Fermi 5XX works with Lion DP4/GM!

T.B.B.

314 posts in this topic

hi followed this guide to get my 560 ti working but i can only boot with arch=i386 and getting occasional screen lock up any way to fix this?

so much discussion over what works with what. So ill post here like everyone else after browsing pages of mixed results.

x58a-ud3r rev 1 with an asus gtx 570 dc II

device id is 1086, NOT 1081. this is confirmed via post screen.

I DO need the following boot flag, i THINK it may be to my N13, or hauppauge 1600 tuner. neither of which work, nor do i need either to work, as i use them in windows. Where/how do i add this to the boot file?

npci=0x2000

so my string SHOULD be as follows, but where do i put it?! granted i got this out of the Original post, could mine be different, granted i changed 1081 to 1086, but should i change anything else?

0x108610de&0xffe0ffff

vram is 1280, so hex would be again as follows, but where does this go??

0x00000500

The following, is it even needed?

<key>Kernel</key>
<string></string>

and finally, the name display, "nVidia GeForce gtx 570 1270mb," where does that even go? I'm so frustrated, i have the right strings and such as far as i know, just dunno where they all go! biggest thing is i need 1920x1080x32 AND 1440x900x32, even just the first would work great, but I'm assuming i can use both monitors, which would be nice for work functionality.

Unfortunately if i break anything, if i can't get into safe mode -x then i would have to reinstall, I've been following osx86 sense kalaway and ipc made a release, but I'm admitingly a noooob.

EDIT: Added the 0x108610de&0xffe0ffff line to my Info.plist file. didnt do squat. argh.

.2 graphics mode enabled as per HCL on osxproject, installed the enabler using kext helper b4. rebuilt and repaired.

GOT it working. mostly. no open gl/quartz :(

what i did was manually insert 0x108610de&0xffe0ffff into the appropiate dagf file or w.e. its called. Graphics mode for me is currently disabled, no difference from what i can tell from enabled.

But it didnt work at all still, until the enabler. Used the kext helper b7.

still on the prowl to get it working properly though.

also, i have installed cuda. meh.

i have repaired permissions each time ive done anything. very frustrating. wish someone would actually get on this forum and say SOMETHING :D

What is the 950 MHZ? If this is what you get when you test, how are you testing your setup and how does that compare with other graphics cards with full support already?

Thanks much.

52 fps in i7 2600K stock

so much discussion over what works with what. So ill post here like everyone else after browsing pages of mixed results.

x58a-ud3r rev 1 with an asus gtx 570 dc II

device id is 1086, NOT 1081. this is confirmed via post screen.

I DO need the following boot flag, i THINK it may be to my N13, or hauppauge 1600 tuner. neither of which work, nor do i need either to work, as i use them in windows. Where/how do i add this to the boot file?

npci=0x2000

so my string SHOULD be as follows, but where do i put it?! granted i got this out of the Original post, could mine be different, granted i changed 1081 to 1086, but should i change anything else?

0x108610de&0xffe0ffff

Edit the NVHAL100 kext as it says in the original post. That will enable OpenGL and full resolution change if combined with:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string></string>

Which needs to be inserted into your com.Apple.Boot.plist (or org.chameleon.boot.plist) that is located in your Extra folder. I also had to use the latest version of RC5 to get OpenGL working. Earlier versions resulted in resolution change, but no OpenGL without booting in verbose mode.

vram is 1280, so hex would be again as follows, but where does this go??

0x00000500

The following, is it even needed?

<key>Kernel</key>
<string></string>

None of that needs to be altered. None of that is mentioned in the original post either. Why are you messing with it?

and finally, the name display, "nVidia GeForce gtx 570 1270mb," where does that even go? I'm so frustrated, i have the right strings and such as far as i know, just dunno where they all go! biggest thing is i need 1920x1080x32 AND 1440x900x32, even just the first would work great, but I'm assuming i can use both monitors, which would be nice for work functionality.

