Fermi 5XX works with Lion DP4/GM!

T.B.B.

314 posts in this topic

Did you install using Ermac's guide and the Lionize script?

Hi camoguy,

Sorry for my previous post, I did not want to jump off topic, was just trying to avoid posting Post#1 while replying, but my browser would not let me refresh/update the page.

Yes, I used Ermac Lionize Script, everything works if I boot with my GT 9600. But If I try with Zotac GTX 550Ti, I will get stuck at the Apple Logo.

I cannot even boot into Lion for further testing....which is making me mad, cause the my friend has EVGA GTX 550Ti and it worked out of th ebox with GraphicsEnabler!

Wierd, I can`t get past the apple grey screen, anything I missed?

Whats your system, whats your install method. Post your dsdt, smbios, etc...

Hello there mate! Thank you for your reply.

Well, this topic is getting long and could get really confusing if I kept on asking for help for my specific problem. I decided to create a new topic on the issues I'm having. You can check it out on this link.

The guys up there have already provided me with the correctly patched DSDT. I first uploaded to them my self-patched DSDT.aml and they somehow applied further fixes.

Now, unfortunately, I only got a dead system after following chinese_spy guidence. I got stuck on a "Still waiting for root device" no matter what boot arguments I used.. "PCIRootUID=1", "-v -f -x", "-v -f -x -s", whatever I tried: "Still waiting for root device" forever.

I have backed up the whole disk to another but I'm doubtful on whether it's worth it to retore because it seems I just can't get my computer to run smoothly and with no problems as it runs on Windows 7. I'm planning myself in order to purchase a true Mac as soon as possible. It'll either be a Mac Mini with discrete graphics (HD 6630) or a MacBook Pro 13" (the cheapest).

So, what do you think guys? Is that problem easy to be fixed? Can I indeed get a stable and fully functional OSX on my computer?

---------------------------------

Notes:

I patched AICPM.kext as asked in the topic I created. No errors there. I deleted NullCPM.kext and followed everystep without errors. Booting didn't give me any KP, just got hang at the "Still waiting for root device".

This is my sys specs:

Intel DP67DE, firmware update 0067 (latest 0070 is unstable here)

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3,1GHz

GeiL DDR3-1600 (X.M.P.) 2GB x 4

EVGA nVidia GeForce 560Ti (FPB edition) (dev ID 1200)

Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtreamMusic (unsuported on OS X)

Samsung 320GB 7200rpm HD322GJ x2 in RAID0 (not for OS X)

Samsung 500GB 5400rpm HD502HI in AHCI (for OS X)

OCZ StealthXtream 2 700W PS

Genius SW-HF5.1 4000 HomeTheater

Samsung BX2250 (21,5", 1920x1080p, LED monitor)

For OS X I would use Realtek 892 integraded codec (with only stereo output and terrible audio input quality).

Install method was as follows:

Booted PC from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (25-05-2011) and selected OS X 10.6.3 retail install disk image restored to an USB stick. Had to use "PCIRootUID=1 maxmem=8192 -force64 -v" to get it to boot. (Not possible to boot from burnt DVD in here, it will never be "seen" by [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url])

Did standard install, rebooted PC with the same arguments, now from Macintosh HD. It's important to note there was NO NEED to disable HT or SpeedStep or C States in firmware configuration, NOR had I to take away extra RAM sticks in order not to go beyond 4GB.

After install I deleted ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext from within IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext, installed update helper for SandyBridge, ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], installed Combo 10.6.8 1.1 and selected and installed following patches in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]:

- User DSDT (had my own extracted and patched using DSDTSE)

- System utils

- Intel network drivers

- Internal disk patch

- FakeSMC

- Boot in 64bit and GraphicsEnabler = Yes

- PCIRootUID fix

- Instant Menu

- Latest Chimelera

I guess that was all.

Rebooted without [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] directly into Macintosh HD and everything was working (except audio I didn't want yet). Then I rebooted with another USB stick and OS X Lion ESD.dmg restored unto it and selected it to boot the system with.

Installed Lion and no problems yet. Just had to update to latest version, 10.7.1.

I edited NV100...kext as explained here and also AGPM.kext.

I than ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] once more and reinstalled everything again just to make sure, in addition to the following:

AppleHDA rollback + HDA enabler for 892 + HDA without DSDT (I didn't patch mine for audio).

Fix from netkas for OpenCL.

Also I added GraphicsEnable with nothing else to boot.apple.. blablabla.. (I don't remember it exactly, that was necessary to get fully working 560Ti).

