[GUIDE] A fast and easy way to install Lion

tseug

607 posts in this topic

ok ill try that at the mo eth is en1

no go for me changed eth to en0 put 8.8.8.8 and 8.4.4.4 in dns as well but still after saying verified error appears

That's very strange, are you sure you're doing this on Chameleon r755?

Yes I am with r755 so I also read that real macs have problems with FaceTime in Lion

so unlucky 4 me.......

oh, just one more question: do you have "clean" hosts file that contains only following:

127.0.0.1 localhost
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1 localhost
fe80::1%lo0 localhost

Host Database

#

# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface

# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.

##

127.0.0.1 localhost

255.255.255.255 broadcasthost

::1 localhost

fe80::1%lo0 localhost

Exactly Like yours one more question

do you boot with UseKernelCache=Yes ???

If I do not and although I have updated to cham r1452 then I get waiting 4 root device.....

Can someone tell me how the bios must be for 4x harddrives 1x sata burner and 1x 4780 non dual DVI please?

And the bios version it must be?

I would connect only the harddrive where you want to install LION and at the end, add the others

For the BIOS version, I am on F13 and it has been successful.

No idea for your 4780 - sorry

Boris

do you boot with UseKernelCache=Yes ???

If I do not and although I have updated to cham r1452 then I get waiting 4 root device.....

No, I don't. Waiting for root is very strange thing, it may appear at one version of Chameleon and disappear on another. At least for me.

I would connect only the harddrive where you want to install LION and at the end, add the others

For the BIOS version, I am on F13 and it has been successful.

No idea for your 4780 - sorry

Boris

Thanks Boris

Even sleep is working with F13? I'm asking for the harddrives because I wan't a dual boot Win7-OSX and need to know how I can best plug the connectors on the mobo.

Did you change a lot in your bios?

Thank you tseug for this very easy way to install Mac OS X Lion on a PC. It worked very well on my System GA-P55-UD3 motherboard (with its DSDT), I5 750, WD 500 GB and 4 GB of RAM.

I just want to accelerate the boot of the OS. I've read the use of "UseKernelCache" in "/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist" will do the trick but I am wondering if we really need all these kexts? can we remove some of them (that are not used by our systems)?

Thank so much again for these sweet scripts Tseug ;)

Thank you tseug for this very easy way to install Mac OS X Lion on a PC. It worked very well on my System GA-P55-UD3 motherboard (with its DSDT), I5 750, WD 500 GB and 4 GB of RAM.

I just want to accelerate the boot of the OS. I've read the use of "UseKernelCache" in "/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist" will do the trick but I am wondering if we really need all these kexts? can we remove some of them (that are not used by our systems)?

Thank so much again for these sweet scripts Tseug ;)

You're welcome :D You can certainly remove the network and audio stuff if you don't need it on your system. Just comment it out in the script. By the way, if you want to use UseKernelCache, you need to move the kext(s) in /Extra to /System/Library/Extensions.

Hi tsueg. Thanks for the guide! Been running a SL system for a couple of years now based upon your work.

I recently tried to create a clean install of Lion, and hit a snafu with my graphics card. To run under SL, I have been using a customized NVEnabler 64 in the extras folder which has a customized ROM for my Zotac GTX460 to direct output to DVI ports (otherwise I get black screen). When I tried to run with exactly the same kext and the newest nvidia drivers for Lion, I can only boot in safe mode - otherwise system just hangs. Also boots OK with my old graphics card, so install seems OK, so I think issue is with NVenabler 64.

Is there anything you can think of with regards to your package or Lion in general that may be gumming up th works?

Thanks.

@Boris_net

Hello, thanks for the help, all this helped me install Lion.

Now I have some really strange issues the Chameleon makes the Lion read and print put all the .KEXT befor it loads, this takes like forever.

Another issue that I got is that sometimes the machine reboots unexpectedly.

Also I noticed big problems with the Flash Player from Adobe, especially when used in Opera, sorry but Safari sux 24/7!

I\m thinking to install something like Chimera or some other bootLoader and see if this helps.

GA-X58A-UD3R rev. 2, BIOS ver FF;

Video GTX 460 SE.

@Boris_net

Hello, thanks for the help, all this helped me install Lion.

Now I have some really strange issues the Chameleon makes the Lion read and print put all the .KEXT befor it loads, this takes like forever.

Another issue that I got is that sometimes the machine reboots unexpectedly.

Also I noticed big problems with the Flash Player from Adobe, especially when used in Opera, sorry but Safari sux 24/7!

I\m thinking to install something like Chimera or some other bootLoader and see if this helps.

GA-X58A-UD3R rev. 2, BIOS ver FF;

Video GTX 460 SE.

You can try to disable verbose boot by using Chameleon Wizard (you can easily update Chameleon from wizard, I'm on r1493 right now, because it have FaceTime fix) or by editing org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Edit the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file in your /Extra folder and remove :

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v</string>

or comment to disable :

<!-- key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v</string -->

Hello guys, thanks for the replay. I did downloaded the Chameleon Wizard and now I'm Chameleon 2.1svn-r508. I still have the random reboots issue. It's very annoying. Also I can hear some very, very high frequencies coming from the CPU area, it's a very strange sound. Also the OS seems to check the CD-ROM drive every few minutes or so... how can I stop this ?

Hello guys, thanks for the replay. I did downloaded the Chameleon Wizard and now I'm Chameleon 2.1svn-r508. I still have the random reboots issue. It's very annoying. Also I can hear some very, very high frequencies coming from the CPU area, it's a very strange sound. Also the OS seems to check the CD-ROM drive every few minutes or so... how can I stop this ?

It seems, that CPU power supply line causing noise, check if CPU temp is normal (high temp can cause reboot), also check all connectors to motherboard and disk drives etc.

I am really enjoying Mac OS X Lion on my pc. The only unrecognized hardware is a mini-pci wireless adapter (D-Link DWA 510). It is based on Ralink RT61/RT2561 chipset. I found some Mac OS drivers on the ralink web site (http://eng.ralinktech.com.tw/support.php?s=3) but they didn't work for me (they support up to 10.5 mac os). Is there a way to get it to work (by editing the DSDT for example) ?

Many thanks again to tseug and all the contributors in this installation method.

Any thoughts as to why I'm getting screen tear? It boots beautifully and looks as though it's about to start install and then this....

GA-G41MT-D3 REV1.3

ATI HD5770

2GIG RAM

80GIG HDD

thanks very much

found that my ATI HD 5770 was causing the error- installed my x800gt and away it went. Am i able to re-install the 5770 after the install is complete? I am guessing I will have to edit the DSDT if I am even able.

Worked well for me thank you.

One question i tried to make an bootable dvd (iso) out of the usb stick this was no problem but do you have change some installation routines on the usb Stick. Cause after ill boot from dvd it takes an realy long time to start up the Setup and after ill choose language and the harddisk it start the installation but hangs on round about 17%. Is this bevause you change something or is it just because the image is maybe corrupted. Thank you in advance and regards