[GUIDE] A fast and easy way to install Lion

tseug

607 posts in this topic

Amazing, again. FYI my old mono P35 DS3L Q6600 Nvidia 9400GT everything works "out the box". I upgraded from 10.7 to 10.7.2 got a blank screen KP. Erased ,format partition, reinstalled fresh with Lion install disk 10.7.2 from App Store with this trust worthy script. Video supported natively, sound needs HDA wizard patched, iCloud works too.

Thank you thank you.

Hi all, pardon me. but i have try many way to install Lion on My MSI FX400 and still failed. I have try a Macbob Guide Installation, Tony Mac, XPC but always failed.

I stuck on dsmos has arrived on Macbob installations guide even I add some bootflag like PCIRootUID, GraphicsEnabler, npci, etc. still not work,

on tonymac installations guide no hope always restart,

and with XPC hang at MBRStart.

have any one some idea to install Lion on MSI FX400? sad.gif

My Specification's :

Proc : Core i5 480M 2,66 GHz with Turbo Drive Engine

VGA : Intel HD and Nvidia Geforce GT 325M 1 GB

RAM : 4GB DDR3

HDD : 500GB

i use Install_ESD.dmg for installations method

so many thanks if someone can help me smile.gif

Hi tseug and guys

I have GA-P35-DS4 with 10.6.8 . I always followed tseugs and been using my hackintosh for more than 2 years.

I can't download Lion from App store, it says "This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer."

Drives me nuts this, my system profiler looks good:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 3 GHz

what could be a problem?

Thanks

Edit: sorted with Champlist (great tool), i was needing new serial for cpu.

Hi,

I have a Snow Lepard (10.6.8) install running on a ASUS box with DSDT & now I am trying to upgrade it to Lion.

Currently, I am running Chameleon v2.0 RC5 r748.

Can I know what should be the Chameleon version that support Lion install?

Thanks

Mathew

I can't answer questions concerning hardware I don't own since I have no way of testing it. I would guess that the RAID question is only relevant with software RAID but I have no way of knowing.

Tseung;

I would like to volunteer any help I could give to solving (& testing) the RAID issues. I have been using your guides on my GA-P35-DS4 since I first built my Hack with Leopard. (almost 3 years ago.) I have been a lifetime Mac user, and while not a programmer; I do 3D design work with some of the most advanced tools available. My machine is set-up with Disk Utility software RAID (5; I think). [(2) 1TB mirrored sets; then Striped to create a single 2TB RAID Volume).

I have always run Chameleon off of a separate USB drive to make sure that it causes no issues with RAID, and also because it keeps the "Extra" folder from being overwritten during software updates. I would be interested in helping with getting a RAID solution tested and verified; as I can see that I am not alone in this issue.

Other specs of my machine:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4

Processor: Intel Q9550; 2.83 Quad-Core

Graphics: PNY Nvidia 9800GT 1gig

Memory: Kingston HyperX DDR2; 4 gig - (2) 2gig strips, sometimes system installs with only one.

Is it possible that a modified version of your script with the Chimera loader would solve the RAID issues?

Tseung;

I would like to volunteer any help I could give to solving (& testing) the RAID issues. I have been using your guides on my GA-P35-DS4 since I first built my Hack with Leopard. (almost 3 years ago.) I have been a lifetime Mac user, and while not a programmer; I do 3D design work with some of the most advanced tools available. My machine is set-up with Disk Utility software RAID (5; I think). [(2) 1TB mirrored sets; then Striped to create a single 2TB RAID Volume).

I have always run Chameleon off of a separate USB drive to make sure that it causes no issues with RAID, and also because it keeps the "Extra" folder from being overwritten during software updates. I would be interested in helping with getting a RAID solution tested and verified; as I can see that I am not alone in this issue.

Other specs of my machine:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4

Processor: Intel Q9550; 2.83 Quad-Core

Graphics: PNY Nvidia 9800GT 1gig

Memory: Kingston HyperX DDR2; 4 gig - (2) 2gig strips, sometimes system installs with only one.

Is it possible that a modified version of your script with the Chimera loader would solve the RAID issues?

It's an issue with the fix that is present in both Chameleon and Chimera. It is not an issue specific to this script. Thanks for the offer but I'm just the middle man :P

Hi guys,

I've used this method to install 10.7 on my PC (i5 on Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3). Everything went smooth. After the 10.7.2 Update, I think that my machine has lost the speed stepping. It seems to be running so fast at full speed. Is there a way to get speed stepping back please?

Just installed via this method last night on a spare HD and it all seemed to go smoothly eventually.

I thought I'd be helpful and use the DSDT from my exisitng SL installation; it booted and went through reading all the files OK but when it got to the point where it goes to GUI I get a black screen; if I take my DSDT out and let it build its own then its fine, everything seems to work OK (network, sound, graphics (dual monitor))

So far so good, just two queries about start-up:-

1 - on boot it shows the screen to select the start-up disk but there is no timer for this - can one be put in?

2 - I get all the text/Darwin screen on boot (verbose mode) so how can I turn this off?

Apart from that all is good - thanks for a brilliant how to.

