Fermi 5XX works with Lion DP4/GM!

T.B.B.

314 posts in this topic

OMG OMG OMG

I am so stupid. I was always reading that you have to set GraphicsEnabler to a blank line instead of GraphicsMode :)

Thanks to one guy in tonymac forum who mentioned the same mistake I figured it out and now I have my GTX 570 fully working with the latest chimera, GraphicsEnabler disabled, no PCIRootUID set and no ATY_Init. Now 3D Apps work and I get like 32 points in OpenGL Cinebench.

I am really happy right now :D

what is you model card? link or model, works 100%?

Hi, I've had success not using ATY_Init. After Lion install, just added device id. Key thing that I didn't do right many times was this step of editing the kext. In the end I used kext Helper and used one of the prebuilt kext (this one by tsurugi) to do the modification of Info.plist to include my device.

After which I had these in my com.apple.boot.plist:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=x86_64 ncpi=0x2000</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string></string>

And now it works with QE/CI full res.

No problem running Chess and tested with TF2 on steam. Not sure if I have full OpenCL etc but will continue trying when free.

in one unique thread you makes me happy

my GTX 570 worked straight after applying modifications on post #1

even 3D and QE-CI and dual screen too

thank you very much

just a glitch, but when I start after loading the right boot disk in Chameleon, I just have a white Apple Logo in the top left corner, then a black screen and then both of my screens show white and then the desktop... not a big deal, but it's not so nice as a gray background and an Apple for loading screen.

what model card is??

I have an EVGA GTX 570 that has resolution change, monitor auto-detect, CUDA, open CL, but seems to have problems with Open GL.

If I boot with "-v" flag then I can run Cinebench and open Chess. If I boot normally then Chess displays blocky pixels and Cinebench will either crash or freeze my computer.

Any ideas? I am using RC51080 or so with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, editing AGPM, edited for OpenCL, edited NVDGF100HAL.

I have an EVGA GTX 570 that has resolution change, monitor auto-detect, CUDA, open CL, but seems to have problems with Open GL.

If I boot with "-v" flag then I can run Cinebench and open Chess. If I boot normally then Chess displays blocky pixels and Cinebench will either crash or freeze my computer.

Any ideas? I am using RC51080 or so with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, editing AGPM, edited for OpenCL, edited NVDGF100HAL.

Same problem (also EVGA GTX 570). Exact same thing with Cinebench too.

EDIT: Fixed the crashing..the OpenCL edit is what was causing the problem. I'm also using the latest chameleon with graphicsenabler yes, BUT didn't have to add anything to NVDGF100HAL. Also, I deleted AGPM and I'm getting 38.14 fps with a GTX 570 and overclocked i7-930 (3.8GHZ). Is that about normal?

Same problem (also EVGA GTX 570). Exact same thing with Cinebench too.

EDIT: Fixed the crashing..the OpenCL edit is what was causing the problem. I'm also using the latest chameleon with graphicsenabler yes, BUT didn't have to add anything to NVDGF100HAL. Also, I deleted AGPM and I'm getting 38.14 fps with a GTX 570 and overclocked i7-930 (3.8GHZ). Is that about normal?

Hmmm...I didn't think I edited it yet in an attempt to test that. I will try a stock 100HAL as well.

I edited AGPM and get around 38FPS on my GTX570.

edit:

stock 100HAL and RC5 1187 result in the GTX 570 showing up in System Profiler correctly, but no resolution change. OpenGL does seem to be working however.

You sure your 100HAL is un-edited? What version of RC5 are you using?

Hmmm...I didn't think I edited it yet in an attempt to test that. I will try a stock 100HAL as well.

I edited AGPM and get around 38FPS on my GTX570.

edit:

stock 100HAL and RC5 1187 result in the GTX 570 showing up in System Profiler correctly, but no resolution change. OpenGL does seem to be working however.

You sure your 100HAL is un-edited? What version of RC5 are you using?

Oops wow, I'm sorry. My 100hal IS edited. :D Dunno what I was thinking!

Can you try adding back in your OpenCL edit and testing? Adding/removing mine has no effect on OpenGL.

So.... now I feel EXTRA lame.

I guess I should've read that more closely... Occasionally I've been able to boot without -v and everything works, so I assumed it wasn't the problem when it really was. So yeah, OpenCL/OpenGL works when I boot with -v.

i have succesfully got my 560ti working pretty well by removing AppleMacPowerManagement kext and editing cuda driver using a hex editor but would like to be able to use the AppleMacPowerManagement kext-

i am hoping somebody can help me understand how to modify my Info.Plist in AppleMacPowerManagement kext-being a newbie i just do not get what to enter and modify-i have looked at the Info.Plist files posted but cannot understand them!

