[GUIDE] A fast and easy way to install Lion

tseug

607 posts in this topic

Thanks Tseug for your guide!

I just installed 10.7.2 and afterwards updated to 10.7.3 but my sound is gone and creating an iCloud account doesn't work (limit reached). How can I resolve this?

3. You will have to use PCIRootUID tweak to make iCloud and App Store works.

Copy the following into your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>PCIRootUID</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Remove all interfaces from Network preferences in System Preferences, then

in Terminal: "rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.network.identification.plist" the reboot

Add ethernet back first in Network preferences in System Preferences. Done.

Don't bother using EFI string method, it will break other things such as duel monitor.

I tried your method macbrush to resolve my iCloud problem but it didn't worked. I added the few lines to my Chameleon boot plist, removed all network interfaces, deleted 2 plist files and rebooted. I also upgraded the nic kext which tseug gave the link http://lnx2mac.blogs...osx-driver.html

http://www.mediafire..._for_ALC888.zip

that is the alc888 driver i used. if anyone has a better method, i am all years. this "just works"

I tried this next too but it didn't worked. I tried it with Kext Helper.

When I updated from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 do I need to execute the script from tseug (./finalize /Volumes/Lion) again?

Your goal is to make the OS thinks NIC is a built-in one. Maybe you can try upgrading the Chameleon to later version?

Thanks Tseug for your guide!

I just installed 10.7.2 and afterwards updated to 10.7.3 but my sound is gone and creating an iCloud account doesn't work (limit reached). How can I resolve this?

I tried your method macbrush to resolve my iCloud problem but it didn't worked. I added the few lines to my Chameleon boot plist, removed all network interfaces, deleted 2 plist files and rebooted. I also upgraded the nic kext which tseug gave the link http://lnx2mac.blogs...osx-driver.html

When I updated from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 do I need to execute the script from tseug (./finalize /Volumes/Lion) again?

Check what kext is currently being loaded for your sound and remove it. It also took a couple settings in the mixer to fiddle with to get the sound to output correctly.

All working with your (fantastic) guide in my GA-P35-DS4 + Geforce 9800GT (even sleep mode, i'm crying of happiness)

Updated with Combo update 10.7.3 perfectly (only had to re-install sound)

Thank you very much, tseug. You're the {censored} boss :king: , el puto amo que se diría aquí.

Best regards from Spain!

:)

Ok, I recreated a new usb boot stick based on 10.7.3. Every hardware is working and with sound! Even with my bluetooth stick :wink2:

The iCloud account I still cannot create. I don't know why. Anybody have this problem too?

To solve the iCloud issue you need to activate your iCloud account on a real Mac or iOS machine. In an iPad with iOS 5, I activated the iCloud account and then I could logon in the iCloud account in the hackintosh machine.

Hi all,

after installed Lion, at the first boot I have this Kernel Panic...

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement........

My CPU is Intel i3-2100

MB Asus P8H61..

somebody can help me please?

Thanks in advance

Sorry I'm a total noob esp when it comes to terminal.

I really can't understand the guide in post #1, esp. starting from steps 4.. (sudo install/mkboot /Volumes/USB\ Boot/)

I'll explain steps I did:

#format partition my USB Flashdisk as the guide;

#download the "install.tr.gz", in the Downloads folder; extract it ("install.tar" file created); then I extract it again (a folder named "install" created);

#Then I copy my custom DSDT.aml ; paste it into "Extra" folder inside that "install" folder;

#Then I copy my Lion installer (InstallESD.dmg) ; paste it into "Downloads" folder;

#Then I open Terminal, and type:

cd Downloads

#hit Enter

#I type sudo install/mkboot /Volumes/USB\ Boot/

#then I hit enter

#type my password

#hit Enter

It says "/Applications/Install Mac OS X Lion.app: No such file

Usage: mkboot <target volume>"

I tried this too:

sudo install/mkboot InstallESD.dmg DSDT.aml /Volumes/USB\ Boot/

(Almost) the same answer from Terminal;

(Usage: mkboot <target volume>)

I really don't know what to do.

I know this should be easy for you who understand terminal, but for noobs like me I really don't have idea..

Can anybody please explain to me?

Thank You in advance

Hi all,

after installed Lion, at the first boot I have this Kernel Panic...

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement........

My CPU is Intel i3-2100

MB Asus P8H61..

somebody can help me please?

