Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

@Slice or @apianti quick question, what does these mean in bootlog:

7:185  0:000  RADEON_CRTC2_GEN_CNTL == 0xFFFFFFFF
7:185  0:000   card not posted because GEN_CNTL = -1
7:185  0:000  ATI card non-POSTed, 

Would this be the cause of requiring iGPU as primary in bios settings for newer AMD gfx cards? If so anyway to change it?

• Like 1

Hello. When I install clover, does it copy/create/modify any files outside of the EFI partition. I just reinstalled OS X and I didn't format the whole drive. just the partition where OS X resides. When I reinstalled Clover, all my previous edits (modified config.plist, FakeSMC.kext in kext/Others and others changes) are still present.

I guess I'm just wondering if I need to reinstall clover every time I reinstall OS X.

Thanks a lot.

Hello. When I install clover, does it copy/create/modify any files outside of the EFI partition. I just reinstalled OS X and I didn't format the whole drive. just the partition where OS X resides. When I reinstalled Clover, all my previous edits (modified config.plist, FakeSMC.kext in kext/Others and others changes) are still present.

I guess I'm just wondering if I need to reinstall clover every time I reinstall OS X.

Thanks a lot.

Clover can modify files outside the EFI partition. When you're in the Clover installer, choose "Show Files" from the "File" menu.

"UEFI booting only" affects the EFI folder.

The "CloverEFI" options are for booting Clover from legacy BIOS. They add some info to /usr on the macOS partition, which is used to setup boot blocks on the boot drive.

RC scripts and Clover Preferences Pane also go to the macOS partition.

Everything else (Themes, Drivers) goes to the EFI folder.

@Slice or @apianti quick question, what does these mean in bootlog:

7:185  0:000  RADEON_CRTC2_GEN_CNTL == 0xFFFFFFFF
7:185  0:000   card not posted because GEN_CNTL = -1
7:185  0:000  ATI card non-POSTed, 

Would this be the cause of requiring iGPU as primary in bios settings for newer AMD gfx cards? If so anyway to change it?

When you turn on your PC then BIOS will perform POST procedures to initialize hardware.

The big problem of hackintosh is those procedures are not the same as in real Mac.

First of all the initializing of newer AMD cards.

The best result will be if you modify AMD card VideoBIOS so way that it will not initialize the card.

Or usual way is to make embedded Intel  card as primary and AMD is secondary and let CSM initialise only primary card.

Will be very interesting to find a way to deinitialize the card by Clover but I still didn't find what to do.

Now I have no more AMD card and stop the developement.

Brave developers, go!

Hi Carmine,

I am fine but I can't catch what about you. Can you make preboot.log with this long pause?

I also suffered from osxaptio drive.

My xps15 only can use v1 before bios1.2.21 and v2 cant boot.

But after bios 1.2.25 the v1 cant boot anymore so i changed to v2 and use ((x-10000)/20000) to calculate the slide value and it works.

However this method also have problems such we must use sip over 0x40(Nvram) or it wont boot into osx.And the safe mode and single mode cant boot into.

Different is XPS13 can use osxatiov2 without any slide value.

I guess the osxaptio driver haven't update many years and i think it maybe some bugs with these new motherboards or chips and what a pity the damazr leave.

Now we may build a new driver to solve the memory allocation and this problem not only showed in Aptio BIOS but in almost all motherboards.

PS:Dont forge the Lowmenfix driver it may give some idea such as osxaptio-free2000 is osxaptiov2 + lowmenfix .

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

• Like 1

Clover4076 (UEFI).

11:020  0:000  Framebuffer @0xE0000000  MMIO @0xF7E20000 I/O Port @0x0000E000 ROM Addr @0xF7E00000
11:020  0:000  PCI region 1 = 0x00000000, region3 = 0x00000000, region5 = 0x00000000
11:020  0:000  BIOS_0_SCRATCH=0x00000004, 1=0x000000FF, 2=0x00000000, 3=0x00000000, 4=0x00000000, 5=0x00000000, 6=0x00000000
11:020  0:000  RADEON_CRTC2_GEN_CNTL == 0x00000000
11:020  0:000   card posted because CONFIG_MEMSIZE=0x400
11:020  0:000  ATI card POSTed, 
11:020  0:000  Set VRAM from config=1024Mb
11:020  0:000  ATI: get_vram_size returned 0x40000000
11:020  0:000  ATI Radeon EVERGREEN+ family
11:020  0:000  Users config name Uakari
11:020  0:000  (AtiPorts) Nr of ports set to: 4
11:020  0:000  ATI Cypress ATI Radeon HD 5870 Series 1024MB (Uakari) [1002:6898] (subsys [1002:0B00]):: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1,0x0)\Pci(0x0,0x0)
11:020  0:000  stringlength = 3344
11:021  0:000  CurrentMode: Width=1024 Height=768
11:021  0:000  Beginning FSInjection

i tested all today

i mentioned this

------------------------------------

i tested many times. seems to get no memory error now.

but i can't pass kernel log with -v

post-980913-0-69552000-1495303718_thumb.