You don't need to put that anywhere either. Just add the flag (again in com.apple.boot.plist)

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Also, for these flags make sure you do it EXACTLY as I typed. Keep the capitalization and spacing.

i have repaired permissions each time ive done anything. very frustrating. wish someone would actually get on this forum and say SOMETHING :rolleyes:[/color][/size]

No one was responding, or saying much for the last few weeks, because the original post contains 99% of what the process is. There does not need to be discussion since all of the information is already there. Chances are that are just making a mistake or don't know the location of your Extra in which case you need to struggle through it so that you hopefully learn a few basics.

If you follow these steps and still have problems then perhaps you should get a normal card instead of a DC II version.

Edit the NVHAL100 kext as it says in the original post. That will enable OpenGL and full resolution change if combined with:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string></string>

Which needs to be inserted into your com.Apple.Boot.plist (or org.chameleon.boot.plist) that is located in your Extra folder. I also had to use the latest version of RC5 to get OpenGL working. Earlier versions resulted in resolution change, but no OpenGL without booting in verbose mode.

None of that needs to be altered. None of that is mentioned in the original post either. Why are you messing with it?

You don't need to put that anywhere either. Just add the flag (again in com.apple.boot.plist)

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Also, for these flags make sure you do it EXACTLY as I typed. Keep the capitalization and spacing.

No one was responding, or saying much for the last few weeks, because the original post contains 99% of what the process is. There does not need to be discussion since all of the information is already there. Chances are that are just making a mistake or don't know the location of your Extra in which case you need to struggle through it so that you hopefully learn a few basics.

If you follow these steps and still have problems then perhaps you should get a normal card instead of a DC II version.

i have changed NVHAL100.kext, changes graphics mode and repaired permissions. Nothing.

Used the ATY enabler, repaired, and upon reboot had correct resolutions.

But thats as far as i got, no qe/open, nothing. i installed ch boot loder, and it put npci in my boot file. unfortunately i broke it behond -x repair, so ugh.

Thanks for this wonderful thread indeed, everyone. (Especially T.B.B. and Hannibal1969).

I was wondering if there is any way for me, since you all seem to be on X58 (LG1366) and I have a brand new 1155 system with a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 AND a GTX580.

So I guess I can't use the AGPM MacPro 4,1?

Is there ANY way to get my GTX580 working on my system please guys?

Should i use the AGPM iMac 4,1?

Or is there any oher way?

Please help, anyone. Thanks.

Thanks for this wonderful thread indeed, everyone. (Especially T.B.B. and Hannibal1969).

I was wondering if there is any way for me, since you all seem to be on X58 (LG1366) and I have a brand new 1155 system with a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 AND a GTX580.

So I guess I can't use the AGPM MacPro 4,1?

Is there ANY way to get my GTX580 working on my system please guys?

Should i use the AGPM iMac 4,1?

Or is there any oher way?

Please help, anyone. Thanks.

Well I can't give you a full answer because I don't know for that card what issues you are having. In my case (560 Ti), I followed the steps and just had to be sure I continued to rebuild my caches and restart after each step.

I would avoid trying to change your system type (to iMac 4,1) because I ended up with kernel panics when I tried to change from MacPro 3,1 to MacPro 4,1. In my case I just had to add a new section to the info.plist file inside the APGM.kext and made sure to duplicate everything but name it 3,1 instead of 4,1 at the top of the section and then input the proper device id, etc. for my card. I think someone should have posted those for yours...

Hope it helps. I want to give you as much input as possible, because I know how horrible it is when nothing seems to work, but just take it one step at a time.

i have changed NVHAL100.kext, changes graphics mode and repaired permissions. Nothing.

Used the ATY enabler, repaired, and upon reboot had correct resolutions.

But thats as far as i got, no qe/open, nothing. i installed ch boot loder, and it put npci in my boot file. unfortunately i broke it behond -x repair, so ugh.

I want to try and understand your situation. At this point can you boot into your OS? If you can, when you say that "nothing works", do you mean that the resolution has not resolved itself (proper for the monitor instead of a fixed number) and/or that just the QE/CI are not working. There may just be a step that you are missing or it could just be me misunderstanding.

