Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

i checked it. there is no reset function for Emuvariabled nvram

i implemented nvram reset feature.

i tested various test. as result,

RT/BT vals control is not good on EmuVariable system to remove Variable. also clover always load nvram.plist file. RT/BT is temp control.

still remains nvram.plist ESP/MBR. so remove nvram.plist and soft reboot, load clover gui again. its best for EmuVariable system.

now, remains cosmetic and native support nvram system

soon i will commit.

thanks

So the variables still are not being deleted after I changed that code? I would just go through and put some DBG messages all through the course of deleting the variable and see where it's failing then. It has to be somewhere in SetVariable or FindVariable or UpdateVariable or UpdateVariableInfo.... If EmuVariable is present then there is global variable that says so, so then remove all nvram.plist when you do this reset, otherwise they just will be reloaded again, if present.

EDIT: And new one will be created after next logout.

EDIT2: It may also be worth noting that there is situation here where normal nvram could have these values and be being transferred into EmuVariable, since nvram works before exit boot services. It might also be good to temporarily disable EmuVariable if it's enabled and reset as the real nvram as well, then reenable it.

Well, with

<key>KernelXCPM</key>
<false/> 

stuck in PCI configuration begin

what's happening with clover? some time after every clover update pc won't boot.... fishy

Stuck here means graphics issue.

I was using the plist find and replace option in kext to patch but maybe it does not work even though I have clover force loading them. but that was just a test also to try and add my device id to amd5000controller.kext and amdlegacysupport.kext. its simpler to probably just replace the card with one that works native and let it be. I tried 3 other graphics cards that "just work" this one should have worked with injection but nothings perfect right.

You don't have a correct format for the patching search and replace strings, that's why those errors are appearing there. There is an actual fake id key that you can set to fake the id without patching, you can just set that. If you want to patch you need to convert the ASCII/Unicode text to hexadecimal or base64 encoding, yes what you had in there is a hexadecimal number but it's encoded in ASCII, not hexadecimal encoding. Just use base64, look online for ASCII to base64 converter, convert the strings correctly to base64, and if you are using <string> tag change to <data> or if <data> change to <string>. Then the patch will work.

So the variables still are not being deleted after I changed that code? I would just go through and put some DBG messages all through the course of deleting the variable and see where it's failing then. It has to be somewhere in SetVariable or FindVariable or UpdateVariable or UpdateVariableInfo.... If EmuVariable is present then there is global variable that says so, so then remove all nvram.plist when you do this reset, otherwise they just will be reloaded again, if present.

EDIT2: It may also be worth noting that there is situation here where normal nvram could have these values and be being transferred into EmuVariable, since nvram works before exit boot services. It might also be good to temporarily disable EmuVariable if it's enabled and reset as the real nvram as well, then reenable it.

Stuck here means graphics issue.

You don't have a correct format for the patching search and replace strings, that's why those errors are appearing there. There is an actual fake id key that you can set to fake the id without patching, you can just set that. If you want to patch you need to convert the ASCII/Unicode text to hexadecimal or base64 encoding, yes what you had in there is a hexadecimal number but it's encoded in ASCII, not hexadecimal encoding. Just use base64, look online for ASCII to base64 converter, convert the strings correctly to base64, and if you are using <string> tag change to <data> or if <data> change to <string>. Then the patch will work.

Stuck here means graphics issue? could you be more explicit please. take note that with clover 4233 no such thing 

Stuck here means graphics issue? could you be more explicit please. take note that with clover 4233 no such thing

Upload your config file except private keys.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

yes. can't still delete variables. Set/Find/Update is good but there is still nvram on esp/mac root, clover always load again next boot. after reset(Set/Find/Update if works), always delete nvram.plist as manual on emulvariable system.

so i selected nvram delete method, and tested it. shown good result. but remain little issue.

Things change, man. Could be any number of reasons. You don't need to upgrade every time if you have working stuff. There are new features and fixes of previous stuff that was broken, so maybe you have something enabled that is now working but wasn't before, or vice versa. Hard to say without config.plist and boot.log.

yes. can't still delete variables. Set/Find/Update is good but there is still nvram on esp/mac root, clover always load again next boot. after reset(Set/Find/Update if works), always delete nvram.plist as manual on emulvariable system.

so i selected nvram delete method, and tested it. shown good result. but remain little issue.

