Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, D-an-W said:

Sorry if this is totally unrelated and off topic but just wanted to check if any fellow Clover users had this issue with the latest Catalina 10.15.1 Beta release?

873515621_Screenshot2019-10-16at22_43_25.png.db4eb16f4bfd93fc8115cd2255c873b2.png

It's better to post to 10.15.1 Beta 1 Topic: several users had this issue. Not in my case on my Z390 rig (Clover r5096).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

is the F4 command changed? I installed clean Catalina and trying to create origins ACPI on boot with F4 but nothing happens. After boot, I am checking origins files in EFI but it's always empty no files. 

Could you please someone guide to me how can I create origins ACPI files on Catalina? or am I doing something wrong?

1 minute ago, telepati said:

is the F4 command changed? I installed clean Catalina and trying to create origins ACPI on boot with F4 but nothing happens. After boot, I am checking origins files in EFI but it's always empty no files. 

Could you please someone guide to me how can I create origins ACPI files on Catalina? or am I doing something wrong?

F4 should be pressed in Clover GUI, not in Catalina.

9 minutes ago, Slice said:

F4 should be pressed in Clover GUI, not in Catalina.

Of course. I already said I am trying to create origins ACPI on boot with F4 (it's mean on Clover GUI). But the folder always empty doesn't create anything. BTW I am using the latest clover v5096.

I tried 3 times and it's always empty.

Edited by telepati
  • Sad 1

@Slice also this version r5096 doesn't create an ACPI folder on the first install. After making clean install I boot with the hotkey and install this version to my drive and when I checked my EFI no ACPI folder created. Normally clover always creates an ACPI folder. I will test with other versions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, telepati said:

@Slice also this version r5096 doesn't create an ACPI folder on the first install. After making clean install I boot with the hotkey and install this version to my drive and when I checked my EFI no ACPI folder created. Normally clover always creates an ACPI folder. I will test with other versions.

Right. Clover always create a ACPI folder. Test with other version is not necessary.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Right. Clover always create a ACPI folder. Test with other version is not necessary. 

But, I tested it and no ACPI folder created. I installed all versions from GitHub and none of them create an ACPI folder.

Normally Clover always adding crucial folders every new update. For example, I am deleting (10.12 10.13, 10.14, etc.) inside of the kexts folder. When I update clover its always create this folder again. I delete it ACPI folder which I created manually and install clover again its creating other folders but it doesn't create an ACPI folder.

Edited by telepati

42 minutes ago, telepati said:

But, I tested it and no ACPI folder created. I installed all versions from GitHub and none of them create an ACPI folder.

Normally Clover always adding crucial folders every new update. For example, I am deleting (10.12 10.13, 10.14, etc.) inside of the kexts folder. When I update clover its always create this folder again. I delete it ACPI folder which I created manually and install clover again its creating other folders but it doesn't create an ACPI folder.

Should be already resolved

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/commit/e9ba34e5a1fcda2bc4bceca796b4dda6afdc3fd3

but not in the release yet.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Slice

Clover r5096 - 902c497a compile: there is a issue here. Instead of update, a fresh EFI folder in USB pendrive is create beside the existing one. 

I don't understand why.

You meant it was forced to copied to a new name?..because it can't be the same folder name. I am kinda confused here.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

You meant it was forced to copied to a new name?..because it can't be the same folder name. I am kinda confused here.

Clover r5096 - commit '902c497a' create a clean EFI Folder beside the good one, with the same name. These is only for USB pen drive. Strange.

SOLVED: all works fine

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

Uhmmb, I think what he meant; when installing Clover v2.5k r5096 package onto USB Pendrive; old EFI there replaced with new one so.. he lost previous files.

Me personally, have no issue with this. Already tried on HighSierra (HFS+) and Catalina (APFS).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, telepati said:

@Slice no release.pkg just source files for r5097?

I have to create new tag and only after that make new compilation. There is a time between new release and actual files.

Check again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, maclinuxG4 said:

hello, i cannot access to read diff to each version to follow from R5092 to r5097, and hackintool propose r5097. So what is the url address to read history of each issue ?

thnaks to all

Just here. Releases and commits

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases

Ran into two problems for legacy bios (non EFi).  After creating a second volume inside the same APFS container and installing Catalina it won’t boot, clover installed in EFI.  The first volume is Mojave no issues.  Is it possible clover in EFI won’t boot 2nd 3rd etc volumes in same container?  I should say it starts to boot but its never able to complete the boot process. I see from verbose boot it stops in my case at the IOUSBHost Interface and the last thing I see before the screen text becomes frozen and shattered with the prohibited sign is the message ‘still waiting for root device’.  I have to assume that the kexts in the EFI partition are not being read?

The second problem is when I partition the single hard drive which creates two containers and install Catalina into the 2nd container’s volume, it only goes through the initial first part of the install process after which a reboot there is no second phase to install to MacOS from clover GUI even though the data install folder does exist with the correct size and files inside the 2nd container’s volume. 

i just now tried this on a SSD with legacy bios same results so it’s not related to the hard drive versus SSD.  

Is there something more I need to do to have multiple MacOS Installs on the same APFS Hard Drive non SSD?  

I have not tried this on a modem EFI bios machine just legacy.  Should there only be one EFI partition even after you partition the drive into multiple containers?

Has anyone tried this on their legacy bios machines getting the same results as me?

Edited:

This is definitely related to legacy bios I tried the same hard drive in an EFI bios machine no problems booting either volume from the same container, and was able to complete the install if the volume was on the 2nd container.  Maybe only related to this motherboard GA-G41M-ES2L?

Edited Again:

I can confirm with another legacy bios machine some issue between the Bios and more current clover revisions from r5093 through r5097 is what I tested so far.  

Edited by oSxFr33k

14 hours ago, oSxFr33k said:

I can confirm with another legacy bios machine some issue between the Bios and more current clover revisions from r5093 through r5097 is what I tested so far.

I have no issue, just dd boot0ss to disk0 && boot1f32 to disk0s1 with Legacy (GPT + EFI). Having 2 macOS(es) inside APFS Container: Mojave 10.14.6 + Catalina 10.15 and they're able to boot. Not really sure with IOUSBHost issue, OS version specific may be? I remember still need "FixOwnership" under Device if booting Clover Legacy (I use patched ACPI for USB btw)

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

I have no issue, just dd boot0ss to disk0 && boot1f32 to disk0s1 with Legacy (GPT + EFI). Having 2 macOS(es) inside APFS Container: Mojave 10.14.6 + Catalina 10.15 and they're able to boot. Not really sure with IOUSBHost issue, OS version specific may be? I remember still need "FixOwnership" under Device if booting Clover Legacy (I use patched ACPI for USB btw)

It just stops booting at that point nothing wrong with USB because the other drive has Catalina on it and it boots just fine.   I also have a second Catalina installed onto 2nd volume of first container and first volume of 2nd container.   I have to try this instead I have been using boot0af forever with legacy bios, never tried boot0ss, and maybe now with new APFS need boot0ss?.  Are you using the legacy only clover installer or the latest clover package that allows for legacy settings?  During clover install you chose boot0ss then reboot then in terminal ran dd command?  What if I have a second container what would the command be for that, just change to "&& to boot1s1' for example?  Is there a new thread going on about this with new APFS and legacy boot would like to get more information on it.  Thanks!

Edited by oSxFr33k
  • Thanks 1