Rebooted and, voalá! I had a completely working system, except for the problems I've mentioned earlier.

--------------------------

That's it guys, I wish someone could help!!

Bye!

Hi camoguy,

Sorry for my previous post, I did not want to jump off topic, was just trying to avoid posting Post#1 while replying, but my browser would not let me refresh/update the page.

Yes, I used Ermac Lionize Script, everything works if I boot with my GT 9600. But If I try with Zotac GTX 550Ti, I will get stuck at the Apple Logo.

I cannot even boot into Lion for further testing....which is making me mad, cause the my friend has EVGA GTX 550Ti and it worked out of th ebox with GraphicsEnabler!

Wierd, I can`t get past the apple grey screen, anything I missed?

I have the same card and Yes, I cannot install lion. Did you find any solution yet? I am thinking of returning mine to get a GTX 4xx series:(

I have the same card and Yes, I cannot install lion. Did you find any solution yet? I am thinking of returning mine to get a GTX 4xx series:(

Getting stuck at the apple logo is too vague, what you need to do is boot with -v to see what the kernel says.

Did you try this special flag

npci=0x2000

You can also try

graphicsenabler=no

Provide some more information on your hardware please.

camoguy

I have the Asus P6T mobo, booted with -v, -v -f, ncpi=0x2000 but it did not work. My kernel will load correctly and it will go straight to the grey apple boot screen with the apple logo, then it will get stuck there.

Funny thing is, I can boot in SL with no quartz and low resolution, but it will not work with Lion. I will try

graphicsenabler=no

later today.

Thanks

so i went out and bought a 560 ti, popped it in and didn't work.

i read around a did the following:

- ensured "GraphicsEnabler" was set to YES in my boot.plist file (using latest chimera)

- edited info.plist to have 120010de

- tried PCIRootUID=0 and 1

- tried removing GraphicsEnabler=Yes from boot.plist and tried ATY_Init.kext

- removed entry under "GraphicsMode" in boot.plist

all of them cause the same issue. it'll say "NVDAGF100Hal is loaded and registered", then panics and reboots.

not sure what else to try... :(

I got my gtx 560ti to show up with 1024 mb in the system profiler but i couldnt get any better resolution. So i tried adding this to the com.Chameleon.boot.plist:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string></string>

And it totally f**** it up. Video shows a boot with verbose mode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq8Vbryslco

How can i solve this? Graphics Enabler was set to yes.

I got my gtx 560ti to show up with 1024 mb in the system profiler but i couldnt get any better resolution. So i tried adding this to the com.Chameleon.boot.plist:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string></string>

And it totally f**** it up. Video shows a boot with verbose mode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq8Vbryslco

How can i solve this? Graphics Enabler was set to yes.

If you have windows on your machine and have macdrive installed you can edit the com.Chameleon.boot.plist from there and edit out any mistakes.

or you could try booting with npci=0x2000 -x -v and hopefully boot in safe mode to fix it.

If you have windows on your machine and have macdrive installed you can edit the com.Chameleon.boot.plist from there and edit out any mistakes.

or you could try booting with npci=0x2000 -x -v and hopefully boot in safe mode to fix it.

Thanks u saved me 3 hours! Used transmac and just reverted it

-

And i also managed to get full resolution by simply dragging com.apple.Boot.plist file from the com.apple.Boot.plist_backup folder that i guess chameleon (included in andyboot install) created back to the Extra folder. Can anyone explain why this solved my problems? :thumbsup_anim:

And i dont really understand if i have chameleon or chimera installed, when i boot i see the chameleon loeader but i have installed [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] with chimera numerous times.

So everything is working great now except that my mouse and keyboard is unresponsive the first minute or so after boot. The cursor moves but i cant click or type anything on the keyboard. Can definitely live with that but if there's any solution I would really want to hear it :thumbsup_anim:

GTX 560M 3GB

Couple quick questions. Do I need to add the device ID into the Info.plist if chameleon already supports the card with Graphics Enabler=yes?

Could it potentially cause a kernel panic if its enabled in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and in the Info.plist in NVDAGF100Hal.kext?

I did not see Chess break with Graphics Mode enabled maybe other 3d Appz?

Do we need to also modify the binary files for the device ID as well as the CI hack or just the CI hack alone?

I am unsure if there should be a "C" or "E" for my card? Anyone else with this mobile graphics card if so is this the correct id?

