Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Hi guys.. my efi partition always show after install rc script.., how to fix it  without unmount manually? .. in config.plist I set mount efi "no" and try remove rc script form /private/etc    but still not help.. so what can I do ?

Hi chris1111 ... unfortunately still not help with clover pref pane, .. so I'm formating my ESP then install clover again on it... but every boot still show efi in my sidebar .., note : I remove rc.boot.d and rc shutdown.d in /private/etc ..

the efi partition is set as hidden for a reason and is not intended to be mounted on boot, you must have the setting to mount saved in nvram or in some config somewhere on the system

This seems actually like a bug. Noticed that all these guys have localized GUIs? I (german) have the same prob. What is happening is that the NVRAM value Clover.MountEFI is cleared, and - don't know why - set to Yes when rebooting. So even completely clearing NVRAM, deleting nvram.plist or reinstalling clover does not help.

Chris, Pico, do the following in the terminal:

sudo nvram Clover.MountEFI="No"

Reboot and see what happens.

PS: posted all of this just one or two pages ago here in this thread ...

This seems actually like a bug. Noticed that all these guys have localized GUIs? I (german) have the same prob. What is happening is that the NVRAM value Clover.MountEFI is cleared, and - don't know why - set to Yes when rebooting. So even completely clearing NVRAM, deleting nvram.plist or reinstalling clover does not help.

Chris, Pico, do the following in the terminal:

sudo nvram Clover.MountEFI="No"

Reboot and see what happens.

PS: posted all of this just one or two pages ago here in this thread ...

hi frankiee ... nothing happened .. the EFI partition still mounted .. :(

H67-I Deluxe/HD3000/GT640/10.9.1/2618

USB Install/Legacy boot/EFI partition empty

2618-3 Boots to Desktop, not loading Clover/config.plist or Clover/ACPI/patched/ssdts, not logging debug to Clover/misc.  

Debug log from DPCIManager/Boot Log.  2618 install the same as 2636 screenshot attached.

Is this Clover install valid?  Why doesn't Clover load the files in EFI/Clover?

2618-3.zip

H67-I Deluxe/HD3000/GT640/10.9.1/2618

USB Install/Legacy boot/EFI partition empty

2618-3 Boots to Desktop, not loading Clover/config.plist or Clover/ACPI/patched/ssdts, not logging debug to Clover/misc.  

Debug log from DPCIManager/Boot Log.  2618 install the same as 2636 screenshot attached.

Is this Clover install valid?  Why doesn't Clover load the files in EFI/Clover?

File system is HFS

clover cannot write to HFS,it needs FAT32.

install Clover to FAT32 EFI  USB.

File system is HFS

install Clover to FAT32 EFI USB.

AFAIK, this doesn't apply to LegacyBoot...

BIOS > MBR > PBR > boot

Edit

About can't read ACPI or config.plist...

UEFI works in HFS . Legacy requires FAT32?

Clover Legacy executes code in HFS, can't read files?

With duplicate Clover files in the EFI/HFS partition, it writes to EFI partition.  Does Clover only write to EFI partition?

For Legacy, where should Clover be installed?

1. EFI/HFS

2. EFI/FAT32

3. OS/HFS

4. OS/FAT32

5. Other

• Like 1

hello,

when i try MacBook5,1 smbios... I get [PCI configuration begin] so i remove npci=0x2000 boot flag, now i get this type of error, what can i do? :blink:

i type in manually the smbios to clover because in the installer of hackintosh, the clover files store at efi partition i can't access it.. How can i acsess efi partition?

how can we open efi partition?

Open Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app...

If you have only one HDD run the commands below...

sudo -s

TYPE YOUR PASSWORD (YOU WILL NOT SEE ANYTHING WHILE TYPING)

mkdir /Volumes/EFI

mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

exit

If you have more than one HDD, you must find out which one you want to use and change

/dev/disk0s1 to /dev/disk1s1 or /dev/disk2s1 and so on...

To know exactly you must run diskutil list at Terminal.app...

Thanks, but I think this is more clear because it has picture :) : http://themacadmin.com/mounting-the-efi-boot-partition-on-mac-os-x/

hello,
when i try MacBook5,1 smbios... I get [PCI configuration begin] so i remove npci=0x2000 boot flag, now i get this type of error, what can i do? :blink:
i type in manually the smbios to clover because in the installer of hackintosh, the clover files store at efi partition i can't access it.. How can i acsess efi partition?

