Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,868 posts in this topic

hello

i idk what u want to do .. is not build clover ? .. u can always get clovergropro script and edit the script to ur needs .. is a script .. and make him to work .. must have the skills to do that ..

good hack

I want to build clover...but my own version where I want to modify a source file (to try to fix something that's has been bugging me) and then rebuild clover.

Any source code control system (or script) should let you change a source file and rebuild the binaries...how else do devs do it ???.

Just like good old makefile, where you setup a set of dependencies and a rule to do 'something' if those dependencies change.

E.g. Binary A depends on objects x, y & z which depends on corresponding sources 1, 2 & 3. If any x,y, z, 1, 2, or 3 changes, then rebuild A.

I expected cloverpro to work the same way.

I did a git clone (git clone git://github.com/JrCs/CloverGrowerPro.git), then ran clovergrowerpro.sh -s. It spent 30 minutes building a complete toolchain and built a working Clover pkg (which only took 2 minutes).

I then touched one sourcefile to signify a modification and ran clovergrowerpro.sh -n...expecting it simply rebuild clover. But it does not...instead it breaks.

I should not have to modify the script that builds a binary just because I changed a source file.

Now do you understand what I trying to do ?

Try, there are a lot of options. But please re-download Clover entirely to avoid problems e don't use sources modified by other scripts (off course if that is the case), please.

I'll try it when I get home but clovergrowerpro should allow it.

I have raised an issue at sourceforge but not sure if the dev is scanning for issues.

I want to build clover...but my own version where I want to modify a source file (to try to fix something that's has been bugging me) and then rebuild clover.

Any source code control system (or script) should let you change a source file and rebuild the binaries...how else do devs do it ???.

Developers do it by using an editor changing then saving file(s) push changes to the source control system if there is one and then your standard ./configure, make clean in the case of changes having been made in existing already compiled source tree, make and lastly make install. Or at least that is the method I have seen used/followed in the couple of decades I have been building/re-building from source code when needed by me.

I tested Hibernation mode 25 and wonder. It works!

20:18:44.901641 +0300    powerd    Display is turned on
20:18:45.361966 +0300    powerd    [System: DeclUser BGTask SRPrevSleep kCPU kDisp]
20:18:45.363824 +0300    powerd    [System: DeclUser BGTask kDisp]
20:19:07.317980 +0300    powerd    Wake from Hibernate [CDNVA] due to /User:
20:19:07.318112 +0300    powerd    hibmode=25 standbydelay=0

This is Sierra. Clover 3811.

• Like 3

I'll try it when I get home but clovergrowerpro should allow it.

I have raised an issue at sourceforge but not sure if the dev is scanning for issues.

??

hmmm...confused.

So what's the point of CloverGroverPro ?

Is it ONLY for building latest Clover and not for experimenting ?

That is, if I want to change a source file, why can't Cloverpro rebuild ?

Will clovercommand let me do what I want ?

Sorry but who should be the paranormal entity that should prevent you to modify the source code? ^_^

??

Sorry but who should be the paranormal entity that should prevent you to modify the source code? ^_^

I think you have missread what I said.

Nothing is preventing me from changing the sources.

It's the build script (CloverGrower.sh) NOT building after I have changed the sources.

I think you have missread what I said.

Nothing is preventing me from changing the sources.

It's the build script (CloverGrower.sh) NOT building after I have changed the sources.

ah. maybe the script has nothing to do with this?

Could you add in rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/nvidia.c

{ 0x10DE1B81,   "GeForce GTX 1070"},
        { 0x10DE1B80,   "GeForce GTX 1080"},

Output looks very good, like this:

0:100  0:000  PCI (00|02:00.00) : 10DE 1B81 class=030000
0:100  0:000   - GFX: Model=Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 family 1FF (Nvidia)

better than:

0:100  0:000   - GFX: Model=Unknown family 1FF (Nvidia)

:yes:

• Like 1

ah. maybe the script has nothing to do with this?

What do you mean ?

Is this not a script error ?

