Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Your problem is don't inject every kext ever. Remove any kext that is not necessary to boot. And install the rest properly in /S/L/E. Also don't put the same kexts in Other and a version folder.

• Like 1

I don't have access to the config.plists for my machines but for a long time now, like forever my i7-6700k caps out at 4ghz not 4.2ghz and my i7-4510 tops out at 2.6 or 2.8 can't remember instead of 3.2ghz. Is this a clover issue, config issue or something else? I know it would be hard to guess without configs but a point in the right direction would be helpful. Yes I have a ssdt generated correctly from ssdtprgen.

If wrong section please move and let me know.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't have access to the config.plists for my machines but for a long time now, like forever my i7-6700k caps out at 4ghz not 4.2ghz and my i7-4510 tops out at 2.6 or 2.8 can't remember instead of 3.2ghz. Is this a clover issue, config issue or something else? I know it would be hard to guess without configs but a point in the right direction would be helpful. Yes I have a ssdt generated correctly from ssdtprgen.

Attach clover log. I will check

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Nah, this is because different SMBIOSes have different p-states. Either use a different SMBIOS or edit the file(s) in /S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/

Clover bootlog.

attachicon.gifbootlog.log.txt

On i7-4510u, what is 3.2ghz that you mentioned?

Turbo speed max? Can you use overclock in your laptop? I see you did set 3,200 cpu frqeuncy in config.plist. right?

Add

https://ark.intel.com/products/81015/Intel-Core-i7-4510U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_10-GHz

Max turbo frequency 3.10ghz

• Like 1

On i7-4510u, what is 3.2ghz that you mentioned?

Turbo speed max? Can you use overclock in your laptop? I see you did set 3,200 cpu frqeuncy in config.plist. right?

3.2 is turbo yes. It's a 2ghz processor with max turbo of 3.2 according to Intel. The 3.200 in config.plist was a test. No I can't overclock my laptop.

3.2 is turbo yes. It's a 2ghz processor with max turbo of 3.2 according to Intel. The 3.200 in config.plist was a test. No I can't overclock my laptop.

What you did is wrong. Remove 3200 cpu frequency in config.plist.

What you did is wrong. Remove 3200 cpu frequency in config.plist.

As I said it was a test. Even with the cpu field empty it still doesn't reach max turbo.

Nah, this is because different SMBIOSes have different p-states. Either use a different SMBIOS or edit the file(s) in /S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/

Can you suggest a smbios? For both machines in my signature?

Oh, actually it looks like you're fine. What's happening is that in order to get max turbo you must have only one core active, as each core is activated the maximum turbo lowers and it can only be used as long as there is thermal overhead available. If you aren't using a kext that spits out all the states that are being used you probably aren't going to catch your CPU at max turbo very often. I thought that you weren't reaching your CPU base frequency.

Oh, actually it looks like you're fine. What's happening is that in order to get max turbo you must have only one core active, as each core is activated the maximum turbo lowers and it can only be used as long as there is thermal overhead available. If you aren't using a kext that spits out all the states that are being used you probably aren't going to catch your CPU at max turbo very often. I thought that you weren't reaching your CPU base frequency.

Learn something new every day. Thanks for the info. The only "monitor" I use is the Intel power gadget and on both machines I've never ever seen them hit max turbo as stated earlier, Skylake tops at 4ghz and Haswell tops at either 2.6ghz or 2.8ghz can't remember of the top of my head.

The ssdtprgen script picks up all states including turbo states on both machines and appleintelinfo.kext shows all states as well. Was just curious as to why I couldn't "see" the max turbo on the Intel power gadget but I guess I know now

Question about Drop OEM true, that will drop all native SSDTs or drop all OEM not just SSDT?  Does Drop OEM need to be true if dropping specific "Drop Tables", or if one only needs to drop specific ones then change back to false and list whichever ones you want to drop?

Question about Drop OEM true, that will drop all native SSDTs or drop all OEM not just SSDT?  Does Drop OEM need to be true if dropping specific "Drop Tables", or if one only needs to drop specific ones then change back to false and list whichever ones you want to drop?

Hi.

1. If I remember correctly, that will only drop OEM SSDT instead of everything.

2. No, and it must be false, otherwise all OEM SSDT will be dropped instead of specific ones declared in "Drop Tables".

(i.e. If Drop OEM = true, then "Drop Tables" will be ignored and Clover will always drop all OEM SSDT.)

• Like 1

Hi.

1. If I remember correctly, that will only drop OEM SSDT instead of everything.

2. No, and it must be false, otherwise all OEM SSDT will be dropped instead of specific ones declared in "Drop Tables".

(i.e. If Drop OEM = true, then "Drop Tables" will be ignored and Clover will always drop all OEM SSDT.)

