Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,868 posts in this topic

No problème compilation of Clover on macOS Catalina Beta 10  compilation from Source Forge even in Github no issue here

1561976060_Capturedcranle2019-10-0113_50_39.thumb.png.b170e7fa19a0c80b270d6d00f1521f66.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, n.d.k said:

It seems there's an incompatibles with macOS 10.15 headers that caused the gcc 9 fail to compile. It's explained here in detail and how to patch it https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=90835

PS.  I think Catalina beta 10 already included the fix, I see the patch already in Availability.h

That was an old patch for another error by Apple before in Xcode 11 beta1. Catalina is and was ok, it is Xcode 11 GM (or the equivalent CLT) and their respective ../include path the problem. In fact using Xcode 11 beta 2 is it still good.

EDIT
Yes the fixincludes is a possible solutions, may be also gcc/darwing.c is a good place. Any way I'm sure that anything will be done until Catalina and Xcode will be in a pre-release state due to their license agreement.

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, vector sigma said:

That was an old patch for another error by Apple before in Xcode 11 beta1. Catalina is and was ok, it is Xcode 11 GM (or the equivalent CLT) and their respective ../include path the problem. In fact using Xcode 11 beta 2 is it still good.

EDIT
Yes the fixincludes is a possible solutions, may be also gcc/darwing.c is a good place. Any way I'm sure that anything will be done until Catalina and Xcode will be in a pre-release state due to their license agreement.

Finally i can install CLOVER in my system without error,, the solution is "I must tick install in UEFI only". Why??? Did clover pkg not support legacy in Catalina???

1 hour ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Finally i can install CLOVER in my system without error,, the solution is "I must tick install in UEFI only". Why??? Did clover pkg not support legacy in Catalina???

As well as on older systems. The problem is installing PBR sector which is system protected.

Usual solution is to run installer from other system for root folder will not be protected by this system. So run from other drive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slice said:

As well as on older systems. The problem is installing PBR sector which is system protected.

Usual solution is to run installer from other system for root folder will not be protected by this system. So run from other drive.

sudo mount -uw /

This will do before installing clover.

6 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

4 hours ago, Slice said:

The log Andres posted, show that the problem is when the Payload that contains boot sectors is expanded and things should be moved to /usr/standalone/i386/, so for that, I'm sure is not a problem installing the partition boot sector (that per se, should not cause the failure of the installer, but instead a failure at boot..). Only it cannot move files to the destination: this happen when the files or the containing directory have wrong permissions or is busy because used by the system (no surprises as in Catalina this is a know bug when updates are turned on).... why the installation continue without errors selecting "UEFI only" i.e. due to the fact that bios sectors aren't, in this case, selected to be installed. Solutions?

- Wait for Catalina GM and see if Apple turned off some additional observers active during the beta stage.

or

- rewrite the installer to not install boot sectors in /usr/standalone/i386/

The second require multiple changes, but no one can say if we can solve the problem since we are installing other things in other locations inside the System partition. It would be interesting to know also if the problem happens when boot0af, boot0ss, boot1h, boot6, boot7, boot1f32 etc. needs to be overwritten and/or the package succeded when no one of them are present.

Edited by vector sigma
typo

I dont have anny issue for Catalina to Install Legacy ESP of course 

The only known issue is the Legacy install non ESP ON apfs file system. this issue is known since first Beta of Mojave

Edited by chris1111
this issue is known since first Beta of Mojave
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

I dont have anny issue for Catalina to Install Legacy ESP of course 

The only known issue is the Legacy install non ESP ON apfs file system. this issue is known since first Beta of Mojave

I always install CLOVER in ESP :D

image.png.9ea04c03dcf07d05b7c9e9c608adea72.png
With selected options above it will fail,,

image.png.478b8096695dccd6b511889d87b9110a.png
With selected options above, it will success :D

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

5 hours ago, vector sigma said:

in truth I see only two guys with this problem..

Can you remove boot sectors from /usr/standalone/i386 and retry?

Is this possible to correct the Pure Legacy boot file and the Legacy script for installing in APFS System ?

872449042_Capturedcranle2019-10-0220_49_03.png.7fe780cdb9b0ec69530cb1ba7dedfd20.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

About the ports issue I was mentioning above, this is what the user gets when it can't access the site due to restricted ports.

This is why I was suggesting switching from ftp:// to https:// so it can access the URLs.

buildme, Clover v2.5k r5093 (SHA: 9ee0998f)
TOOLCHAIN: GCC53 (override example: './buildme XCODE8')

1) build Clover
 2) make pkg
 3) make iso
 4) build all
 5) test build (no autogen, no boot files)
 6) status
 7) update Clover
 8) update Clover (reset changes)
 9) show diff
10) open drivers directory
11) clean BaseTools
12) quit
Please enter your choice: 4
[CHECK XCODE]
- Building GCC 9.2.0 toolchain for x64
- to /Users/jimmy/src/opt/local/cross/bin/x86_64-clover-linux-gnu
  Running on Mac OS X 10.15, with x86_64 architecture.
  Using Xcode SDK: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:02:36 --:--:--     0
curl: (7) Failed to connect to ftp.gnu.org port 21: Operation timed out
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...35 completed.

[Process completed]

This issue does not occur when building with ".buildme XCODE8", I'm guessing probably because it's not using those URLs in this case.

Also, there might be a fix to the forever known "screen flashes on boot" for AMD video cards. The issue seems to occur due to mode switching from ARGB8888 to ARGB2101010. And it might require something similar to RadeonDeInit which was already implemented a while ago. So it needs Clover devs' help. So...anyone willing to help fix this ancient issue once and for all?

If you guys already know what I'm talking about, then I guess you don't need more details. If not, I can provide more info, if anyone's interested in helping with a fix. :) 

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, zkingtut said:

Why I have this boot arg: amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 

It doesn't exist in Config.plist/boot

I see it only in clover option when boot up 

Thank you 

See maybe is in nvram ?

Just now, zkingtut said:

Ok thx i'll clear nvram and see .

But what is this boot arg do ? It's dangerous , virus , or normal?

I never see this, first time that I hear this

2 minutes ago, zkingtut said:

I can't clear nvram 

Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103)

" Error clearing firmware variables: (iokit/common) not permitted "

Your only have to clear boot args

sudo nvram boot-args=""

Then reboot the macOS and see

1 minute ago, zkingtut said:

Ok thank you so its not dangerous , @chris1111 I did sudo nvram boot-args=amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 and reboot it still there 

thank you 

No  type sudo nvram boot-args=""

Thats clear the boot args in NVRAM

• Like 2

14 hours ago, artur_pt said:

hello Slice

last commit in git give me this

Captura de ecrã 2019-10-04, às 17.44.34.png

thanks

Are you building using Git sources only? Are you still experiencing this issue? Cause I've built Clover last night without a problem using "./buildme XCODE8"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

Are you building using Git sources only? Are you still experiencing this issue? Cause I've built Clover last night without a problem using "./buildme XCODE8"

hello

no issues now with last commits

build 5094

using it now

thanks

• Like 2