Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Just now, Matgen84 said:

No, I do nothing special: just use your script from existing local repo, after update in menu of course. 

first time, i don't have a problem like you for rev.

but to test, i clean base tools and clover.

and download again. i lost clover rev.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

first time, i don't have a problem like you for rev.

but to test, i clean base tools and clover.

and download again. i lost clover rev.

I try a clean repo and report 

EDIT: For testing, git clone clover repo, make src folder as usual and launch Buildme script.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

buildme, Clover v2.5k r5096 (SHA: 09574d31)

TOOLCHAIN: GCC53 (override example: './buildme XCODE8')

1) build Clover

2) make pkg

3) make iso

4) build all

5) test build (no autogen, no boot files)

6) status

7) update Clover

8) update Clover (reset changes)

9) show diff

10) open drivers directory

11) clean BaseTools

12) quit

Please enter your choice:

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

git fetch just "downloads" the changes from the remote to your local repository. git pull downloads the changes and merges them into your current branch. "In its default mode, git pull is shorthand for git fetch followed by git merge FETCH_HEAD

$ git tag -l

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Currently I have macOS Catalina on an NVMe drive, Windows 10 on another NVMe drive and macOS Mojave on an SSD in my desktop system. Occasionally I get some ghost entries in my bios boot menu, and they are just blank but pretty easy to remove but nonetheless annoying. So my question is can I have my macOS EFI and Windows EFI combined? Both versions of macOS on my system share the same EFI partition on my NVMe, drive what I would like to do is move that EFI to exist with my Windows EFI partition. I’m planning on reinstalling Windows 10 shortly and enlarging the EFI partition to accomodate the change but I would like to know if this will cause any issues going forward? Will I be able to update CLOVER once it is on a non macOS drive?

Or is it best practice to keep different systems EFI partitions seperate?

okay i found revision issue.

i have been use clovergit script of vector.

his v1 script

if [[ ! -d "$HOME"/src/CloverBootloader ]]; then
  ask 'Do you want to checkout CloverBootloader?'
  mkdir -p "$HOME"/src
  cd "$HOME"/src
  git clone --depth 1 $cloverLink
fi

git clone --depth 1 $cloverLink causes revision issue.

so i removed "--depth 1".

i can get correct rev.

i edited line and use default as xcode8 build

clovergit_v1.1.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

okay i found revision issue.

i have been use clovergit script of vector.

his v1 script

if [[ ! -d "$HOME"/src/CloverBootloader ]]; then
  ask 'Do you want to checkout CloverBootloader?'
  mkdir -p "$HOME"/src
  cd "$HOME"/src
  git clone --depth 1 $cloverLink
fi

git clone --depth 1 $cloverLink causes revision issue.

so i removed "--depth 1".

i can get correct rev.

i edited line and use default as xcode8 build

clovergit_v1.1.zip

Thanks :) it's convenient as pre-script before using Buildme.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Hi guys,

Currently I have macOS Catalina on an NVMe drive, Windows 10 on another NVMe drive and macOS Mojave on an SSD in my desktop system. Occasionally I get some ghost entries in my bios boot menu, and they are just blank but pretty easy to remove but nonetheless annoying. So my question is can I have my macOS EFI and Windows EFI combined? Both versions of macOS on my system share the same EFI partition on my NVMe, drive what I would like to do is move that EFI to exist with my Windows EFI partition. I’m planning on reinstalling Windows 10 shortly and enlarging the EFI partition to accomodate the change but I would like to know if this will cause any issues going forward? Will I be able to update CLOVER once it is on a non macOS drive?

Or is it best practice to keep different systems EFI partitions seperate?

Will I be able to update CLOVER once it is on a non macOS drive?

Yes and No to this question, depend on your preference, Clover Installlation package is an Mac app and it will need a Mac formatted drive to install, because it will write some receipts file to Library and usr folders, so the next install/upgrade it will know which drivers you have installed and upgrading according. And Yes, there's work around this by installing Clover on a Mac formatted usb thumb drive and just copy the BOOTX64.efi, CLOVERX64.efi and other drivers over to your boot EFI partition to replace the old one.

is it best practice to keep different systems EFI partitions seperate?

Yes

Windows installation have tendency to over write the EFI folder, prepare to have a backup clover USB to restore. And once windows wrote its boot files to EFI folder and you moved its EFI folder to another drive, it will not boot. On the contrary, Clover EFI folder can be moved to any bootable drive you want, and it work fine, that's beauty about Clover Bootloader. I have chosen Clover as my ultimate bootloader for all my Oses due to its ability to chainload any other UEFI boot OSes, it even boot my freebsd OS :)

:thumbsup_anim: Clover! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, n.d.k said:

Want to stay on edge with lastest commit clover build? https://github.com/n-d-k/ndk_tools/releases

I used Travis Ci server as a work horse for testing all clover commits build, auto build and auto publish, and hey it's free, why not..

Great work :) Thanks a lot.

Just my opinion: pre-release seems to be sorted by commit number. So the latest one is after the previous one. It is possible to the latest pre-relase at the top list

Sorry for my bad english

Capture d’écran 2019-10-12 à 19.54.44.png

• Thanks 1

Thanks!