Hey guys,

here a tutorial how to install your 5XX GTX cards. Right now I'm still missing a list which ones are supported yet. But i can confirm the following: 560Ti, 560M, 570, 580, 590

1. Install Lion DP4 or GM

2. After Install: Go to System/Library/Extensions/ and open up (Show Package Content) the NVDAGF100Hal.kext.

3. Go to Contents and open up the file info.plist

4. Go to the following line in the file and add your own device id. You have to google for that though:

1200 is GTX560Ti

1251 is GTX560M

1081 is GTX570

1080 is GTX580

1088 is GTX590

<string>

0x06c010de&0xffe0ffff

0x0dc010de&0xffc0ffff

0x0e2010de&0xffe0ffff

0x0ee010de&0xffe0ffff

0x0f0010de&0xffc0ffff

0x104010de&0xffc0ffff

0x124010de&0xffc0ffff

0x108110de&0xffe0ffff --> this is 570GTX and was added, change it to your device id

</string>

my card is GTX590

can u guide me how to add device id

" 0x108810de&0xffe0ffff " <---- Is that right?

Well I can't give you a full answer because I don't know for that card what issues you are having. In my case (560 Ti), I followed the steps and just had to be sure I continued to rebuild my caches and restart after each step.

I would avoid trying to change your system type (to iMac 4,1) because I ended up with kernel panics when I tried to change from MacPro 3,1 to MacPro 4,1. In my case I just had to add a new section to the info.plist file inside the APGM.kext and made sure to duplicate everything but name it 3,1 instead of 4,1 at the top of the section and then input the proper device id, etc. for my card. I think someone should have posted those for yours...

Hope it helps. I want to give you as much input as possible, because I know how horrible it is when nothing seems to work, but just take it one step at a time.

Thank you SO MUCH AdobeEditor. It's very nice from you, and it helped me a lot.

I did not understand absolutely everything yet: I'm still fairly noob to this Hackintosh realm so I still have a lot to learn, but I'm very interested and passionate about it and I learn pretty quickly so I'll manage.

In fact, I can't tell you which issues I am having yet, because the PC is just ordered and I'll receive the parts in a couple of days, so this is about preparation and learning. For the moment I have a (real :) ) Macbook Pro 2009. I'll stick around this thread when I encounter issues...

But, if I may ask you just one simple question: so if I understand you correctly, in your case, did you use a Mac Pro 4,1 AGPM instead of an iMac 12,1 (not iMac 4,1, I was wrong)?

I thought we had to use an iMac 12,1 with a socket 1155?

Thanks again for the help, it's greatly appreciated!

Wanted to say thanks TBB for the guide any all the help within this thread. Re-read it over and over before making the jump.

EliteGroup ECS 570 GTX with device ID1081

I purchased this GPU knowing it had the ID 1081 after googling the various ones found on NewEgg. Some had 1086 or 1081 and since I was unsure I passed those. This was the only one I was sure to have an 1081 ID since it was the only model for this manufacturer. $269 after rebate as well =)

Anyway basically followed the OP only did a couple of steps to get it going.

Did the device ID addition 1081 for my GTX 570 in the nvidia HAL100 txt thing.

I did this before installing the card as I had a 6870 in it before. I also am running Lion 10.7.

Installed the GTX 570 into the system and rebooted.

Went into Lion perfectly and things looked great, got 1920x1080 via main screen DVI and 1080p via secondary screen via HDMI.

I don't plan to game but I read flash videos can crash the system without graphics mode. I tested flash, and it did not play, but when double clicked to full screen it worked.

So I wanted flash to work properly, not too worried about AGPM etc. I put in the graphics mode/empty string first into the org.chameleon and rebooted and it did not help. So I put graphics mode/empty string into the .com.boot plist in the extras folder and after the initial chameleon loader, the apple logo was small toward the left upper corner as many have reported, no biggy this just replaces the grey apple boot loading screen. Then it boots into OSX no problems and flash videos work in the youtube small regular viewer. I have not run benchmarks yet but so far I'm happy.

