Supported Graphics cards with Full QE/QI

kludgedean

253 posts in this topic

gts450 is finaly running for me now in lion.

managed this with reinstall the bootloader and change model from MacPro 5,1 to 4,1/3,1

cinebench before:

macpro 5,1 3,86 fps

cinebench now:

macpro 3,1 without agpm 24,68 fps

macpro 4,1 with agpm 20,26

Just add that my HIS HD4670 Iceq 1GB Card works fully out of the box with no injector or Graphics enabler! :) way better start with it than on Snow Leopard in which it did not work until 10.6.5 :) woot looks like I am going to have a fully working lion install next month when they release it!

I`ve got HD4670 too.. I see that most modern ATI VGAs HD4/5 run OOB (without injector), but has a problem with some apps like DVD Player, GeekBench, Cinebench, some games if not boot with GraphicsEnabler=y.

Check this and write again, if haven`t such a problems .. :( I think it`s still better to use just GraphicsEnabler=y.

Asus NVidia 9400GT works perfectly (with patched DSDT and/or EFI string).

Quartz Extreme and 2D Extreme are disabled by default but can be enabled like this:

http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Enable_Quar...artz_2D_Extreme

The EFI string for this card (1GB) can be found in the attached com.apple.Boot.plist

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

I`ve got HD4670 too.. I see that most modern ATI VGAs HD4/5 run OOB (without injector), but has a problem with some apps like DVD Player, GeekBench, Cinebench, some games if not boot with GraphicsEnabler=y.

Check this and write again, if haven`t such a problems .. :rolleyes: I think it`s still better to use just GraphicsEnabler=y.

The only app that doesn't work for me is dvd player even with the graphics enabler on.. and it also crashes on me in 10.6.8 also.. and I seen on the apple forums that real macs are also having the same issue with dvdv player with some ati cards so to me its normal until they fix dvd player so I have a fully working 4670 with no enablers or injectors :D :D

The only app that doesn't work for me is dvd player even with the graphics enabler on.. and it also crashes on me in 10.6.8 also.. and I seen on the apple forums that real macs are also having the same issue with dvdv player with some ati cards so to me its normal until they fix dvd player so I have a fully working 4670 with no enablers or injectors :);)

With or without GraphicsEnabler you`ll receive same result, same VGA power.. With GraphicsEnabler the DVD Player on my system hasn`t got any problem .. The other apps I say before, too ...

So it`s better with GraphicsEnabler, not lose anything with it, but win not crashing apps .. ;)

With or without GraphicsEnabler you`ll receive same result, same VGA power.. With GraphicsEnabler the DVD Player on my system hasn`t got any problem .. The other apps I say before, too ...

So it`s better with GraphicsEnabler, not lose anything with it, but win not crashing apps .. :D

well dvd player crashes on me regardless if i have graphics enabler on or not so it not harming anything on my pc if its on or not.. as long as all my games work i am good.. and all my games do work.. heck seems to me i even get more performance on lion without the enabler than i did on Snow Leopard with the enabler :)

Everybody (with modern VGA) has in Lion more graphics perfermance than in SL. You should know this. :D The Enabler is not the reason to have more performance in Lion than SL :rolleyes:

I just say that with GraphicsEnabler=y in Lion and SL, you`ll not have problem with any app.

Dual ASUS Nvidia 9500GT 1GB's working here on an ASUS P5Q Pro, four monitors connected, two via VGA two via DVI.

I just used my com.apple.Boot.plist from my SL install which is injected with the appropriate GFX strings when installing Lion and both of them are now working with full QE/CI.

:)

My XFX 5770 does not work with DP4. After the boot text, it just shows artifacts and nothing shows up. I confirmed this by deleting the ATI5000Controller.kext file and booting, otherwise it would only boot in -x mode. The Graphics show up as, generic 3mb.

I'm on a Biostar TP55, and have been running Snow Leopard perfectly (without a DSDT) with Wifi, Ethernet, Full graphics support (QE/CI, GraphicsEnabler = Yes) and Sound (Voodoo) with the help of [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. My SL Extra kexts work just fine (even Voodoo) on DP4 and the system if very usable with the exception of the 5770. I am not using a DSDT with DP4 either.

I have a feeling it is a bios issue with the card or I need to configure and add a DSDT? Can someone provide some insight.

EVGA 9800GTX+ 512MB with Full QE/CI working in Lion GM without the need of any enabler or efi string injection.

All I had to do was replace the Nvidia related kexts in the GM install with the ones that are in the DP4 Install (Geforce, NVDAResman, NVDANV50Hal kext version 7.0.94). If not, I'm stuck in verbose mode after boot sequence is complete.

98001.png

98002.png

Hi Guys,

I'm having some issues with my GTS 250 512MB, although its recognized and games work, they are performing rather poorly, at least in comparison to Snow Leopard..

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and chose NVEnabler..

I got two MSI R6870 Twin Frozr II (crossfire obviously is not working is OS X, but I can still use Lion with two graphics cards inserted with up to six monitors) and everything is working flawlessly QE/QI, etc.

All using Andy's Boot CD 5.0 (which uses latest Chameleon boot loader) and GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

My XFX 5770 does not work with DP4. After the boot text, it just shows artifacts and nothing shows up. I confirmed this by deleting the ATI5000Controller.kext file and booting, otherwise it would only boot in -x mode. The Graphics show up as, generic 3mb.

I'm on a Biostar TP55, and have been running Snow Leopard perfectly (without a DSDT) with Wifi, Ethernet, Full graphics support (QE/CI, GraphicsEnabler = Yes) and Sound (Voodoo) with the help of [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. My SL Extra kexts work just fine (even Voodoo) on DP4 and the system if very usable with the exception of the 5770. I am not using a DSDT with DP4 either.

I have a feeling it is a bios issue with the card or I need to configure and add a DSDT? Can someone provide some insight.

Yep same here (Dp4 and GM now) XFX 5770 - Brilliant in Snow Leopard. Can't figure it out in Lion.

Have copied the Device ID into the ATI5000Controller.kext and I can now boot without -x

I've not tried many other routes yet but will let you know if I do get it working.

GTX 480 EVGA Superclocked works with EFI string

GTX 260/216 EVGA superclocked works with EFI string

GTX 260/216 BFG works with EFI string

EVGA 8800GTS 320 works with EFI string

EVGA 8800GTX 768 works with EFI string

This is all in Lion GM.

I'll update with a few other cards from the red side in a few days.

VTX 3D Radeon 5670 1GB DDR5 works well on Lion DP4. I had to add the card's unique device id to the ATI5000Controller.kext plist. The string I've added is: 0X68B91002 so yes, it's an 5670 but it's dev id is 68B9. GraphicsEnable=No.

VGA out Works perfect, HDMI out works fine, tested on LG TV. Everything's got recognized but had no sound on hdmi. I mean there wasn't any new sound out device in the system preferences.

Sometimes the cursor is buggy in WoW but it works very well and on pretty cool performance!! It's nearly windows-level.

I got 9300M GS 512mb on my Asus Laptop and no acceleration And thinks it's an ATI RADEON 4870 512MB (Maker=nVidia WTF!!!!!) on Lion GM Seed Build 11A511 :angel:

Also I did try the NVEnabler64.kext from kexts.com all I get is a grey screen ! Does not work till I delete it from Windows 7 as I am Dual Booting :D

Plus com.apple.Boot.plist had to be renamed to org.chameleon.Boot.plist so all the utilities that were previously used to edit boot.plist don't work no more :)

Using Chameleon 2RC5 latest build....

Plz Heeeeeeeeeelp !