Building ... /Users/MacNB/Documents/CloverGrowerPro-master/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseMemoryLib/BaseMemoryLib.inf [X64]
make: *** No rule to make target `tbuild'.  Stop.
Building ... /Users/MacNB/Documents/CloverGrowerPro-master/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib.inf [X64]

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/MacNB/Documents/CloverGrowerPro-master/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/X64/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull]

Developers do it by using an editor changing then saving file(s) push changes to the source control system if there is one and then your standard ./configure, make clean in the case of changes having been made in existing already compiled source tree, make and lastly make install. Or at least that is the method I have seen used/followed in the couple of decades I have been building/re-building from source code when needed by me.

Me too.

Maybe I expected too much of clovergrowerpro

What do you mean ?

Building ... /Users/MacNB/Documents/CloverGrowerPro-master/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseMemoryLib/BaseMemoryLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/MacNB/Documents/CloverGrowerPro-master/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib.inf [X64]

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/MacNB/Documents/CloverGrowerPro-master/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/X64/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull]

The tbuild target is missing in the makefile called by the script you are using, it is not setup properly either time for you to fix it or give up on it and build each individual component the old fashion way one package at a time. Once done this the history command will give you all the commands required to make your own script to repeat the process anytime you wish to.

Edit:

Me too.

Indeed you are from the looks of it it is broken buggy code best left behind, Mickey1979 has new update for it build_clover.command if my memory serves me well better off taking look at that it is on the site here.

better than:

you use webdrivers for 1070?

hi slice, i think i have to apologize, maybe your clover worked right all the time from 3782 on. i got so used to pressing "clear kernel cache" and the "start with this option", it worked every time. and from 3782 on it really unset the nvidia-nvram option if not selected when entering submenu. so, i'm sorry i bothered you so much!

@Fljagd
No, but I've both cards installed. the 1070 is for doom in windows :D
But i'm hoping/waiting for a NVDAGP100HalWeb.kext ...

• Like 1

What do you mean ?

build.py...

Me too.

no. your words:

Just like good old makefile, where you setup a set of dependencies and a rule to do 'something' if those dependencies change.

E.g. Binary A depends on objects x, y & z which depends on corresponding sources 1, 2 & 3. If any x,y, z, 1, 2, or 3 changes, then rebuild A.

I expected cloverpro to work the same way.

Bro, but you hope that a script will coding and correct errors or add new objects for you?

better than:

OK, added.

• Like 1

just want to ask a fast thing bare with me please slice:

how well does clover read acpi tables ?

could how acpi effect a gpu working right or not?

the reason i ask is the 290x works oob on a macpro 5,1 with all ports working and 

we have been thinking it's a acpi reading issue 

now with ozmosis the RX480 works without igpu with clover it needs the igpu

if you could help clear this up please do i willl be following the post and i will get you debug files 

soon when my new mobo comes thanks for your time.

I updated from Clover v 3625 to 3811 and now have issues with the default volume selection read from config.plist.

Instead of the the default volume as defined, Clover now selects the 'OSX Install from Sierra' as default boot volume:

<key>Boot</key>

<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>CustomLogo</key>
<string>true</string>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>Sierra</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>NeverHibernate</key>
<true/>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>2</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<integer>1</integer>
</dict>

Changing to 
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>LastBootedVolume</string>

makes no difference - always selects 'OSX Install on Sierra' volume.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

no. your words:

Bro, but you hope that a script will coding and correct errors or add new objects for you?

No.... of course I do not expect a script to do the coding for me...or correct the errors for me...nor add add the objects. That is not what I said I want it to do.

But if I ONLY change the modification date and time of a source file WITHOUT changing the content of the source file, then I do expect the script (or the build files it controls) to work the second time like it did for the very first time.

I am trying  to use Clover as a bootloader on my system.  I am able to boot off a USB stick but Clover does not seem to see any of the virtual drives on my LSI 9265-8i raid controller.  

Also, if I try to boot Clover on one of these virtual RAID drives, I get "A BIOS-like interface with five options..." as described in the Clover Wiki FAQ.  It appears CloverX64.efi is not loading.  

It seems to me that in both cases Clover (and the underlying bootloader) do not have an EFI driver for the LSI 9265-8i card.  

I did find a kext called SASMegaRaid.kext (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/306-sasmegaraidkext/) but I'm not sure how to use it or if it is going to be available to Clover's underlying bootloader at boot time.  

If anyone has any suggestions on how to proceed I would be grateful!

Thanks!