My about this mac shows GeForce GTX 570 1280MB under the displays tab, I did no editing there =)

My build:

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3

i5-2500k

GTX 570 Elite Group ECS http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...e%20group%20570

8GB G.Skill 1600

not sure what else is important but yup! Good to go. Used this forum and tonymac as references and will be cross posting to help whoever may need it.

Got my Asus GTX 570 Direct CU II working fine with dev id 1086 following the guide on page 1, need to do further tests tonight but got full res and transparent menu bar at top, just need the card identified properly in system info but I read that should be fixed/added in a new chameleon build.

The black screen and apple top left at boot up is annoying tho, would the following fix that??

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1920x1080x32</string>

Thank you SO MUCH AdobeEditor. It's very nice from you, and it helped me a lot.

I did not understand absolutely everything yet: I'm still fairly noob to this Hackintosh realm so I still have a lot to learn, but I'm very interested and passionate about it and I learn pretty quickly so I'll manage.

In fact, I can't tell you which issues I am having yet, because the PC is just ordered and I'll receive the parts in a couple of days, so this is about preparation and learning. For the moment I have a (real :D ) Macbook Pro 2009. I'll stick around this thread when I encounter issues...

But, if I may ask you just one simple question: so if I understand you correctly, in your case, did you use a Mac Pro 4,1 AGPM instead of an iMac 12,1 (not iMac 4,1, I was wrong)?

I thought we had to use an iMac 12,1 with a socket 1155?

Thanks again for the help, it's greatly appreciated!

Glad I can help. I am still new to this but after like 5 reimages I have learned from my mistakes.

To answer your question, I have been using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] for the installation of the main kexts (for audio, etc) when I first load Mac OSX onto the system as well as for rebuilding my caches and kexts (there is a "System Utilities" checkbox to run)...anyways, I originally would just choose [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] install (because I have no DSDT and didn't really understand what it is) and it made mine a MacPro 3,1 profile from the beginning. At one point when I was running Snow Leopard (I just built this before Lion came out), I could change profiles without a problem, but now if I try to change my system type (with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] or manually in some .plist file) the system will have a fatal kernel panic that I can't even boot into safe mode with. Now, this probably has to do with the motherboard that I have (name is below in my signature) but it has a few compatibility issues compared to the Gigabit ones a lot of other people have been using.

All I am really trying to say is that my system is natively seen as a Mac Pro (which is fine cause I think its a cool desktop) so I never even tried the iMac settings. All I warn is that because I am, and maybe you are, using files and programs that other people have written to make it easy, the final result could be an unexpected problem in case there is more to it than just changing a profile type. I think a lot of the kext/driver files relate back to it and if the system identifies itself in a way that those files don't recognize, it's probably why I was getting a kernel panic.

Until recently I didn't know that the APGM kext had different section for different profiles so, yes, I just created a new section with MacPro 3,1 (instead of overwriting the MacPro 4,1 section) and then added the vendor id and some other min and max power info (I can attached my Info.plist file but we can always get to that later once you build your computer). I don't really know though if modifying that kext did a whole lot. I see some enhancements but for the most part with my system, if I just let it running for at least a half hour to hour the graphics card seems to handle a lot smoother and I don't hear the fan ramp up and get loud like right after booting up and trying to open up time machine (that is one of the only programs that seems to cause any trouble for me...chess works just fine).

*Just a side note, when using this guide trying to fix the different .plist files understand that in Lion they show up as "locked" and you need to either duplicate or unlock (which will duplicate anyway) to edit the file and then overwrite the original with the new one. I don't know why that was different from Snow Leopard but for the most part it is true...just in case you would be confused by that.

Oh, one other thing. Are you dual booting? FYI, make sure you add Windows 7 before you add Mac OSX. I had to use disk utility to properly partition my boot drive (using the Snow Leopard disc or Lion bootable USB) and then I had to have the Windows 7 installer reformat that partition so it could install the OS. Then I installed OSX.

Ok, sorry that I wrote so much, but I hope that helps.