Dump the nvram with EmuVariable enabled and see what comes out, are those keys present? There's something going on, it should be deleting them, otherwise that's a problem, means that it probably isn't deleting any variables... Also I was saying you can automatically delete all those nvram.plist when doing this reset because there is a variable that says EmuVariable was loaded and is enabled. No need to make it a manual thing.

Upload your config file except private keys.

Sherlocks apianti thanks in advance

@Mickhael

it seems iocpifamily patch does not load

if it is right try to remove matchos for it... or to put for it extended name in name (sherlocks teaches me but I don't remember)

thanks. changed to 10.13.x. strange if will works) working now just ok with old clover... but need to try)

thanks. changed to 10.13.x. strange if will works) working now just ok with old clover... but need to try)

Changed somehow) after edit 10.13.x other))...

And, if I wait some time, black screen with back light and changing to write screen if I push some buttons on keyboard))

0549b8ee4abdd79d202973675eb12df5.jpg

thanks. changed to 10.13.x. strange if will works) working now just ok with old clover... but need to try)

Changed somehow) after edit 10.13.x other))...

And, if I wait some time, black screen with back light and changing to write screen if I push some buttons on keyboard))

0549b8ee4abdd79d202973675eb12df5.jpg

I used to get that timeout with my Asus after a reset. A couple of reboots fixed it. Could have been a cache thing for me?

FakeSMC failing to load?

You should read the comment by fusion71au, a few back, it fully answers your question and how to solve it. I have no idea if it's fixed yet or not, it's weird that it would just stop working all the sudden because that's the same method that it was using previously

The installer path to boot.efi on the "Boot OS X" partition for Fusion Drives changed from /System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi (in El Capitan) to /com.apple.boot.R/boot.efi (in Sierra & High Sierra)...

El Capitan

post-846696-0-42067800-1510537588_thumb.png

vs Sierra & High Sierra

post-846696-0-28906600-1510537654_thumb.png

• Like 1

Known issue. I have experienced it from dp1 to beta2.

Click right button and remove it

Thanks, Hows your battery indicator going? Mine only displays on boot when i have charger plugged and turn on / reboot. If its unplugged then it does not appear and i have to manually check the box. Not sure if Clover issue or kext issue. Maybe @RehabMan can comment?

Thanks, Hows your battery indicator going? Mine only displays on boot when i have charger plugged and turn on / reboot. If its unplugged then it does not appear and i have to manually check the box. Not sure if Clover issue or kext issue. Maybe @RehabMan can comment?

my BI is perfect.

BI check list

1. did you disable trim patch?

2. did you try to check/test bootarg?

• add kernel flag "abm_firstpolldelay" to allow override of FirstPollDelay with simple kernel flag entry (config.plist/Boot/Arguments). For example, to set FirstPollDelay to 16000 (16 seconds), use abm_firstpolldelay=16000
  • Like 1

my BI is perfect.

BI check list

1. did you disable trim patch?

2. did you try to check/test bootarg?

• add kernel flag "abm_firstpolldelay" to allow override of FirstPollDelay with simple kernel flag entry (config.plist/Boot/Arguments). For example, to set FirstPollDelay to 16000 (16 seconds), use abm_firstpolldelay=16000

Which value should i use? Even with trim patch disabled and using abm_firstpolldelay=16000 i still get no B.I.

EDIT: Working 100% now with abm_firstpolldelay.

Well, with

<key>KernelXCPM</key>
<false/> 
stuck in PCI configuration begin

You can add more PCI configuration logging by adding pci=1 to boot arguments in Clover config.plist. Maybe it will show what device is causing the problem? The pci= flags are listed at https://opensource.apple.com/source/IOPCIFamily/IOPCIFamily-320.1.1/IOKit/pci/IOPCIConfigurator.h.auto.html

PCI logging might be useful to get Thunderbolt probe (for hot plug) in the future.

You can add more PCI configuration logging by adding pci=1 to boot arguments in Clover config.plist. Maybe it will show what device is causing the problem? The pci= flags are listed at https://opensource.apple.com/source/IOPCIFamily/IOPCIFamily-320.1.1/IOKit/pci/IOPCIConfigurator.h.auto.html

PCI logging might be useful to get Thunderbolt probe (for hot plug) in the future.

