Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Hi, Filevault works great with Clover rev 3874 - only one bug for now. Keyboard doesn't work until I replug it, then I can enter the password.

That is expected behavior... if you want not haing to replug, either flash UsbKbDxe or wait for AmiShim, which will get released... erm... at some point.

First of all, thank you!  :lol:  I am excited that I can roll my own Clover now!

But, it did not work, unless I am not doing something right. I followed your directions (except for DISABLE_USB_SUPPORT):

===============================================================================

BUILD boot7 with additional macros

<----------------------------------------------------

1) USE_APPLE_HFSPLUS_DRIVER

2) DISABLE_USB_SUPPORT

3) ONLY_SATA_0

4) DISABLE_UDMA_SUPPORT

5) ENABLE_PS2MOUSE_LEGACYBOOT

6) DEBUG_ON_SERIAL_PORT

7) ENABLE_SECURE_BOOT

8) USE_ION

9) DISABLE_USB_MASS_STORAGE

10) ENABLE_USB_OHCI

11) ENABLE_USB_XHCI

12) REAL_NVRAM

13) CHECK_FLAGS

ENABLE_VBIOS_PATCH_CLOVEREFI added!

actual macros defined:

-D USE_BIOS_BLOCKIO -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS -D ENABLE_VBIOS_PATCH_CLOVEREFI

enter you choice or press "b" to build:

But at boot I still only get 1280x1024. At boot screen, if I get Clover info I see: "Screen Output: Graphics Output (UEFI), 1280x1024

Do I remove the "PatchVBios in clover now?

Or is this more what Slice said?

I've attached preboot log:

Oh, sorry. The EDID comes from your display's EEPROM,  ... not from your video card.... so that should be your monitor supporting this high resolution?

EDIT

You still need PatchVBios=true

EDIT

I mean that you should add a correct EDID to be used at boot time, dumping it from windows for example and then inject it in config.plist,

but always using one of this resolutions (quoting again what Slice said). .. if supported by your EDID:

static TABLE_0 nvda_res[RESOLUTIONS_NUMBER] = {
{1280, 720},
{1280, 800},
{1360, 768},
{1400, 1050},
{1440, 900},
{1600, 900},
{1600, 1200},
{1680, 1050},
{1920, 1080},
{1920, 1200},
{2048, 1536}
};

Oops. Cannot compile pkg anymore since r3854... And r3853 was ok.

Got this error on 3854+:

[OBJCOPY] LegacyRegion2Dxe
In file included from /Users/Vanilla/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/Protocols/HashServiceFix/sha1.h:4:0,
                 from /Users/Vanilla/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/Protocols/HashServiceFix/HashServiceFix.c:18:
/Users/Vanilla/CloverGrowerPro/toolchain/cross/lib/gcc/x86_64-clover-linux-gnu/4.9.3/include/stdint.h:9:26: fatal error: stdint.h: No such file or directory
 # include_next <stdint.h>
                          ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [/Users/Vanilla/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/X64/Clover/Protocols/HashServiceFix/HashServiceFix/OUTPUT/HashServiceFix.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/Vanilla/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/X64/Clover/Protocols/HashServiceFix/HashServiceFix]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/Vanilla/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/Protocols/HashServiceFix/HashServiceFix.inf [X64, GCC49, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 03:18:35, Oct.28 2016
Build total time: 00:00:45

Cloverx64  ERROR!!

Ejecting RAM disk
"disk2" unmounted.
"disk2" ejected.

Any idea? Thanks.

PMheart

Oh, sorry. The EDID comes from your display's EEPROM,  ... not from your video card.... so that should be your monitor supporting this high resolution?

Yes, the Dell U2715H is a 2K monitor with a native resolution of 2560x1440. The Nvidia GTX 750Ti graphics card has a maximum digital resolution of 4096x2160 (4K).

Once booted into macOS the monitor displays beautifully at 2560x1440. It is only during Clover boot that I can only get 1280x1024 which is not even wide screen.

Yes, the Dell U2715H is a 2K monitor with a native resolution of 2560x1440. The Nvidia GTX 750Ti graphics card has a maximum digital resolution of 4096x2160 (4K).

Once booted into macOS the monitor displays beautifully at 2560x1440. It is only during Clover boot that I can only get 1280x1024 which is not even wide screen.

That is ok, but consider that at boot time no EDID override is performed. Usually the EDID coming from the EEPROM is only used if the operating system cannot override it (windows use an inf file, osx instead use an xml file containing right data for the monitor when the id match... a lot of monitor, not only Apple are supported), but at boot time the OS is not loaded....