Ok, really weird but I just had something happen when trying to get back to my desktop from the lock screen. There should be no screen saver that turned on (it happened with that once before) but I went to type in my password and my screen was all just multi-colored grain/snow. I held the power down for like 3 secs and then the lock screen came back up so I didn't have to do a hard restart.

Anyone have this issue? I have done the fixes for my graphics card recommended by this site thus far...

Glad I can help. I am still new to this but after like 5 reimages I have learned from my mistakes.

(...)

Oh, one other thing. Are you dual booting? FYI, make sure you add Windows 7 before you add Mac OSX. I had to use disk utility to properly partition my boot drive (using the Snow Leopard disc or Lion bootable USB) and then I had to have the Windows 7 installer reformat that partition so it could install the OS. Then I installed OSX.

Ok, sorry that I wrote so much, but I hope that helps.

Wow, please don't apologize for "writing so much" when you are giving me plenty of information! ^^ OK, it seems cool.

Now I have a MacBook Pro 2009 running SL. this one is for sale.

And my ordered PC parts are one Gigbayte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard with an i5-2500K CPU, and, of course, a GTX580 (Asus GTX580 Matrix Platinum :D ). Hope I can run MacPro AGP since it seems required to get GtX 580 to work...

Thanks for telling me to install Windows before Mac OS for a dual boot! This is a great advice! Because I indeed want a Dual Boot.

Now I need to know, if I may (I sincerely hope I don't bother you with my questions): of course I guess I'll have to buy a full OSX Lion disk since I can't update from my SL, installed on another Computer that I will sell. What I need to know is: do I have to possess Window7 AND MAc OSX at the same time when I set dual boot? Meaning, I install W7, then Mac OSX?

OR can I just install W7, use my PC, and then add Mac OSX later (say one month) and still enable dual booting?

BTW these two OS will be installed on a 64GB Crucial M4, is it enough memeory for the two complete OS? (W7 Home premium 64-bit + Mac OSX Lion).

Thanks again :)

Hello everybody!

This is the first time I post on InsanelyMac although there have been years I guess I follow this site always looking for ways of getting OS X up and running on my computer.

I didn't know you have to answer a quiz in order to be allowed to post. That was cool. I got 10/12 and 19/20. Not good, but not bad as well, I guess.

Anyway, I own a DP67DE Intel mobo, Intel i3-2100, 8 GBs DDR3-1600 GEIL, GeForce 560Ti FPB edition (eVGA) (HW ID 1200), Creative SB X-Fi XtremeMusic, Samsung HD322GJ x3, Samsung SH-223C DVD-RW and Samsung BX2250 monitor (1920x1080).

I managed to successfully install OS X Lion 10.7.1 on this system after days and dozens of hours spent. I eventually had to download a VMWare 10.6.8 image to have access to disk utility from virtual machine (on Windows host) and "restore" OS X Snow Leo 10.6.3 retail .dmg image to a second partition on a virtual .vhd disk. I used WinImage to restore the .vhd virtual disk to a real disk from Windows (I love WinImage, it's a great program). I, then, booted my PC with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and installed the system from that hard drive partition containing the image of OSX.

All of that was necessary because [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] never ever read my OSX DVD Install when I swapped the disks and hit F5, and I know the DVD is ok because now OSX reads it perfectly as well as Windows used to with MacDrive 9 installed.

After installing Snow Leo 10.6.3 I upgraded to 10.6.8, and then installed [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] with custom DSDT from tonymacx86 guide on how to install Snow Leo on Intel's DP67DE. I had to follow that guide rigorously if I wanted to get the system to boot after install. That includes taking away the extra RAM lest it passed beyond the 4 gigs maximum tolerance.

Having done that it was very easy upgrading to Lion, and here I am. I got my 560Ti running pretty nice and everything is working, except my SB X-Fi as it's not supported.

I'm posting to this forum because I want to know what performance you guys are getting out of your 5xx GPUs on Lion. I got 33,23 FPS on CineBench 11.5 but only 74~80 fps on xbench OpenGL test. That, in comparison to other xbench results online is really bad as there are people with near 500fps and worse graphics card than mine.

I have AGPM.kext deleted from Extensions folder, so I believe I got no power management issues in here.

