 2.0: Working

Sleep: Partial (Will Sleep, but will not Wake)

Power Management: Not Working (System runs at full speed)

System is not completely stable, as if I leave it running for extended periods unattended, screens will go blank, and won't wake (like system is asleep), and need to hard reboot.

Doing some research on DSDT patching for this board.

CPU: AMD Phenom x3 8550 @ 2.2GHz

Motherboard: MCP61 MB

Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ( NForceATA )

RAM: 4GB 800MHz

HDD: 320GB WDC

USB : 2.0 All working

GPU: GTX650

LAN: Realtek RTL8201N ( NForceLAN )

Sound: Realtek ALC662 ( VoodooHDA )

Sleep: Working in Mavericks.

mini_757893Schermata20131130alle171602.p

Can I ask how you installed? i have the same chipset

CPU: AMD FX 8350
Motherboard: AsRock Xtreme4 970
RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz (system only sees it as 667Mhz though) (Fixed: edited SMC and now it displays correctly)
HDD: 500GB WD Blue
USB : 2.0 All working 3.0 All working
GPU: GTX660
LAN: Realtek RTL8111E

WLAN: Netgear WNA1000m (yeah I know it sucks, but it was cheap while i wait for the OS X 10.9 drivers for my RTL8112au card)
Sound: Working thanks to spakk
Sleep: Appears to be working.

KERNEL: Andy's R9 kernel

Used Niresh's distro, after swapping his kernel with andy's system boots great with only the "GraphicsEnabler=No" flag. Apparently that's just an issue with my card card in particular as opposed to the entire 6xx series. 

• Like 1

Notebook Model: HP G6-2240nr

CPU: 2.7GHz up to 3.2GHz AMD A6-4400M Accelerated Processor (APU)

RAM: 4 GB 800 MHz DDR3 (1x 4GB)

Hard Drive: 750GB

Graphics: AMD Radeon 7520 no QE/CI

Network: Ralink 3290 802.11bgn wifi adapter not working, Ethernet: Realtek PCIe FE family controller, works with Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v0.090 kext

Audio:Working with voodoo sound kext

PS/2: Touch pad and built-in keyboard working

Optical drive: working

I/O Ports: All three USB ports working both 3.0 and 2.0 I got it working by using USB 3.0 - universal in ##### 5.5.5 Tested front headphone jack, now working.

I've got both Mavericks 10.9 and ML 10.8.5 to both run on my notebook with little to no problems, but had a lot of problems, like application crashes mouse jumping etc. So I decided to to Install a retail ML 10.8.5, because it had less problems between the two.

To get it working I used myHack to make the usb installer, then replaced the mach_kernel with Bronozovka's AMD 10.8.x kernel. Installed the retail image using the USB 2.0 port (installed didn't boot on the USB 3.0 port) with no bootflags, After the installation completed I replaced the mach_kernel again, then repaired the permission on the drive I installed the retail ML on. I then deleted the org.chameleon.Boot.plist that myHack created and just used bootflags: npci=0x2000, dart=0 and UseKernelCache=Yes.

I'm still working on getting vga, and the hdmi port.

• Like 1

OSX 10.8.5 by niresh. works well, needs freezefix to prevent fermifreeze, gpu not fully supported!

OSX 10.9.1 runs very well, GPU fully supported (finally i can run photoshop CC), start with niresh 10.9 usb dmg, replaced kernel and updated to 10.9.1.

Still can challenge an i7 System :D :

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/compare/380659?baseline=417357

bildschirmfoto2014-026bdmd.png

OSX 10.8.5:

screenshot2014-02-06a3rb1d.png

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/392948

it's an

Asus M4A88T-M USB3 motherboard

Phenom II X4 945 Cpu @ 3 Ghz

10 Gb of DDR3 Ram

Nvidia GTX 460 SE 1 GB

How i did it:

1. at first i update my bios to 0704 version. sata ->ahci, sleep state s3 only, mikrocode on. boot afterwards from usb

2. boot with flag kernel=amd64 root=BaseSystem.dmg . also uncheck USB injection at PCI settings, othewise my keyboard didn't work (bluetooth logitehc thingy)

3. uncheck the audio kexts, they gave me kernel panic, then install... when installation is finished (with error), don't reboot, open terminal and umount the install-hdd (umount -f /Volumes/whereveryouinstalled)

4 open Disk Utility and repair disk and permissions

5. reboot. boot again from usb stick, this time bootflags are npci=0x2000 -v -x -s

6. when you reached the single-user bash do fsck -f again.

7. if it is finished exit to boot to graphical mode.

8. you should be granted with welcome screen

9.wait till nireshs post-install stuff finishes.

10. then install kext for audio: http://www.osx86.net...or-via-vt1708s/

10.5. replace mach_kernel in root-directory with this one... it worked for me to escape safe-mode

http://www.osx86.net...085-amd-kernel/

11. I don't know i GPU kext is needed, since systemino recognizes my GPU, networks works outofthebox

12. install chameleon or clover... i am not at this stage right now.