Thanks. I will try

Ok, and how to deal with it? If you know, what is changed over from 4233 to 4297 that's not loading fakesmc.

Maybe your custom High Sierra Entry is interfering with os ver detection in Clover r4297 but not r4233.

With Clover r4233, your boot.log under [ AddCustomEntries ] shows Clover is detecting your High Sierra custom entry as 10.13.1...

8:223  0:008  Custom settings: <null string>.plist will  be applied
8:223  0:000  chosen os 10.13.1
8:256  0:032      Checking volume "Recovery" (PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1,0x1)\Pci(0x0,0x0)\NVMe(0x1,00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00)\HD(2,GPT,

but with r4297, the line "chosen os 10.13.1" is missing...

8:418  0:008  Custom settings: <null string>.plist will  be applied
8:422  0:004      Checking volume "Recovery" (PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1,0x1)\Pci(0x0,0x0)\NVMe(0x1,00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00)\HD(2,GPT,72F936FF-2F5E-46B0-99B4-04CFAE5FB052,0x64800,0xEED0800)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,C75337538ACA8B4784FF587E39EFE541)) ... skipped

Suggestions

• Remove the custom entry for High Sierra and see if booting the auto scanned HS entry makes a difference
  • Make sure FakeSMC is in /CLOVER/kexts/Other (or temporarily install in SLE/LE so we can get full boot.log from Clover r4297)
  • Like 1

Maybe your custom High Sierra Entry is interfering with os ver detection in Clover r4297 but not r4233.

With Clover r4233, your boot.log shows Clover is detecting your High Sierra custom entry as 10.13.1...

8:223  0:008  Custom settings: <null string>.plist will  be applied
8:223  0:000  chosen os 10.13.1
8:256  0:032	  Checking volume "Recovery" (PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1,0x1)\Pci(0x0,0x0)\NVMe(0x1,00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00)\HD(2,GPT,
but with r4297, the line "chosen os 10.13.1" is missing...
8:418  0:008  Custom settings: <null string>.plist will  be applied
8:422  0:004      Checking volume "Recovery" (PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1,0x1)\Pci(0x0,0x0)\NVMe(0x1,00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00)\HD(2,GPT,72F936FF-2F5E-46B0-99B4-04CFAE5FB052,0x64800,0xEED0800)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,C75337538ACA8B4784FF587E39EFE541)) ... skipped
Suggestions
  • Remove the custom entry for High Sierra and see if booting the auto scanned HS entry makes a difference
  • Make sure FakeSMC is in /CLOVER/kexts/Other (or temporarily install in SLE/LE so we can get full boot.log from Clover r4297)

FakeSMC? When i question about the differences between 4233 and 4297 I think it's logic that I don't alter and change anything in EFI... Will test and report your idea about entries. Thanks

Hi all,

in the latest versions of Clover more options about hibernation have come out. Particularly (as from Clover configurator):

• StrictHibernate
  • NeverHibernate
  • HibernationFixUp
  • SkipHibernateTimeout

does anyone know what they mean and how/when we should use them? ... TIA :) 

I'm still facing problems with hibernation on my rig... 

Hi all,

in the latest versions of Clover more options about hibernation have come out. Particularly (as from Clover configurator):

• StrictHibernate
  • NeverHibernate
  • HibernationFixUp
  • SkipHibernateTimeout

does anyone know what they mean and how/when we should use them? ... TIA :)

I'm still facing problems with hibernation on my rig... 

About StrictHibernate   #43 

NeverHibernate - as it named

HibernationFixUp - for use with Lilu+HibernationFixup plugin

SkipHibernateTimeout - as it named, if your config contains Timeout=5second then during hibernate wake the timeout will be zero to speedup the process.

Anyway hibernation may not work for different reason.

• Like 2

Ok, and how to deal with it? If you know, what is changed over from 4233 to 4297 that's not loading fakesmc.

I thought I posted this but I don't see it so maybe I didn't or it got deleted or something. You have no FakeSMC. I can see from your log that it is in kexts\Other and prepared for injection. So either injection is failing or you disabled the kext from being injected.