Ram 8(4x2) dual channel 2. And dimm0,2 but onboard ram

------> i used only OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. no problem, -x, -v boot

also my laptop has similar issue. i used aptiofixv2

here

normal boot no problem. just can't boot if i use -x boot arg

------> i used only OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. i can boot -x and -v boot.

------------------------------------

But i dont suggest osxaptiofree2000 because this driver is not same with osxaptiov2.

It has changed many code and we dont know.

But i dont suggest osxaptiofree2000 because this driver is not same with osxaptiov2.

It has changed many code and we dont know.

Yes. Just report that shown best result.

If get idea from free2000, will help it.

Now, i never get failed boot with memory error.

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

@RehabMan:

Any chance of incorporating the patches of IntelGraphicsFixup.kext into a Clover patch?

I probably won't look at doing that until I have hardware that demonstrates the problem.

So far, I don't have any HD520/HD530/HD620/HD630 hardware.

• Like 1

@Zenith432 - 

@RehabMan:

Any chance of incorporating the patches of IntelGraphicsFixup.kext into a Clover patch?

do you mean a Clover kext patch? or am I missing something? 

FWIW, I tested the SKL frame buffer patch on my SKL 520 with these 2 methods:

1. clover kext patch
  2. Lilu kext patch. 

- Clover patching works - of course, once the graphics kext is in cache - which can be tricky

- Lilu - works with or without caching - so can also work with Installers.

happy to share anything

I find that count shouldn't even be an issue here, why are we not just searching the whole kernel or kext and replacing all instances. If you don't want a patch to happen in multiple places then the patch search should be made longer so it's unique.... I doubt very much that restricting the count is going to effect a great amount of compute time, or even just use zero (or lack of setting) to represent all instances. Then both ways can be used.

As well there is no need to keep MatchOS and MatchBuild. Just make patch search to be unique.

Hi, Guys. I have a problem with clover.

I can't dump my ACPI DSDT's using f4, or via f1 menu manually selecting that option. As well as I can't dump log using f2.... 

I do have EFI partition in FAT32, so I don't know what else could be wrong.

I create usb drive as in the following post 

I used GPT to install osx on my nvme drive, but dumping neither work from usb not from ssd drive... Is there anything I can do?

post-2093276-0-68406300-1495443127_thumb.jpg

post-2093276-0-97176600-1495443131_thumb.jpg

As well there is no need to keep MatchOS and MatchBuild. Just make patch search to be unique.

MatchOS and MatchBuild are very useful features.

• Like 3

I think the code in IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup is sound.

Problem is in Lilu...

I will need more time to become familiar with the Lilu code.

For now, I'd rather use KextsToPatch.  It is simple and reliable.

Hi there, I was linked to this discussion on applelife. Could you explain me what's the issue, and what exactly fails?

Data patching is not an issue for Lilu, it works fine in AppleALC.

The only issue I could think of is a bug in Lilu prior to 1.1.1 that prevented two kexts patching the same kext, so make sure you are up to date.

It kind of sucks that you have to specify the number of matches (way to specify "all that match"?)... suppose you could just specify 4096 (or some other relatively large number?)

You could specify 0 to replace all the occurrences, but specifying a correct value makes a faster patch.

• Like 1

Hi there, I was linked to this discussion on applelife. Could you explain me what's the issue, and what exactly fails?

Data patching is not an issue for Lilu, it works fine in AppleALC.

The only issue I could think of is a bug in Lilu prior to 1.1.1 that prevented two kexts patching the same kext, so make sure you are up to date.

You could specify 0 to replace all the occurrences, but specifying a correct value makes a faster patch.

@tluck resolved in post here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/page-650?do=findComment&comment=2427524

I don't think the code at github (IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup) has been updated.

No problem in Lilu... just need to specify the number of max expected patches.

As you mention we can specify 0 to catch all of them, or an accurate value.

Since this data lies near the end of the kext, there is probably no significant performance advantage to specifying anything other than zero.