I think the limit is with nvidia cards in VESA mode, possibly over DVI. They won't display over 1280x1024. CsmVideoDxe can fix this, but I haven't tried it on a non-UEFI system.

The only other option is to modify the card's VBIOS and change one of the existing display modes to your monitor's native resolution.

• Like 1

The log says tha is the EDID max resolution.. so IMHO cannot go higer, or cannot match with the card mode:

Parse Edid: descriptor block 0 is timing descriptor (h_active: 2560, v_active: 1440, h_sync_offset: 48, h_sync_width: 32, h_blanking: 160, v_blanking: 41, pixel_clock: 24150, v_sync_offset: 3, v_sync_width: 5)
VideoBiosLock: Success
0:201  0:064     0 640x480 attr=3BF - ok, edid+, 640x480, working, highest, pref=0
0:204  0:002     1 800x600 attr=3BF - ok, edid+, 800x600, working, highest, pref=1
0:206  0:002     2 1024x768 attr=3BF - ok, edid+, 1024x768, working, highest, pref=2
0:208  0:002     3 1280x1024 attr=3BF - ok, edid+, working, highest, pref=3
0:218  0:010  BV new mode: 3 1280x1024

no, you're right. video bios limitation.

I will suggest you to create CustomEDID containing resolution 1920x1080 which is supported by Clover's PatchVBios.

Oops. Cannot compile pkg anymore since r3854... And r3853 was ok.

Got this error on 3854+:

[OBJCOPY] LegacyRegion2Dxe
In file included from /Users/Vanilla/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/Protocols/HashServiceFix/sha1.h:4:0,
                 from /Users/Vanilla/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/Protocols/HashServiceFix/HashServiceFix.c:18:
/Users/Vanilla/CloverGrowerPro/toolchain/cross/lib/gcc/x86_64-clover-linux-gnu/4.9.3/include/stdint.h:9:26: fatal error: stdint.h: No such file or directory
 # include_next <stdint.h>
                          ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [/Users/Vanilla/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/X64/Clover/Protocols/HashServiceFix/HashServiceFix/OUTPUT/HashServiceFix.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/Vanilla/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/X64/Clover/Protocols/HashServiceFix/HashServiceFix]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/Vanilla/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/Protocols/HashServiceFix/HashServiceFix.inf [X64, GCC49, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 03:18:35, Oct.28 2016
Build total time: 00:00:45

Cloverx64  ERROR!!

Ejecting RAM disk
"disk2" unmounted.
"disk2" ejected.

Any idea? Thanks.

PMheart

Hundreds times I told that the idea only one: wait, please, I see.

Hi, Filevault works great with Clover rev 3874 - only one bug for now. Keyboard doesn't work until I replug it, then I can enter the password.

No, the victory is with rev 3876. FileVault2 works with set of drivers provided with Clover, no third-party modules.

Obligatory:

AppleEvent-64.efi

AppleImageCodec-64.efi

AppleKeyAggregator.efi

FirmwareVolume.efi

UsbKbDxe-64.efi

Desirable:

AppleUITheme-64.efi

HashServiceFix-64.efi

AppleGraphicsConfig-64.efi

SMCHelper.efi

Not working yet:

PS2Keyboard

Hibernation on this volume.

• Like 3

Hi, 

I bought a multi-card reader / USB for my front 3.5 panel in my hackintosh because I use it for Id authentication purposes. The model is listed below.

Without it installed I can boot my hackintosh perfectly with all versions of clover that I had tried. With it conected it stops in the Gigabyte logo just before the Clover screen.

If I try to boot directly in Windows, without passing trought Clover it boots perfectly. The same if I disconnect it, and connect it in the Clover screen and then boot.

I had Oz before and everithing works perfectly but now I need Clover as it is more powerfull in features and can do Kext-Patch on the fly. I need it to get Wifi on Sierra.

¿Does anyone know if it is a know issue or how to solve it?

Thanks in advance. 

Regards,

Doguitto. 

I think the limit is with nvidia cards in VESA mode, possibly over DVI. They won't display over 1280x1024. CsmVideoDxe can fix this, but I haven't tried it on a non-UEFI system.

The only other option is to modify the card's VBIOS and change one of the existing display modes to your monitor's native resolution.

Modifying the VBIOS of the card has been the suggestion that I have seen the most frequently. I may try to do that. Although I'm afraid of mesing it up!

I do use DVI to connect the monitor because a DP cable makes my monitor blink at regular intervals. Weird. I've tried several different cables.