And I ran ratGPU for OpenCL performance test after doing the OpenCL patch by netkas (had to do it in single user mode) and my performance was horrible, like thousands and thousands of seconds to complete (I'm not kidding). And I had only my graphics card selected on the ratGPU test (it was recognized as OpenCL device besides my processor with Apple OpenCL support for it and my processor again with C++ support (?)). That was disturbing.

Please, I'm counting on your reply!

Thanks in advance and forgive for the bad English. I'm self taught and no one speaks English in Brazil (I mean, very few people).

Now I need to know, if I may (I sincerely hope I don't bother you with my questions): of course I guess I'll have to buy a full OSX Lion disk since I can't update from my SL, installed on another Computer that I will sell. What I need to know is: do I have to possess Window7 AND MAc OSX at the same time when I set dual boot? Meaning, I install W7, then Mac OSX?

OR can I just install W7, use my PC, and then add Mac OSX later (say one month) and still enable dual booting?

BTW these two OS will be installed on a 64GB Crucial M4, is it enough memeory for the two complete OS? (W7 Home premium 64-bit + Mac OSX Lion).

Well ok. So yes you can first install Windows 7 and then Mac OSX. The reason why I did it that way was for a couple of reasons. One, for many technical reasons, the official Boot Camp that you can usually use on Macs is either very difficult or pretty much not possible to run on a Hackintosh (this was after some research...I'm sure someone out there has, but it would involve more work than I wanted to delve into not familiar with UNIX or Terminal). So like I said, I actually used disk utility to partition the drive by booting off of a Snow Leopard disk or bootable Lion drive (you could make a DVD but the steps I followed online were easier to make a flash drive with some patching involved...I couldn't just burn the disc image like most people did or thought they could). Then after making the two partitions (HFS+ and MS-DOS settings...I have a 120GB SSD so I just made more room for OSX than Windows because I wanted that to become my primary system) I then used my Windows 7 install disc to first format the MS-DOS partition to a format that it can install Windows 7 on. Then after that finishes and works I installed Leopard/Lion (either worked for me) and then went through the special process of adding the proper drivers in [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] on the first boot into OSX so that there was a bootloader and other software needed.

**I skipped a step but you know, don't forget about installing all the right drivers for your hardware in Windows...some of mine conflicted at first.

**Also, after the main kexts are loaded for Mac OSX as well as a bootloader you can then choose a drive or partition to boot from at startup (it is defaulted to a time-out mode so you can have it set to wait for a selection if you don't like that). I had most of my trouble getting the bluetooth on my board working as well as the wifi and audio, but it all works now. Make sure you always rebuild caches and kexts after almost any changes so that you don't get any unwanted kernel panics.

Okay, the reason why I did that process was because time after time, if I tried to install Windows after I had OSX and the boot loader working, then the boot loader would be overwritten by Windows boot manager and if the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] disc would work for some reason or for other weird reasons, I was screwed. So I would recommend doing it that way. And after you install OSX, your Windows partition may come up as corrupted on the first use because installing OSX might have conflicted with the boot manager so in most cases, using the install disc's repair options would immediately solve the problem.

Definitely have a backup to boot from off of a flash drive like Ubuntu...that saved me so many times when either OS I installed would bug out on startup and I'd have to reconfigure or erase something.

Hello there guys!

I'm REALLY happy as I managed to fix the issue I was having of low frame rates on some tests! I mean, there were people on this forum who claimed some "mouse lags" could be due to a next named AppleUpstreamUserClient, thus suggesting we deleted it, but it turned out it was none of that.

The issue I was experiencing, to be precise, was that every 3D rendering got frozen for a second or two, and then continued. For example, when I would run the OpenGL bench on xBench it would give me bad final results because it was frozen for a second and only then would continue. That freeze was happening to EVERYTHING! Safari browsing on some webpages, Photobooth opening into fullscreen mode, and everything that would require more processing power from the GPU.

I then realized that that brief freeze on the rendering was because the OS was telling the nVidia driver to switch power mode. Everytime it would switch the rendering would stop for a while and then continue. That lag isn't right, nor good. Power states should change automatically but SMOOTHLY!