GA-P35-DS3R, Q6600, 8800GT, 8GB

C'mon! Don't be so lazy!

We already discussed that... in THIS thread!!!

Timeout

Speedup boot process

It's not too hard to use the 'Search Topic' button, is it?

1 - on boot it shows the screen to select the start-up disk but there is no timer for this - can one be put in?

2 - I get all the text/Darwin screen on boot (verbose mode) so how can I turn this off?

Apart from that all is good - thanks for a brilliant how to.

C'mon! Don't be so lazy!

We already discussed that... in THIS thread!!!

Timeout

Speedup boot process

It's not too hard to use the 'Search Topic' button, is it?

Sorry, guilty as charged. Twas past midnight when I'd finished my installation on Lion and I was thinking about it whilst I was at work so I didn't really look very hard.

Thanks anyway ;)

I used the step by step guide with my P35-DS4 everything works fine, exept that i#ve a problem with safari and flash. On some pages safari reloads the page again and again unti i get an error that safari is unable to display the content. My second problem is that i installed the newest flash beta for os lion by adobe but flash doesn't work in safari and firefox, i always get a plugin error.

First of all, thank you for this guide. Got Lion installed in half an hour. :D

I got the same problem with flash. Got a plugin error every time. So I used the DP4 geforce drivers and now it works, no glitter or anything. Found it on this link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t264291.html.

Seems it has something to do with my 8800 GTS 320Mb graphics card. But this solved the problem in case some other people have the same card and flash problems in Lion. :D

First of all, thank you for this guide. Got Lion installed in half an hour. :D

I got the same problem with flash. Got a plugin error every time. So I used the DP4 geforce drivers and now it works, no glitter or anything. Found it on this link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t264291.html.

Seems it has something to do with my 8800 GTS 320Mb graphics card. But this solved the problem in case some other people have the same card and flash problems in Lion. :D

Brutus, when I download the 1.1 zip, I don't see the mkboot and finalize scripts that are referred to in the step by step instructions. Are you saying that you have these files in your version? If so, could you attach your copy of the zip, please?

I posted about this before (post w/ screenshot: #504) but no one seems to have noticed.

Thanks very much! :D

Brutus, when I download the 1.1 zip, I don't see the mkboot and finalize scripts that are referred to in the step by step instructions. Are you saying that you have these files in your version? If so, could you attach your copy of the zip, please?

I posted about this before (post w/ screenshot: #504) but no one seems to have noticed.

Thanks very much! :D

If you can't see the mkboot and finalize, you probably unpacked the file with the unarchiver or something else. You have to unpack it with the built in unarchiver of apple (for the most people just double click on the archive). Normally you would then have the mkboot and finalize script in the folder.

An update on the DP4 drivers. Flash works now but it is quite unstable as it seems :) . It sometimes jitters and the mac seems to hang sometimes. Also in aperture I see some problems when opening pictures in fullscreen. With the original Lion drivers these things didn't happen but flash doesn't work with these drivers and the 8800GTS.

Has someone else a solution to this problem ? It's getting really annoying when opening webpages with a lot of flash :D.

If you can't see the mkboot and finalize, you probably unpacked the file with the unarchiver or something else. You have to unpack it with the built in unarchiver of apple (for the most people just double click on the archive). Normally you would then have the mkboot and finalize script in the folder.

Incorrect. I used the default Mac one: simply double clicked the file, and got what you see in the file structure screenshot in post #504. The zip file looks precisely like the sort of zip file that the github.com zip service produces, PAX header and all.

Are you saying that your zip doesn't match the structure in the image from post #504?

If so, I ask again, please attach a zip of the files as you extracted them :rolleyes: I'm so very keen to move on to Lion.

Thanks!

Incorrect. I used the default Mac one: simply double clicked the file, and got what you see in the file structure screenshot in post #504. The zip file looks precisely like the sort of zip file that the github.com zip service produces, PAX header and all.

Are you saying that your zip doesn't match the structure in the image from post #504?

If so, I ask again, please attach a zip of the files as you extracted them :) I'm so very keen to move on to Lion.

Thanks!

Strange. I thought I uploaded the zip, must have forgot the attachment :rolleyes: . Should be ok now. I made a zip file of it in windows sinds I'm on my work so hope this helps. Let me know...

For the flash problem. It seems to help if I restart, but wake from sleep and the drivers act really weird sometimes. I hope there's gonna be a solution for this in the future but for now it will have to do :D.

install.zip

• 3 weeks later...

1. In Terminal:
    sudo install/mkboot /Volumes/USB\ Boot/

This should take ~15 minutes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand why the terminal gives "command not found" error. Pretty sure that i wrote correctly.

• Like 1

Hi. I'm very impressed by this guide. Many thanks, Tseug. I had a few problems initially because I deleted Chameleon when I formatted the partition for Lion, and my USB drive wouldn't boot. Anyway, I get a working installation of Lion 10.7, but when I do the Combo update to 10.7.2, I get a message on restart (after re-applying finalize), that it is waiting for the root device UUID ...... I've tried redoing finalize, same result. This has happened repeatedly, after redoing the process, including the initial installation of Lion. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I haven't tried redoing the Combo update without reapplying finalize.