Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,868 posts in this topic

try to remove all *.aml in ACPI/patches folder.

hell no. for what i will do that?

getSMCprovider error on your screen is clearly said you that FakeSMC is not loaded.

That's all.

Your debug.log

44:047  0:016  Use origin smbios table type 1 guid.
44:061  0:014  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
44:075  0:013  Custom boot screen not used because entry has unset use graphics
44:086  0:011  Closing log

Where is any FakeSMC?

where is his place. i could give this question to clover developers

PS: I'll remind once again, old 4233 clover works just ok.

thanks

Quick question @Slice, is Clover Legacy EDK I or II?

"Clover legacy" doesn't mean "ancient Clover". It means modern Clover to boot ancient computers.  :wink_anim:

hell no. for what i will do that?

where is his place. i could give this question to clover developers

PS: I'll remind once again, old 4233 clover works just ok.

thanks

Some changes for kexts injection did occur but I don't know what is bad in your configuration for new Clover compared to 4233.

Place FakeSMC into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and try again.

• Like 2

"Clover legacy" doesn't mean "ancient Clover". It means modern Clover to boot ancient computers.  :wink_anim:

Some changes for kexts injection did occur but I don't know what is bad in your configuration for new Clover compared to 4233.

Place FakeSMC into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and try again.

some posts above i uploaded my efi. all ok in my config

EFI with preboot

Attached Files
  • zip.gif  EFI.zip   2.21MB   10 downloads
  •  

?

thanks. but looks like you messed up plist) take a look. (kernel patch to kextstopatch location/ P C states I have already on SSDT/ DSDT Fix shutdown? I don't have no shutdown not sleep/wake problems)

thanks. but looks like you messed up plist) take a look. (kernel patch to kextstopatch location/ P C states I have already on SSDT/ DSDT Fix shutdown? I don't have no shutdown not sleep/wake problems)

I did not miss;  it just to know if his boot with this config
that's what's important to know

Yep, but you really should use only ONE!!! way of making CPU P & C states - by Clover generate OR by SSDT.aml (pike alpha script made) , not use both. 

This is in depended from the boot problem with newest beta Clover.

I think the clover devs will tell you same :)    ( I am an intermediate Clover knower :) )

EDIT: Interesting!!!! In the prelog clover tells it generates P/C states BUT in your config.plist is no setup/ no keys  for generate P/C states (that config.plist section is missed). So Clover (new) enables  generate P/Cstates  by default - if nothing set about that in config.plist? 

Can it be that your older Clover works, because it uses other default settings if some functions - like generate P/C states or not set in the config.plist? Could be that newer clover sets some other defaults for missing functions /keys in the config.plist-

I think such  things - older work newer not - may come up more often if users update Clover but not also check / update config.plist...

Is best way (for major Clover changes) to use always the config.plist which comes with the clover install and update settinsg from saved older config by hand?

Q: To clover devs :)  What happens in his case using both generate Clover p/C states and also SSDt.aml C/P States? 

EDIT: In the boot loog first is SSDT.aml inserted/used then later comes generate P/C States by clover in the log. So Clover overwrites the SSDT.aml inserted complete or only some part and result is an mixed up SSDT in case of P/C States?

You can only have one definition of each ACPI namespace, it will refuse to load any definitions after the first, and say that the namespace was already declared. There is bug, I can confirm as I am getting AICPUPM kernel panic where I wasn't before....

You can only have one definition of each ACPI namespace, it will refuse to load any definitions after the first, and say that the namespace was already declared. There is bug, I can confirm as I am getting AICPUPM kernel panic where I wasn't before....

ole. hows that? I am not alone :D

I did not miss;  it just to know if his boot with this config
that's what's important to know

kernel patch to kextstopatch location? thats your idea to test?

Simple test please  the config

because looks like thats not work with yours  :D

ok ok :D 

ok ok :D

Sheet. Something like that I was expect.79853feb62fdcde99f7569702306aaad.jpg

ok. no more tests. waiting for @fabiosun confirmation. thanks.

clover need to be fixed

looking for brave enough people

• Like 1

you think i not tested already this combinations :) thanks

try this :) with your original setting that can boot r4233

No more to comment.11825a534416e13c3d850c1e9d7aac79.jpg

you think i not tested already this combinations :) thanks

No more to comment.11825a534416e13c3d850c1e9d7aac79.jpg

PS. clover 4200 also OK