Thanks in advance

I had this problem and resolved it with a BIOS update. I have a Gigabyte P35 so YMMV.

• Like 1

After upgrading to 10.7.3 via Software Update I've lost audio and haven't had any luck getting it back - even after re-running the finalize script.

System Information shows audio is:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Audio ID: 885

but there are no devices to select in the System Preferences > Sound > Output window :unsure:

Anyone have any ideas?

[snip]

A perl script containd in file "AppleRTCpatch.txt" is used to patch the AppleRTC.kext and if it needs bumping

just put the new script in the "AppleRTCpatch.txt" as the replacement.

Source: http://www.insanelym...6

I'm told the patch works on Mountain Lion without issues. I can't guarantee that it works for alle future releases of AppleRTC but it was made to be somewhat resilient to change unless code directly around the trouble spot is changed.

Let me know how it goes. Should we start new thread similar to rhis one but just Mountain Lion???

I think it's great that you could use the script as a starting point. I had originally hoped that more people would tailor it to their machines and publish it. I would, however, suggest that you make a separate thread in the appropriate forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I'm a total noob esp when it comes to terminal.

I really can't understand the guide in post #1, esp. starting from steps 4.. (sudo install/mkboot /Volumes/USB\ Boot/)

I'll explain steps I did:

#format partition my USB Flashdisk as the guide;

#download the "install.tr.gz", in the Downloads folder; extract it ("install.tar" file created); then I extract it again (a folder named "install" created);

#Then I copy my custom DSDT.aml ; paste it into "Extra" folder inside that "install" folder;

#Then I copy my Lion installer (InstallESD.dmg) ; paste it into "Downloads" folder;

#Then I open Terminal, and type:

cd Downloads

#hit Enter

#I type sudo install/mkboot /Volumes/USB\ Boot/

#then I hit enter

#type my password

#hit Enter

It says "/Applications/Install Mac OS X Lion.app: No such file

Usage: mkboot <target volume>"

I tried this too:

sudo install/mkboot InstallESD.dmg DSDT.aml /Volumes/USB\ Boot/

(Almost) the same answer from Terminal;

(Usage: mkboot <target volume>)

I really don't know what to do.

I know this should be easy for you who understand terminal, but for noobs like me I really don't have idea..

Can anybody please explain to me?

Thank You in advance

No one would like to help me/answer my question for days,.. Until I found the best method-forum-blog-guide-explanation myself..not here..but Conti/Scott's myHack Method.. I learned a lot there.. I recommend anyone who want to install Hackintosh to go there.. I guarantee!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting a "failed to eject volume" error when running the script. The script then stops (or does it finish at that point?).

GA-P35C-DS3R

Gainward GTS 250 (supported with all the cool stuff)

Lion 10.7.3 (yea I know, I just want to do a reinstall)

Intel Q6600

Mods to the install: added DSDT file

Screen shot attached.

I am running the script on a hard drive partition, not USB stick. My mobo doesn't boot the latter.

The resulting HD partition contains 4.85 of data.

post-175915-0-57732500-1333047575_thumb.png

I am getting a "failed to eject volume" error when running the script. The script then stops (or does it finish at that point?).

GA-P35C-DS3R

Gainward GTS 250 (supported with all the cool stuff)

Lion 10.7.3 (yea I know, I just want to do a reinstall)

Intel Q6600

Mods to the install: added DSDT file

Screen shot attached.

I am running the script on a hard drive partition, not USB stick. My mobo doesn't boot the latter.

The resulting HD partition contains 4.85 of data.

It sometimes does that on my computer as well. It should work anyway, though.

Hi, perhaps a strange request in here... well, I am the owner of a p35-ds4 mainboard, a q6600 cpu, nvidia GT8800 , 8 gb of ram. ... I used this guide for install and so far all is ok, but ... I realize that the harddrive speed in very bad, compared by example with a macbook or macpro (I did have the opportunity to play with this machines with a couple of days back)... so, what can I do to improve this ? do I need a special kext ?! Can someone help-me wit a tailored kexts for this mainboard ? or a "improved"n dsdt ? I know that the mainboard is old ... but no money for a new system ... any help will be appreciated !

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

by now I haven't got very far because my install lion.app is missing the "JavaRuntimeForMacOSX10.7.pkg" and therefore it seems to prevent the "mkboot" to work properly, then I guess that that java thing will also prevent the "finalize" to install and patch correctly...

please, how could I fix that ?