Who can explain this?:

post-1295795-0-51080100-1393855122_thumb.jpg

post-1295795-0-03024600-1393861867_thumb.jpg

@pico joe

my 2 cents...

wondering about your "EFI" mounting issue... why you are formatting it manually? -- common OSX (diskutil) tool creates a GUID disk with the EFI partition auto-formatted.  So i can't help but wonder if  it is really an EFI partition (type) ... or 

do you have RtVariable section in your config.plist where MountEFI is set? meaning if your EFI partition is mounting on boot, either OSX is mounting it or /etc/rc.boot script is mounting it. ... looking for reasons MountEFI is set to Yes. OSX will not mount a real EFI partition by default.

The EFI System partition is formatted using the FAT12FAT16 or FAT32 file system. The globally unique identifier for the EFI System partition in the GUID Partition Table scheme isC12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B, while its ID in the MBR partition table scheme is 0xEF. Both GPT and MBR-partitioned disks can contain an EFI System partition, as UEFI firmwares are required to support both partitioning schemes.

on UEFI, the bios must be able to read from the partition filesytem (fat) to get started ... on Legacy, it gets started from the MBR/PBR and once drivers are loaded its a different ball game.

I like this trick to see hidden/all partitions in Disk Utility.app - (gives you a Debug menu bar item. click on "Show every partition") easy to see EFI partitions to mount/dismount using this tool.

$ sudo defaults write com.apple.DiskUtility DUDebugMenuEnabled 1

@ericsia-newbie 

your image shows nothing wrong that i can see - other than that you are booting (or attempting to run) Mavericks (kernel v13) on your old system using NullCPUPM to avoid KP. i suspect it just stops there at the black screen,  because as I told you, there is no gfx support for your old box -  and at best Lion or SnowLeopard will work.

@ericsia-newbie 

your image shows nothing wrong that i can see - other than that you are booting (or attempting to run) Mavericks (kernel v13) on your old system using NullCPUPM to avoid KP. i suspect it just stops there at the black screen,  because as I told you, there is no gfx support for your old box -  and at best Lion or SnowLeopard will work.

Lion gave me the same error

hi tluck ..

why you are formatting it manually? ... just for make sure there is a problem with scripts.. then reformat EFI partition with crazybird tools

do you have RtVariable section in your config.plist where MountEFI is set? ... Yes  and try with No, False

Even when I delete the rc script at /private/etc ... EFI still mounted

I like this trick to see hidden/all partitions in Disk Utility.app .. yes I always use this trick too

ps. maybe today I'll reinstall my hackintosh :(

hi tluck ..

why you are formatting it manually? ... just for make sure there is a problem with scripts.. then reformat EFI partition with crazybird tools

do you have RtVariable section in your config.plist where MountEFI is set? ... Yes  and try with No, False

Even when I delete the rc script at /private/etc ... EFI still mounted

I like this trick to see hidden/all partitions in Disk Utility.app .. yes I always use this trick too

ps. maybe today I'll reinstall my hackintosh :(

There is no need to reinstall the whole system...

You didn't specified how you formatted your EFI partition, but AFAIK only DiskUtility GUI

or command line sudo diskutil eraseVolume "DESIRED_FS" "EFI" /dev/diskXs1 will give to

you an healthy EFI partition... 

Any method beside this will give to you an always visible EFI partition independent of RC Scripts,

bootloader or even an clean install (in case you don't make the disk repartition)...

If you have 100% sure that you have no .nvram.plist at any of your partitions (even if it's not mounted

at boot) you can try the following method and try to fix your EFI partition > http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/57597/how-to-fix-broken-efi-partition

Or you can quickly create an fstab file and prevent the partition to be auto mounted...

UEFI works in HFS . Legacy requires FAT32?

Clover Legacy executes code in HFS, can't read files?

With duplicate Clover files in the EFI/HFS partition, it writes to EFI partition.  Does Clover only write to EFI partition?

For Legacy, where should Clover be installed?

1. EFI/HFS

2. EFI/FAT32

3. OS/HFS

4. OS/FAT32

5. Other

UEFI must works from EFI/FAT32. It is also good for legacy Clover and gives possibility to save files.

Saving files in not possible to HFS.

1. I am strong recommend do not EFI/HFS. Never do this and if you have this then do reformat to FAT32.

2. Recommended configuration.

3. If you have no EFI partition. For example MBR partitioning. In this case you can't save files from Clover GUI.

4. What OS on FAT32??? Windows 95?

5. You may create an empty FAT32 partition to install Clover here. In MBR Partition Scheme. For GPT it will not be bootable.

Caution! Apple's Disk Utility tends to format EFI partition to FAT16. This is not reliable for Clover.

You should reformat using Terminal

newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

@Slice:

Something is wrong with Intel graphics injection. With the Intel HD3000 on my Dell, I get a white screen after boot.

The only way to fix it by disabling Clover's injection and adding: "AAPL,snb-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00 } to the DSDT.

Am I the only one having this issue?!!