13, be happy with your amd hackintosh

greetings

• Like 1

My perfectly working AMD Hackintosh:

Mobo: Asus M5a99x EVO

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 BlackEd

RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston DDR3 1333Mhz

HDD: Samsung SSD Pro 128GB

Graphics:  AMD Radeon 7850 2GB 

Installation media: Niresh Mavericks for Intel and AMD

http://niresh12495.com/files/file/75-niresh-mavericks-for-intel-and-amd/

1) set Your Bios:

sata disks and DVD-ROM to AHCI

USB legacy ON, otherwise USB keyboard is not working while at initial screen

2) Boot NireshDVD, with F8 pressed set kernel by type of Your CPU:

amd -v 

or 

amd64 -v

or

amdfx -v

Install OS X

3) after first reboot remove DVD media, set boot options by pressing f8:

GraphicsEnabler=no

4) if You can't see anything than black screen, plug your DVI cable to another port of graphics card

5) create account, etc

6)  set GraphicsEnabler has to be permanently off

just edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

and set it to  "n" :

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>n</string>

7) do not download any kexts, all You need is from Niresh Mavericks install DVD on Your /System/Library/Extensions

delete all graphics kext instead of these:

AMD2400Controller.kext

AMD2600Controller.kext

AMD3800Controller.kext

AMD4600Controller.kext

AMD4800Controller.kext

AMD5000Controller.kext

AMD6000Controller.kext

AMD7000Controller.kext

AMDFramebuffer.kext

AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext

AMDRadeonVADriver.bundle

AMDRadeonX3000.kext

AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

AMDRadeonX4000.kext

AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver.bundle

AMDSupport.kext

Delete 0x68181002  at Info.plist of  AMDRadeonX4000.kext and AMD7000Controller.kext, Add 0x68191002 at the front for both

8) reboot , sign to adobe and update to 10.9.1  and thats all

internal sound card and ethernet card is working right after install

About_AMDMac.jpg

AMD7850.jpg

• Like 1

...hi, i'm not on amd but, i am using the amd kernel(Pentium D requires the ssse3 emu)...take a peek

post-11772-0-67943800-1392406880_thumb.png

post-11772-0-01323600-1392406978_thumb.png                       post-11772-0-80987200-1392407003_thumb.png   :smoke:

...not too bad eh! booting with chameleon bootflags -v -f -npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

• Like 3

CPU: AMD FX 8320

GPU: GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 670 (Running Dual Monitor) (Works, subpar performance)

Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3

RAM: 8GB 1600MHz (667mhz wat?)

HDD: Intel 335 240GB

USB : 2.0 All working

LAN: Realtek RTL8111 (Works with RTL8111 driver)

Sound: O2+DAC (Standard USB Sound Device, works)

Sleep: Not Tested (Not Needed)

Geekbench was 9900 something, and Cinebench OpenGL was only 40 fps :(

God I love the AMD kernel hackers. To boot I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 or else I get Black display / screen after bootsplash. The Graphics performance is under Linux and Windows, can play Dota 2 and stuff but Minecraft.. oh god Minecraft is really {censored}.

• When launching mission control the UI isn't so smooth.
  • Tried editing AGPM to my device and change everything to 100, nothing changed :(
  • Also tried changing to this kernel by andy with full SSE4 support link but alas no change, probably 5 percent faster.
  • I even did download the new nvidia driver for mavericks, got it from some guy somewhere, nothing changed so must be the kernel.

How does Minecraft run for you guys?, should I ask in the kernel testing thread? I am really an idiot when it comes to hackintoshing. Been running for over a day now and its really stable, so it's stable atleast with no memory leaks ;)

post-1035178-0-47516800-1393078820_thumb.png

• Like 1

CPU: AMD FX-6300 Hex Core @ 3.5Ghz

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 (MS-7693)

GPU: NVIDIA GK107 [GeForce GTX 650]

RAM: 6gb DDR3-1600

OS X: Mavericks 10.9.1 - fx patched Kernel - Clover UEFI

Most everything is working; I installed by writing a vanilla Mavericks installer dmg to usb stick from linux, booting with chameleon with a modded fx kernel; had to install a kext for my ethernet to get app store working, and still working on getting hdmi audio working.

All in all I must say I'm pleased with my first foray into hackintoshing.

• Like 3

HDMI Video worked out of box, Audio not at all yet; I'm going to attempt the AppleHDA.kext + DSDT patch method; I'm the sort of person to not go for a quick and ugly hack, I like to have stuff work exactly right :P

HDMI is working with Voodoohda or with Applehda?

• Like 1

That is the reason why we are all here.

Best of luck! And keep us in the running:D