0x125110de&0xffe0ffff

Thanks

HERE'S MY REPORT:

GTX 560 Ti 1GB

Running Chimera 1.4.1 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Added Device ID to NVDAGF100Hal.kext

Installed CUDA Drivers 4.0.21

Enabled OpenCL with netkas' hexedit to GeForceGLDriver.bundle

Added modified info.plist to AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

During boot up in verbose mode I would always see that Chimera was correctly identifying my card and loading NVDAGF100Hal.kext

Problem 1: Kept getting stuck at [PCI Configuration begin]

This was strange because it didn't happen with my old GTX 260 using the same com.apple.Boot.plist minus the EFI string for it.

PCIRootUID=0 and PCIRootUID=1 didn't work.

Problem 1 Solution: I used npci=0x2000 to get passed it.

Problem 2: Lion was now booting up in 1024x768 resolution with 3 MB video memory. :(

I guess I had a malformed character in my com.apple.Boot.plist like zurie said??? :blink:

Problem 2 Solution: I deleted my Extra folder and reran [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] (3.8.0 ) to create a new com.apple.Boot.plist and everything else. Yes I know I could have just deleted my com.apple.Boot.plist but I was desperate at this point.

Now I was able to boot into Lion without npci=0x2000 :D

Problem 3: Lion still booted up in 1024x768 resolution with 3 MB video memory. :wacko:

Problem 3 Solution: Created a custom GFX string using OSx86 Tools and added it to the device-properties key in my com.apple.Boot.plist.

Lion now booted up in full 1920x1200 resolution with 1024 VRAM!!! YAY :thumbsup_anim:

I used the following applications to perform OpenGL benchmarks and it seems like my results are slighty low and/or erratic.

CINEBENCH 11.5

Xbench 1.3

OpenGL Extensions Viewer 4.0

smallOpenGL FPS Bench V1.3.1

Tried deleting AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext with no effect to my bench results.

P.S. Keep in mind that I would always rebuild cache and kexts after installing/modifying/deleting any kexts.

P.S.S. ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL KEXTS AND MODIFIED KEXTS!

I keep a Kext BU (Modified) and Kext BU (Original) folder for this purpose.

EDIT:

QUESTION: Is 30 fps in CINEBENCH 11.5 normal for a GTX 560 Ti 1GB?

Thank you so much for this!

Had all the same Problems with my gtx 560 ti and solved it with your instructions.

cheers

EDIT:

QUESTION: Is 30 fps in CINEBENCH 11.5 normal for a GTX 560 Ti 1GB?

I did almost the same

MSI NGTX 560 Ti-Hawk 1GB

Running Chimera 1.4.1 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Added Device ID to NVDAGF100Hal.kext

Installed CUDA Drivers 4.0.50 (GPU Driver Version: 7.4.10 270.05.05f01)

Enabled OpenCL with netkas' hexedit to GeForceGLDriver.bundle

Added modified info.plist to AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

post-549859-1318566086_thumb.jpg

The score isn't really so impressive.

My Score in Windows is 48, I have down-clocked MSI NGTX 560 Ti-Hawk to reference settings from MSI OC settings, because my PSU is lackluster.

My problem is the fan control isn't working and fan speed doesn't increase when GPU load increases resulting in GPU heat-up slowly over-time.. How can I get it to work.. Please help.

EDIT: I wound up installing fresh on another drive and all is well now. :)

Hi everyone,

So today I tried doing the 10.7.2 combo update (after cloning my HDD). My monitor only shows one resolution in the display preferences now, although in system info it identifies my GPU properly. I re-added my device id to NVDAGF100Hal.kext (1080, for the GTX580), made sure my org.chameleon.Boot.plist file had graphicsenabler set to yes, and added the empty Graphics entry that others have mentioned on here. Any ideas? I've seen a couple people mention using "ATY enabler" to get full-resolution working, but I haven't been able to dig up much on that, and some of it is pretty old.

Thanks for any help!

EDIT:

Ok, so I installed ATY enabler, and now whenever I boot, it looks like it's loading at the proper resolution.. But it shows the login screen for a few moments, then goes to a black screen, then back to the login screen, repeat ad nauseam. ;)

I can boot fine with -x -v, but of course I don't have video acceleration then. Anybody have any ideas? I should add, I went to put my original drive back in my computer (I've been doing all this (the 10.7.2 update, etc) on the clone of my original drive), and it seems to have died (sounds horrible, so seems like a hardware fault). So, at this point I'm getting desperate since my clone is my only option at this point. :D

Hi Guys, If you are getting an 'ApplePolicyControl' kp on boot when updating try this little fix: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1759883

My system froze up half way through install so booted to other drive installed the update to the broken install (the drive that froze) then had to remove /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePolicyControl.kext and all was fine ;)

added my device ID and everything was sweet.