"my about "and more info" states i have imac and imac12.2 but do not know how to enter this and my graphics hardware id of 1200 in Info.Plist

can anybody help

thanks

i have succesfully got my 560ti working pretty well by removing AppleMacPowerManagement kext and editing cuda driver using a hex editor but would like to be able to use the AppleMacPowerManagement kext-

i am hoping somebody can help me understand how to modify my Info.Plist in AppleMacPowerManagement kext-being a newbie i just do not get what to enter and modify-i have looked at the Info.Plist files posted but cannot understand them!

"my about "and more info" states i have imac and imac12.2 but do not know how to enter this and my graphics hardware id of 1200 in Info.Plist

can anybody help

thanks

To change your machine to a MacPro 4,1 you have to go to Mac HD -> Extra -> smbios.plist and change

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>iMac12,1</string>

to

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>MacPro4,1</string>

Then go to AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext and open the info.plist, and search for the spot in the code that says MacPro4,1. Then change the second line under <key>MacPro4,1</key> to <key>Vendor10deDevice1200</key>

To change your machine to a MacPro 4,1 you have to go to Mac HD -> Extra -> smbios.plist and change

<key>SMproductname</key>

to

<key>SMproductname</key>

Then go to AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext and open the info.plist, and search for the spot in the code that says MacPro4,1. Then change the second line under <key>MacPro4,1</key> to <key>Vendor10deDevice1200</key>

thanks for the clear answer i will try that

thanks

<key>SMproductname</key>

to

<key>SMproductname</key>

Hmmm. I was wondering whether I have to have a system that is MacPro 4,1 or can I just stick with MacPro 3,1? I tried changing it once before and got a kernel panic before that made me reinstall both my OS's. Could I find the section that you said to edit with device id and also change one of the initial values from "MacPro 4,1" to "MacPro 3,1"?

I have been trying to fix this for awhile and would really appreciate your input.

<key>SMproductname</key>

to

<key>SMproductname</key>

tried changing my mac type to MacPro 4,1 but fails boot with kernel panic-changed it back to

imac12.2.

changed AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext and opened the info.plist and changed line see below to

<key>iMac12,2</key>

<dict>

<key>Vendor1002Device1200</key>

<dict>

modified boot.plist to <key>Graphics Mode<key>

<string></string>

rebooted display stuck at 1024x756

changed boot.plist back to graphics enabler yes-display now ok and Open Cl also .

it seems for my setup

the best working way is:-

1. modify NVDAGF100Hal.kext

2. modify boot.plist to graphics enabler yes-does not work for me if set to <key>Graphics Mode<key>

etc

3. install nvidia cuda driver 4.031 modified

4. remove or leave AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext get Frame rate of 37.31 with it removed slightly

less with it installed

can anybody suggest any other way of using AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext to implement open gl etc

post-667350-1313434085_thumb.png

Please help me i installed NVDAGF100Hal.kext and it successfully loaded. I have full resolution and working QE in my ASUS 560Ti. But unfortunately it makes mouse and keyboard not responding for 2 minutes after boot, i see the logon screen in full resolution and wait 2 min((( before i can log in. Please help me to solve problem with this loooong boot)))

Successfully installed 2xGTX570 evga sc cards on an Asrock P67 Fatal1ty Pro Board with 16GB Ram and an i7 2600k processor. Thanks to aquamac's guide on efi strings, graphics enabler (yes), graphics mode (null), and pciroot=1 npci=2000 flags.

Chimera bootloader from [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] fixed the bootup panic (was on chameleon rc5 since the Lion fresh install). Just inserted the device id in the NVDAG100Hal.kext (1086) and applied Netkas' OpenCL hex fixes then prepared the efi strings for both cards using aquamac's guide.

Now running on cuda drivers 4.0.21 (cuda-z sees both cards) and tested the system on Davinci Resolve Lite successfully.

Thanks to tonymac, aquamac, netkas and all the rest who have been posting both here and on tonymac's blog. And thanks to Luigi Valtulini for the inspiration.

Now on to fixing dsdt to be able to run the hack without nullcpu.

RE: AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

I think we can avoid having to change your mac model in smbios. That might be causing some unneeded kp. Try adding the VendorXXXXDeviceXXXX entry underneath your current model.