I will suggest you to create CustomEDID containing resolution 1920x1080 which is supported by Clover's PatchVBios.

Hundreds times I told that the idea only one: wait, please, I see.

No, the victory is with rev 3876. FileVault2 works with set of drivers provided with Clover, no third-party modules.

Obligatory:

AppleEvent-64.efi

AppleImageCodec-64.efi

AppleKeyAggregator.efi

FirmwareVolume.efi

UsbKbDxe-64.efi

Desirable:

AppleUITheme-64.efi

HashServiceFix-64.efi

AppleGraphicsConfig-64.efi

SMCHelper.efi

Not working yet:

PS2Keyboard

Hibernation on this volume.

Perfect. Nice work.

Does FileVault2 work with legacy boot, or are this drivers only for drivers64UEFI?

I got the EDID using DumpEDID in Windows.

Put it in the Custom EDID section and added Inject EDID along with PatchVBios.

Still same 1280x1024 resolution. Sigh. It can't be this hard to get HD resolutions.

I think I will try to edit the VBIOS for my card (got it from Techpowerup)  and inject it using Clover rather than flashing my card and see if that works first per Riley Freeman (great idea!)

I can find some tools to do that but does anyone have any favorites?

Perfect. Nice work.

Does FileVault2 work with legacy boot, or are this drivers only for drivers64UEFI?

They may be used for either. HashFix is for AMI Aptio.

FileVault2 works with set of drivers provided with Clover, no third-party modules.

No third-party stuff? Oh, really? ;)

EDIT: AptioInputFix (previously "AsAmiShim") got a bin-release... await vit's translation here, on Insanely: https://applelife.ru/threads/filevault-2.1683098/
  • Like 1

Why can't he mod his vbios for uefi support?

PK what are your specs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They may be used for either. HashFix is for AMI Aptio.

No third-party stuff? Oh, really? ;)

EDIT: AptioInputFix (previously "AsAmiShim") got a bin-release... await vit's translation here, on Insanely: https://applelife.ru/threads/filevault-2.1683098/

Well, of course this is meant to say no Apple binary stuff :P

Don't tease slice, we all worked pretty hard including you.

And that's the topic: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/317290-filevault-2/

• Like 1

I got the EDID using DumpEDID in Windows.

Put it in the Custom EDID section and added Inject EDID along with PatchVBios.

Still same 1280x1024 resolution. Sigh. It can't be this hard to get HD resolutions.

I think I will try to edit the VBIOS for my card (got it from Techpowerup)  and inject it using Clover rather than flashing my card and see if that works first per Riley Freeman (great idea!)

I can find some tools to do that but does anyone have any favorites?

Show  me preboot log with CustomEDID containing 1920x1080.

Yes. I tried normal boot.

But clover is not detect normal boot after return first gui without check any options.

Its common pattern if i want to just see clover option. i see this happen latest verison.

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

I made a correction in 3876. Test, please.

I can notice that you don't need "dart=0" as you have

29:315  0:000   Table: DMAR  LGPC      168 dropped

As well I think the flag "kext-dev-mode=1" is obsolete for Sierra. You already have CSR_CFG: CSR_ALLOW_UNTRUSTED_KEXTS

What is happen if you boot verbose? 

• Like 1

As well I think the flag "kext-dev-mode=1" is obsolete for Sierra. You already have CSR_CFG: CSR_ALLOW_UNTRUSTED_KEXTS

your mentioned it, i have used this option since long time ago, latest clover shown this problem if return with no option.

summary

spacebar -> enter submenu -> checked -v option -> enter boot macos with selected options -> i can boot with -v log

spacebar -> enter submenu -> no checked options -> return first gui -> i can't boot(shown with "+++++++++++++++++++++++++" message log with apple logo like -v boot, i dont check -v option)

i will test old clover version and report

thank you

spacebar -> enter submenu -> no checked options -> return first gui -> i can't boot(shown with "+++++++++++++++++++++++++" message log with apple logo like -v boot, i dont check -v option)

I've been seeing this on my laptop with recent builds too.

The system will boot, but around the point where it should go to second stage, it will hang. The progress bar will continue to move very slowly but there's no further disk activity.

• Like 1

r3811 has same problem.

Here's a bootlog from a hung boot with r3879. There's a load of watchdogd errors at the end.

Edit: I'm wondering is this is related to the changes made to allow the option to load alternate config.plist files? Going through the commits this was introduced at r3776.

As luck would have it, my USB Clover install is still on 3761 and it doesn't have this issue.

badboot.zip