GTX 570

Hi everyone,

So today I tried doing the 10.7.2 combo update (after cloning my HDD). My monitor only shows one resolution in the display preferences now, although in system info it identifies my GPU properly. I re-added my device id to NVDAGF100Hal.kext (1080, for the GTX580), made sure my org.chameleon.Boot.plist file had graphicsenabler set to yes, and added the empty Graphics entry that others have mentioned on here. Any ideas? I've seen a couple people mention using "ATY enabler" to get full-resolution working, but I haven't been able to dig up much on that, and some of it is pretty old.

Thanks for any help!

EDIT:

Ok, so I installed ATY enabler, and now whenever I boot, it looks like it's loading at the proper resolution.. But it shows the login screen for a few moments, then goes to a black screen, then back to the login screen, repeat ad nauseam. :D

I can boot fine with -x -v, but of course I don't have video acceleration then. Anybody have any ideas? I should add, I went to put my original drive back in my computer (I've been doing all this (the 10.7.2 update, etc) on the clone of my original drive), and it seems to have died (sounds horrible, so seems like a hardware fault). So, at this point I'm getting desperate since my clone is my only option at this point. :D

Try totally removing this section and reboot.

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string></string>

Depends which version of chameleon you are running

Hi boys:) I red all replies in this topic and, perhaps because I don't know very well english (I'm italian), I don't understand how to solve my problem.. I have 2 gtx 560 phantom 2gb. The device ID is the same of a normal gtx 560 (1200) and everything is recognized except for the VRam of the second GPU. I modified the info.plist of the NvidiaGF100 kext adding one string with the device ID of my GTX. Perhaps the problem is the second Gpu... I don't know, if it is can i disable it? I tried a lot of combination to make mac os bootable at the full screen resolution.. but always there is a kernel panic or a 1080p apple-logo stuck screen after "DSMOS has arrived" message in verbose mode. Also I don't know how i must mod the org.chemeleon.boot.plist because is a little different from the boot.plist or from the other booting-settings files that many people have in these topics.. I'm very sorry for the bad english so i will post some screenshot about all I've say. I hope you can help me to make fullres on my monitor:)

(now I have done a fresh lion installation, everything is at default values)

org.chemeleon.boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>ShowInfo</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

infogtx1.tiff

Info1.tiff

infogtx2.tiff

If I dont install that file everything boots up fine except my mouse and keyboard are unresponsive for the first few minutes after booting.

I tried using cinebench and im getting a score of around 49...

im running a i7 2600k, 16gb corsair ram, evga 58gtx, and an asus sabertooth p67.

Also, im kinda stuck trying to figure out how to use the hex editor... ive tried 3 different ones... all of them say they cant read the file?

I am getting a desktop freeze after a few seconds with Asus G74SX with a GTX 560M. Same log as Romker, couple posts # 206

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1747559

I have not added my vendor info into the nv...hal100

Log:

14.09.11 3:17:13,000 kernel: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0x20 = PBDMA Error

14.09.11 3:17:13,000 kernel: 0000006e

14.09.11 3:17:13,000 kernel: 00100000 0000902d 00000000 00000000

14.09.11 3:17:13,000 kernel: 00000000 00000220 200406c0 00000011

14.09.11 3:17:13,000 kernel: 00000000 00000000 00000000

14.09.11 3:17:13,000 kernel: 00000000 0000000c

14.09.11 3:17:13,000 kernel: 0000006e

14.09.11 3:17:13,000 kernel: 00100000 0000902d 00000000 00000000

14.09.11 3:17:13,000 kernel: 00000000 00000220 200406c0 00000011

14.09.11 3:17:13,000 kernel: 00000000 00000000 00000000

14.09.11 3:17:13,000 kernel: 00000000 0000000c

14.09.11 3:17:13,000 kernel: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0xd = GR: SW Notify Error

I had no issues in 10.7.1. Did the GLDriver hack and the libclh.dylib for 10.7.1. I cannot find the hex string in the 10.7.2 Gldriver as before?

Latest Chameleon trunk using Chameleon Wizard. 10.7.1 with exact same Chameleon release r1657 and no screen freezing.

I am going to try and copy over the 10.7.1 gldriver bundler and Hall100 from 10.7.1 just to see if that takes care of it?

Solved:

Replaced Chameleon main trunk with Chimara 1.5.4 latest build supports the GTX 560M. Early Chameleon's supported my card but something has happened obviously since!!

Also the CL hack is a must or I get a kernel panic see link below:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1739806