Try this, find your model inside the plist (assuming everyones using plist edit pro) expand it. Now we need to put a Dictionary entry inside here labeled Vendor10deDevice1200... A simple method of doing this is to expand the macpro41 entry and copy either 05e2 or 0640, and drop it inside your model. If your model happens to be Macpro41 then you will be simply making a copy and then you need to rename it to as stated. That should be enough to enable power management.

RE: AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

I think we can avoid having to change your mac model in smbios. That might be causing some unneeded kp. Try adding the VendorXXXXDeviceXXXX entry underneath your current model.

Try this, find your model inside the plist (assuming everyones using plist edit pro) expand it. Now we need to put a Dictionary entry inside here labeled Vendor10deDevice1200... A simple method of doing this is to expand the macpro41 entry and copy either 05e2 or 0640, and drop it inside your model. If your model happens to be Macpro41 then you will be simply making a copy and then you need to rename it to as stated. That should be enough to enable power management.

How can we test to see if powermanagement is actually working, and can you be a little more specific in your instructions for adding say a Mac3,1? Thanks

I think mine is working even though I did none of what you said above. Just replacing my AppleGraphicsPowermanagement.kext with that AGPM580.kext for the GTX580 in the first post of this thread seems to have done the trick with my "MacPro3,1", because within Cuda-Z under the performance tab these values can fluctuate greatly depending upon what I am doing or not doing.

How can we test to see if powermanagement is actually working, and can you be a little more specific in your instructions for adding say a Mac3,1? Thanks

I think mine is working even though I did none of what you said above. Just replacing my AppleGraphicsPowermanagement.kext with that AGPM580.kext for the GTX580 in the first post of this thread seems to have done the trick with my "MacPro3,1", because within Cuda-Z under the performance tab these values can fluctuate greatly depending upon what I am doing or not doing.

I own a KillAwatt and I enabled log control. When it says it's in state zero 0, the video engine has been put in high gear, and is running at it's least power saving state. AGPM: GPU = GFX3 G-state set to 0 from 3, ControlID = 18. When I'm not doing much on the screen it will go to state 1, 2, then finally 3. AGPM: GPU = GFX3 G-state set to 3 from 2, ControlID = 18. In zero I'm consuming about 320 watts approximately, and when it says it's in state 3, I'm at around 250 watts. The KillAwatt reflects these changes printed in the log. State 1 I'm at about 300 watts, state 2 I'm at about 270 watts. (On the desktop, surfing the web etc.)

When I'm in a fullscreen opengl enviroment and the video card is really being taxed, the watts go up to 370-380. This 560 Ti can only pull about 140 watts, so that is about right.

To add your 3,1 model, I would first try simply renaming the 4,1 to suite. If you're running Lion, I believe it's recommended to be running the 4,1 model.

I own a KillAwatt and I enabled log control. When it says it's in state zero 0, the video engine has been put in high gear, and is running at it's least power saving state. AGPM: GPU = GFX3 G-state set to 0 from 3, ControlID = 18. When I'm not doing much on the screen it will go to state 1, 2, then finally 3. AGPM: GPU = GFX3 G-state set to 3 from 2, ControlID = 18. In zero I'm consuming about 320 watts approximately, and when it says it's in state 3, I'm at around 250 watts. The KillAwatt reflects these changes printed in the log. State 1 I'm at about 300 watts, state 2 I'm at about 270 watts. (On the desktop, surfing the web etc.)

When I'm in a fullscreen opengl enviroment and the video card is really being taxed, the watts go up to 370-380. This 560 Ti can only pull about 140 watts, so that is about right.

To add your 3,1 model, I would first try simply renaming the 4,1 to suite. If you're running Lion, I believe it's recommended to be running the 4,1 model.

Well so far so good! I have not done any numerical testing but I did edit the info.plist file in the AGPM.kext adjusting the MacPro4,1 to MacPro3,1 and duplicating the first group as another directory under the device-id. I did adjust the id so that it reads "Vendor10deDevice1200" and in addition I changed the idle to 500 as stated 100 and turned log control on (1 instead of 0)...aside from that I didn't know how to toy with other settings for fear that this could cause my system to panic. Anyways, after I just downloaded the newest CUDA update from NVidia, performance actually seems a bit zippier and the card makes less noise when doing graphics intensive tasks like Time Machine (and no noticeable lagging in transitions I might add!) --> take that back. Occasional transition lag.

I will continue to monitor the systems performance and update the status if anything else comes about.

Thanks again camoguy!