I had deleted AppleGraphicsPowerManagemento.kext because I didn't know if the strings used in those sessions by system and device (on the info.plist file) were right for this specific video card of mine, the GTX 560Ti. You can see that different devices have different values for the High and Low sessions.

Now, by analyzing the strings on the info.plist, I realized it has two categories, one for High performance mode, and another for low performance. What I did was clone the entire MacPro4,1 session, rename it to MacPro3,1, as [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] has given me that specific configuration automatically, set all values on the strings to 100 on both low and high performance and change the device ID to the one of my card, which is 1200.

I am uploading the edited AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext to any GeForce 560Ti owner who wants to get FULL POWER out of it ALL THE TIME and be free of lags. I have noticed no higher noise in comparison to the previous setting (from the card's fan), so, no apparent drawbacks in here, only progresses!

I hope to help someone! Feedbacks are welcome! Dude, I'm freaking happy! It's been two nights I haven't slept just to do this!

Next step will be buying a decent 5.1CH sound solution for Mac to make use of my home theater system.

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.zip

<key>MacPro3,1</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Vendor10deDevice1200</key>
			<dict>
				<key>Heuristic</key>
				<dict>
					<key>ID</key>
					<integer>0</integer>
					<key>IdleInterval</key>
					<integer>250</integer>
					<key>SensorOption</key>
					<integer>1</integer>
					<key>SensorSampleRate</key>
					<integer>4</integer>
					<key>TargetCount</key>
					<integer>5</integer>
					<key>Threshold_High</key>
					<array>
						<integer>100</integer>
						<integer>100</integer>
						<integer>100</integer>
						<integer>100</integer>
					</array>
					<key>Threshold_Low</key>
					<array>
						<integer>100</integer>
						<integer>100</integer>
						<integer>100</integer>
						<integer>100</integer>
					</array>
				</dict>
				<key>LogControl</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>control-id</key>
				<integer>18</integer>
			</dict>
			<key>Vendor10deDevice0640</key>
			<dict>
				<key>Heuristic</key>
				<dict>
					<key>ID</key>
					<integer>0</integer>
					<key>IdleInterval</key>
					<integer>250</integer>
					<key>SensorOption</key>
					<integer>1</integer>
					<key>SensorSampleRate</key>
					<integer>4</integer>
					<key>TargetCount</key>
					<integer>5</integer>
					<key>Threshold_High</key>
					<array>
						<integer>88</integer>
						<integer>88</integer>
						<integer>88</integer>
						<integer>100</integer>
					</array>
					<key>Threshold_Low</key>
					<array>
						<integer>0</integer>
						<integer>95</integer>
						<integer>95</integer>
						<integer>95</integer>
					</array>
				</dict>
				<key>LogControl</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
				<key>control-id</key>
				<integer>18</integer>
			</dict>
			<key>default-control-id</key>
			<integer>18</integer>
		</dict>

Until recently I didn't know that the APGM kext had different section for different profiles so, yes, I just created a new section with MacPro 3,1 (instead of overwriting the MacPro 4,1 section) and then added the vendor id and some other min and max power info (I can attached my Info.plist file but we can always get to that later once you build your computer). I don't really know though if modifying that kext did a whole lot. I see some enhancements but for the most part with my system, if I just let it running for at least a half hour to hour the graphics card seems to handle a lot smoother and I don't hear the fan ramp up and get loud like right after booting up and trying to open up time machine (that is one of the only programs that seems to cause any trouble for me...chess works just fine).

If I'm more concerned about power savings and my GPU being at low state rather than gaming in OSX, what should I do about AGPM? I am on sys profile 3,1 so I believe I do not have a AGPM file? My openGL benchmarks have been great, but that really isn't a big thing for me as I just game in Windows. Can you help me get some power mgmt going for 3,1 Mac Pro system for my GTX 570? Or upload your plist so I can see what edits you made and try to go from there on my setup? ID 1081 for GPU.