But you can also drop other non SSDT tables like DMAR correct so if you add that table with Drop OEM true will it still drop DMAR if added to Drop Tables?

I can't get correct resolution in clover boot menu and apple boot logo, it's 1024x768 instead 1920x1080.

Clover r4097 installed Legacy on MBR, second hack in signature(HP HDX 16).

• Like 1

But you can also drop other non SSDT tables like DMAR correct so if you add that table with Drop OEM true will it still drop DMAR if added to Drop Tables?

Well, yes. If DropOEM = true then all OEM SSDTs will be dropped by it, besides if you are tending to drop other tables like DMAR, they'll be also dropped if you set it in Drop Tables section.

• Like 1

I can't get correct resolution in clover boot menu and apple boot logo, it's 1024x768 instead 1920x1080.

Clover r4097 installed Legacy on MBR, second hack in signature(HP HDX 16).

Did you set the resolution you want in config.plist? You may also need csmvideo driver. CsmVideoDxe-64.efi I think it is.

I don't think drop OEM works in clover anymore.at least it didn't when testing high Sierra, I had to manually add the tables to config to drop them. but that can also be related to the config.plist bug that will not load a secondary config.plist properly.

Did you set the resolution you want in config.plist? You may also need csmvideo driver. CsmVideoDxe-64.efi I think it is.

Yeah I set resolution, but my bios is legacy and don't have CSM option in it, AFAIK for csmvideodxe it's needed an uefi bios.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Yeah I set resolution, but my bios is legacy and don't have CSM option in it, AFAIK for csmvideodxe it's needed an uefi bios.

Check patchvbios on graphics in clover configurator.

Check patchvbios on graphics in clover configurator.

It's checked, also I tried to save video bios from windows with GPU-Z but it says bios for this card can't be saved.

It's checked, also I tried to save video bios from windows with GPU-Z but it says bios for this card can't be saved.

Nah, MBR has no EFI Partition afaik, create Clover USB and boot from it:

- Install Clover in the ESP
- Bootloader: Install boot0ss in MBR

Press F6 hotkey to dump VideoBios, then it'll be saved to /EFI/CLOVER/misc with *.bin format (mount ur USB's EFI Partition 1st)

Ofc, U could also using Linux to dump it which is same result I guess...

lspci -nn
cd /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000\:01\:00.0
echo 1 >rom
cp rom /tmp/rom_dump

*) lspci address depends on ur device

These are for dumping purpose only, to make it works (but I'm not really sure since my Nvidia got proper resolution on Clover GUI w/o load or patch VBios):

... rename vbios.bin to "product-id_device-id.rom" (example for GT 520M: 10de_1050.rom) then place to /EFI/CLOVER/ROM folder.

Under Clover Configurator - Graphics section, check "LoadVBios" (or LoadVBios=true). Plz correct me if I was wrong.

I remember using Chameleon got no issue with only checking Video Resolution for my native Display (using G210, but on my case it was on 10.6.x era)

Nah, MBR has no EFI Partition afaik, create Clover USB and boot from it:

- Install Clover in the ESP
- Bootloader: Install boot0ss in MBR
Press F6 hotkey to dump VideoBios, then it'll be saved to /EFI/CLOVER/misc with *.bin format (mount ur USB's EFI Partition 1st)

Ofc, U could also using Linux to dump it which is same result I guess...

lspci -nn
cd /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000\:01\:00.0
echo 1 >rom
cp rom /tmp/rom_dump

*) lspci address depends on ur device
These are for dumping purpose only, to make it works (but I'm not really sure since my Nvidia got proper resolution on Clover GUI w/o load or patch VBios):

... rename vbios.bin to "product-id_device-id.rom" (example for GT 520M: 10de_1050.rom) then place to /EFI/CLOVER/ROM folder.

Under Clover Configurator - Graphics section, check "LoadVBios" (or LoadVBios=true). Plz correct me if I was wrong.

I remember using Chameleon got no issue with only checking Video Resolution for my native Display (using G210, but on my case it was on 10.6.x era)

Thanks but I solved my problem in another way, I injected EDID and checked PatchVBios and now I have full hd resolution at boot.

I have another problem but I don't think it's the right thread for it: The Built-in Display is detected as Projector.

• Like 1

Thanks but I solved my problem in another way, I injected EDID and checked PatchVBios and now I have full hd resolution at boot.

I have another problem but I don't think it's the right thread for it: The Built-in Display is detected as Projector.

Ah OK, move to Graphics thread for ur "Projector" problem  :lol:

on my case, I have this patch on GFX0 within DSDT:

"@0,built-in", 
Buffer (0x04)
{
  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01                         
},

Good luck.