Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,818 posts in this topic

@ nicozan

I saw you have vboxhfs in your efi driver folder on the screenshot above, which is slower.

Did you try to use hfsplus.efi?

Default the clover setup deletes hfsplus.efi and copies vboxhfs into your driver folder, because hfsplus isn´t free.

Maybe thats your "slow" boot problem.

Could i remove it and install hfsplus.efi via clover configurator in driver64x.efi?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

To the clover developer:

A key in the config.plist would be great which allows to skip the GUI timeout if a hibernate image is detected.

This would make the the wake in hibernate mode faster, if somebody wants it.

Thanks for the idea. Made in rev 3850.

Finally resolved the problem of slow booting of Sierra with all version of Clover. Problem was kekt of analogic audio in 10.12 AppleALC . With binomium Clover-Sierra, this kekt is wrong injected and sometimes (often) , sistem goes in time out. Solution: remove AppleALC from 10.12 and disabling integrated audio from motherboard. But for me was not a problem because I ve hdmi audio of GTX760 via dsdt patched!

My message to clover developer: please relook clover bootloader (all version) and develope one wich is compatible with applealc for correct booting of Sierra.

Just use the driver in the attachment and delete the vboxhfs driver.

@ slice

Can you tell me which additional modules are needed for FileVault2? I know hfsplus must be the hfs driver for it to work.

You should add AppleEvent protocol, working AppleImageCodec, working FirmwareVolume protocol, Png/Bmp decoder , working AppleKeymapAggregator, wrapper for key event's and for UI. And then you'll get working boot.efi login ui. All stuff you can grab from apple firmware

My advice – just wait for open source implementation in Clover EFi, or as I mentioned above take all proprietary stuff from FW

You should add AppleEvent protocol, working AppleImageCodec, working FirmwareVolume protocol, Png/Bmp decoder , working AppleKeymapAggregator, wrapper for key event's and for UI. And then you'll get working boot.efi login ui. All stuff you can grab from apple firmware

My advice – just wait for open source implementation in Clover EFi

you additionally need the USB KB driver (may be shim) and an image file in a FV,,,

@slice

I want to write about a strange "issue" i've with clover from the previous versions (from 37xx on) till the last one.

In my config.plist i've only 2 boot arguments, npci=0x2000 and darkwake=0

When clover starts, if i read in config menu as boot arguments it adds automatically other 2 lines, kext-dev-mode=1 and rootless=0 even if my config.plist hasn't those lines...

How can you explain this?

I'm using Sierra 10.12

Finally resolved the problem of slow booting of Sierra with all version of Clover. Problem was kekt of analogic audio in 10.12 AppleALC . With binomium Clover-Sierra, this kekt is wrong injected and sometimes (often) , sistem goes in time out. Solution: remove AppleALC from 10.12 and disabling integrated audio from motherboard. But for me was not a problem because I ve hdmi audio of GTX760 via dsdt patched!

My message to clover developer: please relook clover bootloader (all version) and develope one wich is compatible with applealc for correct booting of Sierra.

Anybody interest?

Anybody interest?

Clover has no relation to AppleALC. They are fully compatible and independent from each other.

vit9696 also uses Clover.

i found bug in latest clover r3859

press spacebar

i dont touch all options. just return first gui

press enter

stop like this screenshot.

thanks in advance

And what is the bug? I see normal boot without verbose mode. Verbose mode is unchecked as I see on your screen. 

Clover has no relation to AppleALC. They are fully compatible and independent from each other.

vit9696 also uses Clover.

And what is the bug? I see normal boot without verbose mode. Verbose mode is unchecked as I see on your screen.

Yes. I tried normal boot.

But clover is not detect normal boot after return first gui without check any options.

Its common pattern if i want to just see clover option. i see this happen latest verison.

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

@sherlocks

maybe clover unchecks any option you need for booting? clover really overrides the options if the menu is opened.

Agree

Like you said, if menu is opened one time and return first gui, i cant boot.

Maybe Clover take a some overrides when return with no option(?).

Reboot system. Get gui with no menu open, its no problem.

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