I hope to help someone! Feedbacks are welcome! Dude, I'm freaking happy! It's been two nights I haven't slept just to do this!

Next step will be buying a decent 5.1CH sound solution for Mac to make use of my home theater system.

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.zip

Thanks so much for posting this. I understand where you are coming from and the changes were fairly significant. Mine runs almost perfect (560 Ti just like you), but opening Time Machine still lags the first time for me...could you see if it is the same for you? You said exactly what I did before about the fan making more noise and you're right, it makes less noise with you modifications, but Time Machine must take enough resources to still make that fan come on even at 100% all the time.

Let me know what you find. Thanks.

If I'm more concerned about power savings and my GPU being at low state rather than gaming in OSX, what should I do about AGPM? I am on sys profile 3,1 so I believe I do not have a AGPM file? My openGL benchmarks have been great, but that really isn't a big thing for me as I just game in Windows. Can you help me get some power mgmt going for 3,1 Mac Pro system for my GTX 570? Or upload your plist so I can see what edits you made and try to go from there on my setup? ID 1081 for GPU.

Well unfortunately I haven't got it quite right myself. I'm not gaming but even to get the main transitions and programs like Time Machine (that do require a lot of resources to run) are giving me trouble. The only thing I could suggest is messing with the high and low states to see if you can improve efficiency within your system. Since you have different card than I do it may not be so touchy.

If you look back on this thread a bit (like page 9 or so) someone else posted info that I read over about critiquing settings for the best power management possible (you should have that kext by the way, everyone type APGM for short, but it will be AppleGraphicsPowerManagement in the System/Extensions/ folder).

Best of luck!

Hey guys!

I've done everything that's listed on the first page. I've got full resolution, but still, no QE/CL. I can tell, because when I want to launch the launchpad, it's very laggy. Like, VERY.

Everything else works fine. I used a DSDT for my mobo (z68A-D3H-B3 from GA), and my GPU is a PNY 560 Ti OC. I don't know what else I can tell you, I'm a noob in hackintosh! If I can complete this post by any information or screenshot, don't hesitate.

Also, sorry for my english but I'm french (yeah yeah a frog)!

Hey guys!

I've done everything that's listed on the first page. I've got full resolution, but still, no QE/CL. I can tell, because when I want to launch the launchpad, it's very laggy. Like, VERY.

Everything else works fine. I used a DSDT for my mobo (z68A-D3H-B3 from GA), and my GPU is a PNY 560 Ti OC. I don't know what else I can tell you, I'm a noob in hackintosh! If I can complete this post by any information or screenshot, don't hesitate.

Also, sorry for my english but I'm french (yeah yeah a frog)!

Pas de problème...anyways, I would say that one way to check about your card is if you go under launchpad (even though it is laggy) hold down the option (alt) key to see if the icons wiggle. If they do, you should have Quartz Extreme (QE) and not sure about Core Image (CI) but another way to test both is if you disable dashboard in its own space (in the preferences for Mission Control) then see if adding another widget gives you ripples. One other thing is does your card seem to lag and then catch up? I have some problems but it seems as though if I leave the computer running for a bit (not trying to open a bunch of intensive things on startup) then they move pretty smoothly.

Also, if you have Time Machine setup (or if you can set it up) how does opening that work? For me it can lag and then my card's fan will come on and keep running on high even after the transition finishes. You should also check performance when switching between fullscreen apps and going from windows mode to fullscreen.

These tests are all fairly simple to run, but if others suggest it you may need to try to use a benchmark software. Personally I am using my computer for basic things so I am not looking to hit high marks, just so that it is usable with minimal lag (even the MacBook Airs I have tried in the store lag during some of Lion's transitions).

Bonne chance!

Thanks got working, almost everything...

post-549859-1315286105_thumb.jpg

But seems its not fully supported or utilizing all GPU power.

FPS is bit less than what I get on Windows.

Sorry, don't know what to tell you. I can't get full frames either or support for sleep. Not sure if it has to do with my motherboard but hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

By the way, what software are you using in the screenshot? I have CUDA installed but this interface looks like a benchmark or testing software...