I just found that out myself too and have put a note on the README on that repo about the pre-leases not sorted, you're right seems it's sorted by commit timestamp of my repo instead, I guess I have to configure the server to send a new commit to my repo before publish it.

By the way, I am doing this for the purpose of testing Auto build with Travis Ci server. In hope, Slice can use the similar technique to automate his releases on clover repo. The prerelease order will display correctly if it's published on the same repo it compiled it from.

PS.

After quite a few tests, it seems the prerelease one are by designed displayed in reverse order which make the newest prerelease one always next to the last release.

Edited by n.d.k
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, n.d.k said:

Yes and No to this question, depend on your preference, Clover Installlation package is an Mac app and it will need a Mac formatted drive to install, because it will write some receipts file to Library and usr folders, so the next install/upgrade it will know which drivers you have installed and upgrading according. And Yes, there's work around this by installing Clover on a Mac formatted usb thumb drive and just copy the BOOTX64.efi, CLOVERX64.efi and other drivers over to your boot EFI partition to replace the old one.

Yes

Windows installation have tendency to over write the EFI folder, prepare to have a backup clover USB to restore. And once windows wrote its boot files to EFI folder and you moved its EFI folder to another drive, it will not boot. On the contrary, Clover EFI folder can be moved to any bootable drive you want, and it work fine, that's beauty about Clover Bootloader. I have chosen Clover as my ultimate bootloader for all my Oses due to its ability to chainload any other UEFI boot OSes, it even boot my freebsd OS :)

:thumbsup_anim: Clover! 

Thanks for that. To keep my PC wife friendly I need it to boot straight into windows 10, she doesn’t like the “stupid countdown” even though with clover Windows is set as default. So I’ll keep my EFI’s separate and just deal with the occasional ghost entry. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Hello,

I tried building Clover (Github) using `./ebuild.sh -fr -mc` or `./ebuild.sh -fr --x64-mcp`

..but I get only boot7 (missing boot6). Any workarround? Thanks.

#SOLVED: Ah, nevermind.. It worked with building twice:

1st: ./ebuild.sh -fr

2nd: ./ebuild.sh -fr -mc

Thanks anyway :lol:

Hi all,

May I ask 3 questions and hope you can help and explain.

1) Is downloading Clover Bootloader from sourceforge (Clover_v2.5k_r5070) outdated compare to CloverHackyColor or n-d-k Github (Clover_v2.5k_r5096)?

2) Before updating Clover Bootloader to Clover_v2.5k_r507 for Mojave 10.14.6, everything boot perfectly.  However, after updating to r5070 and reboot desktop, one I hit enter on Boot From Mac, I get black screen.  I try using Shell to get old clover backup but I don't know the command and even doing ls command doesn't work. Please help me fix.  Thank you in advance

3) When I installed bootloader to bootable USB Cataline, I notice there's no Driver64 folder in EFI for r5070, is that no longer needed or I got a corrupted download?

This is what I got when booting from UBS Cataline when using -v -x

ERROR allocating 0x32a2 pages at 0x0000000001031000 alloc type 2

Error loading kernel cache (0xe)

Boot failed: will sleep for 10 seconds before exiting...

Thank you.

Edited by loganMac

40 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

delete the "slide=xxx" boot argument and let the driver doing every things automatically?

The first picture is without 'slide=' arg. No slide arg just changed DVT Pre-Allocated to 128M and start to boot I am getting the error on the first picture. That's why I thought I must add slide arg. 

Edited by telepati

1 hour ago, telepati said:

The first picture is without 'slide=' arg. No slide arg just changed DVT Pre-Allocated to 128M and start to boot I am getting the error on the first picture. That's why I thought I must add slide arg. 

370 megas aren't enough... so why not taking the default vram (if I've understood you well)? There's no magic to do if the best page is already too small. The only way is to not use AptioMemoryFix, but using one of the OsxAptioFix* that free memory..

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

370 megas aren't enough... so why not taking the default vram (if I've understood you well)? There's no magic to do if the best page is already too small. The only way is to not use AptioMemoryFix, but using one of the OsxAptioFix* that free memory..

This is the setup on BIOS

445878330_IMG_0024copy.jpg.a97c96743ac5a22b3050ab613e705daa.jpg

I tried all AptioFix options in Clover Installer; None of them work with the setup above. If I set 64M to 256M AptioMemoryFix.efi working but others AptioFix doesn't work.

1604345243_IMG_0023copy.jpg.355c058fcc7192ea4966381ad4805760.jpg

1 hour ago, telepati said:

If I set 64M to 256M AptioMemoryFix.efi working but others AptioFix doesn't work.

Well, you know what to do:

2 hours ago, vector sigma said:

so why not taking the default vram

The prelinkedkernel needs more room in a hack due to how boot.efi and the firmware handle the memory... and our aren't real macs. You can try to rebuild the cache, in case the new one will be smaller, or just use the simplest solution ever: legacy Clover.

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am totally confused now. Where is the official place to get stable releases of Clover? I don’t want to build, I just want a stable, tested version like you use to get at Sourcefirge.

It is no longer at Sourceforge? You have to go to github? And when there, do I just take the latest version listed?